What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I am worried about Herschel Walker’s candidacy for the senate; I don’t think he’s up to the job. (1 Viewer)

It is very apparent that most of the people posting here are not anywhere near Pennsylvania (and that's not a dig, just saying that I think if some of you were in the area, you would see the issues with Fetterman).

To get it out of the way, I am Not an Oz person. TBH, I would not even say he is a conservative on his best day.

With that being said, It is not a responsible act to even consider electing Fetterman.
The cities of Pennsylvania are a scary mess. Major big-name businesses are pulling out of the cities due to crime and crime, in general, is stuff you see on the worst tv. The school systems are wrecked. On and on.

Fetterman does NOT side on any policy that would help on crime or drugs or education but all that is almost secondary to why I say he shouldn't be elected.

He is not fit for this job. Granted, I am the same guy that said before the 2020 election that Joe Biden was showing a lot of signs of dementia so you will either be like "ok, go on..." or dismiss me entirely but I speak on these particular issues and come to you because I have a long history since the 90's of being around these people in Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland, D.C,, etc, so as far as the average FBG poster goes, I figured myself as qualified as the next guy to say what I've experienced over the years.

Anyways, Fetterman has been kept in hiding on his health issues. I am fairly convinced the stroke he suffered impacted the part of his brain that impacts auditory functions in addition to the obvious ones. Locally, the media has gone to GREAT lengths to not put him into any position that draws attention to his ability to ...function (for lack of a better term).

They finally got a quasi-national interview with him on Monday and it is as brutal as all the others they have shown and the interviewer is even on record as to saying that before the interview it was obvious he was struggling to comprehend and respond without significant spoon feeding.

When you consider the requirements of senators and their importance, this makes zero sense to try to drag him over a finish line. I am surprised that Pennsylvania citizens will actually elect him BUT he has successfully avoided exposure and although he finally did agree to one debate (usually they do 2 there), it is well after the early voting period so many people will likely vote before they ever get a chance to see what they are voting for.

I honestly don't know what it is like to NOT know what John Fetterman is about because I have seen him for so long but I imagine if you are a casual observer and just see what actually makes it on the news, you probably think he is just this working man's man, all about unions, etc., and you may know that he was a mayor prior to LT. Gov. but you probably don't know how much of that is about how tiny the town is he majored, how he never had a real job and was supported by his parents until in his 40's, how he has no real ties with unions at all except the fact his sister sold him a loft in an industrial area near the union halls for $1, and you probably don't see what pennsylvania has become, crime-wise, in his years in office.

I just find it to be an interesting case in that it even a discussion. Again, Oz wouldn't be my choice but it would be if I had to make a decision to send the best of the available candidates to represent Pennsylvania.
Well, let's say for sake of argument you're painting an accurate picture, still more cognitively there than Herschel, and there's optimism Fettermen will continue to improve.
Not to compare to Herschel (just not to add a lot to what is already a lot of discussion but there is a good discussion to be had considering Walker's concussions, etc), but here is the thing about Fetterman that really should be drawing attention:

I do agree with you what there is optimism he will continue to improve but two issues from that:

1-It does not change the fact that he is apparently not fit to hold office in the present and do a senator's job. Everyone thinks about just getting "your" guy to vote with "your" party but senators, on the daily/weekly hold positions that require open dialogue, debate, listening and comprehending classified information and making decisions. I am concerned about that.

2-The big red flags here are that given the amount of time since he has had his stroke, he should be in the window of where he should be demonstrating where he will return to. The fact that he is not releasing his medical records to prove that he is recovering well at the very least suggests that a medical professional would read the report and know the long-term prognosis is not promising. If you notice in the interview when asked specifically why he has not released information about his medical status after being asked multiple times, he does not answer the question and instead says, he "feels" like he has given "a lot of information". That is not a release and it is not a straight answer. If you or I had a stroke and the docs say "give it 6-9 months and everything we are seeing says with therapy you're good again", you or I would rush to give that to the press and say "see?". But if the doctors are saying "it's been 6 months and we are seeing a plateau here", then you or I would be more inclined to not share it or say "I've given youths already, etc".

It IS certainly some reading tea leaves here but human nature is fairly predictable also. When you see the dogmatic avoidance to debate, the use of words that clearly say "adaptive medical equipment necessary", and a refusal to answer the one issue that is clearly and obviously the one thing that is giving the incumbent favorite a negative that is hurting him, I just don't see why there isn't something there.
Seems like some doctors have commented that it's an auditory issue not a cognitive one. Maybe that's not proven but either way seems like you're making a lot of assumptions.
This interview was a good barometer IMO. He was answering all the questions, train of thought was good. He should be doing more of these to explain what is going on with him.

It is very apparent that most of the people posting here are not anywhere near Pennsylvania (and that's not a dig, just saying that I think if some of you were in the area, you would see the issues with Fetterman).

To get it out of the way, I am Not an Oz person. TBH, I would not even say he is a conservative on his best day.

With that being said, It is not a responsible act to even consider electing Fetterman.
The cities of Pennsylvania are a scary mess. Major big-name businesses are pulling out of the cities due to crime and crime, in general, is stuff you see on the worst tv. The school systems are wrecked. On and on.

Fetterman does NOT side on any policy that would help on crime or drugs or education but all that is almost secondary to why I say he shouldn't be elected.

He is not fit for this job. Granted, I am the same guy that said before the 2020 election that Joe Biden was showing a lot of signs of dementia so you will either be like "ok, go on..." or dismiss me entirely but I speak on these particular issues and come to you because I have a long history since the 90's of being around these people in Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland, D.C,, etc, so as far as the average FBG poster goes, I figured myself as qualified as the next guy to say what I've experienced over the years.

Anyways, Fetterman has been kept in hiding on his health issues. I am fairly convinced the stroke he suffered impacted the part of his brain that impacts auditory functions in addition to the obvious ones. Locally, the media has gone to GREAT lengths to not put him into any position that draws attention to his ability to ...function (for lack of a better term).

They finally got a quasi-national interview with him on Monday and it is as brutal as all the others they have shown and the interviewer is even on record as to saying that before the interview it was obvious he was struggling to comprehend and respond without significant spoon feeding.

When you consider the requirements of senators and their importance, this makes zero sense to try to drag him over a finish line. I am surprised that Pennsylvania citizens will actually elect him BUT he has successfully avoided exposure and although he finally did agree to one debate (usually they do 2 there), it is well after the early voting period so many people will likely vote before they ever get a chance to see what they are voting for.

I honestly don't know what it is like to NOT know what John Fetterman is about because I have seen him for so long but I imagine if you are a casual observer and just see what actually makes it on the news, you probably think he is just this working man's man, all about unions, etc., and you may know that he was a mayor prior to LT. Gov. but you probably don't know how much of that is about how tiny the town is he majored, how he never had a real job and was supported by his parents until in his 40's, how he has no real ties with unions at all except the fact his sister sold him a loft in an industrial area near the union halls for $1, and you probably don't see what pennsylvania has become, crime-wise, in his years in office.

I just find it to be an interesting case in that it even a discussion. Again, Oz wouldn't be my choice but it would be if I had to make a decision to send the best of the available candidates to represent Pennsylvania.
Well, let's say for sake of argument you're painting an accurate picture, still more cognitively there than Herschel, and there's optimism Fettermen will continue to improve.
Not to compare to Herschel (just not to add a lot to what is already a lot of discussion but there is a good discussion to be had considering Walker's concussions, etc), but here is the thing about Fetterman that really should be drawing attention:

I do agree with you what there is optimism he will continue to improve but two issues from that:

1-It does not change the fact that he is apparently not fit to hold office in the present and do a senator's job. Everyone thinks about just getting "your" guy to vote with "your" party but senators, on the daily/weekly hold positions that require open dialogue, debate, listening and comprehending classified information and making decisions. I am concerned about that.

2-The big red flags here are that given the amount of time since he has had his stroke, he should be in the window of where he should be demonstrating where he will return to. The fact that he is not releasing his medical records to prove that he is recovering well at the very least suggests that a medical professional would read the report and know the long-term prognosis is not promising. If you notice in the interview when asked specifically why he has not released information about his medical status after being asked multiple times, he does not answer the question and instead says, he "feels" like he has given "a lot of information". That is not a release and it is not a straight answer. If you or I had a stroke and the docs say "give it 6-9 months and everything we are seeing says with therapy you're good again", you or I would rush to give that to the press and say "see?". But if the doctors are saying "it's been 6 months and we are seeing a plateau here", then you or I would be more inclined to not share it or say "I've given youths already, etc".

It IS certainly some reading tea leaves here but human nature is fairly predictable also. When you see the dogmatic avoidance to debate, the use of words that clearly say "adaptive medical equipment necessary", and a refusal to answer the one issue that is clearly and obviously the one thing that is giving the incumbent favorite a negative that is hurting him, I just don't see why there isn't something there.
Seems like some doctors have commented that it's an auditory issue not a cognitive one. Maybe that's not proven but either way seems like you're making a lot of assumptions.
Well, I am inundated with this stuff all day long. Seeing a lot. I do know that CNN's chief medical paid correspondent is saying he's ok with roaring endorsements like "listening to him, he sounded like he was, uh, fairly fluent." That's encouraging. Of course he is on CNN's payroll and is the same doctor who, today, is on a panel blasting the NFL concussion issue and speaking about the dangers of how "just 1 concussion" can cause damage that impairs them for life"...yet a stroke..not so much. ok.

So here's what you aren't going to see on CNN, etc, but is known locally: that device is NOT an auditory enhancer. It is not a hearing aid to help him hear. It is literally a computer adaptive device that is arranging the words in a way he can comprehend based on his diagnosis, which they aren't sharing. The crew, before the interview literally said that before the machine was turned on for him, he couldn't engage in random discussion with them.

You can spend your time seeking to doubt and discredit people to prop up what you want to be or you can go out and do some research and see what is going on out there. I am not here to tell you cherry ice cream is the best and have you believe it. I am simply sharing political information in a political forum. Make of it what you will and increase your perspective if you care.
It's allowing him to read questions rather than listen to them. There's an actual stenographer in the room providing closed captioning in real time.

Well, I am inundated with this stuff all day long. Seeing a lot. I do know that CNN's chief medical paid correspondent is saying he's ok with roaring endorsements like "listening to him, he sounded like he was, uh, fairly fluent." That's encouraging. Of course he is on CNN's payroll and is the same doctor who, today, is on a panel blasting the NFL concussion issue and speaking about the dangers of how "just 1 concussion" can cause damage that impairs them for life"...yet a stroke..not so much. ok.

So here's what you aren't going to see on CNN, etc, but is known locally: that device is NOT an auditory enhancer. It is not a hearing aid to help him hear. It is literally a computer adaptive device that is arranging the words in a way he can comprehend based on his diagnosis, which they aren't sharing. The crew, before the interview literally said that before the machine was turned on for him, he couldn't engage in random discussion with them.

You can spend your time seeking to doubt and discredit people to prop up what you want to be or you can go out and do some research and see what is going on out there. I am not here to tell you cherry ice cream is the best and have you believe it. I am simply sharing political information in a political forum. Make of it what you will and increase your perspective if you care.
It's allowing him to read questions rather than listen to them. There's an actual stenographer in the room providing closed captioning in real time.
Yep.

The comments about him not understanding small talk could mean anything. They could suck at small talk, he could have been focused on other things, they could have been masked, they could be partisans, etc. Another reporter who interviewed Fetterman said those comments were unfair and they talked with no issues.

In any case the actual interview where you can see how he processes and answers questions is something we can actually judge. It wasn't perfect and Fetterman certainly has issues, but he knows it at the time as he is trying to say the words.

As you pointed out the machine allows him to read the questions it is just a closed caption system. you could see it on screen during the interview when they used the camera angle behind Fetterman.

Unless @Shutout you have some other info here this seems like a very deliberate way to deceive regarding what was used.

It's just the typical approach of creating a conspiracy out of nothing. Some in here argue that "auditory processing" issues should disqualify him from being elected. That's utter nonsense, like saying someone who is deaf wouldn't be able to do the job.

Give me a man with integrity who has dealt with some health issues over a snake oil peddling man who has not any day of the week. I don't see how many decent person can look past Dr. Nick Riviera and his quack sales pitches. We saw what con artists do when elected. Hard pass.
Even if Fetterman never showed up on the floor of the Senate and never cast a vote and he resigns in the first week and there's a special election and the GOP wins with a decent candidate, that's better than putting a carpet bagger quack TV personality physician the job for 6 years. No one should trust Dr. Oz.

As a life-long PA voter, I wish Conor Lamb had won the primary and am not a Fetterman fan. However, I would vote for Fetterman's dog before I would vote for Oz. At least the dog has some integrity. I also find it interesting that you blame a "small town mayor" for your claimed state-wide crime issues. BTW, that small-town mayor job paid how much? The answer is "peanuts". So now we attack the guy because he was willing to take a job that pays peanuts and "sponge off his parents" in order to accomplish what needed to be done. If he had sold snake oil instead, THEN he'd be worth voting for.

Last edited:
As a life-long PA voter, I wish Conor Lamb had won the primary and am not a Fetterman fan. However, I would vote for Fetterman's dog before I would vote for Oz. At least the dog has some integrity.
A review of 75 studies published by Mehmet Oz between 1989 and 2010 reveals the Republican Senate candidate’s research killed over 300 dogs and inflicted significant suffering on them and the other animals used in experiments

As a life-long PA voter, I wish Conor Lamb had won the primary and am not a Fetterman fan. However, I would vote for Fetterman's dog before I would vote for Oz. At least the dog has some integrity.
A review of 75 studies published by Mehmet Oz between 1989 and 2010 reveals the Republican Senate candidate’s research killed over 300 dogs and inflicted significant suffering on them and the other animals used in experiments
Yeah, but he didn't have the guts to go after Fetterman's dog.

It's just the typical approach of creating a conspiracy out of nothing. Some in here argue that "auditory processing" issues should disqualify him from being elected. That's utter nonsense, like saying someone who is deaf wouldn't be able to do the job.
Someone made the point that the reporter's comments about him struggling to make small talk would be like a reporter interviewing Texas Gov. Greg Abbot (who's in a wheelchair) and saying, "He struggled to walk."

I get that his auditory/language issues might suggest that he has diminished mental capacity. But there's no evidence that's the case, and that what he is experiencing is very common to stroke survivors. I would think a journalist's job should be to explain that to her audience, not further the misimpression

Now Fetterman’s wife saying she wants consequences for the journalist who interviewed her husband. I guess nobody can question anything anymore. Good grief. Pennsylvania really needs to start over and scrap these two.

So Raphael Warnock runs a fake charity and evicts people over $28:

Again? Did you forget that you posted the same thing on Tuesday?

So Raphael Warnock runs a fake charity and evicts people over $28:

Again? Did you forget that you posted the same thing on Tuesday?

The investigation in to whether his charity was acting legally is new, or did I miss the post about the investigation? Previously we had just discussed his disgusting act of evicting people over less than $30.

Give me a man with integrity who has dealt with some health issues over a snake oil peddling man who has not any day of the week. I don't see how many decent person can look past Dr. Nick Riviera and his quack sales pitches. We saw what con artists do when elected. Hard pass.
Even if Fetterman never showed up on the floor of the Senate and never cast a vote and he resigns in the first week and there's a special election and the GOP wins with a decent candidate, that's better than putting a carpet bagger quack TV personality physician the job for 6 years. No one should trust Dr. Oz.
If he resigned, the governor of the state would appoint the successor in that state. Governor race is up in November also.

Now Fetterman’s wife saying she wants consequences for the journalist who interviewed her husband. I guess nobody can question anything anymore. Good grief. Pennsylvania really needs to start over and scrap these two.
Where did Gisele say that? I follow all of them on Twitter and havent seen that.

Someone made the point that the reporter's comments about him struggling to make small talk would be like a reporter interviewing Texas Gov. Greg Abbot (who's in a wheelchair) and saying, "He struggled to walk."

I get that his auditory/language issues might suggest that he has diminished mental capacity. But there's no evidence that's the case, and that what he is experiencing is very common to stroke survivors. I would think a journalist's job should be to explain that to her audience, not further the misimpression
I backed out of this discussion because it is pretty obvious that as a person pretty close to the situation sharing information, it doesn't matter because a few people responding are ignoring everything except the confirmation bias they can dig to try to dismiss reality. But reality stands on its own case. The science behind a stroke is known. Yet people keep replying saying "well, maybe small talk meant this or let's talk about how the mean reporter was mean for actually committing an act of journalism, etc." These are all speculative excuses. Look at the reported facts here.

The language issues don't suggest diminished mental capacity; it is the clinical result OF THE DAMAGE. By definition, you stroke and you lose blue to one of many possible various regions of the brain and the result IS damage to that area. Sometimes you recover completely, sometimes you have permanent DAMAGE and it never comes back.

In Fetterman's case, he sustained, at least (we don't know all because he won't release the medical records which SHOULD be a flag to anyone being an honest broker), damage related to auditory/language reception AND expression. In the medical world, that is not "got some wax in my ear for a minute". That is always...always...always a diagnostic indicator that the brain is either permanently or temporarily IMPAIRED and not capable of functioning normally. So, yes, there is abso;lutely "evidence" in this case. People are just dismissing it.

I agree with you and others that have said this may be temporary. But, it might NOT. And that's the thing. People are dogmatically rushing to assume this outcome without even entertaining the other and if you try to say otherwise, you attack the reporter. That is totally unfair and irresponsible.

It is beyond logic how, if anyone was being honest wit themselves and not just picking a political side, they wouldn't be looking at this guy and saying "yeah, we are gonna need some medical clarification on this one" because this isn't just "he needs that for close captioning. That is not it at all and I have read that 3-4 times in this thread. DO your research. That is NOT it at all. It has been covered locally on this several times, this device is medical adaptive equipment. It is programmed to arrange the words so he can comprehend. It has been reported directly from the reporters that it is not just he can't hear it, it is he "has a hard time understanding what he's hearing...he still has some problems, some challenges with speech...he had a hard time understanding our conversations."

I get it. Some of you guys don't care what the truth is. You care if you can get a democrat in office and if you can attack the other candidate, a few reporters, etc, in the process and smear them a little bit in the process, all the better. So it's no surprise you react to FBG posters sharing info in the same way. But in the end, the info was shared. You were given the chance to understand and act responsibly with it.

I backed out of this discussion because it is pretty obvious that as a person pretty close to the situation sharing information, it doesn't matter because a few people responding are ignoring everything except the confirmation bias they can dig to try to dismiss reality. But reality stands on its own case. The science behind a stroke is known. Yet people keep replying saying "well, maybe small talk meant this or let's talk about how the mean reporter was mean for actually committing an act of journalism, etc." These are all speculative excuses. Look at the reported facts here.

The language issues don't suggest diminished mental capacity; it is the clinical result OF THE DAMAGE. By definition, you stroke and you lose blue to one of many possible various regions of the brain and the result IS damage to that area. Sometimes you recover completely, sometimes you have permanent DAMAGE and it never comes back.

In Fetterman's case, he sustained, at least (we don't know all because he won't release the medical records which SHOULD be a flag to anyone being an honest broker), damage related to auditory/language reception AND expression. In the medical world, that is not "got some wax in my ear for a minute". That is always...always...always a diagnostic indicator that the brain is either permanently or temporarily IMPAIRED and not capable of functioning normally. So, yes, there is abso;lutely "evidence" in this case. People are just dismissing it.

I agree with you and others that have said this may be temporary. But, it might NOT. And that's the thing. People are dogmatically rushing to assume this outcome without even entertaining the other and if you try to say otherwise, you attack the reporter. That is totally unfair and irresponsible.

It is beyond logic how, if anyone was being honest wit themselves and not just picking a political side, they wouldn't be looking at this guy and saying "yeah, we are gonna need some medical clarification on this one" because this isn't just "he needs that for close captioning. That is not it at all and I have read that 3-4 times in this thread. DO your research. That is NOT it at all. It has been covered locally on this several times, this device is medical adaptive equipment. It is programmed to arrange the words so he can comprehend. It has been reported directly from the reporters that it is not just he can't hear it, it is he "has a hard time understanding what he's hearing...he still has some problems, some challenges with speech...he had a hard time understanding our conversations."

I get it. Some of you guys don't care what the truth is. You care if you can get a democrat in office and if you can attack the other candidate, a few reporters, etc, in the process and smear them a little bit in the process, all the better. So it's no surprise you react to FBG posters sharing info in the same way. But in the end, the info was shared. You were given the chance to understand and act responsibly with it.
Has anyone said he had a hard time understanding the closed captioning?

One reporter said he didn't carry small talk well. Others said it was not an issue.

You mentioned a computer adaptive device that is arranging the words in a way he can comprehend based on his diagnosis. What was this about?

Chill dude, by all accounts he's all there cognitively.

No Lie with Brian Tyler Cohen
@NoLieWithBTC
·
51m

Holy ****. Senator Warnock pointed out that Herschel Walker lied about being a police officer and Walker pulled out an “honorary deputy badge” on stage, insisting he is a cop. Walker is not well.
This debate is basically everything you need to know about the GOP. Walker is the perfect representation if it. Just another cosplay coward that has no moral center, pretending to be a Christian while attacking a pastor, and talking down to people from a level of basic ignorance that should be humiliating, but since they have no shame, they can't be humiliated. Bravo, GOP. You should be proud

Sweet. Just found an old toy sheriff badge from one of the kids. Gonna put it on so I can be the sheriff of a western town to bring law and order and help the local people protect themselves from Gene Hackman. By zoom...I'm still in New Jersey.
You can arrest criminals now and run for Senate!

Sorry for the inconvenient truth, but only one party backs this sort of candidate regularly.

Really disappointing to hurt anyone's feelings, there are many fine people on both sides.

The GOP leadership is feeding you less then you deserve, because they don't think much of you.
but boff sides?

Sorry for the inconvenient truth, but only one party backs this sort of candidate regularly.

Really disappointing to hurt anyone's feelings, there are many fine people on both sides.

The GOP leadership is feeding you less then you deserve, because they don't think much of you.
but boff sides?
There is no both sides. There is a clear and present danger to the United States...and there is the Democratic Party.

Sweet. Just found an old toy sheriff badge from one of the kids. Gonna put it on so I can be the sheriff of a western town to bring law and order and help the local people protect themselves from Gene Hackman. By zoom...I'm still in New Jersey.
You can arrest criminals now and run for Senate!
Gonna have to wait. I just located my oldest child's appointment as Smithsonian expert ranger....I have to pick him up from college since he is now obviously the head night watchman and has to interact with all the exhibits when they come alive. It's a good gig.

He gets to work with Ricky Gervais so, that's something.

Hypothetically.... if I have a replica of the General Lee in my possession... does that mean I get Waylon Jennings to narrate my days? Because.... man.

(Submitting Summary judgment brief through the electronic filing system)

Narrator:
Once upon a time, there was this very smart Greek fella that said that the shortest distance between two points is a straight line. Well, I can tell ya right now that that fella had never been to Hazzard County. Yankeefan's law firm.

I get it. Some of you guys don't care what the truth is. You care if you can get a democrat in office and if you can attack the other candidate, a few reporters, etc, in the process and smear them a little bit in the process, all the better.
The lack of self party awareness with a statement like this when the GOP is putting up candidates like Herschel Walker is stunning.

This debate is basically everything you need to know about the GOP. Walker is the perfect representation if it. Just another cosplay coward that has no moral center, pretending to be a Christian while attacking a pastor, and talking down to people from a level of basic ignorance that should be humiliating, but since they have no shame, they can't be humiliated. Bravo, GOP. You should be proud
There is no both sides. There is a clear and present danger to the United States...and there is the Democratic Party.

VIDEO: Today is 12th anniversary of Joey's 'Alive Day' Aug 7, 2022

U.S. Marine Johnny 'Joey' Jones reflects on a day that changed his life forever 12 years ago and describes tackling adversity and the worst of life on 'The Big Saturday Show.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IczMznFrf9E

VIDEO: ABC Nightline - Johnny 'Joey' Jones Parts 1 2 3 Jan 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAksBJKiGiU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySEGs2ymrCA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYcGeB3wgPc

TWEET: Joey Jones XX@XXJohnny_Joey

If an opportunity to run for Congress where I live opened up-I would go all in-I've served my country in 2 wars- I would love to serve here.

1:02 PM · Jun 23, 2017

https://twitter.com/johnny_joey/status/878342487705739265

Joey Jones is a current FOX News political commentator and analyst. He's also a Republican. He's been approached many times over the last few years to run for office.

Yankees23Fan, you have a consistent and dirty habit of making sweeping generalizations about Conservatives and Republicans. The Conservative base is not a monolith. The Republican Party is not a monolith. The GOP is not a monolith. Nor is the Democratic Party.

I am very proud of Joey Jones. I'd still be proud of him even if he chose a different political viewpoint and ideology than mine. I also very proud of my Conservative brothers, @BladeRunner and @Max Power

Joey Jones is 36 years old. There's a more than strong chance he'll take elected office one day in the future. And when he does, will he be a "Clear And Present Danger" to you and America? Does he have "no moral center"? Will you call him "another cosplay coward"?

The lesson for all Conservatives and Republicans here is to see what Yankees23Fan is saying and doing right now, and make the choice to not be like that themselves. Not all Democrats and liberals are bad. Some are patently horrible. But many want the same things we want and are good Americans though they see the problem solving differently. They are not a monolith and we should not treat them as such, even if some of them won't return that courtesy.

Joey Jones lost his legs for myself. For my godson. For my employees and their children. For my neighbors. For my clients. For the people in these forums. For you. For your children. For all Americans.

I see you as an American first and foremost. Then I see you as someone I have no respect for at all. Not a single shred. Not even if you were a Conservative. Then I see you a radical leftist. In that order.

Hate Conservatives and Republicans if you wish. But remember they are Americans first and foremost. Might make it easier to see what someone like Joey Jones gave up for all of us, and yes, even for you.

One reporter said he didn't carry small talk well. Others said it was not an issue.

You mentioned a computer adaptive device that is arranging the words in a way he can comprehend based on his diagnosis. What was this about?
it's a false claim. they used closed captioning with a stenographer so he could read questions instead of listening to them.

Sounds like Walker held his own in the debate. Shouldn't we be more worried about the current guy and gal in the white house and if they are up to the job? It does not appear they are.

Last edited:

There’s no point any longer. These are not honest people. We've officially gone from John Fetterman is fine to you're ******** right his brain doesn't work right now, who cares! Oz is a Republican and Republicans are sucky awful people!

Does it surprise you they support this guy? They voted for and still support Biden when most people can clearly see he is suffering from extreme cognitive decline.

Sounds like Walker held his own in the debate. Shouldn't we be more worried about the current guy and gal in the white house and if they are up to the job? It does not appear they are.
I’m definitely worried about the current folks in the White House and their party. I’m hoping for fresh blood in 2024, and can identify quite a few Democratic candidates that I’d love to see on the ticket. My fear is that they’ll default to the incumbent Biden who is not a good candidate. Not too many Republicans are looking desirable to me. What are your thoughts on that? Is it obvious that Trump is the best candidate for the Republicans? I think he’s just about the worst option the Republican Party could offer, but that’s just, like, my opinion man.

Now as for this thread…seems to me that it is possible to hold two disparate thoughts at the same time. Walker is not a good candidate and we should be worried about whether Biden and Harris are up to the job. Agreed?

I’m definitely worried about the current folks in the White House and their party. I’m hoping for fresh blood in 2024, and can identify quite a few Democratic candidates that I’d love to see on the ticket. My fear is that they’ll default to the incumbent Biden who is not a good candidate. Not too many Republicans are looking desirable to me. What are your thoughts on that? Is it obvious that Trump is the best candidate for the Republicans? I think he’s just about the worst option the Republican Party could offer, but that’s just, like, my opinion man.

Now as for this thread…seems to me that it is possible to hold two disparate thoughts at the same time. Walker is not a good candidate and we should be worried about whether Biden and Harris are up to the job. Agreed?
You’re completely whitewashing the guy in Florida who is doing such a horrible job managing a major catastrophe, the entirety of the media stopped talking about it.

Users who are viewing this thread