What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

House Oversight Committee, Dan Snyder, And The Commanders/WFT/Redskins (1 Viewer)

rockaction

Footballguy
Just saw this in my Twitter feed. Snyder has allegedly been withholding ticket revenue from the league. 

https://twitter.com/FOS/status/1510415353997836291

As one commenter noted, that's stealing, and it probably passes the extremely high bar needed to lose the franchise. 

Kevin Clark

@bykevinclark

·13m

I don't think there's much that can get Snyder kicked out of the league but widescale stealing from other owners, if proven and significant, would be one of those things. The bar is higher than you could ever imagine, and this clears it.

Just saw this in my Twitter feed. Snyder has allegedly been withholding ticket revenue from the league. 

As one commenter noted, that's stealing, and it probably passes the extremely high bar needed to lose the franchise. 

Kevin Clark

@bykevinclark

·13m

I don't think there's much that can get Snyder kicked out of the league but widescale stealing from other owners, if proven and significant, would be one of those things. The bar is higher than you could ever imagine, and this clears it.
sounds serious

but how is it even possible for the league not to multiple 40% times the total ticket revenue to confirm the correct deposit amount.

It's not like ticket sales and revenue are a mystery to the league office.

so who at the league can't multiple or is in on the fraud?

sounds serious

but how is it even possible for the league not to multiple 40% times the total ticket revenue to confirm the correct deposit amount.

It's not like ticket sales and revenue are a mystery to the league office.

so who at the league can't multiple or is in on the fraud?
From what I gather from these reports, teams are responsible for their own accounting.

And it sure sounds like the WFT’s were keeping 2 sets of books. One internally that had actual revenue, and another that they shared with the league.

The league does their math based on the data the team sends them. But the team sent fraudulent data. 

I speak for ALL Washington fans...nothing would make us happier than to see this clown be removed. It's a black cloud that has darkened our franchise for decades. We all deserve better. 

"But why would he do that because he is already making so much money. He has too much to lose. These conspiracies are just silly. Multiple people would have to know about it and nobody could keep a secret that big."

Gobs of money is definitely good. In fact, the only thing better is MORE gobs of money. These guys don't end up being a majority owner of an NFL franchise because they got to a net worth of $Xmillion dollars and think to themselves, "This is a good amount... reached my goal". 

As a Cowboys fan, I hope Snyder never leaves.  The hilarity and embarrassment of the Snydermanders franchise is the only thing that can take our minds off the last 25+ years of our own ineptitude.

#staydanny

habsfan said:
Here's a conspiracy theory for you. What if it isn't just WFT doing this?
It certainly would not surprise me if other teams are skimming but that is why the NFL needs to extract a strict consequence. 

Hot Sauce Guy said:
From what I gather from these reports, teams are responsible for their own accounting.

And it sure sounds like the WFT’s were keeping 2 sets of books. One internally that had actual revenue, and another that they shared with the league.

The league does their math based on the data the team sends them. But the team sent fraudulent data. 
any organization that handles BILLIONS in revenue and doesn't audit the cash deserves what it gets

but it is inconceivable that any organization owned by Billionaires would not audit the cash and ensure they get what they are entitled to

especially Robert Kraft and Jerry Jones

so what's the real story?

only owners with the secret password get to scam the system?

Skipdog77 said:
As a Cowboys fan, I hope Snyder never leaves.  The hilarity and embarrassment of the Snydermanders franchise is the only thing that can take our minds off the last 25+ years of our own ineptitude.

#staydanny
The product on the field hasn't been terrible, they have been competitive since Romo and a transition from him to Dak is something most teams envy.  It may not be Favre to Rodgers or Manning to Luck but it's still a great run of high end QB play.

Now the shenanigans behind the scenes particularly with the cheerleader hush money being quashed for years is some shady @@@ ####. 

Guys like that, it's not like they get to a certain number, and decide to stop being shady. They cheat and steal, because they can. It's not like Bob McNair only sold enough worthless Enron stock to make sure his family was OK financially. He sold every bit he could. Snyder could have given free hot dogs and beer to every fan since he took over. He never would have felt the difference. They notice it when they look at the numbers, and those numbers tell them if they are winning or losing. 

Sucks being a fan of a team owned by one of these guys

Guys like that, it's not like they get to a certain number, and decide to stop being shady. They cheat and steal, because they can. It's not like Bob McNair only sold enough worthless Enron stock to make sure his family was OK financially. He sold every bit he could. Snyder could have given free hot dogs and beer to every fan since he took over. He never would have felt the difference. They notice it when they look at the numbers, and those numbers tell them if they are winning or losing. 

Sucks being a fan of a team owned by one of these guys
Aren't they all "one of these guys"?

I'd say the only one who may not be that entirely is maybe Mark Davis, coincidentally the "poorest" owner in the league.

ETA: I haven't given it much thought though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aren't they all "one of these guys"?

I'd say the only one who may not be that entirely is maybe Mark Davis, coincidentally the "poorest" owner in the league.

ETA: I haven't given it much thought though.
Arthur Blank seems like a legitimately nice person.

The product on the field hasn't been terrible, they have been competitive since Romo and a transition from him to Dak is something most teams envy.  It may not be Favre to Rodgers or Manning to Luck but it's still a great run of high end QB play.

Now the shenanigans behind the scenes particularly with the cheerleader hush money being quashed for years is some shady @@@ ####. 
4 playoff wins for the Cowboys since 1996.  

4 playoff wins in 25 years. 

That's .16 playoff wins per year.  The product may not be terrible, but it ain't good.  

4 playoff wins for the Cowboys since 1996.  

4 playoff wins in 25 years. 

That's .16 playoff wins per year.  The product may not be terrible, but it ain't good.  
I understand we live in a universe where anything less than the Gold medal equates to failure but another read is 11 playoffs since 1996. Effectively the Cowboys are in the championship hunt every other season.

In a league where 32 oligarchs (not including non-controlling partners)  commit every resource possible towards parity, that's a pretty amazing outcome.

The Patriots were an anomaly across all major sports in the modern era, one that will likely never occur in any sport ever again. Let's revisit them in 25 years and count their playoff appearances from their last SB title.

BoltBacker said:
"But why would he do that because he is already making so much money. He has too much to lose. These conspiracies are just silly. Multiple people would have to know about it and nobody could keep a secret that big."

Gobs of money is definitely good. In fact, the only thing better is MORE gobs of money. These guys don't end up being a majority owner of an NFL franchise because they got to a net worth of $Xmillion dollars and think to themselves, "This is a good amount... reached my goal". 
Exactly! WWE. 

NBC Sports' Peter King believes allegations that the Commanders cheated visiting teams out of ticket revenue give the NFL a reason to expel owner Daniel Snyder. 

King said the allegations -- part of the congressional House Oversight Committee's investigation into Snyder and the organization -- could "be a way out for the NFL, and allow the league to get an owner into Washington who would restore its legitimacy." King called the beleaguered Commanders the "biggest sinking ship in the NFL by far" as the franchise loses its once-passionate fanbase seemingly by the hour. Like many league observers, King isn't sure Snyder can survive this latest scandal, which directly impacts the bank accounts of other NFL teams and owners. 

RELATED: 

Roger Goodell

SOURCE: FMIA 

Apr 4, 2022, 12:22 PM ET

Skipdog77 said:

#staydanny
As an Eagles fan, I am thankful for Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones. Jerry made two great decisions in his early ownership years that won him three superbowls: Hiring Jimmy Johnson and signing Deion Sanders. He has not been able to make another great decision in the last 26 years.

I understand we live in a universe where anything less than the Gold medal equates to failure but another read is 11 playoffs since 1996. Effectively the Cowboys are in the championship hunt every other season.

In a league where 32 oligarchs (not including non-controlling partners)  commit every resource possible towards parity, that's a pretty amazing outcome.

The Patriots were an anomaly across all major sports in the modern era, one that will likely never occur in any sport ever again. Let's revisit them in 25 years and count their playoff appearances from their last SB title.
That's actually a .440 'playoff percentage' so it isn't really every other season.  In those 25 years, they have only been in the playoffs back-to-back years twice.  I'd say they were really only a serious contender in maybe 4 of those 11 playoff appearances, and they fell in the first round 3 of those 4 times.  

I'm not expecting a Patriots-type run, but as a Cowboys fan, there is no way the on the field performance can be looked at as a whole over the last 25 years and deemed a success. 

And I hate to say it.  That's why having Danny around makes me feel better. 

As an Eagles fan, I am thankful for Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones. Jerry made two great decisions in his early ownership years that won him three superbowls: Hiring Jimmy Johnson and signing Deion Sanders. He has not been able to make another great decision in the last 26 years.
IMO I'd replace 'signing Deion Sanders' with 'trading for Charles Haley'. 

ETA: Sorry for all the Cowboys talk in this Commodores thread. 

Last edited by a moderator:
rockaction said:

Kevin Clark

@bykevinclark

·13m

Jerruh has been Danny's biggest ally and may be the person who has done the most to prevent Danny from getting booted from the league.

Yet about a month ago, we heard a crack in that alliance when Jerruh said something to the effect of "we need to do better in the Washington market". 

Why would he say something like that? If Danny was stealing from him, that would be why. 

NBC Sports' Peter King believes allegations that the Commanders cheated visiting teams out of ticket revenue give the NFL a reason to expel owner Daniel Snyder. 

King said the allegations -- part of the congressional House Oversight Committee's investigation into Snyder and the organization -- could "be a way out for the NFL, and allow the league to get an owner into Washington who would restore its legitimacy." King called the beleaguered Commanders the "biggest sinking ship in the NFL by far" as the franchise loses its once-passionate fanbase seemingly by the hour. Like many league observers, King isn't sure Snyder can survive this latest scandal, which directly impacts the bank accounts of other NFL teams and owners. 
-Was going to make a snarky Peter King remark, but you're the only person posting news over personal feelings within the NFC East so thanks. 

-As far as Peter King goes, I saw him the other day on one of the TV/Radio shows, might have even been NBCSports or something and he comes off like a fossil these days. I enjoy his print work and his weekly summary or MMQB or whatever but I feel like less and less people care what his opinion is.

But I hope he's right,. We've seen Snyder escape being banished from the league again and again, he's really tarnishing the brand of professional football and should be shown the door along with a few others, Stephen Ross can accompany him for being caught trying to tank or lose football games on purpose, that cannot be tolerated either, integrity of the game being taken to its limit. 

I can't respond to all your news, but I appreciate how much conversation you stir up with updates and info. 

Thanks!

Oh Mobbin, you’re so :tinfoilhat: .How can millionaires be so stupid and risk everything they own?

The answer to all of your questions is money.

-Don Ohlmeyer

Jerruh has been Danny's biggest ally and may be the person who has done the most to prevent Danny from getting booted from the league.

Yet about a month ago, we heard a crack in that alliance when Jerruh said something to the effect of "we need to do better in the Washington market". 

Why would he say something like that? If Danny was stealing from him, that would be why. 
Decades of sexual harassment? Cover up. 

Shorting your billionaire partners on ticket revenue? Excommunicated. 

Perfect. 

Decades of sexual harassment? Cover up. 

Shorting your billionaire partners on ticket revenue? Excommunicated. 

Perfect. 
Now you get it

trying to tank
So... What's wrong with trying to tank?  I mean, I get the part where //bribing// someone to tank is wrong.  But if you look at a lot of professional sports teams tank for better picks all the time.   Hell we do it all the time in fantasy, it's a legitimate roster building strategy for the long term.

wgoldsph said:
Now you get it

So... What's wrong with trying to tank?  I mean, I get the part where //bribing// someone to tank is wrong.  But if you look at a lot of professional sports teams tank for better picks all the time.   Hell we do it all the time in fantasy, it's a legitimate roster building strategy for the long term.
tanking does not support today's talking points 

If there are legs to this, I would be shocked if the next ownership group is not minority led.

Would fit with what the league is trying to do and would go a long way toward answering for some of the past issues of the franchise.

If there are legs to this, I would be shocked if the next ownership group is not minority led.

Would fit with what the league is trying to do and would go a long way toward answering for some of the past issues of the franchise.
it would seem that a winning & competitive team  would be more desired by the fan base than the color of owner's skin (as long as its not red)

One side matter that we've all long suspected but is confirmed by this report - the Commanders released the Gruden emails that lead to his termination, exile and pending lawsuit. The emails were released as part of Snyder's smear campaign and lawsuit against Bruce Alen, whom he tried to blame for the toxic culture at the club. Starting bottom of page 41 -

One side matter that we've all long suspected but is confirmed by this report - the Commanders released the Gruden emails that lead to his termination, exile and pending lawsuit. The emails were released as part of Snyder's smear campaign and lawsuit against Bruce Alen, whom he tried to blame for the toxic culture at the club. Starting bottom of page 41 -
I saw the remark he made about Palmer and USC, what else did he say? What was so damning?

I saw the remark he made about Palmer and USC, what else did he say? What was so damning?

Not sure what you're asking here MOP my friend. You recall that Jon Gruden was forced to resign from the Raiders due to controversial comments he made in emails while he was at ESPN? The emails were released to the media but the source was unclear. Many/most of those email exchanges were with Bruce Allen at the WFT. Gruden sued the NFL, Roger Goodell and others last year on a variety of counts relating to his employment termination, damage to his reputation, etc. What many suspected at the time is now more clear - that the offensive emails were made available in the context of the Snyder/WFT misconduct investigation and lawsuits. This has now been more directly confirmed through the House Oversight Committee's report. It seems likely that Gruden will now amend his lawsuit to add WFT and Snyder as defendants.

he said the Raiders suck

yeah....he said that about his own team

:lmao:

Brent Sobleski@brentsobleski
What will it take for the 31 other owners to remove one of their own?
------------------------------------------
Tisha Thompson @TishaESPN
Daniel Snyder "permitted and participated" in a "toxic work culture," obstructed a congressional inquiry, worked to intimidate witnesses & claimed more than 100 times he could not recall answers, according to House Oversight Comm report. Full story: https://espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/352...n-commanders-toxic-culture-nfl-aided-cover-up

Users who are viewing this thread