What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Huge catch by Moss (1 Viewer)

Don't think there was any doubt about that. I'm impressed he did that against NE. Very encouraging... :thumbup:

I'm not afraid to admit that I thought the bumps that he and Collins were getting going into the season were overreaction. Now....not so sure. If they can play pitch and catch like that all year.... :eek:

What a catch. He really is the best receiver in the NFL.
Agreed. He is impossible to stop. I remember a few years ago when Minn was playing the Giants (MNF I think) he totally abused the Giants secondary. No one could cover him. He was open whenever he wanted to be.

Agreed. He is impossible to stop. I remember a few years ago when Minn was playing the Giants (MNF I think) he totally abused the Giants secondary. No one could cover him. He was open whenever he wanted to be.
Was that the one where the Vikes lost 41-0?oops

What a catch.  He really is the best receiver in the NFL.
Not quite. But I think that was the same year. Was that the playoff game?

Not quite. But I think that was the same year. Was that the playoff game?
Yeah. Damn, that hurt.No, not as bad as the Anderson field goal....I cried there. :cry:

Harrison will stop that TD 7 out of 10 times... and Moss was relativly quite (50 or so yds) after that play so i'd have to say "don't believe the hype" ...mainly about Cpep and Collins... Moss is definately the man

That sucking sound you here is Culpepper's stock plummeting.
I'm as high on Moss as the next guy, but this is unprovoked player hating. Culpepper had a historic 5123 passing/rushing yards and 41 total TDs in a season where Moss was a 767 receiving yards sideshow, injured after week 5.

What does this have to do with Cpep? So if Moss had sucked tonight then you would post something like :that sound you hear is Cpep's stock rising?"Cpep will be fine. Not to knock Moss because he's real good but Minn has so many weapons Cpep will be able to utilize them now that Moss isn't demanding the ball all the time. The reason most people don't realize how potent they are is because of all the attention Moss received.

Did anybody else think that Moss looked a little nonchalant on a few of the balls thrown to him in the endzone?I did like his overall demeanor though...he didn't go crazy after the TD, remained calm during the game, and was hand slapping his linemen even when the game was basically over. Overall, I thought he looked positive and team oriented...

Last edited by a moderator:
I did like his overall demeanor though...
I liked the dive he made for the ball on that dropped pass. It also looked like he was trying to run block on a few plays as well.

What does this have to do with Cpep? So if Moss had sucked tonight then you would post something like :that sound you hear is Cpep's stock rising?"Cpep will be fine. Not to knock Moss because he's real good but Minn has so many weapons Cpep will be able to utilize them now that Moss isn't demanding the ball all the time. The reason most people don't realize how potent they are is because of all the attention Moss received.
I guess we'll see once we have this weekend's draft ADPs and can compare them to where C-Pep has been going.

IN addition to Moss' solid game, Moss had a number of end zone targets, Besides his TD, including the failed 2 pt conversion.Bodes very well for Moss.

The thing I noticed about that catch is that the Raiders still lost. Common theme with Moss.
:goodposting: R. Moss - 5/130/1

Oakland - 0-1-0

Get used to it Raiders fans.

Madden and Michaels made me want to punch the screen when they both talked about how they don't understand "addition by subtraction".

The thing I noticed about that catch is that the Raiders still lost. Common theme with Moss.

Oakland - 0-1-0

Madden and Michaels made me want to punch the screen when they both talked about how they don't understand "addition by subtraction".
When is the last time the Pats lost at home? Get some perspective, people.

Oakland - 0-1-0

Sooooooooooooo................Moss is responsible for Oakland's loss? Is that what your'e saying?

I liked the dive he made for the ball on that dropped pass. It also looked like he was trying to run block on a few plays as well.
why not mention the plays where he didn't block, or the lame effort on the two point conversion?or the head shaking on the sideline?

Spots = unchanged.

Did anybody else think that Moss looked a little nonchalant on a few of the balls thrown to him in the endzone?
As a Moss owner, I was watching him closely and it certainly did look a little that way. They threw him a lot of jump balls and it never really looked like he went up hard for any of them.

why not mention the plays where he didn't block, or the lame effort on the two point conversion?or the head shaking on the sideline?

Spots = unchanged.
I just made some observations of some stuff I noticed. I probably noticed these plays because he's made out to be some guy who doesn't give a ####. That and I think I fell asleep before the 2 point attempt. :bag:

Oakland - 0-1-0

Sooooooooooooo................Moss is responsible for Oakland's loss? Is that what your'e saying?
Nooooooooooooo................But Moss' gaudy stats certainly didn't guarantee an Oakland win, now did they?

Oakland - 0-1-0

This is just sad. Minn had a 64-48 record with Moss on the team, went to the playoffs 4 of 7 years and 2 NFC Champ games. Not to mention Oak was a 5-11 team last year playing the 2 time defending SB Champs and only modern day dynasty in their back yard. Yet still people find a way to try and twist this into a Moss hate fest. So, who were you expecting to win the game fellas. :rolleyes:

He's gone to two conference championship games. And when his team has lost it's much more often been the fault of poor defense than Moss' fault. 130 yards and a TD isn't to blame for a loss.EDIT: :goodposting: jurb26 :thumbup:

He's gone to two conference championship games. And when his team has lost it's much more often been the fault of poor defense than Moss' fault. 130 yards and a TD isn't to blame for a loss.EDIT: :goodposting: jurb26 :thumbup:
They'll be saying things like this about him his whole career. BTW, he looked just great in the 41-0 loss to the Giants.

Yes, Moss seems to end up on teams with horrible defenses. That's his fault. I blame Moss for the lack of pass rush, poor coverage, and all of those penalties, as well as Collins' fumble. Moss is the problem - get rid of him and OAK will win a lot more.

Oakland - 0-1-0

This is just sad. Minn had a 64-48 record with Moss on the team, went to the playoffs 4 of 7 years and 2 NFC Champ games. Not to mention Oak was a 5-11 team last year playing the 2 time defending SB Champs and only modern day dynasty in their back yard. Yet still people find a way to try and twist this into a Moss hate fest. So, who were you expecting to win the game fellas. :rolleyes:
I also expected Moss to do well.

They'll be saying things like this about him his whole career. BTW, he looked just great in the 41-0 loss to the Giants.
Moss carrer numbers in playoff games (8):35/723/9

Thats over 90 yds and over a TD per game.

Without question, if he stays healthy in body and mind for the entire year, he'll be top 3 for sure.

Please post his stats from his Super Bowl game next. If he's so unwordly good he should have been in a few right?

Moss carrer numbers in playoff games (8):

35/723/9

Don't waste your time with facts and logic. Haters will hate, period. They are impervious to the actual numbers and only see through hate colored glasses.Does Moss need to improve in some aspects of his performance? Clearly.

Would I want him on my beloved Dolphins? If he can help Kerry Collins look good on the road against the defending world champs, I would love to see him in aqua and orange.

Would I want him on my fantasy team? That should be obvious.

Please post his stats from his Super Bowl game next. If he's so unwordly good he should have been in a few right?
Because all it takes is one good player to win the Super Bowl right?Let's go ask HOFer Dan Marino...

Are you seriously trying to imply that Moss is not unworldly good?

As a fantasy football player he's dominant. As an NFL player, and as the supposed 'leader' of the team you are hoping will lead your team to glory he's really good at getting his. There's a reason the Vikings wanted this guy out of their locker room and there's a reason only the Raiders wanted him.

As good as that catch was the tackle, or should I say lunge, by Rodney Harrison was :X . It was clear he was just trying to lay Moss out when he should have been wrapping him up. :thumbdown: Without that Moss' night would have seemed pretty pedestrian.

As a fantasy football player he's dominant. As an NFL player, and as the supposed 'leader' of the team you are hoping will lead your team to glory he's really good at getting his. There's a reason the Vikings wanted this guy out of their locker room and there's a reason only the Raiders wanted him.
Point taken.Maybe anyone expecting him to be a leader is just expecting too much. As a player and a FF player he is unworldly good. OK, he has a chip on his shoulder and personally I think the guy is an ###.

An ### can help you win games and it was not Moss fault the Raiders lost last night. He did his job.

As good as that catch was the tackle, or should I say lunge, by Rodney Harrison was :X . It was clear he was just trying to lay Moss out when he should have been wrapping him up. :thumbdown: Without that Moss' night would have seemed pretty pedestrian.
:goodposting:

I think he wanted to welcome Moss to the AFC. :)

As good as that catch was the tackle, or should I say lunge, by Rodney Harrison was  :X .  It was clear he was just trying to lay Moss out when he should have been wrapping him up.  :thumbdown:   Without that Moss' night would have seemed pretty pedestrian.
:goodposting:
:lmao: Now it's Moss's fault he wasn't tackled properly. He showed phenomenal concentration catching that ball, and then accelerated past two defenders to score that touchdown, and you guys want to take the play away from him. :lmao:

Without all of Moss's big plays his career would look pretty pedestrian.But that's what he does, take away what anyone excells at and they suck. Your point is moot.

Also, the last TD was made possible because Moss was on the field. Watch the replay, watch the defenders, they are so worried about Moss they ignore Anderson in the end zone.

This will happen many times this season.

Users who are viewing this thread