What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I am worried about Herschel Walker’s candidacy for the senate; I don’t think he’s up to the job. (2 Viewers)

Reporter asks Herschel about his views on "women's issues" - really an unfair question to ask this guy because its obviously just a set up for him to say something ridiculous.

But it wasn't as bad as you might expect. Acknowledging he loves women, he notes inflation is a big issue for them because they gotta buy groceries.
Herschel Walker '22: Women Be Shopping
women be shopping? I guess your previous post about racism is correct. this post is racist.

Because he is a football hero and he is the right party.
Do you think he is leading because he is a qualified candidate?
I don’t understand since Georgia just voted Democrat’s in. So what changed?
I believe he is leading because the people of Georgia don’t agree with direction of the country and inflation. He is not a great candidate.
Has he articulated how he will fix the inflation problem? Has he articulated anything?
have you? how would you fix the problem?

I believe he is leading because the people of Georgia don’t agree with direction of the country and inflation. He is not a great candidate.
I believe he is leading because people know who he is and liked him as a football player and likely have zero clue what his real stances on any issues are.
And of course he is not qualified or a great candidate...which is the point of this thread.
so his voters are as unqualified as he is.

elitist

Has he articulated how he will fix the inflation problem? Has he articulated anything?
have you? how would you fix the problem?
I ain't running for Congress bud

I believe he is leading because people know who he is and liked him as a football player and likely have zero clue what his real stances on any issues are.
And of course he is not qualified or a great candidate...which is the point of this thread.

elitist

Do you believe Hershal Walker is a quality candidate for our Senate? If so, why?

Rather than take pot shots at posters...how about answer that?

I remember contemplating that hypothetical during the Roy Moore election: If I lived in a solidly blue state and the Dems were in danger of losing a gimme Senate seat because we nominated a pedophile, would I still vote for the guy? I'd like to think I wouldn't; I like to think I would say we deserved to lose that seat by nominating such an awful person. But all I know for sure is that I hope I'm never put in that situation.
Always gives me a chuckle when people who voted for Biden say things like this.

Biden enjoying the touch and smell of prepubescent girls
I worry about the people who watch that and see something nefarious. It says more about those viewers than it does about Joe, and what it says about them is disturbing, like I won't let you near my daughters kinda disturbing.

“I’m this country boy. I’m not that smart. And he’s that preacher. He’s a smart man, wears these nice suits……So, he’s going to show up and embarrass me at the debate October the 14th, and I’m just waiting. I’ll show up and I’m going to do my best.”
I think a similar version of this speech was given by the American Dream Dusty Rhodes the week before he upset Ric Flair in 1985. Inspired.
Loved the American Dream!

The problem with these candidates is how
much outside backing and influence is there? In a nutshell is he being used for his name recognition and not based on his platform or prior elected accomplishments. This goes for Dr Oz also.
Right, I think that's @massraider's point above. It's a disturbing trend. In the last two cycles, we've had Tommy Tuberville, Herschel Walker, Dr. Oz, and JD Vance (I'm likely forgetting some) as Senate candidates. Not local elections, not even House candidates, but actual candidates for US Senator.
We can go back to Jesse Ventura and Arnold Schwarzenegger winning governor jobs.
Both of them did alright though. I don't like Oz or Vance at all, but maybe they'd do their job alright. They're capable of it at least.

Walker seems mentally unfit.

elitist
Why is being an elitist, which I consider someone who's educated and successful, a put down now? Are we mocking our scientist and doctors now for being smarty pants?

The problem with these candidates is how
much outside backing and influence is there? In a nutshell is he being used for his name recognition and not based on his platform or prior elected accomplishments. This goes for Dr Oz also.
Right, I think that's @massraider's point above. It's a disturbing trend. In the last two cycles, we've had Tommy Tuberville, Herschel Walker, Dr. Oz, and JD Vance (I'm likely forgetting some) as Senate candidates. Not local elections, not even House candidates, but actual candidates for US Senator.
We can go back to Jesse Ventura and Arnold Schwarzenegger winning governor jobs.
Both of them did alright though. I don't like Oz or Vance at all, but maybe they'd do their job alright. They're capable of it at least.

Walker seems mentally unfit.
The landscape has surely changed since they ran.

There are many candidates of questionable intelligence on the ballots come November. Why is the only thread spotlighting one on the PSF forum about an African American one? Seems kinda racist.
I think he literally got hit in the head too many times. It's got nothing to do with race. He's clearly got some sort of issue going on with his brain not functioning properly.

There are many candidates of questionable intelligence on the ballots come November. Why is the only thread spotlighting one on the PSF forum about an African American one? Seems kinda racist.
Because it has little to do with race and more name recognition and its not just questionable...we can see clearly he is unfit for such a high office.
If you have examples of others who are so limited then please bring them force rather than claiming racism. the reason Walker is talked about is he is leading in polls and people know who he is.
For one, there's a white dude who literally can't put together a full sentence due to having a stroke but no active discussion dedicated to his "fitness" for office. But there's one for a black guy. But no chance it has anything to do with race. Ok got it.

Tim felt compelled to start a specific thread questioning if a black Republican is fit for office. There are many candidates on both sides of the aisle with red flags but a black Republican was singled out for discussion. That's the reality.
Who's the white dude you're referencing?

I think he literally got hit in the head too many times. It's got nothing to do with race. He's clearly got some sort of issue going on with his brain not functioning properly.
He’s a CTE candidate for sure.

Because it has little to do with race and more name recognition and its not just questionable...we can see clearly he is unfit for such a high office.
If you have examples of others who are so limited then please bring them force rather than claiming racism. the reason Walker is talked about is he is leading in polls and people know who he is.
For one, there's a white dude who literally can't put together a full sentence due to having a stroke but no active discussion dedicated to his "fitness" for office. But there's one for a black guy. But no chance it has anything to do with race. Ok got it.

Tim felt compelled to start a specific thread questioning if a black Republican is fit for office. There are many candidates on both sides of the aisle with red flags but a black Republican was singled out for discussion. That's the reality.
Who's the white dude you're referencing?
Fetterman, the guy running for Senate in PA. He suffered a stroke and is recovering. He was mentally just fine prior to the stroke and is improving each week.

For one, there's a white dude who literally can't put together a full sentence due to having a stroke but no thread dedicated to his "fitness" for office. But there's one for a black guy. But no chance it has anything to do with race. Ok got it.
Seems he can put together a full sentence and he is hardly well known (also, it has been discussed pretty extensively in the Senate election thread). also the guy he is running against may be even less fit for office given he is a lying conman.

Seems it has everything to do with people know who Herschel Walker is...but if you said the name Fetterman to people, they would not have a clue.
Wait, he's talking about Fetterman? He's recovered and seems fine. I get that being an open question like 6 weeks ago, but he seems about 25x more mentally there than Walker.

Did Trump push him through solely on name recognition? Were there no other well known GOP potential candidates he could have supported?

Did Trump push him through solely on name recognition? Were there no other well known GOP potential candidates he could have supported?
Good question. I think Trump likes Hershel because he smiled at Don at the White Houee.

Walker's Apprentice record was much less impressive than his football record. 2 and 7.

Week 1: Loss (PM)
Week 2: Loss (Boardroom)
Week 3: Loss
Week 4: Win
Week 5: Loss
Week 6: Loss
Week 7: Win
Week 8: Loss
Week 9: Fired (PM)

Guy can't even beat other celebrities in a reality show, yet he can frigging run our country effectively?

DJT want to live the celebrity life but real celebs won't have him. Which is why he supports Oz and Walker

elitist

Do you believe Hershal Walker is a quality candidate for our Senate? If so, why?

To serve in the U.S. Senate, an individual must be a U.S. citizen for at least nine years, be at least 30 years old and reside in the state where he or she wants to serve. he is eligible. Debbie Stabenow is one of my senators. she is dumb as a rock. so yes, he is.

elitist
Why is being an elitist, which I consider someone who's educated and successful, a put down now? Are we mocking our scientist and doctors now for being smarty pants?
I use the term in the political sense. you know the kind of guy who would say "gee that person is voting against his interests." as if said elitist has any idea what that person's interest is.

He's qualified. He's just going to vote the way he's told to anyway. If the thought is that he would apply critical thinking and vote according to his conscience, that's laughable. They either vote with party or for their controlling special interest groups. All of them.

elitist

To serve in the U.S. Senate, an individual must be a U.S. citizen for at least nine years, be at least 30 years old and reside in the state where he or she wants to serve. he is eligible. Debbie Stabenow is one of my senators. she is dumb as a rock. so yes, he is.
Glad to hear you say that Fetterman qualifies as a quality candidate for the Senate.

I remember contemplating that hypothetical during the Roy Moore election: If I lived in a solidly blue state and the Dems were in danger of losing a gimme Senate seat because we nominated a pedophile, would I still vote for the guy? I'd like to think I wouldn't; I like to think I would say we deserved to lose that seat by nominating such an awful person. But all I know for sure is that I hope I'm never put in that situation.

I worry about the people who watch that and see something nefarious. It says more about those viewers than it does about Joe, and what it says about them is disturbing, like I won't let you near my daughters kinda disturbing.
you would leave your daughter with biden? my wife had an uncle who was touchy like that. the people who are cool with it I worry about their daughters.

that's disturbing. and neither Joe or you aren't getting near my daughter.

elitist

Glad to hear you say that Fetterman qualifies as a quality candidate for the Senate.
clearly he does. I just wouldn't vote for him.

He's qualified. He's just going to vote the way he's told to anyway. If the thought is that he would apply critical thinking and vote according to his conscience, that's laughable. They either vote with party or for their controlling special interest groups. All of them.
none of the freshman senators or representatives do much except raise money for their next election. that's what they do and vote the way leadership tells them.

you would leave your daughter with biden? my wife had an uncle who was touchy like that. the people who are cool with it I worry about their daughters.

People who see pedophiles everywhere are more likely to be pedophiles themselves IMO. It's called projection.

People who see pedophiles everywhere are more likely to be pedophiles themselves IMO. It's called projection.
I don't. Joe just reminds me and my wife of uncle howard, oh and his son. who also has the creep gene, and has never been allowed alone with any kids when im around. keep your hands off kids.

It may be as simple as: inflation is bad right now and the Democrats aren’t solving it. Let’s give the other guys a try.

Am I crazy to think that inflation pretty much has nothing to do with any politician anywhere, ever?
yes. the fed and congress drive inflation with spending and policy.
This may be true but the pandemic, supply chain issues, and the war are also major factors.
it goes back to the United States becoming the world currency backed by gold after ww2. coming off the gold standard in early 70s. then making a deal with Saudis for oil trade in $$$.

but the amount of $ in the world market has skyrocketed since 2000

It may be as simple as: inflation is bad right now and the Democrats aren’t solving it. Let’s give the other guys a try.

Am I crazy to think that inflation pretty much has nothing to do with any politician anywhere, ever?
Global inflation?
we are the reserve currency. we drive global inflation.

I don't. Joe just reminds me and my wife of uncle howard, oh and his son. who also has the creep gene, and has never been allowed alone with any kids when im around. keep your hands off kids.
In fairness, I've not interacted with any pedos or creepy people on a regular basis, so perhaps that is influencing you to some extent.

Global inflation?
we are the reserve currency. we drive global inflation.
To an extent. But so do oil prices. And other things too.

I would argue that the two largest factors, by a mile, are the choice to print/not print dollars and oil prices.

I would argue that spending and policy choices of our government have little impact on global inflation. The print/not print choice is made by the Federal Reserve, which isn't part of our government strangely.

In fairness, I've not interacted with any pedos or creepy people on a regular basis, so perhaps that is influencing you to some extent.
oh it is. and I think you don't know what you are looking at. you, hulk, think the best of someone. that's good a on you.

it's a horrible thing to think that about someone. Joe has always reminded me of Howard.

hunter sent pics of himself doing a prostitute doggy style to his dad. i cant imagine sending something like that to my dad. that family is effed up.

Users who are viewing this thread