What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How many times to you bathe in a typical week? (1 Viewer)

On average how many showers or baths do you take a week?

Votes: 1 0.6%

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • 2-3

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • 4-6

Votes: 51 28.2%

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • 8-10

Votes: 43 23.8%
  • 11-13

Votes: 11 6.1%

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 15+

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dr_Zaius

Footballguy
Spinoff on a discussion I had at a picnic over the weekend. It surprised me how much variation there was in bathing frequency, hence the pole. Discuss below.

Everyday at least once in the AM. If I make it to gym or get a workout in midweek then twice. So if I'm lucky 11-13 range.
I answered 11-13 for the same reason - pretty much every morning guaranteed, and then again after a workout or if I get dirty doing a project or some such. I typically don't quite hit 14 but it'd be rare to be under 10 for the week. Higher end in the summer, lower end in the winter.

I work from home so no need to get up and take a get ready shower. I workout daily late afternoon so shower when done with that. Saturday may take a morning and night shower depending on what I'm doing. So I'd say around 8 a week on average.

In the winter its in the 6-8 range. Summer time more like 10-12 but many of those are a quick rinse off like a 2nd shower of the day after mowing

Voted 4-6. If I go into the office I shower. If I don’t it all depends what else is going on that day
This. Always shower if I'm going to the office or "going out". If I'm just being lazy around the house or not going anywhere of importance (quick errand, etc.) I can skip it. I don't stink and I'll always throw some deodorant on and brush teeth for days where I don't shower.

i workout every morning, so 7 there. Tuesday nights are tri club bike night, so 8. Maybe 9 or 10 if after the pool or for fun.

Once a day here. If I ever decide to start doing some getting in shape activities it will be more.

Every morning, ideally after workout.

Then also in evenings where there is a second workout, e.g., pickup basketball

Everyday at least once in the AM. If I make it to gym or get a workout in midweek then twice. So if I'm lucky 11-13 range.
Yep.

Also, does the hot tub/cold plunge count? If so, I probably either shower or submerge myself in water an average of 2x/day.

Wait, there are actually people who don't shower once per day? WTF?

I can't leave my house comfortably if I haven't showered.
If leaving house is the standard, I don’t think I’ve left my house today (worked from home — I suppose walked my son to school around the corner). That said, still showered.

Wait, there are actually people who don't shower once per day? WTF?

I can't leave my house comfortably if I haven't showered.
If leaving house is the standard, I don’t think I’ve left my house today (worked from home — I suppose walked my son to school around the corner). That said, still showered.
I wasn't being literal. I'm more so meaning I can't go do something productive without showering, including work from home.*

*Except for going to the gym first thing then showering

I don't always shower after working out and the number is still at least 11-12. I have a hard time justifying shower after the lunch workout when I'm just going to get dirty again in 2 hours coaching, so if I won't be around other humans in the afternoon it's italian shower time.

Work morning is an auto.

For you morning shower folks....seems to me like going to bed after not showering for 16 hours would be kind of yucky or lead to grey sheets. Of course a shower before bed messes with my sleep so that kind of sucks too.

During the summer months I’m well over 15.

At least once a day minimum. I do A lot of work around the yard and I HATE being hot. I’ll take several just on a weekend afternoon sometimes.

Most of these extra showers are quick.

I said 7, but I didn’t shower today. Wednesdays are my remote day and my oldest kid had a complete meltdown requiring a lot of management so I missed my late afternoon spruce. Now I’m too drunk to shower so…. I guess 6.

8+ shukes me.

M-F every morning: 5
Get to gym 2x a week, and maybe do yard work one of those nights: 2-3
Sat and Sun once each, time can vary based on what I do before: 2

9-10
I just don't get the need for a second shower. I don't care if you're running marathons. And I know you're not running marathons.
You can’t understand showering after a sweaty work out?

I said 7, but sometimes more.

8-10

Rarely less but sometimes more.

ETA - after thinking about it my number would have been higher 5-10 years ago before WFH being prevalent and when I worked out more.

8+ shukes me.

9-10
I just don't get the need for a second shower. I don't care if you're running marathons. And I know you're not running marathons.

You don’t get the need for a 2nd shower if someone showers in the morning for work and then after work runs even say 3-4 miles?

8+ shukes me.

9-10

You don’t get the need for a 2nd shower if someone showers in the morning for work and then after work runs even say 3-4 miles?
If I'm then going out somewhere, maybe. To just sit around the house and go nowhere? Why?

8-10 is what I picked because that's what it is most of the time but some weeks it's 11-13. Generally I shower every morning and then take a few baths during the evening depending on the level of my back pain. I generally go to the gym 3x/week but sometimes that is before my morning shower. If I go after work throw up to an extra 3 showers/week. Also, if I golf or ski I end up taking another shower so rarely could be 15+.

Users who are viewing this thread