What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"Hot Takes" - Food Edition (1 Viewer)

ya, i always get this look of being totally insane when i mention it. 

i just cant get myself to like it. that being said, I dont generally like sugar. i dont drink pop, barely eat candy, and anything "sugar coated" is off my list.

heck, i only use milk in my coffee. no sugar, no sweetener
Man, I will take shots of good maple syrup straight. Can't stand the HFCS stuff.

Man, I will take shots of good maple syrup straight. Can't stand the HFCS stuff.
ya most people would agree. i do LOVE the smell of maple sap boiling down into syrup, my area smells like it every end of winter. it's magical.

but can't deal w the taste.

it's pretty wild how expensive this stuff is. totally logical considering gallons get boiled down for a single bottle, and climate change making it more difficult

My people have been sugaring the same maple grove for over 200 years. Our Easter guests are the present occupants of the family farm and we had some nice new-batch Dark B (my favorite - the smokiest, whiskiest grade) on our buckwheat flapjacks this morning.

Things flatlanders don't know about maple syrup: Grade A Extra Fancy, the diamond of syrup, will actually make your teeth go 'ping' from the purity of sweetness. Maple sap, which my gramma used to give me when i came in from play, is nature's electrolyte drink (about 20 years ago - when reverse osmosis came into the game - i experimented with maple ade production, but could not get consistent enough flavor characteristics for the beverage companies). The best part of sugaring is, when your sap 1st reaches the boil, drawing off a few cups of it and pouring it into a french press of great coffee grounds. Fresh-boiling sap is about 1/30th the density & sweetness of syrup and, though i don't like sugar in my coffee, a sap brew is the best coffee i ever tasted. Then, for lunch, sugarers will make another brew of coffee and take some more sap out to cook hot dogs for lunch. Boy howdy, is sap dawgs good eatin'!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Say what now?

Why would you want other than real cheese?

Have all Americans gone :crazy:  
I believe it's real cheese-ish, a modified white cheddar. It melts better on breakfast sandwiches. I eat way too many breakfast sandwiches, and IMO most "real" cheeses are either too strong for them or not melty enough or both.  Cheddar is passable, mozzarella is surprisingly good, but this is better than those.

And yes, obviously. The evidence is pretty overwhelming.

Re McDonald's french fries - I think it's been mentioned before, but there is a YUGE difference between fresh ones and any that are more than a few minutes old.

Anyone criticizing fresh ones are out of their damn minds. And anyone promoting the ones that are more than a few minutes old are similarly out of their damn minds. 

Not saying anyone is, but felt that qualification needed to be floated out there.

Re McDonald's french fries - I think it's been mentioned before, but there is a YUGE difference between fresh ones and any that are more than a few minutes old.

Anyone criticizing fresh ones are out of their damn minds. And anyone promoting the ones that are more than a few minutes old are similarly out of their damn minds. 

Not saying anyone is, but felt that qualification needed to be floated out there.
If they are out of fries and I know people are waiting on them, I will not order fries because I know they will take them out of the fryer early. The 22 seconds you save us by taking them out of the fryer 22 seconds early is not worth having slightly undercooked fries. Would rather have fries that have been sitting there for two hours. 

If they are out of fries and I know people are waiting on them, I will not order fries because I know they will take them out of the fryer early. The 22 seconds you save us by taking them out of the fryer 22 seconds early is not worth having slightly undercooked fries. Would rather have fries that have been sitting there for two hours.
Good points in both directions.  McD's fries when fully and freshly cooked are amazing.  But in my experience I get them undercooked about 1/3 of the time.

And then if you get a batch of good ones, you've got about 5 minutes to eat them.  If the phone rings, you may as well just chuck them out the car window.

parasaurolophus said:
Just looked it up and it has both. I have had beer brewed with yams before and didnt have to take a plunger to my face. 
We could fill a lengthy thread with ####ty craft beers but just because some brewer put something unusual in a beer that you didn't like doesn't really count against that ingredient in my book.

We could fill a lengthy thread with ####ty craft beers but just because some brewer put something unusual in a beer that you didn't like doesn't really count against that ingredient in my book.
I disagree. If it makes me want to stop drinking beer it should be banned like a pit bull. 

I can't speak for WaWa, but Sheetz and Rutters are horrible. It's low-grade, cheap, microwaved food.  :X   Basically a step below McD's / Subway.

Taylor ham is only a NJ thing. Even in Staten Island nobody every heard of it. I had my first one a few weeks ago. Way too salty.
Yeah I grew up in Allentown and never heard of it. 

However, my parents are/were midwesterners and fed me as such so maybe my parents are to blame. 

Ignoramus said:
I had a coffee IPA once that was terrible. I've had lots of IPAs that I like so it must be coffee that's gross.
It’s not like there’s a whole economy based on buying stuff to add to coffee to make it palatable.

Frederick Folger: You know, maybe crushing up these rank ### beans and pouring boiling water over them wasn’t a great idea.

Joseph Halfnhalf: Let’s chuck this stuff off the top of the milk in there, and some sugar, and some vanilla and overcharge the masses for every ingredient.

Frederick Folger: Brilliant! We should bring that tiny straw guy in on this too.

It’s not like there’s a whole economy based on buying stuff to add to coffee to make it palatable.

Frederick Folger: You know, maybe crushing up these rank ### beans and pouring boiling water over them wasn’t a great idea.

Joseph Halfnhalf: Let’s chuck this stuff off the top of the milk in there, and some sugar, and some vanilla and overcharge the masses for every ingredient.

Frederick Folger: Brilliant! We should bring that tiny straw guy in on this too.
you stole this from OPM's stand up didn't you?  

Users who are viewing this thread