What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Horn's a cancer (1 Viewer)

Bri

Footballguy
http://www.nola.com/sports/t-p/index.ssf?/...36003581440.xml

SAN ANTONIO -- Two of the Saints' marquee players appear to be in personal conflict as the beleaguered franchise heads into an offseason of uncertainty and rebuilding.

Pro Bowl center LeCharles Bentley, who'll be an unrestricted free agent in March, and veteran wide receiver Joe Horn exchanged long-distance barbs from Texas and Florida on Tuesday, suggesting the two might be a snapshot of the team's 3-13 collapse this season.

Bentley defended former coach Jim Haslett and deposed quarterback Aaron Brooks, but took exception to Horn's antics and his recent comments about the line being the source of the team's maladies on offense.

"Everything fell on Haz and everything fell on A.B., and I don't think that's fair," Bentley said Tuesday at the team's training facility in downtown San Antonio. "Haz is a good coach, and A.B. is one of the league's most talented quarterbacks. So don't put everything on those two guys.

"I believe it's the people that everyone thinks are the team leaders that are the true cancers of this organization," Bentley continued. "Some of these people, who are always running their mouths in front of the cameras and have some asinine quote, really need to shut up and play football and do their jobs so everybody else can do their jobs effectively. People get bamboozled into thinking that these guys are the leaders of this team and they're not."

Bentley also took exception to Horn's comments about Bentley's contract situation. Bentley, a second-round pick in 2002, is free to negotiate with other teams in March.

"LeCharles is not happy," Horn told The Times-Picayune in early December. "He doesn't feel like he's been treated fairly. He felt like his contract should have been done before the end of the season. He feels like he should be one of the top paid offensive linemen in the league. That didn't happen, so he's pissed off."

Bentley said Horn's comments were untrue and inappropriate.

"I don't want to name names, but this person has clearly named my name in some of his interviews, which is lying on me to further his career and to further his interest," Bentley said. "I guess some people have that Terrell Owens syndrome. When T.O. gets too much attention, he gets a little jealous.

"Nobody ever stops and asks (him), 'What the hell are you doing that's so right? Maybe you should pull out your stat sheet.' "

Horn's response?

"Number one, I thought I was trying to say what he couldn't say. I didn't think I was hurting him," said the former Pro Bowl receiver when reached on his cell phone while driving to New Orleans from Florida. "But if that's the way he wants it, then that's the way it'll be.

"Number two, I'm not trying to further my career; I just signed a six-year $42 million deal. There's not a guy on our football team who would say I'm even close to having the T.O. syndrome, whatever that is.

"Number three, I'm sorry that everybody can't be me. If you're jealous and you're pissed off that you can't be me, that's not my fault. Get your own identity in this league.

"Number four, if you don't want to be in New Orleans, if you don't want to play for the New Orleans Saints, if you don't want to go through the aftermath of Katrina, if you think somewhere else is better, then get the hell on."

NOTES: Saints cornerbacks coach Greg Brown resigned Monday and has taken a job as secondary coach at the University of Colorado. Brown served four seasons on Haslett' staff.

"As soon as Jim got fired yesterday, I walked out of the meeting and made a phone call to Colorado because I knew they had an opening," said Brown, a former Buffaloes assistant from 1991 to '93. "It happened that fast. The experience I had with Jim Haslett has been the best experience I've had with a head coach in the NFL, and I've worked for seven different head coaches in this league. He did a tremendous job keeping the ship together. I know all the players and assistant coaches feel the same way. He's big time with us."

Brown is a native of Denver.

Haslett cleaned out his office Tuesday and plans to return to his home in Destrehan today. "I thought it was the right time to go," Haslett said. "I just got off the phone with Jim Mora, and he said sometimes you can stay in a place too long. He said he stayed two years too long in New Orleans (before resigning at midseason in 1996). My time was just about right on here."

Also, interesting that this NOLA reporter is writing from San Antonio

Last edited by a moderator:
Horn? TO syndrome? Not even close. Joe Horn guy visited the Superdone in the days after Katrina - Joe Horn played catch with kids, took a buttload of McDonalds food to the displaced victims....Joe Horn did good things to get the Katrina victims' minds off the disaster, even if only for a little while. Joe Horn gave the citizens of Nawlins something to root for, something to cheer for. So they didnt deliver. Joe Horn was hurt alot this year (maybe age is finally catching up to him), and the whole organization is in shambles. Sure Joe Horn might be a cocky and outspoken guy, but the city loves Joe Horn and Joe Horn is a warrior.Say what you want about Joe Horn, but Joe Horn cares about the people and the city of New Orleans. Losing is frustrating for everyone on the team and staff. But, I dont hang out in the locker room. Maybe he IS a cancer. :shrug:

"Number three, I'm sorry that everybody can't be me. If you're jealous and you're pissed off that you can't be me, that's not my fault. Get your own identity in this league.
and joe horn said this to a reporter where? on his cell phone...while drivingyou can't make this stuff up. i'm not one to bash on joe horn but when you just had the season he did (and make what he does) maybe you need to lighten up on the katrina references and blaming everybody but yourself for the saints miserable season. it's the fault of the nfl, the commish, the offensive line, whatever

and joe horn said this to a reporter where? on his cell phone...while drivingyou can't make this stuff up. i'm not one to bash on joe horn but when you just had the season he did (and make what he does) maybe you need to lighten up on the katrina references and blaming everybody but yourself for the saints miserable season. it's the fault of the nfl, the commish, the offensive line, whatever
I like that he told the guy who made the Pro Bowl this year, to "get his own identity in this league."

SuperJohn96 likes the way Joe Horn refers to Joe Horn in the 3rd person.SuperJohn96 is going to start referring to SuperJohn96 in the 3rd person as well.

Joe Horn ran a pretty good OT out of town due to his off-the field antics. Perhaps the O-line wouldn't be as weak if they had kept Roaf.

I don't think that's fair - and he was right - the main reason the Saintsd' season went awry was - #1 AARON BROOKS and #2 the OL. I have no problem with Horns' comments - and I liked his response (when read in full)
Horn's response?

"Number one, I thought I was trying to say what he couldn't say. I didn't think I was hurting him," said the former Pro Bowl receiver when reached on his cell phone while driving to New Orleans from Florida. "But if that's the way he wants it, then that's the way it'll be.

"Number two, I'm not trying to further my career; I just signed a six-year $42 million deal. There's not a guy on our football team who would say I'm even close to having the T.O. syndrome, whatever that is.

"Number four, if you don't want to be in New Orleans, if you don't want to play for the New Orleans Saints, if you don't want to go through the aftermath of Katrina, if you think somewhere else is better, then get the hell on."

Joe Horn ran a pretty good OT out of town due to his off-the field antics.  Perhaps the O-line wouldn't be as weak if they had kept Roaf.
Horn ran Roaf out of town???? i thought Roaf was hell bent on escaping NO.

Joe Horn ran a pretty good OT out of town due to his off-the field antics.  Perhaps the O-line wouldn't be as weak if they had kept Roaf.
Because Horn was banging Roaf's wife........

Because Horn was banging Roaf's wife........
At least we know who he was calling with that stupid cell phone

Horn? TO syndrome? Not even close. Joe Horn guy visited the Superdone in the days after Katrina - Joe Horn played catch with kids, took a buttload of McDonalds food to the displaced victims....Joe Horn did good things to get the Katrina victims' minds off the disaster, even if only for a little while. Joe Horn gave the citizens of Nawlins something to root for, something to cheer for. So they didnt deliver. Joe Horn was hurt alot this year (maybe age is finally catching up to him), and the whole organization is in shambles. Sure Joe Horn might be a cocky and outspoken guy, but the city loves Joe Horn and Joe Horn is a warrior.

Say what you want about Joe Horn, but Joe Horn cares about the people and the city of New Orleans. Losing is frustrating for everyone on the team and staff.

But, I dont hang out in the locker room. Maybe he IS a cancer.

:shrug:
You just said "Joe Horn" 11 times in basically one paragraph. The problem with Joe Horn is that Joe Horn would have used "Joe Horn" 22 times in the same paragraph. Joe Horn talks about Joe Horn in the third person. Joe Horn has to have Joe Horn's contract reworked EVERY YEAR by the Saints. Bentley deserves a new contract, he's earned it, Pro Bowler at two positions. I think I'm coming down on Bentley's side here. Not saying Horn doesn't have some good attributes, you mentioned them, but you yourself said he's "cocky and outspoken". THAT doesn't always wear well on teammates.I mean, all youwould have to do would be to ask Joe Horn what it felt like if he were playing with Joe Horn. Heck, LeCharles is not so out of line here and Joe Horn has already turned this into a major news story. Joe needs to learn how to shut Joe's mouth sometimes, because people probably get sick of hearing Joe talk about Joe.

SuperJohn96 likes the way Joe Horn refers to Joe Horn in the 3rd person.

SuperJohn96 is going to start referring to SuperJohn96 in the 3rd person as well.
sorry guys! didn't read down to SJ96's comment here before responding to my man above's comments. sorry SJ96Hey! somebody took the Honda emoticon off!

Ask Willie Roaf what he thinks of Joe Horn..or should I say ask Willies wife!

Users who are viewing this thread