What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How are the Eagles favored (-2.5) over the Raiders? (1 Viewer)

I am an Eagles fan...and all I can say is that the defense, as deplorable as it has been, has been playing good lately. It's not inconceivable that they keep this a close game.

Listening to sports radio in Philly today they were saying you can pretty much shop this game as a better, the bookies don't seem to have a grasp on the game either so you can find spread basically from -2.5 for Birds or -2.5 for Raiders lol....

Last edited by a moderator:
Not saying the line is correct or the Eagles will win, but all 3 of their wins came on the road. The defense seems to be improved, and Foles is much better than he showed against Dallas.

I'm guessing it has more to do with public perception. Remember, bookies want to set the line where the action will be pretty even. Most people probably wrinkle their nose when they hear the word "Raiders," whereas the Eagles, despite their recent slide, have had a ton of hype all through the off-season.

Vegas always knows something that we don't know!
That's what I'm worried about. OAK certainly never gets a call from a ref, that's for sure.
pretty much everywhere in vegas has oak favored now, I think it opened at Philly -2.5 but now its Oak -2.5 almost everywhere
congrats to everyone who piled in early and picked them off- philly had no business being favored in this game

I'm guessing it has more to do with public perception. Remember, bookies want to set the line where the action will be pretty even. Most people probably wrinkle their nose when they hear the word "Raiders," whereas the Eagles, despite their recent slide, have had a ton of hype all through the off-season.
In what sense of the word "hype" do you mean? Are you referring to Chip's Offense or how incredibly bad they were/are supposed to be?

That's what I'm worried about. OAK certainly never gets a call from a ref, that's for sure.
pretty much everywhere in vegas has oak favored now, I think it opened at Philly -2.5 but now its Oak -2.5 almost everywhere
congrats to everyone who piled in early and picked them off- philly had no business being favored in this game
Raiders coming off an emotional home win against a wounded rival in the Steelers and have an Eagles team happy to be on the road where they play better. Pryor can't throw the ball a little bit which is the main weakness of the Eagles defense. Foles has a lot to prove after he shat the bed against Dallas. He either comes out hungry and lights it up or folds. So 50/50 there.

All those factors considered, Eagles win by 10.

i would actually middle this game

take philly moneyline

take oakland +3

favorites -3 been winning but not covering

85% consensus on philly

good luck

I'm just like Vegas, I can't get a handle on this one either. I could see the Eagles offense being flat again and laying their third egg in a row, and I can also see Foles returning to form and waking this 'high powered' offense back up and them scoring 31 points. I wouldn't bet on this game if there was a gun at my head.

Line makes sense to me. The Eagles are awful at home, but have played well on the road. As others have noted, the defense is playing better and the Raiders don't have the personnel to take advantage of the Eagles' biggest deficit (secondary). As inconsistent as they are, I wouldn't want to bet on this game, but if I had to, Eagles -3 sounds about right.

If Raiders score on this drive and get a hold, get the ball back and score again, onside kick, get that, score again, kick deep, pick 6, onside kick

Fail

Congrats indeed :thumbup:

-QG

I really got to start paying attention to Vegas odds. I don't know how they know but they know.

Must be boring for those guys to know the future before it happens. Keeps them from being sports fans.

I really got to start paying attention to Vegas odds. I don't know how they know but they know.

Must be boring for those guys to know the future before it happens. Keeps them from being sports fans.
I think they stay entertained by sleeping on a large pile of money with many beautiful women.

Users who are viewing this thread