What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I got this trade for Tevin Coleman? My initial reaction was to ask the dude what kind of drugs he was on? (1 Viewer)

DJackson10

Footballguy
Am I wrong? 

So I was offered this in my keeper league (Keep 4). This seems like such a sucker trade 2-1 I'd have to drop someone again. 

I get:

Crowell 

Carson

6th (2nd round after keepers)

He Gets:

Coleman and my 9th (5th after keepers)

I don't think I'm doing it either way but was wondering what you guys thought of it? Seems like the type of BS my buddies co worker would pull in their money league. This is btw a FREE LEAGUE. I got Melvin Gordon, Clement, Michel and Eckler. PPR 1 pt per catch league. 

beerbuff said:
I'd probably do it but who would you drop?
See thats the problem I don't want to drop anyone of my guys or that willing besides maybe Jordan Matthews who I just picked up. My biggest concern is the guy getting him is a predatory trader and has been known to grab better players for less and turn around at the deadline or offseason and pawn them off for a bigger gain. I traded him RIvers one year in his career year and I wanted a 7th basically 3rd after keepers. he said it was too high. Forget the actual trade but I remember I got like a 7th rounder for him. At the deadline he tries to pawn Rivers off to the worst team for possible the #1 pick. so for me even if it helped me I don't want to help a guy like that in my league. 

See thats the problem I don't want to drop anyone of my guys or that willing besides maybe Jordan Matthews who I just picked up. My biggest concern is the guy getting him is a predatory trader and has been known to grab better players for less and turn around at the deadline or offseason and pawn them off for a bigger gain. I traded him RIvers one year in his career year and I wanted a 7th basically 3rd after keepers. he said it was too high. Forget the actual trade but I remember I got like a 7th rounder for him. At the deadline he tries to pawn Rivers off to the worst team for possible the #1 pick. so for me even if it helped me I don't want to help a guy like that in my league. 
I wouldn't say he is predatory, I'd say he is a smart trader. No one forces people into trades.

I wouldn't say he is predatory, I'd say he is a smart trader. No one forces people into trades.
I should clarify this. I've had several owners not just come to me but the Commissioner who's told me of several people in the last few seasons he targeted who were in positions for a top 3-4 pick trying to bully them into making trade with him for their 1st rounder the next year as well. It's not smart trading when the guy is actually bullying his ways into trades. 

I will still say, no one forces someone into a trade, Come on...on line bullying really? The people in your league need to develop a thicker skin

Users who are viewing this thread