What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How To Get To Heaven When You Die (1 Viewer)

Paddington

Footballguy
PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS. IT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU COULD EVER DO AND IT ONLY TAKES A FEW MINUTES
ARE YOU 100% SURE THAT IF YOU DIED TODAY THAT YOU WOULD GO TO HEAVEN? (CLICK 'READ MORE')

There are some things that you should know:

1. Realize that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior:

Ro 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

Ro 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"

It all began when the first humans, Adam and Eve were created and God put them in the garden of Eden. God created them perfect to live in fellowship with Him. There was no death or sorrow. God told them not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They disobeyed God and as a result, sin entered into the world. The pain, which this world sees, is the result of sin.

2. Because of our sins, we die both spiritually and physically, but God sent His Son to die so that you can have a chance not to have to go to hell by accepting what He did on the cross:

Ro 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Ro 5:8 "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Every person who has ever lived is a sinner and is not righteous because we do bad things. A sin is a crime against God, just as if you steal something at the store, it is punishable by going to jail. It's the same thing with sin. Lying, stealing, sex before marriage, pride, hatred, ect. are all sins. Hell is a prison for those who commit crimes against God. That’s because you must be perfect in order to get to heaven. No matter how well you live your life from then on, you have already sinned, which will be punished if you are not pardoned. If you commit a crime, and then live as a good citizen you still will go to jail for the crime you committed. Right? Just as the President can pardon a crime so you won't go to jail, Jesus can pardon your sins so that you do not go to hell, and can go to heaven when you die. You won’t have to pay for your own sins because Jesus already did that for you, But if you reject the pardon that He offers, you will have to pay for your own sins by going to hell.  He is the only one qualified because He is the only one ever to live a sinless, perfect life. 

3. If you will confess Jesus Christ as Your Lord, place your Faith in Him and Believe in your heart that He died, shed His blood and rose again as a sacrifice for your sins, you will be saved (from hell).

Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

Heb 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

You cannot get to heaven by being a good person, going to church, baptism or any other way other than by turning to Jesus, believing in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins and placing your Faith in Him. While these are good things to do, some people believe that they will get to heaven, but your Faith must be in Christ and His sacrifice alone and nothing else, giving your life to Him. 

Eph 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ro 10:9,10;13 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved...For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

4.  You must submit your life to Jesus Christ and His will in Faith, believing in your heart that He died and rose again shedding His blood to pay for your sins as a sacrifice to God.  If you want to accept Jesus free gift of salvation, or if you have any doubts about whether or not you are going to heaven, YOU COULD HUMBLY PRAY SOMETHING LIKE THIS TO GOD FROM YOUR HEART IN FAITH:

”Dear Lord Jesus I know that I  am a sinner and need you to save me.  I believe that You are the Lord and believe in my heart that You died on the Cross and Rose from the dead, shedding your blood as a Sacrifice for my sins.  I turn to You as the only way of Salvation, I submit my life to you, I submit my will to yours, I place my Faith and Trust in You alone as Lord of my life, Please save me and I thank You for it, in Jesus holy name, Amen.”

If you have truly placed your faith in Jesus Christ as your Lord, submitting your life to Him, you can know that you are a child of God and on your way to heaven.  Now that you are on your way to heaven, you should attend a bible believing church and follow in baptism

I assume there have been some rules changes, or else he'd just bump one of his many other identical threads.

I kinda respect the dedication to the shtick. They have been a member for seven years just to post about one topic.

@PaddingtonI'm guessing your a real Christian instead of the Sunday morning type.

So to be honest I think I believe in a higher power (God). But man I have seen some pretty awful things in my life that has made me question his existence .

To be honest I have really kind of believed that human kind so vastly fears their mortality that religions have been created in both ancient  and modern times to alleviate fears of death and forever disappearing from existence hence eternal life.

I do wonder however if a person is facing a serious health issue possibly even death. If he suddenly  gets religion does God look down and say sure dude now you believe. Sorry hypocrite you don't get into the club.

Also maybe you can explain this to me and I'm not trying to be a jerk. My example is this  a child molester in his last days truly accepts the lord Jesus as his savior he is admitted to everlasting life in heaven.

Now there is a loving couple who goes to Church faifully their whole lives never hurt a soul and truly believes in God. Only problem is they are homosexual an abomination in the eyes of the lord and they are condemned to hell. Why is that?

The health question is kind of on a personal level. If I walk into Church now is he going to think I'm a hypocrite or is he just going to send a lighting bolt down and scare me away from the front doors of the church?

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides
By the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men
Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will
Shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness
For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children
And I will strike down upon thee
With great vengeance and furious anger
Those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers
And you will know my name is the Lord
When I lay my vengeance upon thee

This is a tasty burger!

He literally posts this on dozens if not 100's of forums.  Doesn't make for good conversation.
Yea I guess that's true. But I don't know a lot of real Christians just a bunch of the Sunday morning types. So my questions were something I was interested in. Especially the one about the gay folks. I mean how could a child molester go to heaven ? But two loving God fearing people who had led extremely good lives not just because they are gay.

Also a little interested in the hypocritical aspect of someone who is really sick suddenly getting religion.

Yea I guess that's true. But I don't know a lot of real Christians just a bunch of the Sunday morning types. So my questions were something I was interested in. Especially the one about the gay folks. I mean how could a child molester go to heaven ? But two loving God fearing people who had led extremely good lives not just because they are gay.

Also a little interested in the hypocritical aspect of someone who is really sick suddenly getting religion.
I'm sure I don't have any answers for you, but I'm curious about your interest in questions like this. What are you looking for in the answers? If they are answered in a certain way, does that change anything for you in regards to who God is and how you might relate to God?

IMO, these are questions that are tough to deal with especially when the discussion is between people who are really far apart from each other on how they view God.

I'm sure I don't have any answers for you, but I'm curious about your interest in questions like this. What are you looking for in the answers? If they are answered in a certain way, does that change anything for you in regards to who God is and how you might relate to God?

IMO, these are questions that are tough to deal with especially when the discussion is between people who are really far apart from each other on how they view God.
Well to be honest at 65 I think it may be because  I'm trying to cover my bases. I mean I would like to believe. I was raised Southern Babtist but stopped going in my teens. The one about gays has always bothered me. Why are they condemned? I don't get it. 

I think the closer you get to mortality the more these questions arise.

Well to be honest at 65 I think it may be because  I'm trying to cover my bases. I mean I would like to believe. I was raised Southern Babtist but stopped going in my teens. The one about gays has always bothered me. Why are they condemned? I don't get it. 

Personally, I have found that focusing on certain specific questions like that has hindered my ability to get to know God. I try to simply focus more on just getting to know God rather than aiming to make sense of all the details. I think I believe that by pursuing God then I will eventually have a better understanding of some of these other details. Maybe I'm wrong on that, but it's currently where I am right now.

Now, yes, one way people are supposed to get to know God is through those who follow God and that and that has mixed results. It can lead to some really bad theology depending who one follows. Recently I've become more and more interested in what the Bible says and trying to learn what it really means. That's hard to do and, again, mostly relies on me learning from other followers of God, but I've found it more beneficial. There are some great resources out there to learn from. 

Having said that, maybe somewhat applicable to your question, is that Paddington quoted Romans 3:23 which says "all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God". That's true. I believe that. But, what comes next is great: "...and are justified by his grace..." So, all have sinned but all are also justified by God's grace. All. Or, as I've heard it said, "there are no 'those people' in the gospel." There's a different feeling that comes with a grace approach rather than a sin approach. I'm trying to shed many years of being taught to focus on sin as the starting point, rather now I want to think more about the beginning and that God saw that it was good as the starting point.

Some conservative churches still hold the line regarding gays.  But ...if gays are condemned, due to a Scriptural interpretation, why not those who divorce as well?  I never understood that.  In my view (as a Presbyterian elder), none of us are in a position to condemn.  See @dgreen's post above.

Made by humans, not surprising for it to be flawed.

Made by humans, not surprising for it to be flawed.
You know that really makes sense. The Bible was written by humans a long time ago. How do they know what God feels. Maybe he just loves us all with no strings. What a concept. I really really would like to believe in that and God. Just wondering if it's in my subconscious that hey your getting on up there better hedge your bets. I don't want to be hypocrite. 

You know that really makes sense. The Bible was written by humans a long time ago. How do they know what God feels. Maybe he just loves us all with no strings. What a concept. I really really would like to believe in that and God. Just wondering if it's in my subconscious that hey your getting on up there better hedge your bets. I don't want to be hypocrite. 
Written by a completely different culture with a different way of communicating than 21st century America. Probably messes with some of the interpretations you’ve heard in our churches. 

Just believe what makes you happy, be the best person you can.  For me, if that isn't good enough for whatever comes next... :shrug:  

I SENT THIS MESSAGE TO ASK AI REGARDING THE RESURRECTION OF JESUS AND THIS IS THE RESPONSE I RECEIVED:

ME:

Write me an essay on how the secular, historical, non Biblical writings regarding Christ and shortly thereafter, affirm the resurrection of Jesus Christ :

ASK AI RESPONSE:

The resurrection of Jesus Christ is a central tenet of the Christian faith, and is regarded as a miraculous event that forms the basis of Christian belief. While the New Testament of the Bible provides a detailed account of the resurrection, there are also secular and historical writings that attest to the event.

One of the most significant secular sources to affirm the resurrection is the Jewish historian Flavius Josephus. Josephus, who was born in the first century AD and lived through the first Jewish-Roman war, wrote extensively about Jewish history and the Roman occupation of Palestine. In his Antiquities of the Jews, Josephus mentions Jesus twice, and in one of these references, he describes how Jesus was crucified under Pontius Pilate, but that his disciples claimed he had appeared to them alive on the third day after his death.

Another secular source that affirms the resurrection is the Roman historian Tacitus. In his Annals, Tacitus describes how Nero blamed the Christians for the Great Fire of Rome in 64 AD, and how they followed a man named Christus who had been executed by Pontius Pilate. Tacitus also states that Christus "suffered the extreme penalty" and that his followers "had their name from him." While this reference does not explicitly mention the resurrection, it provides independent confirmation of the historical existence of Jesus and the events surrounding his death.

The Roman philosopher and statesman Seneca the Younger is another notable historical figure who wrote about the resurrection. In his Epistles, Seneca mentions the Christian belief in the resurrection, and describes it as a belief in the immortality of the soul. While Seneca does not directly affirm the resurrection, his writing provides evidence of the early Christian belief in the resurrection and the impact it had on Roman society.
Other historical sources that affirm the resurrection include the early Christian writer Clement of Rome, who wrote in the late first century AD about the resurrection of Jesus and its significance for Christians. The apostolic fathers, such as Ignatius of Antioch, also wrote about the resurrection and its importance for the Christian faith.

In conclusion, while the New Testament of the Bible provides the most detailed account of the resurrection of Jesus Christ, there are also secular and historical sources that attest to the event. These sources, which include Flavius Josephus, Tacitus, Seneca the Younger, and the early Christian writers, provide independent confirmation of the reality of Jesus' life, death, and resurrection, and testify to the profound impact that this event had on the early Christian community.

Man, thought this was going to be a Tool thread...

If you want to get your soul to Heaven
Trust in me now, don't you judge or question

I SENT THIS MESSAGE TO ASK AI REGARDING THE RESURRECTION OF JESUS AND THIS IS THE RESPONSE I RECEIVED:

ME:

Write me an essay on how the secular, historical, non Biblical writings regarding Christ and shortly thereafter, affirm the resurrection of Jesus Christ :

ASK AI RESPONSE:

The resurrection of Jesus Christ is a central tenet of the Christian faith, and is regarded as a miraculous event that forms the basis of Christian belief. While the New Testament of the Bible provides a detailed account of the resurrection, there are also secular and historical writings that attest to the event.

One of the most significant secular sources to affirm the resurrection is the Jewish historian Flavius Josephus. Josephus, who was born in the first century AD and lived through the first Jewish-Roman war, wrote extensively about Jewish history and the Roman occupation of Palestine. In his Antiquities of the Jews, Josephus mentions Jesus twice, and in one of these references, he describes how Jesus was crucified under Pontius Pilate, but that his disciples claimed he had appeared to them alive on the third day after his death.

Another secular source that affirms the resurrection is the Roman historian Tacitus. In his Annals, Tacitus describes how Nero blamed the Christians for the Great Fire of Rome in 64 AD, and how they followed a man named Christus who had been executed by Pontius Pilate. Tacitus also states that Christus "suffered the extreme penalty" and that his followers "had their name from him." While this reference does not explicitly mention the resurrection, it provides independent confirmation of the historical existence of Jesus and the events surrounding his death.

The Roman philosopher and statesman Seneca the Younger is another notable historical figure who wrote about the resurrection. In his Epistles, Seneca mentions the Christian belief in the resurrection, and describes it as a belief in the immortality of the soul. While Seneca does not directly affirm the resurrection, his writing provides evidence of the early Christian belief in the resurrection and the impact it had on Roman society.
Other historical sources that affirm the resurrection include the early Christian writer Clement of Rome, who wrote in the late first century AD about the resurrection of Jesus and its significance for Christians. The apostolic fathers, such as Ignatius of Antioch, also wrote about the resurrection and its importance for the Christian faith.

In conclusion, while the New Testament of the Bible provides the most detailed account of the resurrection of Jesus Christ, there are also secular and historical sources that attest to the event. These sources, which include Flavius Josephus, Tacitus, Seneca the Younger, and the early Christian writers, provide independent confirmation of the reality of Jesus' life, death, and resurrection, and testify to the profound impact that this event had on the early Christian community.

What’s your takeaway from this? The AI response seems predictable here.

IMHO, All these religions are just great flood/Cataclysm stories with different character names
I’ve glanced through a book that describes the various creation stories from many different cultures …some of them (many? all?) are rather wild. I’ve heard it said that the Bible’s creation story is “an island in the sea of creation.” :shrug:

ME:

ASK AI RESPONSE:

I think that AI makes a good argument for believing in the Resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Is it even possible to read this NOT using Samuel L Jackson's voice?

Is it even possible to read this NOT using Samuel L Jackson's voice?
I have been meaning to buy Sam's t shirt in the diner scene.

ME:

ASK AI RESPONSE:

I think that AI makes a good argument for believing in the Resurrection of Jesus Christ.
I’m betting AI could make a good argument for the existence of Santa Claus if you asked it too. It’s not sentient, it’s a data gatherer and regurgitates the info that supports the case being asked of it.

I SENT THIS MESSAGE TO ASK AI REGARDING THE RESURRECTION OF JESUS AND THIS IS THE RESPONSE I RECEIVED

I’m betting AI could make a good argument for the existence of Santa Claus if you asked it too. It’s not sentient, it’s a data gatherer and regurgitates the info that supports the case being asked of it.
The existence of Santa Claus is a topic that has captivated the hearts and imaginations of countless children and adults alike. While skeptics may dismiss Santa Claus as merely a fictional character, there are several compelling arguments that can be made in support of his existence.

1. The Tradition of Santa Claus: Santa Claus has been a cherished tradition for generations, passed down from parents to children. The widespread belief in Santa Claus across different cultures and countries suggests that there is more to this character than just a fictional story. Such a consistent and enduring tradition hints at a collective experience that transcends mere fabrication.
  2. Witness Testimonies: Numerous eyewitness testimonies have been recorded throughout history, recounting personal encounters with Santa Claus. Children have claimed to have seen Santa Claus delivering presents, heard his reindeer on rooftops, and even caught glimpses of his sleigh in the night sky. While individual accounts can be subjective, the sheer volume of such testimonies from diverse sources adds credibility to the notion of Santa Claus.
  3. Acts of Kindness: Santa Claus is known for his generosity and selflessness, as he delivers gifts to children all over the world. Each year, countless children wake up on Christmas morning to find presents they believe were left by Santa Claus. These acts of kindness and the inexplicable appearance of gifts can be seen as evidence of a benevolent figure working behind the scenes.
  4. Historical Origins: The figure of Santa Claus can be traced back to various historical and mythical figures. For example, the legend of Saint Nicholas, a fourth-century bishop known for his compassion and gift-giving, serves as an inspiration for Santa Claus. Additionally, Santa Claus shares similarities with other folklore characters, such as Odin in Norse mythology and Father Christmas in British folklore. The existence of these historical and mythological precursors lends credibility to the existence of Santa Claus.
  5. Unexplained Phenomena: Many unexplained phenomena occur during the Christmas season, which can be attributed to Santa Claus. For instance, how else can we explain the ability to deliver presents to millions of homes around the world in a single night? The supernatural feats of flying reindeer, fitting down chimneys, and the untraceable evidence of his presence challenge our understanding of what is possible, suggesting the involvement of a figure beyond our normal realm of comprehension.
While the existence of Santa Claus cannot be proven with concrete, scientific evidence, the richness and depth of the Santa Claus tradition, combined with the various supporting arguments, provide a compelling case for his existence. Santa Claus embodies the spirit of generosity, joy, and goodwill, and whether we believe in his physical existence or not, his enduring legacy continues to bring magic and happiness into the lives of people around the world.

I SENT THIS MESSAGE TO ASK AI REGARDING THE RESURRECTION OF JESUS AND THIS IS THE RESPONSE I RECEIVED

The existence of Santa Claus is a topic that has captivated the hearts and imaginations of countless children and adults alike. While skeptics may dismiss Santa Claus as merely a fictional character, there are several compelling arguments that can be made in support of his existence.

1. The Tradition of Santa Claus: Santa Claus has been a cherished tradition for generations, passed down from parents to children. The widespread belief in Santa Claus across different cultures and countries suggests that there is more to this character than just a fictional story. Such a consistent and enduring tradition hints at a collective experience that transcends mere fabrication.
  2. Witness Testimonies: Numerous eyewitness testimonies have been recorded throughout history, recounting personal encounters with Santa Claus. Children have claimed to have seen Santa Claus delivering presents, heard his reindeer on rooftops, and even caught glimpses of his sleigh in the night sky. While individual accounts can be subjective, the sheer volume of such testimonies from diverse sources adds credibility to the notion of Santa Claus.
  3. Acts of Kindness: Santa Claus is known for his generosity and selflessness, as he delivers gifts to children all over the world. Each year, countless children wake up on Christmas morning to find presents they believe were left by Santa Claus. These acts of kindness and the inexplicable appearance of gifts can be seen as evidence of a benevolent figure working behind the scenes.
  4. Historical Origins: The figure of Santa Claus can be traced back to various historical and mythical figures. For example, the legend of Saint Nicholas, a fourth-century bishop known for his compassion and gift-giving, serves as an inspiration for Santa Claus. Additionally, Santa Claus shares similarities with other folklore characters, such as Odin in Norse mythology and Father Christmas in British folklore. The existence of these historical and mythological precursors lends credibility to the existence of Santa Claus.
  5. Unexplained Phenomena: Many unexplained phenomena occur during the Christmas season, which can be attributed to Santa Claus. For instance, how else can we explain the ability to deliver presents to millions of homes around the world in a single night? The supernatural feats of flying reindeer, fitting down chimneys, and the untraceable evidence of his presence challenge our understanding of what is possible, suggesting the involvement of a figure beyond our normal realm of comprehension.
While the existence of Santa Claus cannot be proven with concrete, scientific evidence, the richness and depth of the Santa Claus tradition, combined with the various supporting arguments, provide a compelling case for his existence. Santa Claus embodies the spirit of generosity, joy, and goodwill, and whether we believe in his physical existence or not, his enduring legacy continues to bring magic and happiness into the lives of people around the world.
How can I get to Santa’s Workshop when I die?

Im definitely spiritual and try to believe/live bya moral code and that a higher power is there to guide us and hopefully move forward with us after we are done in this world.

As for religion - not a fan - I grew up Catholic and the exclusion, the pedophilia, the hypocrisy did me in, I have a gay son who is an awesome person - any religion or ancient book that believes he is condemned or looked down upon in any way for who he chooses to love is not something Im interested nor have respect.

Last edited:
He literally posts this on dozens if not 100's of forums. Doesn't make for good conversation.

The bible is very ambiguous about this. In one passage it says 'man will not lie with man', but it another passage Jesus says to Lucifer 'get thee behind me'.

So who knows?

Users who are viewing this thread