What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How The Activist MSM Is Burying Alleged SCOTUS Kavanaugh Assassination Attempt (5/12/22 6:22 PST) (1 Viewer)

GordonGekko

Footballguy
Direct Headline: How the Mainstream Media Is Trying to Bury the Alleged SCOTUS Assassination Attempt

While the mainstream media covered the initial breaking news Wednesday morning, by Thursday it seemed to be very low priority as it almost all but disappeared on the front pages of national newspapers.....Even when the mainstream media reported the very disturbing story, organizations like CNN couldn't help but downplay what had occurred in this high-threat environment for the conservative justices....

Julio Rosas Jun 09, 2022 2:00 PM

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/juliorosas/2022/06/09/how-the-mainstream-media-is-trying-to-bury-alleged-scotus-assassination-attempt-n2608489

TWEET: Steve Guest XX@XXSteveGuest

No mention of the assassination attempt on Justice Brett Kavanaugh on the front pages of USA Today or the Chicago Tribune. The New York Times and The Los Angeles Times hid the news on the bottom of the page in small font. Shameful.

Los Angeles Times Front Page

New York Times Front Page

6:47 AM · Jun 9, 2022

https://twitter.com/SteveGuest/status/1534894840936386560

TWEET: Nicholas Fondacaro XX@XXNickFondacaro

CNN's Whitney Wild tries to deny that the man arrested trying to assassinate Justice Kavanaugh had a weapon "at all." She also tries to blame right-wing extremists for possibly trying to carry out the hit, claiming "the risk truly comes from both sides of this abortion debate"

8:32 AM · Jun 8, 2022

https://twitter.com/NickFondacaro/status/1534558919896584192

Direct Headline: My Son Was Killed Because I’m a Federal Judge

Protecting judges is essential to our families, and our democracy. Ms. Salas is a United States District Court judge, appointed by President Barack Obama, for the District of New Jersey and sits in Newark.

“Let’s keep talking; I love talking to you, Mom.” Those were the last words spoken to me by my only child, Daniel, as we cleaned up the basement from his birthday festivities. He was still glowing from a glorious weekend at home with his parents and friends....Then the doorbell rang. Daniel raced up the stairs. Seconds later, as I stood alone in our basement, my beloved son was shot to death. Mark Anderl, my husband of 25 years, was shot three times and critically injured.

This tragedy, every mother’s worst nightmare, happened for a reason wholly unrelated to either my husband or my son, but because of my job: I am a United States District Court judge. A lawyer who had appeared before me was angered by the pace of a lawsuit he had filed in my court. He came to my home seeking revenge....My attacker sought to hurt me but his ire, and his focus, were not unique. Federal judges are at risk from other would-be attackers.

For judges and their families, better security is a matter of life and death. But its importance goes beyond our well-being alone. For our nation’s sake, judicial security is essential. Federal judges must be free to make their decisions, no matter how unpopular, without fear of harm. The federal government has a responsibility to protect all federal judges because our safety is foundational to our great democracy.

Since Daniel’s death, I have vowed to do everything I can to make similar tragedies less likely. Last month New Jersey passed what is known as “Daniel’s Law,” which prohibits the distribution of personal information, including home addresses and phone numbers, for judges, prosecutors and law enforcement personnel....

After Daniel’s death, I learned from F.B.I. agents that it’s easy to find personal information about judges on the internet. Judges’ addresses can be purchased online for just a few dollars, including photos of our homes and the license plates on our vehicles. In my case, this deranged gunman was able to create a complete dossier of my life: he stalked my neighborhood, mapped my routes to work and even learned the names of my best friend and the church I attend. All of which was completely legal. This access to such personal information enabled this man to take our only child from my husband, Mark, and me.

Now the United States Senate needs to pass the Daniel Anderl Judicial Security and Privacy Act, which would provide further protections for federal judges. Identical legislation has been introduced in the House....The bipartisan bill would protect judges’ personally identifiable information from resale by data brokers. It would also allow federal judges to redact personal information displayed on federal government internet sites and prevent publication of personal information by other businesses and individuals where there is no legitimate news media interest or matter of public concern....It would also encourage states to protect personal information, improve the ability of the United States Marshals Service to identify threats and authorize upgrades to judges’ home security systems.

The ambush that took my son and gravely wounded my husband is not the first such attack. In 2005, United States District Judge Joan Lefkow of Chicago returned home to find her mother and husband killed by an angry litigant. Since 1979, four federal judges have been murdered....The threat to judges is intensifying. Security incidents targeting judges and other personnel who play integral roles in federal court cases rose to 4,449 threats and inappropriate communications in 2019, from 926 such incidents in 2015, according to the U.S. Marshals Service.

On Oct. 31, a federal judge in Houston learned from a former law clerk that his home address had been posted on Twitter. On Nov. 25, an intruder entered a judge’s chambers in Southern California, threatening to kill the judge and striking and damaging his desk with a metal cane which was later found to hold a metal blade. The assailant fled after the judge, who was physically unharmed, called 911....In my case, Roy Den Hollander, a New York lawyer who had filed a suit against the male-only military draft, harbored deadly grudges. On July 11, 2020, he killed a lawyer in California. Eight days later, he came to our door and killed Daniel. Too late, I learned that he had often described himself as “anti-feminist.” In a self-published memoir, he described me as “a lazy and incompetent Latina judge appointed by Obama.”

A determined killer will always be difficult to stop, but we make it far too easy to locate judges. Removing our personally identifiable information from the internet is a critical first defense....It is also essential to make judges’ homes safer. In 2005, after the attack on Judge Lefkow’s family, Congress funded security systems for judges’ homes. These measures are badly in need of an update to include external video and other safety features common in commercially available home security systems.

In my house, the only way to see who has come to the front door is to peek through a bay window. In mid-July, after four months of Covid-19 restrictions, home deliveries occurred almost daily. Daniel’s killer took advantage of this familiar routine, coming to our door posing as a Fed-Ex delivery courier....Investigators told me they believe Daniel thwarted a planned attack on me by stepping toward the gunman. My husband slowed the attack further by staying on his feet even after he was hit by three gunshots at close range. By the time I reached the main floor, the attacker had fled.

If Daniel’s death shows our country anything, it is that threats against federal judges are real, that they have dire consequences. Even at the age of 20, my son cared deeply about other people, and he bravely, and selflessly, protected those he loved most. We, too, must be brave and do what is right to ensure that judges can perform their duties without fear that they or their families will be gunned down where they are most vulnerable.

Daniel’s death is speaking to us, but will we listen? For the sake of my brothers and sisters on the bench, Congress must act now. Every day that goes by without action leaves our federal judges, our justice system and our very democracy in danger.

By Esther Salas Dec. 8, 2020

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/08/opinion/esther-salas-murder-federal-judges.html

VIDEO: Judges fear retribution for doing their jobs amid abortion protests May 11, 2022

U.S. District Judge for New Jersey Esther Salas, whose son was killed at home, weighs in on pro-choice activists targeting justices' homes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm53SkmC2VI

Direct Headline: A Latina trailblazer: Esther Salas, federal judge whose son was killed, described as 'mentor'

As New Jersey's first Hispanic U.S. District judge, Esther Salas has long been seen as an accomplished and admired Latina legal trailblazer...Salas is the first Hispanic to serve as a federal district court judge in New Jersey; then-President Barack Obama nominated her in 2010. Prior to that, she was New Jersey’s first Latina federal magistrate judge and worked as a public defender and in private practice.

“As a first-generation lawyer, she has had an incredible path to the federal bench,” Lopez said of Salas. “People are very sad, because she is known as someone who always gives back. She is a ‘pay it forward’ kind of person, and we are all praying for her, pulling for her, and sending our love her way.”...Between 2001-02, Salas served as president of the Hispanic Bar Association of New Jersey (HBA-NJ).

...As a district judge, Salas is in an elite group. A 2018 report by the Hispanic National Bar Association found that only 2 percent of federal and state judicial positions are held by Latinas...."In her various roles including federal judge, public servant, and bar leader, she has been and continues to be a courageous community leader and trailblazer, and also serves as a role model and mentor for countless young attorneys.” She noted that Salas is the recipient of the association’s Latina Judge of the Year award in 2016....

By Raul A. Reyes July 20, 2020, 9:58 AM PDT

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/latina-trailblazer-esther-salas-federal-judge-whose-son-was-killed-n1234361

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/EstherSalas-PublicQuestionnaireUpdate.pdf

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/EsterSalas-QFRs.pdf

Direct Headline:  Report: Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor Targeted By Gunman Who Killed Federal Judge’s Son

U.S. District Court Judge Esther Salas said the shooter who killed her son and wounded her husband in a 2020 attack meant for her was also targeting Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor, according to a “60 Minutes”  report set to air Sunday...."They found another gun, a Glock, more ammunition,” Salas said, “but the most troubling thing they found was a manila folder with a workup on Justice Sonia Sotomayor."...

Robert Hart Feb 19, 2021,01:39pm EST

https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberthart/2021/02/19/report-supreme-court-justice-sotomayor-targeted-by-gunman-who-killed-federal-judges-son/?sh=2eb477925c11

Direct HeadlineFederal judge says ‘nothing is being done to protect us’

“But I also say to them that federal judges everywhere — federal judges, the lower federal courts stand on the front line of democracy. And we’ve been literally taking the fire for months now, years, in fact. And nothing is being done to protect us... We no longer have our son. And why? Because I was doing my job,” ...

“We do our jobs, we take an oath because we care about this country, because we care about democracy. And to do our jobs and to only be doing our jobs and to be fear of retribution, retaliation or death is not part of the deal, should never be part of the deal...Democracy demands this. Our Constitution demands this...This should not be a partisan issue. This is an American issue. And we need to understand that public debate has a place, and that’s in the public forum. It does not have a place in front of justices of judges’ houses.”...

by Chloe Folmar - 05/10/22 1:28 PM ET

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/3483108-federal-judge-says-nothing-is-being-done-to-protect-us/

There are those who believe the current protests outside the personal residences of current SCOTUS is perfectly acceptable.

What happens to our Republic, when our judges believe to deviate from any particular brand of narrow "mandated right think" for the clear benefit of a specific partisan political agenda, will mean a death sentence for themselves and their families?

I'll leave this here for others to discuss.

**TITLE EDIT**

Changed title from:

Obama Appointed Esther Salas: "My Son Was Killed Because I’m a Federal Judge" (5/12/22 6:22 PST)

To:

Armed man who sought to kill Brett Kavanaugh arrested near Supreme Court justice's home (5/12/22 6:22 PST)

EDIT: 6/8/22 8:20 PST

To:

How The Activist MSM Is Burying Alleged SCOTUS Kavanaugh Assassination Attempt (5/12/22 6:22 PST)

EDIT: 6/10/22 00:43 PST

Last edited by a moderator:
Direct Headline: A former judge was killed in his Wisconsin home in a targeted attack, officials say

A former Wisconsin judge was killed Friday in what authorities are calling a targeted attack by a suspect who also had other government officials as targets...The suspect had other targets in mind – including Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, the source told CNN. Another source corroborated the officials’ names to CNN.....Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s office said on Saturday her name also appeared on the gunman’s list of targets....“This as I mentioned before does appear to be a targeted act and the individual who is a suspect appears to have had other targets as well. It appears to be related to the judicial system....”

By Whitney Wild, CNN 10:39 PM EDT, Sat June 4, 2022

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/04/us/wisconsin-judge-killed-targeted-attack/index.html

Direct Headline: Obama encourages people to take part on abortion rights protests

Former President Obama is encouraging people to participate in nationwide abortion rights protests on Saturday, saying he was “proud” that Americans were standing up for abortion righs.....“Across the country, Americans are standing up for abortion rights—and I’m proud of everyone making their voices heard. Join a march near you,” Obama tweeted....

The development comes as Republicans and some Democrats slammed protests taking place outside the homes of justices earlier this week....

by Caroline Vakil - 05/14/22 11:58 AM ET

https://thehill.com/news/administration/3488453-obama-encourages-people-to-take-part-on-abortion-rights-protests/

Direct Headline: You Can’t Occupy This: The government says the anti-protest bill was just a small tweak of the existing law. Don’t believe it.

In post-Occupy America, it’s often hard to know whether new citizen protest laws signal the end of free speech or a mere tweak of the machine. That looks to be the case with the new anti-protest bill that passed the House of Representatives overwhelmingly two weeks ago and was signed into law by the president soon thereafter....H.R. 347, benignly titled the Federal Restricted Buildings and Grounds Improvement Act, passed the House 399-3. Such a lopsided vote suggests that nobody in Congress is bothered by this, on either side of the aisle. When President Obama signed it on March 8,  almost nobody seems to have cared.....

Simply put, the way the bill will “improve” public grounds is by moving all those unsightly protesters elsewhere. The law purports to update an old law, Section 1752 of Title 18 of the United States Code, that restricted areas around the president, vice president, or any others under the protection of the Secret Service. The original law was enacted in 1971 and amended in 2006. At first blush, the big change here is that while the old law made it a federal offense to “willfully and knowingly” enter a restricted space, now prosecutors need only show that you did it “knowingly”—that you knew the area was restricted, even if you didn’t know it was illegal to enter the space. This has been characterized in some quarters as a small technical change that hardly warrants an arched eyebrow, much less a protest....

....For one thing, the law makes it easier for the government to criminalize protest. Period. It is a federal offense, punishable by  up to 10 years in prison to protest anywhere the Secret Service might be guarding someone. For another, it’s almost impossible to predict what constitutes “disorderly or disruptive conduct” or what sorts of conduct authorities deem to “impede or disrupt the orderly conduct of Government business or official functions....”

....And that brings us to the real problem with the change to the old protest law.  Instead of turning on a designated place, the protest ban turns on what persons and spaces are deemed to warrant Secret Service protection. It’s a perfect circle: The people who believe they are important enough to warrant protest can now shield themselves from protestors.  No wonder the Occupy supporters are worried.  In the spirit of “free speech zones,” this law creates another space in which protesters are free to be nowhere near the people they are protesting....

.....Here’s one way the new legislation becomes doubly problematic: The exclusion zones imposed by Section 1752 have no natural or intuitive spatial boundaries. They can be as large as law enforcement claims is necessary to ensure the security of whoever the Secret Service is protecting. The “free speech zone” is a moving target, not a delineated area....

By Dahlia Lithwick and Raymond Vasvari March 19, 2012 6:25 PM

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2012/03/the-anti-protest-bill-signed-by-barack-obama-is-a-quiet-attack-on-free-speech.html

Obama comes out of the shadows to egg on protests outside of SCOTUS Justices homes, even though it's illegal to do so.  Then magically, big surprise, someone unhinged, after being soaked in all the activist complicit MSM rhetoric, goes to assassinate a judge. And even has a kill list with him.

Which brings back HR 347, in which Obama pushed for and signed, which made it a ten year prison sentence for anyone to protest anywhere near him when he was President.

It wasn't enough to arm the Sinaloa Cartel with AK47s so they could amass slaughter all throughout Mexico, without notifying their government about the program at all. It had to be egging on the "protests". Even though Obama wouldn't let anything happening to those Justices today happen to himself while he was President. Not a chance.

Repugnant.

Thank you Obama for creating more pathways to have judges threatened and have their lives be put at risk. But do you see the dangerous slippery slope here? Democrats Tony Evers and Gretchen Whitmer were listed too. That's the idiotic nature of building a political regime around radical identity politics, the sheer hubris in someone like Obama thinking he can surgically regulate incited zealots.

Direct Headline: Man with weapon detained near Brett Kavanaugh’s home

The man allegedly told police he wanted to kill the Supreme Court justice, according to people familiar with the investigation....A California man carrying at least one weapon near Brett M. Kavanaugh’s Maryland home has been taken into custody by police after telling officers he wanted to kill the Supreme Court justice, according to people familiar with the investigation....The man, described as being in his mid-20s, was found to be carrying at least one weapon and burglary tools...Two people familiar with the investigation said the initial evidence indicates that the man was angry about the leaked draft of an opinion by the Supreme Court signaling that the court is preparing to overturn Roe. v. Wade, the 49-year-old decision that guaranteed the constitutional right to have an abortion. He was also angry over a recent spate of mass shootings.....

By Devlin Barrett, Dan Morse and Ellie Silverman  June 8, 2022 at 10:10 a.m. EDT

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2022/06/08/kavanaugh-threat-arrest-justice/

Direct Headline: Armed man who sought to kill Brett Kavanaugh arrested near Supreme Court justice's home

A man armed with a handgun, knife, and pepper spray was arrested early Wednesday morning near the Maryland home of Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, law-enforcement authorities said....The man told police he was there to kill Kavanaugh, who lives in Chevy Chase, a suburb just outside of Washington, D.C. according to authorities....The man is not from Maryland. He arrived near Kavanaugh’s home in a taxi. Authorities said he was stopped near the residence, but not at it....The Supreme Court in a statement said: “At approximately 1:50 a.m. today, a man was arrested near Justice Kavanaugh’s residence. The man was armed and made threats against Justice Kavanaugh....”

Dan Mangan, Kevin Breuninger Wed, Jun 8 202210:40 AM EDT

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/08/armed-man-arrested-outside-brett-kavanaughs-home-after-threatening-supreme-court-justice.html

Barack Obama "encouraged" people to break the law and protest outside of the private residences of SCOTUS Justices.

Jen Psaki, speaking for the Biden Administration, since Biden clearly refuses to deal with the media at all unless it's brief canned bizarre statements outside of functional day to day reality for the working class, say the administration encourages protests outside the private residences of SCOTUS Justices. Again, against the law.

Of course what happened this morning was the natural end result. Inciting fringe psychopaths to threaten or kill a SCOTUS Justice with the "wrong viewpoint".  Or leverage them with the implied threat to retire. Or create so much stress and fear within their immediate families that it pressures them to relent and decide on a case one way versus another.

You have a former President, with endless number of carry overs from his administration into the Biden Administration, and the recently departed White House Press Secretary, advocate for what amounts of open criminal behavior. Because, clearly, it's (D)ifferent.

“When they go low, we go high.”  - Michelle Obama

GordonGekko changed the title to (Arrested Near Private Residence) Armed Man Sought To Kill Conservative SCOTUS Brett Kavanaugh (5/12/22 6:22 PST)

Changing a tread title to discussion of something not mentioned in the original OP and with their being another thread already devoted to this. ☹️

But you stated those who were ok with it...nobody was ok with this.
Those who were ok with the protests in front of the Justice's houses - which included the President of the United States.  Look - this whole things was disgusting and everyone who was wrong about it needs to explain:

1. Why you thought the protesting at Judge's houses was ok.

2. Why you thought the existing law on the books, which is crystal clear on this, should be ignored.

3. How on earth you were dumb enough to not foresee something like this happening.

I feel bad for Biden's Press Secretary today.  I wouldn't be surprised if she comes down with an illness before her press briefing this afternoon.

Those who were ok with the protests in front of the Justice's houses - which included the President of the United States.  Look - this whole things was disgusting and everyone who was wrong about it needs to explain:

1. Why you thought the protesting at Judge's houses was ok.

2. Why you thought the existing law on the books, which is crystal clear on this, should be ignored.

3. How on earth you were dumb enough to not foresee something like this happening.

I feel bad for Biden's Press Secretary today.  I wouldn't be surprised if she comes down with an illness before her press briefing this afternoon.
Ok with protesting is not even close to saying someone is ok with this.  That is my point.

And yes...it was wrong for Biden and Psaki to encourage any such protesting outside of the Justices homes.

If you had a hand in lighting the fuse, then you can’t be appalled when the bomb goes off.  
I look forward to you condemning Trump and other Republicans about 1/6 so you can remain consistent with this.

One POTUS, while still dumb and wrong to encourage protest, stated they were encouraging people to remain peaceful.  Somehow that was lighting a fuse?

Ok with protesting is not even close to saying someone is ok with this.  That is my point.

And yes...it was wrong for Biden and Psaki to encourage any such protesting outside of the Justices homes.
I respectfully disagree.  We live in the most polarized period since the Civil War, and abortion is one of the most emotionally charged issues of all-time.  We just had a judge killed and another one who's son was killed.  We also recently had a lunatic Lefty shoot up a Republican baseball practice.  In a country of 334 million, there was bound to be at least one person passionate enough to take matters into their own hands.  It was as predictable as the sun setting.

I respectfully disagree.  We live in the most polarized period since the Civil War, and abortion is one of the most emotionally charged issues of all-time.  We just had a judge killed and another one who's son was killed.  We also recently had a lunatic Lefty shoot up a Republican baseball practice.  In a country of 334 million, there was bound to be at least one person passionate enough to take matters into their own hands.  It was as predictable as the sun setting.
True in all that, probably going to have happened with or without people protesting.

indeed.  If only it weren't so easy for lunatics to obtain guns.

I look forward to you condemning Trump and other Republicans about 1/6 so you can remain consistent with this.

One POTUS, while still dumb and wrong to encourage protest, stated they were encouraging people to remain peaceful.  Somehow that was lighting a fuse?
It was all coded dog whistle commands for their shock troops to intimidate the Justices. Kamala would probably help with bail like the Summer of Love. 

Changing a tread title to discussion of something not mentioned in the original OP and with their being another thread already devoted to this. ☹️

Direct Headline: How the Mainstream Media Is Trying to Bury the Alleged SCOTUS Assassination Attempt

While the mainstream media covered the initial breaking news Wednesday morning, by Thursday it seemed to be very low priority as it almost all but disappeared on the front pages of national newspapers.....Even when the mainstream media reported the very disturbing story, organizations like CNN couldn't help but downplay what had occurred in this high-threat environment for the conservative justices....

Julio Rosas Jun 09, 2022 2:00 PM

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/juliorosas/2022/06/09/how-the-mainstream-media-is-trying-to-bury-alleged-scotus-assassination-attempt-n2608489

TWEET: Steve Guest XX@XXSteveGuest

No mention of the assassination attempt on Justice Brett Kavanaugh on the front pages of USA Today or the Chicago Tribune. The New York Times and The Los Angeles Times hid the news on the bottom of the page in small font. Shameful.

LA Times Front Page

NY Times Front Page

6:47 AM · Jun 9, 2022

https://twitter.com/SteveGuest/status/1534894840936386560

TWEET: Nicholas Fondacaro XX@XXNickFondacaro

CNN's Whitney Wild tries to deny that the man arrested trying to assassinate Justice Kavanaugh had a weapon "at all." She also tries to blame right-wing extremists for possibly trying to carry out the hit, claiming "the risk truly comes from both sides of this abortion debate"

8:32 AM · Jun 8, 2022

https://twitter.com/NickFondacaro/status/1534558919896584192

Trying to bury this in the activist complicit hard left leaning MSM won't change the reality on the ground.

Certain news/media outlets and publications are simply propaganda arms for the current Democratic Party.

The basic problem remains the same, the GOP will take the Mid Terms. When that happens, there is going to be hard push back in the other direction. People work under the assumption that the "cancel culture" can only work in one direction. That's not true. Not true at all.

If you have a problem with my posts, hit the Report Button. See how that works out for you.

VIDEO: 'The Five' co-hosts react to arrest of potential Kavanaugh assassin and the left's hypocrisy Jun 8, 2022

The panel on 'The Five' discusses the fallout from the arrest of an armed assailant near Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh's home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpMJoGG0HpM

Merrick Garland says he will NOT TOLERATE threats of violence at SCOTUS. But he didn't lift a single finger via Article 18 USC 1507. Garland literally refused to enforce the actual law on the books. And he's outraged?

Kavanaugh's home address is still being allowed to be published online. Think about that.

Jesse Watters makes a good point. When Chuck Schumer says, "You Will Pay The Price!" , how does that apply to someone with a lifetime appointment that can only be unseated through death or retirement?

The other issues no one wants to talk about are Kavanaugh's neighbors. Those people have zero to do with any of this. Some psychopath, incited by Team Blue's insistence to escalating this over and over again, decides to open up in that neighborhood with an assault rifle, who gets hit? Who has to die for this?  Do people need to die or their children need to die for the crime of living near Brett Kavanaugh because the radical left can't control itself?

I look forward to you condemning Trump and other Republicans about 1/6 so you can remain consistent with this. One POTUS, while still dumb and wrong to encourage protest, stated they were encouraging people to remain peaceful.  Somehow that was lighting a fuse?

VIDEO: The Most Important Story of Yesterday Was 38th On the NYT Home Page Jun 9, 2022 Ben Shapiro

In the middle of the night on Wednesday, police arrested an armed California man near Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh’s home after the man allegedly told officers he wanted to kill the justice. The legacy media all but ignored the story. Shapiro weighs in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON5Imr1lpDA

Your "Whataboutism" is not going to fly here.

Ben Shapiro brings up some good points besides the hypocrisy of the activist legacy MSM response -

1) For those who oppose widespread used of armed and trained guards at every American public school, it was the visible presence of US Marshals that might have deterred the potential assassin.

2) You can't be the Party that keeps pushing for more gun control and gun laws if you are also the same Party that keeps prodding and inciting the fringe into potential violence.

3) You create a new narrative for Donald Trump to wedge back in POTUS 2024 contention. How pathetic does the Biden Administration have to be to unintentionally create this kind of dynamic?

You can't be the Party in current power that enabled the looting and rioting in all of 2020 and just pretend that the words of "be peaceful" should actually mean anything.

Tucker Carlson complaining about how Joe Rogan was treated?  Yeah...real ground breaking stuff (Im sure they covered other things...that just stood out from the media criticism thread).
No idea what he talked about, was watching the south bend cubs.  

It is not being actively buried. Please. There are other things in the news right now, like the House Committee hearings on Jan 6, which Fox News refused to air:

https://www.npr.org/2022/06/10/1104116455/fox-news-jan-6-hearing

Only one major cable news channel did not carry the Jan. 6 hearing live: Fox News

VIDEO:  Watters: The media is just 'stone cold evil' on Kavanaugh attempted assassination Jun 9, 2022

Greg Gutfeld, Jesse Watters and the panel on 'The Five' discuss how USA Today, NY Times and TV media cannot 'counterprogram against' Jan 6 'show trial'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OUB6R3MFjg

Direct Headline: Fox News Tops May Cable News Ratings As ‘The Five’ Ranks No. 1 In Total Viewers

Fox News’ audience continued to grow in May while its main cable news rivals saw viewership declines....The network drew 2.27 million total viewers in primetime, up 4% from May, 2021. MSNBC averaged 1.02 million, down 32%, while CNN averaged 660,000, down 28%. In the 25-54 demographic, Fox News topped with an average of 351,000 viewers, compared to 150,000 for CNN and 105,000 for MSNBC...

....In total day, Fox News averaged 1.46 million, up 23%. MSNBC posted 634,000, down 24%, and CNN averaged 500,000, down 19%. Fox News was the top rated cable network overall in total day viewers. In the 25-54 demo, Fox News topped with an average of 229,000, followed by 106,000 for CNN and 70,000 for MSNBC....

...The Five was the top show in total viewers among cable news networks, averaging 3.28 million viewers, followed by Tucker Carlson Tonight with 3.2 million, Hannity with 2.7 million, Jesse Watters Primetime with 2.6 million and Special Report with Bret Baier with 2.48 million....

By Ted Johnson June 1, 2022 3:04pm

https://deadline.com/2022/06/fox-news-ratings-may-1235036975/

The heavy criticism of Fox News not covering J6 is because CNN and MSNBC are hemorrhaging viewers on a massive scale, particularly in key demographic ranges.

Team Blue wants Fox News to air the J6 hearings because it would mean more Americans would see it. Because they can't draw in viewers themselves with their "state media" propaganda arms like CNN and MSNBC, since so much of their audience is weary and tired of their heavily partisan antics that no longer appear to deal with basic working class reality. Trump is out of office and that just only carries so much mileage anymore, since he's not on Big Social Media all the time saying inciting things over and over again. J6 was over a year and a half ago. In political timelines, that's forever. In media timelines, that's beyond forever.

So squistion, while you tried cheap pedantic logical fallacy bombing here, what you actually did was create an opening for this part of the discussion. That the J6 hearings have little to no value from Team Blue if no one is watching. And despite massive coverage, lots of Americans are just tired of it.

And why?

If you keep calling someone a criminal and that they should be put in prison and that they are destroying democracy, and you keep throwing out bait like you've finally got the last piece of the puzzle, and nothing happens, then people are tired of the lap dance and tease and tune you out. If you keep shouting threat and then you are the Party in power, and you can't put down that threat over time, then it lends only to your incompetence. Steele Dossier, Mueller, Schiff, endless coverage over and over again for years. Nothing.

Bruce Cutler was the attorney for John Gotti and he told him the truth - The government is spending endless stacks of money to hunt you down and put you in prison. The taxpayers and voters want a return on the investment. They have no choice but to deliver. If they don't deliver, it takes away all their power.

Media suppression on Kavanaugh is to try to corral viewers back to the J6 hearings. But still no one is watching.

Media Optics 101 - You can only tell the masses something different than what they are seeing day to day with their own two eyes for only so long.

squistion, you've literally just posted material that supports the Conservative viewpoint. That's just hilarious. Every Conservative and Republican here should be laughing out loud right now. Laughing with you? Well, you think about that for a second.

I'm laughing right now. Game the Report Button if you want. Dig through the rules here and see if it's some kind of violation to just outright laugh at your ridiculous cheap schlock trolling attempts just to see if you can silence people for the crime of being a Conservative.

Tucker Carlson complaining about how Joe Rogan was treated?  Yeah...real ground breaking stuff (Im sure they covered other things...that just stood out from the media criticism thread).
So no other site never strayed?  Somehow I find that very hard to believe. 

No doubt Tucker has changed a lot.  I have a feeling no one loves Tucker more than Tucker.   

I swear we have more libs in here that watch Fox News 100% more than any conservative.  :lol:
That is definitely the case at other sites I post on.  The Fox shows I watch - either The Five or Jesse, and thet just depends what time I go to the nursing home.

That is definitely the case at other sites I post on.  The Fox shows I watch - either The Five or Jesse, and thet just depends what time I go to the nursing home.
It's an odd phenomenon.  It feels like both sides are hate watching the others' news stations.   So many comments in here form the left about Fox, and also a ton from the right about CNN and what's on that channel - then the people those channels are supposed to be targeting claim they don't watch them.    Though I do wonder is how much is them actually watching it a bunch, or it's easy click bait for SM sites and those type of things are popular on there -ie "look what dumb #### Fox just said" popping up on left leaning SM feed.  :shrug:

It's an odd phenomenon.  It feels like both sides are hate watching the others' news stations.   So many comments in here form the left about Fox, and also a ton from the right about CNN and what's on that channel - then the people those channels are supposed to be targeting claim they don't watch them.    Though I do wonder is how much is them actually watching it a bunch, or it's easy click bait for SM sites and those type of things are popular on there -ie "look what dumb #### Fox just said" popping up on left leaning SM feed.  :shrug:
I’m sure there is a lot of click bait, let SM be the eyes.

There's a ton of that.  I only ever see Fox News in little clip form on social media.  The clips inevitably involve somebody saying something dumb, and obviously they're passed around for that purpose.  I don't watch Fox, so I can't tell how representative those clips are.

When I cite media sources for the purposes of talking about the media, I try to point to sources that I personally consume on a regular basis.  That means the Washington Post, the New York Times, and CNN.com.  I feel like I know "what's normal" at those places.  I don't read the Boston Globe, WSJ, LA Times, or whatever, but I figure they're more or less the same.  Fox News and MSNBC just aren't part of my orbit, and I don't really know what's going on over there.

So no other site never strayed?  Somehow I find that very hard to believe. 

No doubt Tucker has changed a lot.  I have a feeling no one loves Tucker more than Tucker.   
Strayed...maybe...dedicated the whole time to not covering it?  To have its non-news talking heads pontificate about things like Joe Rogan...not, seems only one did that.

ugh, what are you hoping for here?  OH YOU ARE SO RIGHT WE HAVE BEEN WRONG ALL THIS TIME... Happy now?

Since I'm a Jew that doesn't control the media I had no say in what happened w this story.  Is it important?, it sure is.  Is it equivalent to January 6 where people were looking to Hang Pence, Hurt Pelosi and AOC? Kinda... The main difference it was one person who was STOPPED from doing any harm vs a bunch of others who did actually do harm, but It only matters, I guess, if it affects your team... 

No one on the left condones violence of elected officials. Even the hyperbole if what Chuck S said vs what he meant is really being twisted to make this more than it is, but unlike the right, Schumer walked back his comments (still waiting for someone on the right to do so in regards to 1/6 etc).

Lets not get into a silly rhetorical war here.  I want SCOTUS to be protected the same way I want kids to be protected in schools and teachers, etc.  Maybe Arming the supreme court is the answer here according to the NRA.

sho nuff said:
Strayed...maybe...dedicated the whole time to not covering it?  To have its non-news talking heads pontificate about things like Joe Rogan...not, seems only one did that.
I just looked at some of his show the other night, the entire show was about the hearing.  He was ranting with guests, so Rogan was probably on it.  

Gatorman said:
Maybe Arming the supreme court is the answer here according to the NRA.
Also, if there is one thing I've learned from watching movies and television, it's that all judges and prosecutors are already armed.  They have a revolver in a desk drawer in their wood-paneled home office, the same office with a sidebar featuring a decanter or two of high-end scotch and/or bourbon and/or rye and/or sour mash.  I may not have the highest opinion of the legal profession, but at least those guys don't mess around with vodka or gin or rum or stuff like that.  That's probably just the defense attorneys amirite. 

squistion said:
It is not being actively buried. Please. There are other things in the news right now, like the House Committee hearings on Jan 6, which Fox News refused to air:

https://www.npr.org/2022/06/10/1104116455/fox-news-jan-6-hearing

Only one major cable news channel did not carry the Jan. 6 hearing live: Fox News

Direct Headline: Resistance Porn Ratings Fail: Jan. 6 Committee Hearing Crushed by ‘Young Sheldon’ Rerun

Just 3.24 million people watched the network's "Capitol Assault Hearings" coverage Thursday night, according to the TV Ratings Guide. Exactly one week prior, 3.86 million people tuned into CBS to watch a Young Sheldon rerun, meaning an old episode of the coming-of-age sitcom garnered roughly 600,000 more viewers than the inaugural hearing....The revelation suggests that Democrats will struggle to use the hearings to attract voters ahead of the November midterm elections, particularly as Americans experience record-high inflation and gas prices. Just hours after the hearing's conclusion, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that inflation rose 8.6 percent in May, the fastest rate in more than four decades....

....Republicans pointed to that announcement Friday morning to argue that Democrats are not prioritizing issues that are important to voters. Google trend data show midterm voters have "very low interest" in the January 6 riots compared to issues including jobs, taxes, and inflation, according to Axios.....

.....CBS, NBC, and ABC, which switched their regular prime-time programming to air the House Select Committee on Jan. 6's first public hearing Thursday evening, saw a huge ratings decline, according to Nielsen figures....ABC, whose fall schedule normally includes Grey's Anatomy at 8 p.m., took in the largest haul of viewers with 4.8 million, while NBC and CBS carried 3.5 million and 3.3 million, respectively....

Collin Anderson  June 10, 2022 3:38 pm

https://freebeacon.com/democrats/resistance-porn-ratings-fail-jan-6-committee-hearing-crushed-by-young-sheldon-rerun/

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/networks-television-jan-6-committee/2022/06/10/id/1073943/

Lots of people are tired of J6. Some might still be enraged but have looming issues with inflation and rising costs in front of them.

Your "Whataboutism" is going nowhere. Obviously these J6 hearings were meant, in part, to distract from the failures of this current Biden Administration, and even now to push away from the Kavanaugh assassination attempt, but it appears most Americans are just tuning Team Blue out.

Direct Headline: Pro-life group says Kavanaugh's alleged would-be assassin 'acted' on Schumer's words

A pro-life group says that the armed man who allegedly plotted to kill Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh "apparently acted on the incendiary words of Sen. Chuck Schumer."....The group Created Equal, said that Nicholas Roske, 26, who was charged with attempted murder, apparently acted on Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer's words when he said "Brett Kavanaugh will pay the price" in March 2020....

..."Today, an abortion advocate apparently acted on the incendiary words of Sen. Chuck Schumer that Justice Brett Kavanaugh ‘will pay the price.’  The inflammatory rhetoric of the left is leading to violence. It’s time for the Biden administration to publicly call for abortion advocates to turn down the temperature," the Created Equal statement reads...Roske told authorities he was "upset about the leak of a recent Supreme Court draft decision regarding the right to an abortion....

By Adam Sabes June 8, 2022 5:09pm EDT

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pro-life-group-says-kavanaugh-alleged-assassin-schumer

Direct Headline: Sunday Shows IGNORE Kavanaugh Threat, Spend Over An Hour on Jan 6

An analysis by NewsBusters found that ABC’s This Week, CBS’s Face the Nation, NBC’s Meet the Press, and CNN’s State of the Union spent one hour, thirty-three minutes, and seven seconds combined on the January 6 hearings and interviews...

...By contrast, Fox News Sunday covered the assassination attempt but also grilled Delaware Democrat Senator Chris Coons on the topic. ...Anchor Bret Baier asked Coons:  "....You cosponsor this bill last month to beef up security for Supreme Court justices and their family, but the house has not moved on that bill for 30 days. You heard House Speaker Nancy Pelosi in Lucas' piece reference there's no problem here, there's protection for the justices, nobody is going to get harmed over the weekend. But what about that and what is the hold-up?"

....Baier correctly noted how “there is already a federal statute on the books that makes it illegal to protest in front of a judge's home. It is Title 18, Section 1507” and that these [pro abortion] groups published the conservative justices' addresses online.....” ....Predictably Coons tried to tie the subject back to the January 6 hearings: “I do think we need to take stronger action to make sure that our federal judiciary is safe because that's part of making sure our democracy is safe, which really is the core issue of the January 6 hearings....” 

Bringing up the left’s glaring hypocrisy on incitement of violence, Baier brought up Senate Democrat leader Chuck Schumer’s threats in front of the Supreme Court during a pro-abortion rally.....CHUCK SCHUMER: I want to tell you, Gorsuch, I want to tell you, Kavanaugh, you have released the whirlwind and you will pay the price! You won't know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions. 

BAIER: On the steps of the Supreme Court, did those words qualify, Senator? ...Coons didn’t directly answer the question....

Kevin Tober June 12th, 2022 4:05 PM

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/kevin-tober/2022/06/12/sunday-shows-ignore-kavanaugh-threat-spend-over-hour-jan-6

TWEET: Kevin Tober XX@XXKevinTober94

I just tallied the amount of coverage of the Jan 6 committee hearings vs the Kavanaugh assassination attempt on the Sunday shows:

ABC: J6: 19:11 Kavanaugh: 0:00

CBS: J6: 19:31 Kavanaugh: 0:00

NBC: J6: 36:25 Kavanaugh: 0:00

CNN: J6: 18:10 Kavanaugh: 0:00

12:20 PM · Jun 12, 2022

https://twitter.com/KevinTober94/status/1536066033605300226

Speaking of "I'm sure they covered other things", there was ZERO coverage of the Kavanaugh assassination attempt yesterday in the activist complicit hard left leaning MSM. But 1:33:07 total spent in time on J6.

This is not hard to unpack here. You can't effectively criticize Trump for inciting violence on J6 while deflecting in the open why Chuck Schumer did the same thing against SCOTUS Kavanaugh and Gorsuch. And you can't deflect why Merrick Garland is refusing to act on protesters in front of SCOTUS Justice's personal residences, which is against the law. And you can't deflect on why Nancy Pelosi is holding back on a bill that would increase the security profile around SCOTUS.

Anytime anyone on the left side of the aisle for Team Blue has to go on air to cover Kavanaugh, they are all force-feeding the same talking point - Which is do anything possible to bring the topic back to J6 WITHOUT bringing up any of the controversies listed above that will cost the Democratic Party votes in the Mid Terms.

"Covering Other Things" doesn't cut it here.

ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC and CNN are nothing more than state media as a propaganda arm for the DNC. They are "activists" and they are "complicit".

https://www.foxnews.com/media/kavanaugh-neighbors-question-medias-muted-response-threat-life-thought-pretty-minimal

But the threat already has begun to feel forgotten to some of them.

While the Washington Post has continued to cover the story, as it happened in the paper's backyard, the New York Times hasn't written about Roske since June 8, and it buried the initial story on page 20 in the following day's print edition. 

USA Today left it off its front page the following morning as well, as did the Chicago Tribune. The Sunday talk shows on ABC, CBS, NBC and CNN last weekend didn't make a single mention of the incident, and the networks have made scant mention of the threat this week, except in the context of a bill passed in Congress to increase protections for families of Supreme Court justices.

Users who are viewing this thread