What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Houston Texans forever - Stefon Diggs acquired. Hot Diggity (1 Viewer)

Mills played better (edit: in the second half). Heard the radio say after Pierce's 75 yard TD that Mills was something like 16 for 21 the rest of the way. But overall he's a major component of why they are losing and still isn't looking like an NFL starter. Did have a nice deep pass to Nico where he threw him open to the inside (though I'm not honestly sure if that was not enough arm to lead him, or intentional).

Stingley left the game and I was worried he broke his arm, the way he was holding it mid forearm. But he came back in, and then left again, but finished the game. Lovie said just a bruised arm and Stingley said he's ok.

Defense couldn't get pressure on Herbert. Guy's beat up and I don't know if they got a QB hit on him the whole game. Had one sack that he started to scramble on then just slid to avoid any contact.

Pierce’s 75-yard touchdown run in a 34-24 loss to the Chargers on Sunday was the franchise’s longest since Lamar Miller’s 97-yard score against the Titans on Nov. 26, 2018. The yardage helped Pierce field his first 100-yard game of his career. He now ranks 10th in the NFL in rushing yards (313), 12th in yards per rush (5.2) and is tied for 10th with two rushing touchdowns.

They have 4 1sts + 2 2nds + 4 3rds in the next two years with $50m in cap space next year and don't have a QB that is a rapist. Super happy for them; rookie class looks good too so far

Easterby gone? All frauds wind up out the door at some point. This was a great move by McNair, though McNair is still suspect in matters of personnel, it would seem.

Cal finally did something right. Now keep losing and secure our next franchise QB.

I have to say seeing the 49ers defense this season, if we wanted a defensive minded coach, someone call DeMeco this off-season too.

The lack of buzz around this team is deafening. What I really hope to see the next few days are smart sell offs for trade assets or micro deals inbound for 2023 and beyond.

Send Cooks somewhere he can win. Jerry Hughes might get you a 6th or 7th. Start to formulate your OL plan and acknowledge the high first next year is a QB and plan for the assets he’ll need.

The lack of buzz around this team is deafening. What I really hope to see the next few days are smart sell offs for trade assets or micro deals inbound for 2023 and beyond.

Send Cooks somewhere he can win. Jerry Hughes might get you a 6th or 7th. Start to formulate your OL plan and acknowledge the high first next year is a QB and plan for the assets he’ll need.

Crazy to see tickets available today for $10-15. Never thought I'd see that for an NFL team in Houston.

Crazy to see tickets available today for $10-15. Never thought I'd see that for an NFL team in Houston.
When a franchise fan base has no reason to hope, that’ll happen. We need a QB. At least with Watson, we believed we had a shot with games and seasons.

Mills isn’t it. If they fight drafting a QB next year, it’ll only further demoralize the fans. They simply must do it even if they hoped to not have to.

Hopefully the Browns keep losing, a second top 10 pick would be nice. They are losing against other bad teams and Watson gets back at a tough stretch other than playing us.

Unless they catch someone napping, don’t see another good shot at a W for the Texans until the last 3 weeks division games unless Watson comes back really rusty against us. Thought for sure Tannehill being out would have meant better results yesterday but the offense and run defense were pathetic.

They can't even be competitive at home against a division rival, who started a rookie QB, in his first game. SMH

Mills is awful, whole team is awful with a retread coach who is nothing special

When a franchise fan base has no reason to hope, that’ll happen. We need a QB. At least with Watson, we believed we had a shot with games and seasons.

Mills isn’t it. If they fight drafting a QB next year, it’ll only further demoralize the fans. They simply must do it even if they hoped to not have to.

Yep. It would be a shame if the Lions finished with a worse record. Looks like they're QB shopping as well. We need to do better i.e. worse.

Yep. It would be a shame if the Lions finished with a worse record. Looks like they're QB shopping as well. We need to do better i.e. worse.
Carolina too. They have Darnold, Mayfield, and Matt Corral and are still likely picking a QB high unless they really think Corral could be the guy after recovering from injury.

So yeah, I guess Cooks really wanted out based on his Twitter today. Yikes

Seems like Casserio wouldn't fall off his 2nd round pick ask. I suppose the drama is more interesting than this team at the moment. Definitely curious what that tweet is all about.

He was the one complaining about no more trades and signed on this year knowing what a train wreck it’d be.

Still, no reason to keep him then and especially dumb to keep him now. Honestly not sure what Caserio is thinking. Ditch his contract as the dumb sunk cost you shouldn’t have done and go get rookie weapons next year for our new franchise QB. We can all see Mills isn’t it.

Not trading Cooks makes zero sense, keep and older player when you need draft picks to rebuild your crap franchise. smh

On top of Cooks does not want to be there, you gain nothing by keeping him.
Get a draft pick. Caserio is an idiot standing on a 2nd round pick for him. Just plain dumb!

Not surprising with this garbage franchise. This team is going no where for the next 3-5 years

So do I watch the Texans on Thursday night football or the Astros in World Series Game 5... decisions, decisions.... :banned:

He was the one complaining about no more trades and signed on this year knowing what a train wreck it’d be.

Still, no reason to keep him then and especially dumb to keep him now. Honestly not sure what Caserio is thinking. Ditch his contract as the dumb sunk cost you shouldn’t have done and go get rookie weapons next year for our new franchise QB. We can all see Mills isn’t it.
Because of the deferred money in Cooks' contract extension, cutting him would actually put the Texans over the cap, and therefore they would have to cut other players to fit under the cap. While I can see doing that if it resulted in draft compensation via a trade, it doesn't achieve anything if there is no return on the transaction.

Because of the deferred money in Cooks' contract extension, cutting him would actually put the Texans over the cap, and therefore they would have to cut other players to fit under the cap. While I can see doing that if it resulted in draft compensation via a trade, it doesn't achieve anything if there is no return on the transaction.
Yeah I was more eluding to trading him, not cutting him. As was reported on deadline day, his contract presented some problem but it was probably worth it to eat part of it to let him go. Why keep a 29 yo WR on a clearly rebuilding team when there are offers out there?

Does anyone have good feel on Stingley's performance thus far? All I hear about is Sauce Gardner doing something awesome for the Jets. Seems like we drafted the wrong guy.

Does anyone have good feel on Stingley's performance thus far? All I hear about is Sauce Gardner doing something awesome for the Jets. Seems like we drafted the wrong guy.

I think he's shown the potential, and got some buzz the first few weeks but I think he's been lower profile the last couple. Seems like they are in zone a lot whenever I've focused on watching him specifically for plays at games I was at NRG.

It's been about a couple weeks but an article I looked at about impact rookies, had both of them on it, though Sauce was #2 on the list and Stingley was around #6 or 7 somewhere. I see some of the more recent ones don't have him up there now but have Pierce and Pitre both mentioned.

I preferred Sauce too at the draft. But then I also would have taken Evan Neal over both. Who has played poorly so I've got no room to crow.

I think he's shown the potential, and got some buzz the first few weeks but I think he's been lower profile the last couple. Seems like they are in zone a lot whenever I've focused on watching him specifically for plays at games I was at NRG.

It's been about a couple weeks but an article I looked at about impact rookies, had both of them on it, though Sauce was #2 on the list and Stingley was around #6 or 7 somewhere. I see some of the more recent ones don't have him up there now but have Pierce and Pitre both mentioned.

I preferred Sauce too at the draft. But then I also would have taken Evan Neal over both. Who has played poorly so I've got no room to crow.
Last thing I saw from PFF was that he was playing decently for a rookie after week 8. That he’s been asked to play a lot more run support due to how terrible the run defense is and that’s not where he excels.

What I didn’t like is they had S Kyle Hamilton rated the best defensive rookie overall so far with Sauce #2, they are already calling Sauce one of the top corners in the league as a rookie. Pitre has been a nice find but would have loved to have had Hamilton.

Well, we’re now in sole position for the 1st pick overall. I’m sure they will screw it up (all those division games the last 3 weeks looks like a minefield to win some meaningless games.)

No idea which QB prospect I would prefer at this point, I am confident the Texans will pick the wrong one though. But go ‘Stros! :suds:

Would have been nice if the Bengals had beat the Browns last week. Browns currently at 3-5. Next 3 games they have are Miami, Buffalo and Tampa Bay, so good chance of going 1-2 or 0-3.

But after that, us, Bengals, Ravens, Saints, Washington and Steelers, so quite likely 3-3 or better. Might be looking at a pick in the early teens or even bottom of the top ten with some luck.

Would have been nice if the Bengals had beat the Browns last week. Browns currently at 3-5. Next 3 games they have are Miami, Buffalo and Tampa Bay, so good chance of going 1-2 or 0-3.

But after that, us, Bengals, Ravens, Saints, Washington and Steelers, so quite likely 3-3 or better. Might be looking at a pick in the early teens or even bottom of the top ten with some luck.
On paper definitely looks like maybe 2 more wins but they did just beat the Bengals which was unexpected. All depends on Watson I guess, if he comes in rusty or not and can fire up the rest of their team. Sure would be nice to have another top 10 pick (and maybe trade down for more future picks), especially now that Cooks is a question mark to continue with the team
opening up another hole in the roster.

Last thing I saw from PFF was that he was playing decently for a rookie after week 8. That he’s been asked to play a lot more run support due to how terrible the run defense is and that’s not where he excels.

What I didn’t like is they had S Kyle Hamilton rated the best defensive rookie overall so far with Sauce #2, they are already calling Sauce one of the top corners in the league as a rookie. Pitre has been a nice find but would have loved to have had Hamilton.

Yeah, having both Sauce and Hamilton on the Texans would've been fun. I guess I'm not liking the way Stingley is trending. Looks more bust than boom and he's been healthy (I remember injury concerns were the red flag at draft). It's still early though and this defense is a mess so I'll try my best to practice patience.

The march towards #1 continues. Lots of teams near the bottom had wins and are at 3 wins. Raiders are the only 2 win team now thanks to them blowing it in the 4th quarter against the Colts.

I was only watching the game with one eye, but seemed like constantly giving up pressure up the middle has become a major issue. Could really use more bolstering of the interior line.

The march towards #1 continues. Lots of teams near the bottom had wins and are at 3 wins. Raiders are the only 2 win team now thanks to them blowing it in the 4th quarter against the Colts.

I was only watching the game with one eye, but seemed like constantly giving up pressure up the middle has become a major issue. Could really use more bolstering of the interior line.
Dexter Lawrence lived in the HOU backfield this game. He was named player of the game for the Giants. We need a Center badly, Quessenberry is a backup level player at best filling in there.

Cleveland’s pick is back in the top 8. Let’s hope they keep losing and the other bad teams keep winning.

I hope you guys didn't watch much of the Miami game. It was brutal.

I am looking forward to Cleveland however as it's really the only time this year that I'll be hoping for a Texans win. Not only for the Deshaun revenge factor but mainly for Cleveland's #1 pick.

If my health keeps going how it has this week I may not make it to see the Browns game. Been feeling like ###.

I hope you guys didn't watch much of the Miami game. It was brutal.

I am looking forward to Cleveland however as it's really the only time this year that I'll be hoping for a Texans win. Not only for the Deshaun revenge factor but mainly for Cleveland's #1 pick.
Was hoping for an upset but with the switch to Allen last week think it’s obvious they’ve packed it in. Gonna need the defense to do something to have a chance.

We can afford one “whoops we won” game, think that we likely manage to win a game with all those division games lined up the last 3 weeks of the season. Would be just like the Texans to win 3 games and end up like pick 5 or something.

Users who are viewing this thread