What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How many Super Bowls will the Steelers win (1 Viewer)

How many Super Bowls will the Steelers win in the next 5 years?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kupcho1

Footballguy
Very stiff competition in the AFC and its damned hard to maintain excellence in this era of free agency. Can the Steelers win another Super Bowl over the next 5 years?

None. Carson Palmer should be healthy the next 5 years. There is no reason for the NFL to give Cowher or Rooney another title. Jerome Bettis is retiring and the SB won't be played in Detroit again.

people are underestimating just how dominant this team is: I say at least 8 in the next 5 years.

This is a very good team with a young group of core players. I think another SB victory is a reasonable expectation.

I don't see why the steelers couldn't win one more championship over the next 5. I would give these reasons:

- They are not an old team in decline that will need a total overhaul anytime soon.

- They're as stable as a franchise as they come.

- They have philosophy of personnel and development that works.

- They have consistency at the HC position.

- Their main stars are young (Polamalu, Roth, FWP) and should only improve.

- The competition from the Bengals in the North has required the Steelers to step it up.

So bottom line, as a well-run business I'd expect them to continue their competitive ways. And so long as you're competitive, you have a shot.

Probably zero. A more interesting question would be how many division titles they win over the next 5 years. FWIW, I like Cincinnati's future more than I like Pittsburgh's.

Probably zero. A more interesting question would be how many division titles they win over the next 5 years. FWIW, I like Cincinnati's future more than I like Pittsburgh's.
I like Seattle's future better than Pitts.

Probably zero.  A more interesting question would be how many division titles they win over the next 5 years.  FWIW, I like Cincinnati's future more than I like Pittsburgh's.
I like Seattle's future better than Pitts.
Yeah I think Seattle definitely has a relatively easy road to the postseason for the next few years, thanks to playing in an otherwise poor division.

I would think they're even money to win at least 1. They've got a solid line, good QB, good WR talent. On the D side of the ball, they just retool year after year. They've been to 6 AFC Championships in the last 10 years. I say they're as good a pick as anybody, besides the Pats of Course. And since the Pat's can't win 'em all.

Looks like 0.
Actually, the weighted average is closer to 1.
I wonder what the results of a similar poll was after the Pats won their first superbowl? Relax--I'm not even trying to insinuate that the Steelers are anywhere near what the Pats dynasty was. Just saying--anything's possible in the NFL. With that, I voted 1 just because I think Ben is a winner (despite his performance on Sunday) and will get them back.

Looks like 0.
I wonder what the results of a similar poll was after the Pats won their first superbowl? Relax--I'm not even trying to insinuate that the Steelers are anywhere near what the Pats dynasty was. Just saying--anything's possible in the NFL. With that, I voted 1 just because I think Ben is a winner (despite his performance on Sunday) and will get them back.
Was? Was?

WTF do you mean, was? Our dynasty is not over. It's not a Super Bowl if that Pats aren't in it. You know its true. They had to have Brady flip the coin for crying out loud.

We got jobbed in Denver. We'll be back.

Was?

:hot:

:whinytool:

;)

Looks like 0.
Was? Was?

WTF do you mean, was? Our dynasty is not over. It's not a Super Bowl if that Pats aren't in it. You know its true. They had to have Brady flip the coin for crying out loud.

We got jobbed in Denver. We'll be back.

Was?

:hot:

:whinytool:

;)
My bad :lmao:

I think it's not to much to think that the Steelers could win 1 or 2 more in the next 5 years. After all they are a young team and on the rise and not on the decline like some of the other teams. As far as the refs go I tivoed every play in slow motion and the calls they made were correct. If you can slow down Ben's TD you can see where the ball broke the plane of the goal line and then he was hit on the shoulder which forced the ball back when he landed on the ground so it was a TD.

As far as the Seahawks complaing I can understand that they wanted to win their 1st Superbowl but don't blame it on the officials when Holgrem challanged Matt's fumble it was overturned as it should have been. I think there should have been 2 calls against the Hawks that were not called and one was pushing Ben from the back on the interception and another one was after Matt ran for a 1st down he got up and went over and layed the ball down in front of the Steelers defensive player's face who was injured on the play I think that he should have been flaged for taunting. So let's not complain about the refs there was only one challange in the game which was overturned. The Steelers made the big plays and the Seahawks didn't it's that simple. I mean come on now you could be pilling up all kinds of ofensive stats like 200 yards rushing and 200 yards pasing compared to the other team only having 100 total yards and finally with 30 seconds to go in the game you kick a field goal to take a 3-0 lead and you kick off and the other team returns it for a TD you lose why because the other team made the big play.

It was a good game and good luck to both teams next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously the AFC is loaded with young good talented teams.

the following teams are all right there:

Indy

NE

Pitt

Denver

SD

Cincy

not to mention Jax and Miami and KC all will contend for the playoffs the next couple of years.

This year everything went right for them, 3 road wins and it took pitt a half to wake up vs. Seattle.

They could win one in next 5, but it wont be easy

I don't see why the steelers couldn't win one more championship over the next 5. I would give these reasons:

- They are not an old team in decline that will need a total overhaul anytime soon.

- The competition from the Bengals in the North has required the Steelers to step it up.

So bottom line, as a well-run business I'd expect them to continue their competitive ways. And so long as you're competitive, you have a shot.
He'll turn 29 at midpoint next season. I wouldn't consider him young for his position.

I think they've got as good a shot as anybody in the AFC, but as others have said, the AFC is pretty competitive.

If the league becomes uncapped in '10 as expected, we'll start to have a better idea of which teams are likely to dominate the next decade.

He'll turn 29 at midpoint next season. I wouldn't consider him young for his position.
A young, healthy Mendenhall should help out the running game next year, if he can hold on to the ball. :hophead:

I would think they're even money to win at least 1. They've got a solid line, good QB, good WR talent. On the D side of the ball, they just retool year after year. They've been to 6 AFC Championships in the last 10 years. I say they're as good a pick as anybody, besides the Pats of Course. And since the Pat's can't win 'em all.
Seriously?????????????????????????? Both lines are OLD, just ask Ben how good they are, off camera. Timmons will start for Foote as he'll sign with his hometown Lions and then retire, so if anything they'll be more athletic at the LB position. I'd say their weaknesses are at the OL and CB, of which as good as they are, I said ONE more over the next five years. Of course that is all based on no key injuries to the team.

This team needs to start re-loading along both the offensive and defensive lines if they want to stay where they are at, they are young and pretty deep everywhere else.

One is a safe bet. Two wouldn't surprise me. More than two is wishful thinking. Too many things have to go just right.

Well obviously not anymore. But he was only 25 when I wrote that back in 06. Looks like I was pretty damn dead on, actually. Nice find!Edited: I'd just change Parker to Mendenhall now like other posters are mentioning.

Last edited by a moderator:

Well obviously not anymore. But he was only 25 when I wrote that back in 06. Looks like I was pretty damn dead on, actually. Nice find!Edited: I'd just change Parker to Mendenhall now like other posters are mentioning.
Ha, I didn't even notice the thread date. :thumbup: I'm an idiot.

Users who are viewing this thread