What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How to get an unfair trade upheld in a Yahoo! Pro league (1 Viewer)

FishaOfMen

Footballguy
In a Yahoo Pro league, I found a guy who is really concerned about the point projections. I picked up on this after witnessing a few of his trades and free agent claims. Based on this, he accepted my following trade today:

I give: Colin Kaepernick, Dez Bryant, Stevan Ridley & New England D/ST
He gives: Andrew Luck, Calvin Johnson, Alfred Morris & St. Louis D/ST

I'm worried owners will protest it and the Yahoo! Sports staff will veto the trade. Yahoo! has changed their protest screen a little from last year. It now states, "It is not the purpose of the League Office to prevent managers from making unwise trades, but simply to ensure that all managers in a league are competing on a fair and level playing field." There is also a space to provide an explanation that will accompany a protest.

My question is: Do you think I should submit a protest with an explanation of why it should be upheld? Have any of you guys encountered a situation like this?

FishaOfMen said:
Cool. Thanks, guys. I won't submit a protest and will just let this one ride.
You're going to submit a protest of your own trade?

This thread reminds me - is there going to be a thread from a certain someone about drafting with guppies in a yahoo league (not you OP, referring to a classic '12 thread) :)

-QG

FishaOfMen said:
Cool. Thanks, guys. I won't submit a protest and will just let this one ride.
You're going to submit a protest of your own trade?
It would be the only way to communicate my case to the powers that be at Yahoo. There is no other way to defend a trade. I had Yahoo veto a trade of mine last year, and I don't want it to happen again.

Users who are viewing this thread