What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How are you currently living in regards to Covid? 7/2/22 (1 Viewer)

For all intents and purposes, is Covid “over” in your mind?

• Covid doesn’t change how I live anymore

Votes: 76 81.7%
  • I still stay home for the most part

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I go out, wearing a mask and avoiding people as best I can

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • I go out, no mask, but avoid people

Votes: 10 10.8%

• Total voters

Cjw_55106

Footballguy
Out in public,  you obviously see all kinds. People hugging and hanging around with friends and others that still wear a mask while driving alone in their car. Where do you stand today?

eta: I do realize people are still dying from Covid so no matter your answer, technically it isn’t over. I use the term “over” in regards to how you are acting. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately we're fighting a severe medical diagnosis for my wife, so we do wear masks and avoid when possible.  In our town we know which stores are used by the people who never believed, so we use the ones where people predominately still wear masks.  

Covid is no longer a factor in my life.  Only wear a mask when the building I'm entering requires and that has been limited to medical offices which I almost never frequent except for kids yearly check-ups.  

I am still wary of it, having had it two months ago (just felt like a horrible flu for 4-5 days, never had any breathing, smell or taste issues; I have had two shots and the booster), but I admittedly do not take precautions anymore.  If someone asks me to wear a mask, I will, but it is what it is at this point. 

This is a question in July 2022? It stopped being a factor in my life when we got shot. 

Day to day not much really different in a usual week.  The past few days, I stay home as I tested positive.  So currently it affects me as Ive kept isolated to our bedroom and outside for a short walk each day.

Guessing I picked it up in Wisconsin at a family reunion.  As my sister tested positive…really the only reason I tested was she texted the family with her results.  I had only felt a little sinus pressure which I have chronic sinus issues on one side and it felt like that.  Thankfully no breathing issues so far (that has always been the fear as an asthmatic).

I rarely even think about covid except when I encounter discussions of it on social media.  For me and my family, the pandemic ended over a year ago when we all got vaccinated.  I feel like I got an extra year of regular life relative to people who spent the last year hiding from delta and omicron.  (And I got some indeterminate number of extra years of regular life relative to an unlucky subset of people who didn't get vaccinated.  Edit: Some anti-vaxxers might turn this around and note that they got an extra year on me because I spent all of 2020 hunkered down and they didn't -- fair enough).

Wife and daughter caught Covid on a cruise last week. Somehow I either dodged it or just fought it off. Wife is fine, daughter still feels crappy. 

Our day-to-day on the cruise was business as usual. The crew was all masked. The only hiccup we encountered was when we wanted to go into a grocery store on Tortola and were turned away for not having masks. No issue with that whatsoever.

As far as life at home, I wear a mask at work, but that’s all.

Don’t think about it really ever.  Live life same as I did prior to 2020.  Wife still wears a makes occasionally (flights, etc) but she was pretty germ adverse prior to COVID so COVID only played into that fear.  

I got a non-refundable golf trip coming up so have been a bit safer recently but have been doing normal stuff for awhile now.

Still haven’t gotten this that I know of but am in the minority now among friends and family. 

I got a non-refundable golf trip coming up so have been a bit safer recently but have been doing normal stuff for awhile now.

Still haven’t gotten this that I know of but am in the minority now among friends and family. 
I hadn’t either.  Wife did just  over a month ago (likely from a concert)…me just now.   
Her symptoms were pretty mild.  Felt like strep throat and a persistent cough for about a week.   
Mine has still so far been sinus pressure, energy is down a bit (part of that feels due to isolation and staying mostly in our bedroom to keep our kids from getting it…I do go walk in the evenings after it cools down). 

I hadn’t either.  Wife did just  over a month ago (likely from a concert)…me just now.   
Her symptoms were pretty mild.  Felt like strep throat and a persistent cough for about a week.   
Mine has still so far been sinus pressure, energy is down a bit (part of that feels due to isolation and staying mostly in our bedroom to keep our kids from getting it…I do go walk in the evenings after it cools down). 
Everyone I know who has gotten it after being vaxed says it is pretty crappy so don’t want this #### popping up just before vacation. I’m going in the bubble more than normal. 

I’m in-between a couple of the options. It still plays a big part in my life because my job is centered around it. It rarely affects my plans but with that being said, it currently is because I’m still testing positive, so this weekend I’ll be masking up if I go anywhere.

In general I haven’t been wearing a mask in most places. My general rule is that if I can avoid prolonged contact with strangers, it’s not needed. That’s most places except public transportation and health care. I’ll continue to wear a mask there long term.

At work (pharmacy in a grocery store), I wear my mask more than most of my co-workers but not consistently. Of course this is how I got exposed, so probably not the best decision. Today we went back to requiring a mask but I was probably going to anyway. But once I’m no longer positive, I’ll probably go back to normal, not wearing a mask in most places.

Covids ran through our house last 10 days. Wife tested + first. Mild symptoms. One day feeling cruddy, but then bounced back the next day. Has had light bouts of fatigue, but mostly a nothingburger - lightly worse than a common cold. Kids and I had zero symptoms, other mild nasal congestion.

All of us are unvaccinated. Thank God for Omicron. And for vitamin D. And for vitamin C. And for Zinc. And for Zinc ionophores. And for diets rich in green vegetables. And for regular exercise. It could have been a lot worse otherwise.

Unfortunately we're fighting a severe medical diagnosis for my wife, so we do wear masks and avoid when possible.  In our town we know which stores are used by the people who never believed, so we use the ones where people predominately still wear masks.  
Say what?  

Stage 4 colon cancer.  We're just post operation and haven't had the 3 month scan yet. Fingers crossed.
Sorry to hear that!  I was asking about there are places where people with masks shop in one store and people without in another store in 2022?

Sorry to hear that!  I was asking about there are places where people with masks shop in one store and people without in another store in 2022?
Crap. Brain fart.  Typically around here Walmart and Home Depot nobody is masked.  Harris Teeter and Food Lion tend to have more masked. 

I can’t really answer because none of the options totally describe me. I guess mostly No. 1 and a little 3 or 4. 

What I would say is that my life is mostly back to normal, and to the extent Covid still intrudes on it, it’s more a matter of convenience than of health. When I had an upcoming international flight, when my son was about to leave for sleepaway camp, I dialed things up a notch or two to ensure a positive test didn’t screw up our plans. 

But it’s a little weird for me to answer the question right now because I spent all last week in the ICU with a pulmonary embolism. For the first time since I got vaccinated, my fears around Covid are directly tied to my health, namely not wanting to get a respiratory disease at a moment my lungs and heart are recovering from a major trauma caused by blood clots. That mostly just means that I’ve been wearing masks in series and avoiding indoor dining. But this is just temporary, and even there I’m probably playing things safer than I technically have to. After all, the blood thinners mitigate my risk of further clotting, and as my doctor reminded me, most Omicron infections among vaccinated people tend to be upper-respiratory, not the lung infections they saw with Covid Classic

I can’t really answer because none of the options totally describe me. I guess mostly No. 1 and a little 3 or 4. 

What I would say is that my life is mostly back to normal, and to the extent Covid still intrudes on it, it’s more a matter of convenience than of health. When I had an upcoming international flight, when my son was about to leave for sleepaway camp, I dialed things up a notch or two to ensure a positive test didn’t screw up our plans. 

But it’s a little weird for me to answer the question right now because I spent all last week in the ICU with a pulmonary embolism. For the first time since I got vaccinated, my fears around Covid are directly tied to my health, namely not wanting to get a respiratory disease at a moment my lungs and heart are recovering from a major trauma caused by blood clots. That mostly just means that I’ve been wearing masks in series and avoiding indoor dining. But this is just temporary, and even there I’m probably playing things safer than I technically have to. After all, the blood thinners mitigate my risk of further clotting, and as my doctor reminded me, most Omicron infections among vaccinated people tend to be upper-respiratory, not the lung infections they saw with Covid Classic
You’re doing the prudent thing, considering recent health issues.   I have heard a lot more incidences of clotting issues, makes you wonder.  I do wear a mask when I go to the nursing home.

You’re doing the prudent thing, considering recent health issues.   I have heard a lot more incidences of clotting issues, makes you wonder.  I do wear a mask when I go to the nursing home.
Exactly. I view the Covid precautions as similar to other activities I’m not doing right now, like exercising or flying on planes. Odds are I’d be fine if I did any of those things, but how stupid would I feel if, after surviving a near-death experience, I went right back out there and put myself in danger again?

With you on the nursing home. I just never want to be in the position of being the one who puts an elderly person at risk. Also, I reserve the right to change my mind on this, but I strongly suspect I’ll be wearing masks in doctors’ offices and hospital settings for the rest of my life. Even before Covid, I remember noting how silly it was when I would take my kids to the pediatrician and they would have these nominally separate “sick kids” and “well kids” rooms. Easier to just wear a mask and avoid catching whatever anyone in that office has

Exactly. I view the Covid precautions as similar to other activities I’m not doing right now, like exercising or flying on planes. Odds are I’d be fine if I did any of those things, but how stupid would I feel if, after surviving a near-death experience, I went right back out there and put myself in danger again?

With you on the nursing home. I just never want to be in the position of being the one who puts an elderly person at risk. Also, I reserve the right to change my mind on this, but I strongly suspect I’ll be wearing masks in doctors’ offices and hospital settings for the rest of my life. Even before Covid, I remember noting how silly it was when I would take my kids to the pediatrician and they would have these nominally separate “sick kids” and “well kids” rooms. Easier to just wear a mask and avoid catching whatever anyone in that office has
I don’t think I could fly right now, my only hesitation with COVID.  The people on the planes are just unhinged also.

I wear a mask to the doctor and to therapy. Some locations i work at still require them also. I wear a 3M aura when i have to wear a mask. 

Still mostly avoid restaurants and bars. Except of course my boss asks me to go to lunch or breakfast 2-3 times a week. I say yes about 1 out of 20. Gets annoying. 

I dont wear a mask outside of work. It's still required on the base I work on for unvaccinated, but no one enforces it.  I wear a cloth neck gaiter mostly as decoration. 

I voted no mask, but avoid people. I'm more conscious about people showing illness out and about than I used to be. Try to 6 foot buffer when I can. Wash my hands and sanitize more in the post covid world. 

I am going to get my second booster shot soon. Don't wear a mask but when required to I have no problems doing so. I do avoid shaking hands as much as possible and when I do I wash my hands especially before eating.

We always have masks with us. Wear on buses, trains, inside stores, and at restaurants until we sit down. Mask up if we go to the bathroom or when we leave.

Paradoxically, we wear masks at church but remove them when we sit down. People don’t really socially distance there.

We had 125 guests at our wedding last week in a small yacht chub (room was 40’ x 80’.) Not more than 2 or 3 wore masks.

I monitor developments and read several stories a week to see where we are at locally. I think we are being aware and responsible but it’s not something we obsess over.

I do avoid shaking hands as much as possible and when I do I wash my hands especially before eating.
I gave up hand shaking a few years ago. I either hesitate to see if they withdraw, offer a fist bump, or go past their hand and grip their wrist/forearm. If it’s the latter two I try to discreetly sanitize first chance I get.

I might be more obsessed than I’m admitting. 
:lol:

Doesn't change my life these days.  Well other than Chris Bassitt being placed on the Covid list this weekend ruining my fantasy starting rotation.

No, but tonight at a neighborhood Independence weekend party, I heard about a local little league coach aged 39 who went under for dental surgery last week and didn't wake up. This is the second young(ish) person I know of around my personal sphere who has died from mysterious causes since mid last year. Insurance actuaries are reporting a huge spike in all cause mortality for young people. Seems something weird is going on out there, Covid or otherwise. Make fun of the conspiracists all you want, but they've been proven right about a lot of things since the calendar turned to the 20s. Perhaps your post is simply referencing a caricature of something(s) very real and very disturbing.

Masks are mandated at work. I’ll also wear one in crowded, enclosed places like theatres, but I generally avoid big groups of people regardless. And I wear a mask on flights.

Despite all that, my day-to-day life outside work isn’t much different than pre-pandemic. My job satisfaction has gone down tremendously though.

Everything is back to normal with the exception of wearing masks to the doctors office.

It's been back to normal for the most part in Austin for 1 year+. Been to every Austin FC game with a 20k crowd and there is no signs of masking or distancing.

I did test positive after a business trip to Nashville 1.5 months. First trip that had no mask mandate on plane travel. 2 days of achy joints and mild fatigue. I did isolate for awhile for that of course.

No, but tonight at a neighborhood Independence weekend party, I heard about a local little league coach aged 39 who went under for dental surgery last week and didn't wake up. This is the second young(ish) person I know of around my personal sphere who has died from mysterious causes since mid last year. Insurance actuaries are reporting a huge spike in all cause mortality for young people. Seems something weird is going on out there, Covid or otherwise. Make fun of the conspiracists all you want, but they've been proven right about a lot of things since the calendar turned to the 20s. Perhaps your post is simply referencing a caricature of something(s) very real and very disturbing.

Wow that's terrible, dude. So young. Such a routine procedure. My heart goes out to his family and the kids he coached.

We have been back to normal for awhile now.  Went to Ithaca, NY last week and people were wearing masks on hiking trails and walking down the sidewalk.

Just got back from a Vegas vacation. I decided going in that I wasn't going to worry about any disease and just play poker and have fun. The poker rooms are all slammed right now in that town, and I would guess less than 10% of the players are wearing masks.

Came back home with Covid. 

Generally doesn't affect my life; in Phoenix I only wear a mask when visiting Mayo, which I do every few weeks for medical treatments.  That being said, I tested positive 8 days ago for the first time.  I'm considered immuno compromised so Mayo gave me monoclonal antibodies this past Monday.  I had coughing, runny nose, and an on and off fever for a few days.  Feel good now other than a little remaining fatigue.  Wife thought she had it Tuesday but didn't test positive until Thursday.  She already feels better except for some fatigue as well.

The prior week we were in NYC jammed into buses and subways, and flights there and back, so I'm guessing I got it somewhere in there.  Only mask requirement we ran into in NYC was seeing a musical (Hadestown, good show).

I'm not voting because I don't think the options capture what we're doing very well.

Background: 3 of my 4 immediate family members had Covid. It was most likely Omicron but before the ba4 and ba5 variants came. We're all vaxxed and boosted.

We're going out and living our lives. Outside, no masks. Inside, kn95 masks on. We do not do indoor dining. Any public place with lots of people, masks stay inside indoors 100%. Stuff like dinner at a friend's house, we don't mask. Basically we're comfortable taking the risk in those smaller social circumstances. But areas where there are lots of people we don't know, we just stay masked.

We were a lot looser shortly after recovering from Covid, but with the BA variants evading prior Omicron infection, we've tightened it back up again.

Wow that's terrible, dude. So young. Such a routine procedure. My heart goes out to his family and the kids he coached.
Did the guy go under?

There is (and always has been) a small percentage of people that just don't wake up from going under. 

Wastewater analysis is showing covid is as widespread now as it was during peak Omicron in January. There is just less testing and maybe less symptoms. Good or bad, it is what it is. 

Wastewater analysis is showing covid is as widespread now as it was during peak Omicron in January. There is just less testing and maybe less symptoms. Good or bad, it is what it is. 

Less symptoms among broad spread sounds good to me. Let this nightmare finally end.

Less symptoms among broad spread sounds good to me. Let this nightmare finally end.
Maybe good on the surface to get back to normal, but it still means there are a lot of people walking around with covid who don't know it. 

Not so much ‘less symptoms’ but fewer people taking symptoms to be COVID. I think there a lot of people who get symptoms but purposely avoid testing because they don’t want to ruin plans, miss work, etc. Everyone I know who got it recently are sicker than in January. Still not many that are getting really sick and requiring hospitalization but sick enough to leave them in bed for several days. Lingering fatigue and cough seem to be common too.

Not so much ‘less symptoms’ but fewer people taking symptoms to be COVID. I think there a lot of people who get symptoms but purposely avoid testing because they don’t want to ruin plans, miss work, etc. Everyone I know who got it recently are sicker than in January. Still not many that are getting really sick and requiring hospitalization but sick enough to leave them in bed for several days. Lingering fatigue and cough seem to be common too.
I would not have tested for the little symptoms I had if my sister who I had just seen not tested positive.

Maybe as I tried any exercise and didn’t have the energy I would have…likely after exposing my kids to it more.   I walked a bit tonight and between the virus and humidity I could tell a big difference.

I would not have tested for the little symptoms I had if my sister who I had just seen not tested positive.

Maybe as I tried any exercise and didn’t have the energy I would have…likely after exposing my kids to it more.   I walked a bit tonight and between the virus and humidity I could tell a big difference.
My co-worker only tested because I tested positive. Though she was experiencing worsening asthma symptoms, so she should have been a little concerned. 

Users who are viewing this thread