What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

HOT - Sunday Morning Edgerrin James Thread (1 Viewer)

"Hope I am wrong, but based on the approach taken by Dungy and James, I can easily see him sitting for all of October." :wacko:
Nice roster you've got, quite amazing that you could have six players that went in the first four rounds in our 10 team league. Your ability to destroy your league mates & fellow co-workers at Burger King must really make them envious of your FF knowledge. :rolleyes:
I am quite amazing but it stinks you play in a league where they overvalue talent. :wacko: You want a challenge, invite me into yours next year and then I can teach you a thing or two...for free. Then, when you win tons of money like I do every year, you can thank me. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
"Hope I am wrong, but based on the approach taken by Dungy and James, I can easily see him sitting for all of October." :wacko:
Nice roster you've got, quite amazing that you could have six players that went in the first four rounds in our 10 team league. Your ability to destroy your league mates & fellow co-workers at Burger King must really make them envious of your FF knowledge. :rolleyes:
The way I see it he has only 4 players that were taken in the first 4 rounds of our draft (Edge, Lewis, Horn, Johnson)

I am quite amazing but it stinks you play in a league where they overvalue talent. :wacko: You want a challenge, invite me into yours next year and then I can teach you a thing or two...for free. Then, when you win tons of money like I do every year, you can thank me. :cool:
Overvalue talent? More like recognize it. It's an eleven year old league, not too many people "fall" in the draft anymore.The true irony in all this banter is that we both have Edge & Jamal. So assuming you play in a redraft, we both had the same first two picks. I picked Quincy Morgan, too...scary thought for many reasons. But I digress. Why wait until next year to show you a lesson? If you joined the $15K Contest, let that team speak for you, assuming you aren't eliminated yet...I am going strong.

------------------------------------------------------------CBS SportsLine.com Fantasy Football Notification------------------------------------------------------------The Indianapolis Star reports Edgerrin James (back) missed Sunday morning's light workout. He remains a gametime decision for Monday night's meeting with the Buccaneers. "He's a little bit sore, but we'll see how things go," Tony Dungy said. "My sense is that if he does play, it's because he's feeling good and really pretty close to 100 percent. Ifnot, we probably won't play him."If James can't play, The Colts will likely split carries between Ricky Williams, James Mungro and Dominic Rhodes again.

Tonights game is a tough choice for me. I have Edge, Ricky Williams II and Mike Alstott. I can only play one of them.Any thoughts? :confused:

I am quite amazing but it stinks you play in a league where they overvalue talent.  :wacko:  You want a challenge, invite me into yours next year and then I can teach you a thing or two...for free. Then, when you win tons of money like I do every year, you can thank me.  :cool:
Overvalue talent? More like recognize it. It's an eleven year old league, not too many people "fall" in the draft anymore.The true irony in all this banter is that we both have Edge & Jamal. So assuming you play in a redraft, we both had the same first two picks. I picked Quincy Morgan, too...scary thought for many reasons. But I digress. Why wait until next year to show you a lesson? If you joined the $15K Contest, let that team speak for you, assuming you aren't eliminated yet...I am going strong.
Going very strong as well in the 15k contest and that is with one of my RB as JStewart. I was in Europe and found out after the deadline.I believe I will make it to the next round but will need to add up the numbers.

Going very strong as well in the 15k contest and that is with one of my RB as JStewart. I was in Europe and found out after the deadline.I believe I will make it to the next round but will need to add up the numbers.
Here's mine:QB: Collins, Kerry (NYG)-4.0QB: Holcomb, Kelly (Cle)-2.0QB: Maddox, Tommy (Pit)-5.0RB: Barlow, Kevan (SF)-15.0RB: Lewis, Jamal (Bal)-46.0RB: Davis, Stephen (Car)-35.0RB: Smith, Onterrio (Min)-6.0WR: Driver, Donald (GB)-22.0WR: Johnson, Kevin (Cle)-4.0WR: Reed, Josh (Buf)-7.0WR: Kennison, Eddie (KC)-3.0WR: Muhammad, Muhsin (Car)-12.0WR: Wayne, Reggie (Ind)-7.0TE: Gonzalez, Tony (KC)-21.0TE: Ricks, Mikhael (Det)-2.0PK: Brien, Doug (NYJ)-2.0PK: Dawson, Phil (Cle)-2.0Def: Buffalo-2.0Def: San Francisco-2.0Good news is that S.Davis & J.Lewis have had their byes already.

:boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: Excuse me while I knock out all the hijackers.Gimme some James news!!
Game time decision, we won't know until then. It sucks but that's the way it is. Just killing some time until then....

Not sure if this constitutes anything that wasn't already known, but this caught my eye.From Colts.com...

James, who has rushed for 263 yards and a touchdown on 72 carries in three games this season, attended practice Saturday and said not participating was a precautionary measure.
Maybe I'm grasping at straws because I REALLY need him to play tonight, but I was encouraged that he describes his missing practice as only a "pracautionary measure."

I'm grasping right along with you on this one. I can choose him or "the other Ricky Williams" tonight in one league. My opponent has a TE going and I'm up by 2.5 pts. Too close to call. Basically, I just need a few points.

I'm grasping as well. My opponent is up by 11 points and has Manning going tonight. I have Harrison and if James can't go, I have the choice of either putting in Pittman or the other Ricky. I'm just glad I had the option.

I'm grasping as well. My opponent is up by 11 points and has Manning going tonight. I have Harrison and if James can't go, I have the choice of either putting in Pittman or the other Ricky. I'm just glad I had the option.
I'm right there with you -- sort of. I've got to make up 17 points with Harrison and James going against Keyshawn. Unfortunately, I have no other options. If I had Pittman like you, I'd be awfully tempted to start him. He's the "bird in the hand" approach in that you know he is healthy and playing. It also gives you a piece of both offenses which should help in the event one team gets shut down offensively.

You have Pittman and you're wondering who to start? I'd start Pittman anyhow instead of worrying about when James sits.

I'm down by 5 pts and have either Edge or Mungro ready to go, I'm just not sure which to use.This stinks.

I thought this thread was for Edge news, not what you need to win this week. How far back do I have to look to get info? :rant: :boxing:

Nothing great but Hank just said Edge has not come out on the field yet and it will be a game time decision. :wall:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :wall: :wall: :wall:Edited to add: What does that old Jabba the Hut blowhard know anyway? Maybe Edge is just trying to put out some bad info so he can lull the Bucs into a false sense of security -- only to come running down the tunnel in full gear just after kickoff, following which he breaks a 75 yard TD scamper on the opening drive. It could happen, right? right? :confused:

Let me say this, it was a note from Joe Sunday morning about Edge that helped me make up my mind to bench James. That's the kind of information that makes this site like no other.I fully sympathize with all the guys who needed James tonight. He's my #1 back and he's killin' me. But at least I had a shot at getting some points and not a bagel hoping on James.Thanks FBGs!

This whole James thing is a mess. Hats off to the guys that said this was going to linger. You guys are completely right about this situation. All this "James is back" stuff was pure hype. The best bet is he comes back in the second half of the season and hits full stride but then again, the way that the Colts are going, they might wrap up their playoff spot and he sits week 16 and 17!!!!! Ahhhh yes the pain of the game!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread