What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hot Stove heating up (1 Viewer)

BeTheMatch

Footballguy
Abreu to the Astros seems like a perfect fit.

Lots of guesses on where the top FA shortstops will end up, but Trea Turner to the Phillies seems to be picking up steam in the rumor mill.

Eflin chooses Rays over Red Sox, and Bogaerts, according to Peter Gammons, has crossed Boston off his list.

Mariners trade Jesse Winker and Abraham Toro to the Brewers for Kolten Wong.

Wong's fantasy value should hold steady. Winker and Toro were both pretty bad last year so a change of scenery probably can't hurt.

Bryan Reynolds requests to be traded from the Pirates because Bob Nutting hasn’t died or sold the team, essentially. It’s been 6-7 years since I’ve bothered paying attention to this miserable, hopeless franchise and I won’t until Bob kicks the bucket or sells, and it probably won’t be the latter that comes first.

Lots of guesses on where the top FA shortstops will end up, but Trea Turner to the Phillies seems to be picking up steam in the rumor mill.
Turner is indeed headed to the Phillies.
Apparently the Padres offered him 40 million more total. I don’t know how many years that was for but still a big discrepancy.
Apparently his wife is from the Jersey/PA area, so they wanted to be out there. Didn't like being in LA whole time he was there.

Jon Heyman is getting dragged through burning coals for his Arson judge. Jon Heyman for yrs has been used as a stalking horse for Teams and agents because he doesn't triple check or check other sources. He's been better over the last few yrs but this is one of his biggest slip ups

Heyman is terrible

been that way for yrs. On the Phillies message board we had a rule don't report anything Heyman does unless you have confirmation from 2 other sources

Giants stop deal with Correa due to medical concerns, and Mets swoop in and sign him instead!
Not a fan of long term contracts like that. Can't complain as a Met fan but how many years will he play at his current level? I haven't seen Correa play a lot so I'm not the best judge here.

Giants stop deal with Correa due to medical concerns, and Mets swoop in and sign him instead!
Not a fan of long term contracts like that. Can't complain as a Met fan but how many years will he play at his current level? I haven't seen Correa play a lot so I'm not the best judge here.
Correa is a good player defensively and offensively but I don’t consider him elite. That’s a lot of money and years but whatever- the Mets owner doesn’t care and is just trying to build a winning team. As a Pirates fan, I commend that. The problem IMO is that the Mets have spent a ton of money but are they actually better than the Braves or Phils? At some point, the wheels have to fall off Verlander and Scherzer.

The Daulton Varsho for Gabe Moreno/Lourdes Gurriel trade is an interesting one. Both teams are trading from positions of surplus so there's potential for a win-win over the short term. Long term, I like the deal from the Arizona side because Moreno looks relatively low risk as prospects go.

Users who are viewing this thread