What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How many hours do NFL Coaches/Assistent work in a week ? (1 Viewer)

wideout

Footballguy
would like to know how many hours the coaches work in the nfl and whether they still have time for sports, family and sleeping.

would like to know how many hours the coaches work in the nfl and whether they still have time for sports, family and sleeping.

The lifers don`t have time for family.  Andy Reid is an example.   Never missed a game or practice but was never around for his kids.  Reid sacrificed his family for the game.  It is the price some coaches pay for success. Both Reid and Tony Dungy lost children and they were absentee fathers.  Hard to live with that.

Brien Billick said "The game glorifies the workaholic coach." Then at the same time they say "What kind of husband and father are you?"  damned if you do and damned if you dont.

rough guess is 15 hrs a day.   Mon-Sat.   Some might be more, some less.   They have time for sports, family, sleeping during the offseason, which is to say a month or two.   🙂

Some of those coaches are real odd balls, you can see it in their mannerisms.   But they are always watching film, in meetings, radio shows, interviews, local charity work, etc.   The time "on the field" might be outrageous, but the life is.

Unlike a lot of us 40 hr/week folks, they love their job.

To be fair, people in every line of work lose children. To call out Reid and Dungee is pretty lame in my opinion.

It’s really impossible to make a guess. Some guys likely have a sleeping quarters at the stadium while others consider themselves working if they have their phone in their hand. 

do position coaches work less than head coaches?

I see more and more former players happy as position coaches

To be fair, people in every line of work lose children. To call out Reid and Dungee is pretty lame in my opinion.

It’s really impossible to make a guess. Some guys likely have a sleeping quarters at the stadium while others consider themselves working if they have their phone in their hand. 

Not calling them out, they have called themselves out in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread