What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

HOT - Sunday Morning Edgerrin James Thread (1 Viewer)

LadyBeBop

Footballguy
Have him in a couple of Yahoo leagues. Guess the best answer is, I have to. In one league, I have no choice (my other options are Mack..on bye...and Dillon...sitting out). The other league, I could insert Barlow in, but I'll gamble with James. The injury is a concern though, but I'll tkae my chances.

I can flex and right now I'm starting 2 RBs, Ahman and Hambrick along with 3 WRs, D Jack, Horn, and Warrick. I may start Edge instead of Warrick, but will definitely start him over Horn if Horn's role may be reduced by his injury?So reply was, don't know.

He moved to probable today,that's good enough for me. I don't believe in sitting your stars because of a bad matchup.

Went with the "have-to" option - Jamal, CuMar & L.Gordon all on a bye this week...would not have started Edge if any reports came out over the weekend that he would be slowed by his injury or limited in work, hopefully that won't happen, not that it would matter.

I am starting Edge along with Kevan Barlow. My other running backs are Corey Dillon (doubtful), Rudi Johnson (thought about it), Lamont Jordan (bye) and Justin Fargas. I think the Colts will stay close and hopefully Edge will punch one in and get a few receptions. I don't think he will get many yards.

Cleverly disguised as a WDIS but I'll play along. I voted "have to, I have no one else" because I have T. Henry (ribs), C. Martin (bye) and Ricky Williams 2 (Edge's back-up) and Edge. So I am going with Henry and Edge and praying that both of them hold up and play the whole game.

I typically agree with the "always start your studs" theory, but Edge wasn't exactly tearing it up before the injury. Does he really qualify as a stud this year? I drafted him in my keeper league #1 after another owner put him back in the draft pool. I was overjoyed since I already had Holmes and James I thought was a fantastic RB2. Now, after a couple of games, I'm wondering as a James owner if we're all a little guilty of living in the past. :confused:

I voted - don't know because the other choices don't really fit. In the 12 team league where I have Edge, I would have to play a much lesser RB or 4th WR instead. If he is going to play, I will probably play him and hope for a decent contribution (with lots of upside). Tampa Bay can be run against (although not run over), so a TD and slight yardage and some receptions would make him a play versus the alternatives.Shouldn't this be on another board?

The other league, I could insert Barlow in, but I'll gamble with James. The injury is a concern though, but I'll tkae my chances.
I'm in the same spot.Choosing between James and Barlow.I'm going with James because I can live with myself if I lose with him. Benching James for Barlow is getting "too cute" IMO. Studs are studs. You have'em, you play'em.<side commentary>I'm going with Onterrio Smith as my other starter. I'm falling for Tice this week hook, line and sinker. This is Onterrio's week. It has to be. Right?</side commentary>

Of course.I don't adhere 100% to the start your studs credo, but if Edge is playing, hell yeah, I'm putting him in there.He's lost the stop-on-a-dime cuts of old, but Edge can still lower his shoulder and run between the tackles. He is also involved in Manning's option passing game and has good hands out of the backfield -- and if he is allowed to turn the corner, he still shows some speed, if not explosion.Let's face it, Tampa Bay is a stout D all the way around. But they have been hurt by power runners getting into the secondary. Maybe run-first teams are beginning to expose some seams in the cover-2. Either way, if Edge is playing he'll get 20 carries or more to try, and will pound the ball in what will be a low-scoring game.I've got Stephen Davis up against the hurting Saints, and I'm hoping Onterrio fumbles ( :devil: ) and Moe runs all day against the soft Falcons. I'm also an optimistic FFer who loves to root for his first round pick in a money redraft, especially when the game comes down to Monday Night. Nothing like sitting back on a fall-crisp eve with a cold Upper Canada Rebellion and enjoy the glory that is football. :football:

It has bitten me in the #### and has won me alot of games, if you have a real player on MNF vs. anybody, you start them. Worst case scenario is that you are stressing one less day over a loss while the postive gain is a win energy boost moving into the work week one day closer to Friday. Follow that with beverages of your choice and it's Sunday all over again, I love fantasy football. :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm playing him, only because Lewis is on a bye and I am already starting Pittman. If I had other choices I would consider it due to health concerns and the TB D. I don't care what night they play, they don't give up a lot of fantasy points.

Between other injuries & byes, it's either Edge (Mungro if he sits--didn't get RW), Troy Brown, or Rock Cartwright. Or Brandon Stokely, if he actually plays. :yucky:

A Florida guy playing a Monday Nighter in front of his home state peeps? :thumbup: Yeah, I'm starting him. Over Antonio Bryant and Peter Warrick.The guy the pressure is really on anyway is Peyton Manning. He seems to continually come up small in the really big games. So, they need to get their running game going. Just no screen passes. Maul them up gut and then go deep over the top. None of this running or screening wide crap. James gives them the best chance to work that kind of gameplan.

I'm also an optimistic FFer who loves to root for his first round pick in a money redraft, especially when the game comes down to Monday Night. Nothing like sitting back on a fall-crisp eve with a cold Upper Canada Rebellion and enjoy the glory that is football.

:football:
That decided me!! :thumbup:

Im starting Edge along with Priest Holmes because Jamal Lewis is on bye this week. I expect Edge to get 80/1

I have Zero and Edge and I'm leaning towards starting Edge. Last year I lost a game for benching Manning vs. Phil Def and I promised myself never to bench your studs. You just never know when they'll explode for a big game.

I am skeptical about edge this week. I have Troy Hambrick v. Cardinals and I am falling for Tice's pumping up Onterrio Smith. THat is right, I like SOD's chances against the Falcons. Against any other defense, Edge starts. Totality of circumstances however, compells me to bench him this week.

I have to start two from Edge, Hambrick, O Smith and Bryson.I'm sitting Edge and starting O Smith. I'm biting on the Tice soundbyte. I was contemplating Bryson over Edge when Edge's health was more in question, but then I heard Tice and decided WTF, I'm in.

Sometimes I think the "always start you studs" theory can be thrown out the window.. In my situation I am starting A. Green & Hambrick and leaving Edge on the bench. This is the second year I've had Edge and I'm getting used to him under-performing. I don't know if at this point in time he can still be considered a stud, can he? He hasn't really exploded for an "Edge game" since the knee surgery. ON THE OHTER HAND, if I didn't have Hambrick and I had to go with my other backup, Dunn, I would pencil Edge in my lineup with no hesitation.. :brush: the only thing that might make me put Edge in is that my opponent has Manning against Tampa on Monday night and it would give me something to look forward to!

I am starting Edge this week. I have Lewis and Martin on a bye so my rbs are thin but I believe in starting your studs no matter who the opponent is. If a player only played well against poor teams he wouldn't be a stud...he'd be William Green

would love to start him, but it is a Monday night game. If he ends up not playing, I do not have any of his backups on my team. I could pick one up, but not against TB. I got Troy Hambrick for the matchup against Arizona, so I guess that will have to do.

I answered "I have to", and I guess I do...With Dillon hurt I'm already throwing TJ Duckett in there - if Edge was questionable I'd put Dunn in the lineup too. But since he's probable I'm going with him. If he's a last minute scratch I can throw in little Ricky Williams and hope for the best.

I have to make a choice between Edge and Henry. I originally benched Edge, but now I'm starting him, based on Henry's lack of practicing and doubt for the game.

Its either him or Willie Green. Who would you start? Jamal is my other guy. I won't be playing Green till he goes off.

I am starting James. its either him or George so who would you start?? thought so. Seriously, i traded Garner for him today and i know Garner has a good matchup but the offer might not have been there come tuesday.

I'm debating between Edge and Pittman, with Emmitt running a distant third for my rb 2 spot this week (I'm giving O. Smith the rock for rb #1).I was all set to go with Pittman (Alstott downgraded to questionable) until reading this thread, now I guess I'll have to think about it more.....

Well, guess I pretty much have to....It's Edge, William Green or Henry starting with Tiki...What looked like really good RB depth when the season started is now looking a bit different...lol

Got Edge in 2 of my leagues. Definately starting him in 1 due to the fact I have Moe, O. Smith and Lewis on a bye. Still debating over whether to start Moe or Smith but definately not starting them both.Other league, I have Edge sitting for the moment. I have McAllister, Zero and O. Smith. Still wondering if I should sit Zero, but against Cleveland is tempting. :confused:

Don't worry about Edge - probable under the Monday Night Lights.I also have the feeling that the Bucs will give up their first 100 yard rusher on Monday night, too.

Most of the people who are starting Edge seem to be doing it because they don't have a backup that they trust to out-perform him.. Anyone have a backup that may have a better matchup (ie. Hambrick) that is still starting Edge?

Most of the people who are starting Edge seem to be doing it because they don't have a backup that they trust to out-perform him.. Anyone have a backup that may have a better matchup (ie. Hambrick) that is still starting Edge?
I have edge as my flex player this week i am starting him over DJAX and RICE what do you guys think???RB/WR 1 PT per 10 yd6 PT per TD2 PT per 2-pt conversion

I am totally torn. I have Davis, Zero, and Edge, but I can only start two. Davis for sure cause he is rockin', but I can't decide between Zero and Edge. The "stud" theory usually bits me in ars when I go against it, but against TB "in' TB with the Edge still hurtin' is tough. Couple that with Zero having such a good came last time he played the Browns makes this a tough choice for sure. I guess I will more than likely start Edge just cause it will give me something to look forward to Monday, as mentioned my someone, but if Zero rocks on sunday it will be a long monday waiting to find out. On the other hand, if Zero don't do that well I will be feeling great. Damn FF anyway :rant: :cool:

I have edge as my flex player this week i am starting him over DJAX and RICE what do you guys think???RB/WR 1 PT per 10 yd6 PT per TD2 PT per 2-pt conversion
I would start a RB over a WR any day of the week. Especially Edge. I was refering more to people debating over starting Edge compared to a comparable backup running back on their roster.

Hey Guys,James missed practice today with his back stiffening up and that's a pretty big deal I think. Now they're backing off on him calling him a game time decision. And for Monday, that's tough for us as your rosters are likely due tomorrow.I'm telling our guys I see it as about a 60% chance that James contributes significantly. It really depends on your other options and how aggressively you're managing the game.J

Hey Guys,James missed practice today with his back stiffening up and that's a pretty big deal I think. Now they're backing off on him calling him a game time decision. And for Monday, that's tough for us as your rosters are likely due tomorrow.I'm telling our guys I see it as about a 60% chance that James contributes significantly. It really depends on your other options and how aggressively you're managing the game.J
That's enough for me. Thanks Joe! Now Zero better kick ars.

Well, given the latest information from today's practice, Edge is moving to my bench and being replaced by Garrison Hearst in one league. In my other league I'll probably leave him in because I don't have anyone that I think is a better choice.

Just got your email on this soap opera Joe. Many thanks for keeping us up to date.As with last weekend I believe many of us will have to have our final line-ups in just before the kick-off of the noon games tomorrow. The EJames situation will again have center stage IMO. Morning TV and radio shows are covered by many a FBG here in the forums and the posted updates are a tremendous help. I sure would like to see those status updates pinned to the top of the Shark Pool again. Those posts last week helped me make my decision!Right now I have OSmith penciled in to start in place of James. My #2 RB is Zero with a good match-up against the Brownies.Well, I guess I know where I'll be tomorrow morning! Right here with youse guys!

:hangsheadandshakesitinan"ohno"fashion:I just worked it all out so my roster looks goopd, and I have NOBODY else besides Edge in the only league in which I own him.I have to hope that he loosens up a bit by Monday night lights and ends up playing b/c I really have no choice - him or KFaulk - I think I need to risk the Edge.

I had been wondering what exactly was wrong with James' back. I found this on ESPN - John Clayton:

"James has a sore back, a couple of bruised tranverse processes. The pain was too much for him to play last Sunday night in New Orleans and the team won't risk playing him if he is too sore for Monday night. http://espn.go.com/nfl/clayton/qhits.html

For you health professionals, and the Oracle, what is this injury exacly?

I had been wondering what exactly was wrong with James' back. I found this on ESPN - John Clayton:"James has a sore back, a couple of bruised tranverse processes. The pain was too much for him to play last Sunday night in New Orleans and the team won't risk playing him if he is too sore for Monday night. http://espn.go.com/nfl/clayton/qhits.htmlFor you health professionals, and the Oracle, what is this injury exacly?
Isn't this similar to CPepp's injury? JAA?Anyway, I thought of one nice thing - it is unlikely my opponent this weekend who is starting Edge will get this news before tomorrow when the rosters get locked. While it hurts me in one league, the other is a MUCH bigger money league - I'll take the bagel to give him a bagel in the big $$ league! Besides he's the last undefeated team in that league, so it's time for his luck to change. And if Edge plays and plays well, I still win - it's really a win-win for me, I guess!

I think he's sitting on his on call. I drafted him and M. Faulk with my first two picks. I don't have much to show for it! :yucky: Add in my third back was W. Green, and, well....We have the option of running one back and 3 WR, so I can use Chad Johnson to lessen the sting.I had a nagging feeling about drafting those two. I should have taken A. Green, but he burned me last year. Rule #1 - don't hold a grudge.... :wall:

Now i have to make a pick between ( rice and djax ) man i wanted to play edge on mnf.

Users who are viewing this thread