What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I feel clueless using online dating and am looking for FFA advice! (1 Viewer)

bosoxs45

Footballguy
I haven't been on a date in a while and Don't know how to use OkCupid or tinder. What are your tips for someone living on his own in his late 20s? I'm a total late bloomer and have no idea what to do.  

Last edited by a moderator:
What kind of things do you like to do that would be cool to do with someone else?

What's your financial situation?

How is your health?

Are you a selfish dude, or do you get pleasure from helping others out, giving gifts, etc..?

I'm friends with the concierge at the front desk of my building. He recently went on a first date and was unhappy when the other dude just started spilling his guts about his ex and a bunch of heavy emotional stuff on top of that. Dude obviously was clueless on first date attitude/etiquette and my friend asked him to leave, literally like 20 minutes in. Make some mental notes for yourself about how you want your first date to go so you can get it over with appropriately. What kind of chicks do you like? Compared to yourself, are the chicks you'll be hanging out with finer than you are, or are you pretty good looking?

no idea what to do
It's exciting and once you get used to it here in a few weeks/months you'll feel a really good sense of accomplishment, regardless of how any of your dates worked out. Even just "going through the motions" will be rewarding, no matter if you knock anything out of the park or not. Relationships are entertaining and being with people is an amazing way to pass the time, real talk.

I'm friends with the concierge at the front desk of my building. He recently went on a first date and was unhappy when the other dude just started spilling his guts about his ex and a bunch of heavy emotional stuff on top of that. Dude obviously was clueless on first date attitude/etiquette and my friend asked him to leave, literally like 20 minutes in. Make some mental notes for yourself about how you want your first date to go so you can get it over with appropriately. What kind of chicks do you like? Compared to yourself, are the chicks you'll be hanging out with finer than you are, or are you pretty good looking?
Adam4Adam.com?

There is a whole thread here on this topic. 

Few pictures, with at least one good face shot, one laughing/hanging out with friends, and one doing something athletic/adventurous/cool. 

Short and sweet on your profile. Don’t be afraid to exaggerate a bit. Be funny. Don’t dump a ton of boring facts. 

Be forward, you’re hidjng behind a screen. If she doesn’t respond who cares. It’s a numbers game. 

Move from texting to meeting in person quickly (within a few days or a week-ish at most). Don’t turn into that needy guy texting her all day. 

Be busy and fun. If you’re not, appear that way. Have a life and don’t let her in too close too soon. Again, it’s a numbers game. 

Be straightforward with what you want. If you’re just looking to ####, don’t lead anyone on. If you’re looking for something serious, be candid as well, but later on. 

It’s a tool to set up drinks/coffee in the real world. 

Last edited by a moderator:
@bosoxs45 are you trying to just put up numbers or looking for the one

My advice is to put up numbers until you find the one.  That may sound dismissive but I'm suggesting you do this because if you focus your time/efforts into the first chick that responds after the tons of swiping, chatting, drinks to chat, etc., it will make you put time into a broken women.

IME, the women that will go on dates with Tinder, POF, OKC have already burned their circle of friends or have been damaged in some way that they're turning to the internet.

Be honest with them.  Tell them you're here to date, make it clear that you're okay with dating until you both decide you want to be exclusive.

Don't rely on a woman in one of these sites to give you any insight on what they want because it's like asking a deer how it wants to be hunted - they just don't know dude.

I've used Tinder, Thrinder, POF, CL and OKC; what works well once you have any kind of interaction is keep the "yes, and" response tone.  That means if you get a "are you at work right now?"  You don't just answer with "yes", you answer with "yes I am and what are you up to?" - It might sound stupid but it keeps conversation moving.  Most recently I had an interaction with two young ladies on Thinder that made a Jaws reference.  Instead of saying just agreeing or "lol" at the dumb reference, I said "oh right and I want to check out  the new shark movie Meg or something right?.  It's in IMAX near us".  We saw that movie and I saw them BoSox....biblically.

I've used Tinder, Thrinder, POF, CL and OKC; what works well once you have any kind of interaction is keep the "yes, and" response tone.  That means if you get a "are you at work right now?"  You don't just answer with "yes", you answer with "yes I am and what are you up to?" - It might sound stupid but it keeps conversation moving.  Most recently I had an interaction with two young ladies on Thinder that made a Jaws reference.  Instead of saying just agreeing or "lol" at the dumb reference, I said "oh right and I want to check out  the new shark movie Meg or something right?.  It's in IMAX near us".  We saw that movie and I saw them BoSox....biblically.
Craigslist!!  We need a thread on this Ron.  NRJ is taking forever to let his love tragedy develop.

Late 20's...jesus you got everything from 18 to 50 waiting for you.  Its really too easy.  Don't be afraid to ask some 5 to 6's to come over for drinks right out of the box, they will show up, stay a while, and then leave to go home.  Some you'll never hear from again, others might go in the rotation.  These are the weekday chicks obviously.

Get 5 good pictures. You want them to showcase you doing fun stuff and looking good. Choose one that’s you from the torso up looking :hot : . The other four should be showcasing a you doing something fun. If you have no fun pics, get some. Skydive or marathon or whatever. In search of interesting pics, you’ll find yourself having fun and getting more interesting. 

Sign up for bumble.  Pay the $10 or whatever to get their upgraded version so you can see who swiped on you. That saves you from ever having to swipe. Everyone is an instant match. Develop a personality. Have as much unprotected sex as you want. 

Let me know what questions you have. Being the best poster is in the ffa/politics forum+crushing girls out of my league on dating apps are my only gifts. Ted Williams hits baseballs, I hit sorority girls. I will help you do whatever you need. 

Arizona Ron said:

My advice is to put up numbers until you find the one.  That may sound dismissive but I'm suggesting you do this because if you focus your time/efforts into the first chick that responds after the tons of swiping, chatting, drinks to chat, etc., it will make you put time into a broken women.

IME, the women that will go on dates with Tinder, POF, OKC have already burned their circle of friends or have been damaged in some way that they're turning to the internet.

Be honest with them.  Tell them you're here to date, make it clear that you're okay with dating until you both decide you want to be exclusive.

Don't rely on a woman in one of these sites to give you any insight on what they want because it's like asking a deer how it wants to be hunted - they just don't know dude.

Pay attention to this guy @bosoxs45.

This is the Greek God of Poonisus coming down from his heavenly bed of T & A to advise you. Heed his words.

I'm just looking to have fun, date a typical woman next door and we have a similar lifestyle, personality and values.

There is a whole thread here on this topic. 

Few pictures, with at least one good face shot, one laughing/hanging out with friends, and one doing something athletic/adventurous/cool. 

Short and sweet on your profile. Don’t be afraid to exaggerate a bit. Be funny. Don’t dump a ton of boring facts. 

Be forward, you’re hidjng behind a screen. If she doesn’t respond who cares. It’s a numbers game. 

Move from texting to meeting in person quickly (within a few days or a week-ish at most). Don’t turn into that needy guy texting her all day. 

Be busy and fun. If you’re not, appear that way. Have a life and don’t let her in too close too soon. Again, it’s a numbers game. 

Be straightforward with what you want. If you’re just looking to ####, don’t lead anyone on. If you’re looking for something serious, be candid as well, but later on. 

It’s a tool to set up drinks/coffee in the real world. 
Or just be busy and fun. I would worry about that before dating.

Users who are viewing this thread