What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How far will Quentin Griffin's stock rise tonight? (1 Viewer)

Never EVER overreact to preseason stats...
Not everyone is excited about his stats. Some of us are excited about his quickness, vision, burst through the hole, cutting ability, and balance.
I agree :yes: Pony Boy isn't impressed with a 7.7 ypc though. After all so many RB's avg that much per carry.

I only read page 4 of this, and it was mostly garbage. So, I'll now throw my trash onto the pile... :D One guy is so absurdly biased against Griffin that I will always take his opinion, now, with a very large grain of salt...the size of Gibralter.One guy backtracked.Another guy has it all figured out.Instead of avatars, I would love to know the college affiliation/love and/or the region from which each poster is from. It would help me make more sense of posts.The nickname Q is gay...but, the nickname Qdog is certifiably gay. Are you listening JLew/JLo wannabes? Oh, and two guys think they are God.Carry on...
Glad this post had so much useful information.

I only read page 4 of this, and it was mostly garbage. So, I'll now throw my trash onto the pile... :D One guy is so absurdly biased against Griffin that I will always take his opinion, now, with a very large grain of salt...the size of Gibralter.One guy backtracked.Another guy has it all figured out.Instead of avatars, I would love to know the college affiliation/love and/or the region from which each poster is from. It would help me make more sense of posts.The nickname Q is gay...but, the nickname Qdog is certifiably gay. Are you listening JLew/JLo wannabes? Oh, and two guys think they are God.Carry on...
But the name Sonny Lubick Blowup Doll isn't gay?? :rolleyes:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I only read page 4 of this, and it was mostly garbage. So, I'll now throw my trash onto the pile... :D

One guy is so absurdly biased against Griffin that I will always take his opinion, now, with a very large grain of salt...the size of Gibralter.

One guy backtracked.

Another guy has it all figured out.

Instead of avatars, I would love to know the college affiliation/love and/or the region from which each poster is from. It would help me make more sense of posts.

The nickname Q is gay...but, the nickname Qdog is certifiably gay. Are you listening JLew/JLo wannabes?

Oh, and two guys think they are God.

Carry on...
LO(mf-in)L!!You ARE on fire tonight, dude.

Glad this post had so much useful information.
My post had as much useful info as the drivel and bias before it -- the difference being I took myself far less seriously. I actually just read some good comments from Tremblay, who was able to somehow see clearly tonight.

Tell me you can do better than a username rebuttal.

Sonny,It's the 1st game of the preseason, what do you think people are going to be talking about. The Denver RB situation has been unclear since Portis has left. It's still not definate by any means but if you have something insightful to add I'd love to read it, because you've only put down the people who've posted in this thread.I get it, preseason isn't your thing but for those a little excited over the first game and want to banter a little, cut them some slack.

I haven't heard Shanny say that Bell, Anderson, or Hearst are the starters. I've heard him say Q. Griffin is the starter and he played like he was the best tonight.
I will stand by the stance I made in April. Hearst is the best runningback in Denver. Skeletor isn't going to run his best back into the ground...not when he is 30+. Hearst is being preserved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sonny,It's the 1st game of the preseason, what do you think people are going to be talking about. The Denver RB situation has been unclear since Portis has left. It's still not definate by any means but if you have something insightful to add I'd love to read it, because you've only put down the people who've posted in this thread.I get it, preseason isn't your thing but for those a little excited over the first game and want to banter a little, cut them some slack.
Thats all he does usually, diss people in threads never really having any insightful information to add himself!!

Maybe, just maybe, it was because their best RB isn't on the field yet.
This is the difference between winning your league and losing it. If I were drafting tonight, I would take the starter (Quentin Griffin) who looked very good tonight and has had some time in Shanahan's system. Instead of the Rookie (Tatum Bell), who held out, who has never seen the field, and has a broken finger. :hophead:

I'd like to hear it now, again, if someone picked Griffin in the 8th round or so a month ago, would you consider that a wasted pick?
For a survivor league...absolutely.
I went and checked , Chase picked Griffin in the 12th round and you proceeded in telling him that you'd rather have the 43rd and 49th wide receiver instead of Griffin.Whatever man, all I can say is you're stubborn at times. You're a guy who likes to post quotes at times, isn't there one about a guy's better off or a wiser person if they can see the error of their ways.If you still think Griffin is a wasted pick in the 12th round and that you'd rather have the 43 or 49th receiver instead of Griffin that's better for me if there are more owners like yourself out there.I'm not going to sit here and say this guy is a stud, but I'm saying for the guys that had the insight to get Griffin in the 8-12 range earlier, that's good stuff.

I'd like to hear it now, again, if someone picked Griffin in the 8th round or so a month ago, would you consider that a wasted pick?
How could taking Griffin in the 8th round in a survivor league be a wasted pick?
Without looking it up, I think Chase took him in more like the 13th round. Great pick.I'd actually planned before the draft to take Griffin and Wheatley in the ninth and tenth rounds, but Buckhalter and Moe Williams were unexpectedly available there and I saw them as safer choices, so I went with them. But there's no doubt that Griffin and Wheatley were both excellent value picks where they went. (I think Wheatley went in the 18th or something.)

This is the difference between winning your league and losing it. If I were drafting tonight, I would take the starter (Quentin Griffin) who looked very good tonight and has had some time in Shanahan's system. Instead of the Rookie (Tatum Bell), who held out, who has never seen the field, and has a broken finger.
I'd draft Griffin for value (I wouldnt reach for him anytime before the 5th round right now) and I'd look to reach slightly for Bell (maybe the 9th round of a 12-team league) and be perfectly confident that I locked up the Denver starter for this year.

I went and checked , Chase picked Griffin in the 12th round and you proceeded in telling him that you'd rather have the 43rd and 49th wide receiver instead of Griffin.Whatever man, all I can say is you're stubborn at times. You're a guy who likes to post quotes at times, isn't there one about a guy's better off or a wiser person if they can see the error of their ways.If you still think Griffin is a wasted pick in the 12th round and that you'd rather have the 43 or 49th receiver instead of Griffin that's better for me if there are more owners like yourself out there.I'm not going to sit here and say this guy is a stud, but I'm saying for the guys that had the insight to get Griffin in the 8-12 range earlier, that's good stuff.
LOL at you calling me "wrong" after one preseason game with a head coach that nobody in their right mind can expect to predict accurately. :lol: In a survivor league your runningbacks should be players that are actually going to play the entire year...none of the Denver RBs strike me as that type of player.In a re-draft league I think Griffin is an excellent pick in the late middle rounds...as are many other RBBC type guys that have upside. But we're not talking about re-drafts now are we.My drafts thus far are an exact illustration of this...I took Bell in the 8th(in my No-Mercy re-draft league), but In Survivor II I went nowhere near the RBBCs and I took Four #1 RBs.(Yes I considered Shipp a #1) I'll let my results do the talking again in '04. My sig has the leagues I'm competing in this year. You can question my philosophy all you want...it is proven and will be proven again this year.You have much to learn IWBC.

You make a good point. This appetizer has people drooling...and rightfully so.So, I had a few drinks, along with a massive slab of prime rib...finished it with a 20 yr. old port (free) my favorite bartender gave me, and watched the game.Then, I came here, and started on the fourth page. :rolleyes: So, I just threw out what I saw. I don't retract it. What surprised me more than anything were the names -- almost all of which I have respect for in terms of FF. But, I see your point.Anyway, my two cents are here:Griffin has, and likely will, always be running uphill -- except for Oklahoma supporters, and those Big 12 watchers who have no bias...or, can put their bias aside. His size is the main reason. Because, if you look at his results, albeit limited, he is showing very good potential. So, put me in the believer camp.I completely agree that it's too early to judge, and whatnot...but, that needs to put into perspective -- like, for rookies and such. Look, I saw enough of him last year to think he can run. And I completely trust the Broncos ability to cherry-pick good RB's. The release of Portis was yet another vote of confidence for Griffin. Oh, sure they run-block better and all, and can plug em' in. But, people are mistaken, if they don't see that Denver believes in this kid. Call me crazy, but that has more validity than biased message board posters.Lastly, how anybody couldn't tell the difference between Griffin, and the other backs, is beyond me. In fact, it's probably the reason I lashed out a bit. If it isn't obvious that he is the best back on that team right now, I question your ability to evaluate RB's. I'll judge Bell when I see him. But, this thread was more about Griffin, and his detractors.Paralysis through analysis abounds in these parts. Just watching Griffin cut, make decisions, and his quickness, is not hard to recognize. Anderson wasn't close...and I'm a biased Mountain West Conference guy. I would rather see him, but it won't happen. Then, I see those trying to dissect Griffin's bad carries and all, and have to laugh. That is futlie and ridiculous, imo. :2cents:

You make a good point. This appetizer has people drooling...and rightfully so.So, I had a few drinks, along with a massive slab of prime rib...finished it with a 20 yr. old port (free) my favorite bartender gave me, and watched the game.Then, I came here, and started on the fourth page. :rolleyes: So, I just threw out what I saw. I don't retract it. What surprised me more than anything were the names -- almost all of which I have respect for in terms of FF. But, I see your point.Anyway, my two cents are here:Griffin has, and likely will, always be running uphill -- except for Oklahoma supporters, and those Big 12 watchers who have no bias...or, can put their bias aside. His size is the main reason. Because, if you look at his results, albeit limited, he is showing very good potential. So, put me in the believer camp.I completely agree that it's too early to judge, and whatnot...but, that needs to put into perspective -- like, for rookies and such. Look, I saw enough of him last year to think he can run. And I completely trust the Broncos ability to cherry-pick good RB's. The release of Portis was yet another vote of confidence for Griffin. Oh, sure they run-block better and all, and can plug em' in. But, people are mistaken, if they don't see that Denver believes in this kid. Call me crazy, but that has more validity than biased message board posters.Lastly, how anybody couldn't tell the difference between Griffin, and the other backs, is beyond me. In fact, it's probably the reason I lashed out a bit. If it isn't obvious that he is the best back on that team right now, I question your ability to evaluate RB's. I'll judge Bell when I see him. But, this thread was more about Griffin, and his detractors.Paralysis through analysis abounds in these parts. Just watching Griffin cut, make decisions, and his quickness, is not hard to recognize. Anderson wasn't close...and I'm a biased Mountain West Conference guy. I would rather see him, but it won't happen. Then, I see those trying to dissect Griffin's bad carries and all, and have to laugh. That is futlie and ridiculous, imo. :2cents:
Wow I stand corrected you do other things then make fun of people, :goodposting:

This one is me, right?
Actually, it could be any one of us, to be honest. Right? But, specifically, I think I was referring to Lhucks.Ironically enough, I agree with what he's saying about risk/reward. But, I've just seen him comment about his book too many times, and his gospel therein, that it can get tired.Lhucks, I know you know you're ####. But, you are not the only one that understands risk/reward...or plays that way. That's all. You didn't invent it.Guys, don't get uptight. The post was meant to be funny, with some truth. :thumbup:

Lastly, how anybody couldn't tell the difference between Griffin, and the other backs, is beyond me. In fact, it's probably the reason I lashed out a bit. If it isn't obvious that he is the best back on that team right now, I question your ability to evaluate RB's. I'll judge Bell when I see him. But, this thread was more about Griffin, and his detractors.
:goodposting: :thumbup:

This one is me, right?
Actually, it could be any one of us, to be honest. Right? But, specifically, I think I was referring to Lhucks.Ironically enough, I agree with what he's saying about risk/reward. But, I've just seen him comment about his book too many times, and his gospel therein, that it can get tired.Lhucks, I know you know you're ####. But, you are not the only one that understands risk/reward...or plays that way. That's all. You didn't invent it.Guys, don't get uptight. The post was meant to be funny, with some truth. :thumbup:
I respectfully disagree Sonny. Judging by the ADP of Westbrook, DD, Brown and now Griffin I think the vast majority don't understand risk/reward. I don't claim to have invented the concept, but my article does go places where I have not seen others go...not in a formal writeup anyhow.You're right though...I probably do pimp my article too much. I've spent a lot of time on it so I like to talk about it. If that's a fault in my posts so be it.I don't presume that I know more than any other individual that I have not seen draft. I do presume that based on ADP data most still don't get it and I enjoy talking about it. BTW, I don't take offense to your posts. I'm here to discuss ff just like the rest of us reading this thread at 11 P.M. Pacific Time. :bag: Just imagine all of the other fun threads that should be popping up with preseason action underway :popcorn: Thank God for football!

i grabbed him off waivers in 2 of my leagues. not to shabby... free rb who may get 1200+ 8+. depending on how he plays thru the season.

Draft position for Q is up after tonight..However,, I have to feel that Q is just a short term fix. It is obvious to me that shanny does not have faith in him. He picked up Hearst via free agency and drafted Bell with his second round pick. NOt exactly a vote of confidence IMO.. That being said,, I hope I'm wrong and he is the long term fix.. I have Q in my dynasty league. So here's hoping I'm wrong.. My prediction is he won't even sniff a thousand yards.. He may be a good early season player to have though.

This one is me, right?
I respectfully disagree Sonny. Judging by the ADP of Westbrook, DD, Brown and now Griffin I think the vast majority don't understand risk/reward. I don't claim to have invented the concept, but my article does go places where I have not seen others go...not in a formal writeup anyhow.You're right though...I probably do pimp my article too much. I've spent a lot of time on it so I like to talk about it. If that's a fault in my posts so be it.I don't presume that I know more than any other individual that I have not seen draft. I do presume that based on ADP data most still don't get it and I enjoy talking about it. BTW, I don't take offense to your posts. I'm here to discuss ff just like the rest of us reading this thread at 11 P.M. Pacific Time. :bag: Just imagine all of the other fun threads that should be popping up with preseason action underway :popcorn: Thank God for football!
True. Most don't know. Sometimes I regard the posters here as the FF world. But, truth be told, ADP is indeed a better indication of the mean.Why is your book coming out so late?

Why is your book coming out so late?
I don't really consider it to be coming out late. I never really had a set timeframe. I'm collecting more data, expert quotes and in general more support for my assertions. I am in the process of working with a statistics graduate student to provide academic validation for the findings which is taking time and potentially resources. Overall it is just taking a long time and I want to make sure it is top-notch. Afterall, explaining to the world why 99% of the FF world has been drafting incorrectly is going to bring its fair share of criticism :shock: Additionally it has proven very difficult to make the study user-friendly. It is a handful.

Draft position for Q is up after tonight..However,, I have to feel that Q is just a short term fix. It is obvious to me that shanny does not have faith in him. He picked up Hearst via free agency and drafted Bell with his second round pick. NOt exactly a vote of confidence IMO.. That being said,, I hope I'm wrong and he is the long term fix.. I have Q in my dynasty league. So here's hoping I'm wrong.. My prediction is he won't even sniff a thousand yards.. He may be a good early season player to have though.
Well, we see it differently. I see Hearst as insurance...and a cheap veteran to spell Griffin, at times...a mentor, too. But no way is he quicker, or faster.As for Bell, I think that was possibly the best player available, in their minds. That's not a loss of confidence, necessarily, just shrewd drafting. After all, it's not like they're afraid to trade a RB. Hell, they finally found a DB, via RB. That's better than they did drafting Deltha.

In a survivor league your runningbacks should be players that are actually going to play the entire year...none of the Denver RBs strike me as that type of player.In a re-draft league I think Griffin is an excellent pick in the late middle rounds...as are many other RBBC type guys that have upside. But we're not talking about re-drafts now are we.My drafts thus far are an exact illustration of this...I took Bell in the 8th(in my No-Mercy re-draft league), but In Survivor II I went nowhere near the RBBCs and I took Four #1 RBs.(Yes I considered Shipp a #1)
This coming from the guy in the EBF Invitational that took Lee Suggs at 4.11 and William Green at 5.02. Two halves of a crappy running game taken that early? Very nice. I got Griffin at 9.12. Good luck in that league, LHUCKS!

In a survivor league your runningbacks should be players that are actually going to play the entire year...none of the Denver RBs strike me as that type of player.In a re-draft league I think Griffin is an excellent pick in the late middle rounds...as are many other RBBC type guys that have upside. But we're not talking about re-drafts now are we.My drafts thus far are an exact illustration of this...I took Bell in the 8th(in my No-Mercy re-draft league), but In Survivor II I went nowhere near the RBBCs and I took Four #1 RBs.(Yes I considered Shipp a #1)
This coming from the guy in the EBF Invitational that took Lee Suggs at 4.11 and William Green at 5.02. Two halves of a crappy running game taken that early? Very nice. I got Griffin at 9.12. Good luck in that league, LHUCKS!
Davis has already said he wants a "feature" runningback. I for one believe him. And if they do split they are my #3 and #4 RBs.I would argue that my squad is one of the strongest in that league, if not the strongest. EBF Invitational Rosters

Not everyone is excited about his stats. Some of us are excited about his quickness, vision, burst through the hole, cutting ability, and balance.
Maurile,I have a ton of respect for your viewpoints generally but on this one we're going to have to agree to disagree. I would think you would recognize that 6 carries in the preseason opener is HARDLY indicative of whether a player has (or doesnt' have) what it takes. You say you saw quickness, vision, burst through the hole, cutting ability and balance? Did he not possess those things at Oklahoma? Of the nine runs he made last night, having gone back and lookd at them again (GB Tivo), it's absolutely mind boggling how wide open those lanes were on the two big runs. Now, again, I'm NOT bashing Q-Dog or saying he didn't have the patience and vision to hit those holes, but my point is those weren't "Barry Sandersesqe" cutbacks runs that only a special back could have made. A lot of NFL backs could have busted off big gainers on those. And, if we're really evaluating his vision and balance on the other plays of tonight, how do you explain the times he got absolutely stuffed by a D-line that at best projects to be mediocre?Maybe Q-Dog will be the next great Denver backMaybe Q-Dog will be displaced as a starter in the 2nd weekMaybe Q-Dog is a stud for 3 weeks and then gets dinged upMy point is, I don't believe his workload last night should legimitately change your view on that UNLESS you were very very down on him (i.e., not projecting him to have at least a minor advantage in the Denver starting RB battle).

As successful as the Denver running game is historically, I tend to place additional value on the guy who gets the first look. The Denver running game is so productive that the guy getting the first look is often so successful that Shannan never has to look back. IIRC, only in '02 when Gary gave way to Portis after 5-6 games did the Denver feature back change midseason. Every other time a Denver RB won the job (or took over b/c of injury), he kept it through the season, with astonishing results.If Q starts week 1 (and it looks very likely as of now), I think he's talented enough to put up nice numbers in the system, and won't be beaten out. Of course, I thought Gary would have enough early season success after winning the job in training camp in '02 to keep Portis on the bench, so what do I know.

Q is available in our rookie/FA draft this year....where does he fall in that group?
I'm in the same situation in my dynasty league. I'm considering Q in the middle of the first round, but I want to see just a little bit more out of him before my draft at the end of the preseason. Where do you have him slotted?
I am a little bit leery about him in our league (it is TD heavy), but being an OU fan, he did have a nose for the goal line there. Our league is 14 team and I have picks 10, 11, 15, 17 & 18 so am hoping for him in there somewhere...I'm sure it will depend on how he does the rest of the way in the preseason....we draft on the 21st of August.If Bell makes it to 10, I would probably take them back to back at 10 and 11, but not sure that will happen. Portis fell to #9 when he was a rookie, and teams don't want to pass on that Denver rookie RB again.I think he is definitely underrated and I am probably biased being an OU fan, and watching almost all of his games in college, but I would have drafted him last year if he were anywhere but Denver behind Portis :hot: (we locked rosters after week 10, so didn't have the chance to pick him up late - kept Bryant Johnson instead... :wall: )I'll target him at pick 10, if I decide not to take him at 10 & 11 and he is still there at 15, I'll take him there for sure.

As always, I reserve all bumping of Denver Rb's until I see all of them run.

I'll go on record and back Unlucky up as well. I don't think Griffin has what it takes to be a premier RB in the league. No way can he grind out 20 carries a game for a full season.
Q will get 20... for a couple games. After those poundings, he's down to 15-18, Anderson's numbers are up, and Bell takes over either in week 8-10 if he's ready, or at the beginning of next year. Trade Q now, his value will never be higher. He bought me Marvin Harrison earlier today.

I'll go on record and back Unlucky up as well. I don't think Griffin has what it takes to be a premier RB in the league. No way can he grind out 20 carries a game for a full season.
Q will get 20... for a couple games. After those poundings, he's down to 15-18, Anderson's numbers are up, and Bell takes over either in week 8-10 if he's ready, or at the beginning of next year. Trade Q now, his value will never be higher. He bought me Marvin Harrison earlier today.
I agree 1000%.

However,, I have to feel that Q is just a short term fix. It is obvious to me that shanny does not have faith in him. He picked up Hearst via free agency and drafted Bell with his second round pick. NOt exactly a vote of confidence IMO..
All that says is that Shanahan didn't have] confidence in Griffin. Whether he has confidence in him right now is an open question, but so far the signs point to yes.Of course, we still don't know if he can beat out nine-fingered Bell or the embalmed corprse of Garrison Hearst, but I'm pretty confident that if Griffin remains the starter, he will do well.

If anyone of you have followed Q since he was a freshman at OU. You wouldn't be suprised at what he can do. Alot of people(Pony Boy) have not followed Q as closely as I have and the guy is a stud :yes:

Maurile,I have a ton of respect for your viewpoints generally but on this one we're going to have to agree to disagree. I would think you would recognize that 6 carries in the preseason opener is HARDLY indicative of whether a player has (or doesnt' have) what it takes. You say you saw quickness, vision, burst through the hole, cutting ability and balance? Did he not possess those things at Oklahoma? Of the nine runs he made last night, having gone back and lookd at them again (GB Tivo), it's absolutely mind boggling how wide open those lanes were on the two big runs. Now, again, I'm NOT bashing Q-Dog or saying he didn't have the patience and vision to hit those holes, but my point is those weren't "Barry Sandersesqe" cutbacks runs that only a special back could have made. A lot of NFL backs could have busted off big gainers on those. And, if we're really evaluating his vision and balance on the other plays of tonight, how do you explain the times he got absolutely stuffed by a D-line that at best projects to be mediocre?Maybe Q-Dog will be the next great Denver backMaybe Q-Dog will be displaced as a starter in the 2nd weekMaybe Q-Dog is a stud for 3 weeks and then gets dinged upMy point is, I don't believe his workload last night should legimitately change your view on that UNLESS you were very very down on him (i.e., not projecting him to have at least a minor advantage in the Denver starting RB battle).
With all due respect Wood I normally agree with 99% of what you say. However, I do think there is reason to be excited about Griffin due to last night's performance. Not for his vision, explosiveness or any physical attribute so to say, but he was given the "starting" role and executed it nicely. The lanes were wide open, but isn't that par for the course with a Shanahan coached Denver offense?Runners in Denver for the past decade have benefited from arguably the best performing offensive line/scheme in football. As long as the RB buys into the Shanahan approach to running the football he is usually successful regardless of skill level. So, to say that Griffin looked really good because of the room he was given to run in then we could essentially say that for every RB in Denver's recent history. However, if he continues to execute the way he did last night, I don't see any reason why Shanahan wouldn't hand him the coveted Denver RB position.

With all due respect Wood I normally agree with 99% of what you say. However, I do think there is reason to be excited about Griffin due to last night's performance. Not for his vision, explosiveness or any physical attribute so to say, but he was given the "starting" role and executed it nicely. The lanes were wide open, but isn't that par for the course with a Shanahan coached Denver offense?Runners in Denver for the past decade have benefited from arguably the best performing offensive line/scheme in football. As long as the RB buys into the Shanahan approach to running the football he is usually successful regardless of skill level. So, to say that Griffin looked really good because of the room he was given to run in then we could essentially say that for every RB in Denver's recent history. However, if he continues to execute the way he did last night, I don't see any reason why Shanahan wouldn't hand him the coveted Denver RB position.
Hey Fantaholic,I don't disagree. It does appear that Griffin has the first shot at the gig, and if he continues to perform as he did last night, the job is his to run with (no pun intended). Perhaps we're getting caught up in a game of semantics here b/c I don't have a problem with anyone saying "Q Griffin is going to be the guy" per se...what I have a problem with is dramatically changing your viewpoint based on 6 carries in the first preseason game. I'm saying let's see how the next preseason game or two go...don't put the cart before the horse is all. The preseason is long and the season even longer, one thing I've learned the hard way, first impressions can be very deceiving.

what I have a problem with is dramatically changing your viewpoint based on 6 carries in the first preseason game.
I agree with this point. I already thought Griffin had the best chance of being the guy in Denver, so last night's performance doesn't change that.But the fact that it could have changed my view (if he'd played poorly) but didn't is a bump upward for him. If there was doubt about whether he'd look decent last night, he's removed that doubt.

What I saw last night convinced me about Griffin for one simple reason - Griffin is the only back in Denver (at least until I see some more of Bell) who has the one-cut ability into the lane that is essential in their current blocking scheme. Anderson doesn't have that first move in the hole to avoid tacklers - the hole seems to close on him too fast - and Hearst is simply too old and slow to do it properly (and I have been THE biggest Hearst supporter over the years so it is hard for me to type that.)Bell is behind the learning curve, and has to go pretty far at this point to earn Shannies confidence enough to win a start. I see Griffin as well out in front of the other three guys right now. Of course this game can change quickly, I am cognizant of that, but on August 10, 2004, I have Griffin well in front of all other Denver backs as the starter and feature, and I have very little confidence in either Hearst or Anderson being the guys to catch and pass him in any race for the starter role.

Users who are viewing this thread