What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Honestly Can't Wait For Thursday For Once ***Official TNF Buffalo vs. New England Thread (+4, 44)*** (1 Viewer)

The whole surviving the ground rule is dumb. It should just be 2 feet and that's it.
I doubt you’ll get any argument at a FF forum.

It’s been years - it’s a terrible, but somewhat understood rule.

fantasy footballers had a good suggestion - have a football child (age 4-6)

Was that a catch?

Football child: yeah he caught it

After further review, he caught it

That really should have been an INT. Sorry.

What I mean is that Poyer had clear possession, both feet down, and then the ball moved around a little with no serious loss of control. Intuitively, this is a catch. Not a huge deal, but still.
It's not the rule, though.

Horrible rule, and it's very rarely enforced consistently.

I’m trying to figure out what happened to WR Tyquan Thornton for NE. He looked great in camp and after he came off of IR. And then evaporated.

What I mean is that Poyer had clear possession, both feet down, and then the ball moved around a little with no serious loss of control. Intuitively, this is a catch. Not a huge deal, but still.

I’m not sure I agree. I’m not sure where to find it, but I’m fairly certain they’ve clarified that just because a ball moves doesn’t mean the player loses control. IMO, Poyer never lost control on that, the ball just shifted a bit.

I know. This is a general complaint about how the NFL handles stuff like this, not about this game specifically.

Good looking gal in the Kraft box. What was the name of his favorite massage parlor in Florida? We were just talking about it and nobody can remember.

Al Michaels brining up the great sushi available in that suite was a nice "touch". :thumbup:

Back to the game... STOP running the ball so much Buffalo! Throw it!
I think they’ve been very successful running for the most part. I’d actually like to see them continue so that the Patriots can’t just tee off on the pass rush. Would like to see much more Cook than Singletary though.

I think we're witnessing a changing of the guard.

they’ve been playing him in different situations over the last month, def trusting him a lot more now

Pats interior line has been average it’s a good strategy to keep running it inside

Back to the game... STOP running the ball so much Buffalo! Throw it!
I think they’ve been very successful running for the most part. I’d actually like to see them continue so that the Patriots can’t just tee off on the pass rush. Would like to see much more Cook than Singletary though.
Yeah, they have had some good runs. I guess I should have said "stop running on 2nd and 10". I feel like they've done that 4 times for basically no gains.

1st Half RB Usage

- James Cook: 44% snaps, 8 carries, 3 targets (80 yards)
- Nyheim Hines: 42% snaps, 2 carries, 2 targets (18 yards)
- Devin Singletary: 37% snaps, 5 carries, 1 target (21 yards)

Cook is averaging 6.3 yards per carry and 10 yards per catch

after 3:

Cook 14-64 & 5-41 (5 targets)
Singletary 8-34 & 0-0 (2 targets)
Hines 2-(-3) & 1-21 (2 targets)

who gets the TD? prolly Josh

New look Bills offense is scary to be honest. They can sustain drives with Allen's legs, and the balance will keep defenses guessing.

Pats when opponents score less than 20:

6-0
(Pickett, Goff, Brissett, Z Wilson, Ehlinger, Z Wilson)

when teams score more than 20:
0-5
(Tua, Lamar, Rodgers. Fields, Cousins)

What a cowardly punt

Belichick without Brady is who he was as coach in Cleveland. And he knows it and hates it

3 and out (9 yards) punt
5 play 75 yards (48 yard TD screen)
3 and out (3 yards) punt
3 and out (0 yards) punt
3 and out (3 yards) punt
8 plays 29 yards missed FGA
7 plays 36 yards punt
4 plays 18 yards punt

Pats offense is offensive

first double digit game for Cook but yeah this is not high octane offense they’ll need to beat the Chiefs next month

Users who are viewing this thread