What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How do you pronounce Aluminum? (1 Viewer)

How do you pronounce aluminum?

• Uh-Lum-Eh-Num

Votes: 75 88.2%
  • Al-You-Min-E-Um

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • Some other way

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
I'd love to hear how anyone gets "E-uhm" from "um".   Horrible. 

Edit:  I never realized the limeys and criminals put an extra "i" in their spelling.   Pretty sneaky, guize.  we're watching you.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Aluminum was the original name given to the element by Humphry Davy but others called it aluminum and that became the accepted name in Europe. However, in the USA the preferred name was aluminum and when the American Chemical Society debated on the issue, in 1925, it decided to stick with aluminum.

Aluminum was the original name given to the element by Humphry Davy but others called it aluminum and that became the accepted name in Europe. However, in the USA the preferred name was aluminum and when the American Chemical Society debated on the issue, in 1925, it decided to stick with aluminum.
:oldunsure:

-OZ- said:
Well that certainly clears everything up.

Users who are viewing this thread