What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I GUARANTEE an Eagles win this week. (1 Viewer)

Well, Philly won the final 59:57, doesn't that count for something? lol :)
Actually Dallas was winning from 3 seconds into the game until Philly finally took a 1 point lead and that only lasted a few minutes longer. Go check time of possession too :)

For the record, I am a fan of neither. However, I am a "reformed" compulsive gambler...aren't we all? As such, I follow it, and this is my first 5-Star play of the year. First of all, it is wise to wait and see a month of football before you go big. Well, we're here. And I've seen enough. :boxing: Being an avid contrarian, this line wreaks of hype...on both sides of the ball. The Dallas Bandwagon Train has left the terminal...sold-out. We love you, Bill... :wub: Whereas, the birds that used to flock together are nowhere to be found...dissention, I say! :shock: Only a month ago Philly, would have been favored by 5 or 6 going into little 'd'. Now, not only were they only laying 1, but the herd is betting the cowgirls. I see today we're down to a pick em'. :excited: That's it...I'm in.Have fun getting yards, Mr. average-back Hambrick. And when did Quincy become Donovan...and Carter become McNabb? Did I miss something? How quickly we forget. There are more Rush fans than I thought...The Eagles fly south, to their recent home away from home, to comfortably nest and lay some turds on Bill's new dye job. While the Dallas Bandwagon Train, about to leave the station, stops for "fans" to get off... :no: Bill is great, but not a miracle worker...not in one month. Next year.Philly is not nearly as bad as everyone WANTS to think. And don't worry, I'll bump this either way. My self-imposed banishment will be for one week...not including lurking. :ph34r: No posts for a week! :shock: I ask for nothing in return...only gratitude. ;)
so you are banished here forever then, done like Davis how ironic.

They may or may not be the better team, but the flaw in your thinking is that they owned Dave Campo and Chan Gailey, not "Dallas."
Well, I happen to think they ARE the better team, still.And to think that they have owned Dallas is not "flawed". The fact that Tuna (who does make a difference -- that's why the line is not @ 4), is there now, does not take away the fact that most of these same players have been beat up by Philly.Conversely, Philly HAS to have confindence vs. a team they beat 6 straight times. You can't tell me that, in sports, that is not a psychological advantage. :football:
wait, I thought you were banned but still talking? Shhhhhh..........Phily/Oak are DONE!!!

That my friend is a "Cyclone"...Cyclone talked about "this week being his easiest fantasy win ever"...posted the teams...then changed the teams...but still lost either way.Er Go...Cyclone Part Deux

Rush was right....McNabb is mostly hype....Philly's done....how many more NFL, Campbell Soup, and other McNabb commercials will we have to suffer through this year?

Sonny ... you will be missed.If you have a cable or DSL modem, cycle the power on it and your computer. You may get re-assigned an IP address to which you then register with an alias ... :bag: JAA

that's got to hurt. Wonder how much he wagered on the Eagles...see you later Sonny, or maybe not. At least CSU had a big win this weekend.

Two weeks in a row - first cyclone now sonny.When will they learn not to tempt the football gods :no:

Last edited by a moderator:
They may or may not be the better team, but the flaw in your thinking is that they owned Dave Campo and Chan Gailey, not "Dallas."
Well, I happen to think they ARE the better team, still.And to think that they have owned Dallas is not "flawed". The fact that Tuna (who does make a difference -- that's why the line is not @ 4), is there now, does not take away the fact that most of these same players have been beat up by Philly.Conversely, Philly HAS to have confindence vs. a team they beat 6 straight times. You can't tell me that, in sports, that is not a psychological advantage. :football:
:yes: Heh.... By the way, TUNA is not the reason for the line. People ignorantly betting trends instead of current realities is what you can thank for that line.If it make you feel better though, I am certain if Campo was still the head coach, Philly would have won by at least 9 points. Again.... in the parity of the NFL, coaching makes the difference. A Dallas vs Carolina NFC championship game would just be the funniest damn thing ever for all the folks that think they have it all figured out. :P

NAH NAH. NAH NAH NAH NAH. HEY HEY HEY, GOODBYE.SEE YAH....WOULDN'T WANT TO BE YAH. 2 YRS SQUANDERED AND NOW YOU'RE DONE!!!!!!!!!!NO WAY TO RECOVER THIS YEAR. MCNABB LOOKS WORSE THAN MADDOX. YOU HAVE NO OFFENSE WHATSOEVER.LIFE IS GOOD!

I don't understand what punishment you are taking for being wrong.
The answer to your stupid question is: Public humiliation, a credibility downgrade and the loss of laughter in answering posts like yours.
Your reply took care of the first two answers, AND your prediction was wrong.So I know two things about you. You are an a**hole and you can't pick football games.

Your thread title is misleading, because doing what you just said above is WEAK compared to truely banishing yourself. Are you that addicted that one week away from this forum (and you're not even leaving, you're just not posting) is even a punishment? I'd consider it doing yourself a favor.
I'm sure Bobblehead's boss will consider it doing the company a favor... :P

Wow, what punishment--banning yourself for a week so you have a legitimate excuse for not responding to all the punking you are taking for making such an A** out of yourself. Sissy. I'll bet we'd have heard all kinds of crap from you if you were right.There is a word with which you should become familiar: HUBRIS.

Damn, bobbleboy was so sure he had me thinking I should throw down some money. Thank goodness I came to my senses. Bottom line JAA's wife is an oracle, everyone else are just wannabes!

Bold for sure. Best thing to do now is make fun of him since he can't post. :lol: Was bold of him to do... Next weeks gambler to step up and make a bold prediction?? HEHHEHE

I'm back....and I will bump it during prime-time tomorrow.Happy F'n Halloween. Here's my costume... :bag:
Dude, I must apologize.I am sure it was me, and me alone, that doomed the Eagles. I gave them the "mortal lock" curse, remember.I hope you didn't get chewed up too bad financially from the loss.

I'm back....and I will bump it during prime-time tomorrow.Happy F'n Halloween. Here's my costume... :bag:
Dude, I must apologize.I am sure it was me, and me alone, that doomed the Eagles. I gave them the "mortal lock" curse, remember.I hope you didn't get chewed up too bad financially from the loss.
Prime-time bump with some notes/misery you might enjoy...The Sat. before the Dallas game, my buddy calls from a comped Four Seasons room in Vegas saying to get up there. :excited: I bite. :yes: We :banned: all night and get back @ about 7:30 A.M. I had the wherewithal to get a wakeup call...while my buddy had the intuition to pull the phone out of the wall once I passed out. :angry: :boxing: Anyway, YES, I missed the morning games. Bare with me here, because it's not what you think. I woke up to see they were all in the second half and go down to the book to watch my dreams shattered. So, now, I'm rooting for Dallas (have no allegiance to Philly), thinking I have just saved myself some dough. And when Dallas pulls it out, I think of the break I got and go straight to the ATM for an afternoon game I can't lose on because no brilliant gambler can go 0 - 2. The gods are with me!My "buddy" convinces me on the Denver over. Fine. His earlier luck/ploy helped...I'll take it. $400 on a bet that was done by half-time...couldn't even get a rush off it. Pockets emptied in less than 24 hours...and the stripper I thought I was about to bang the night before was just looking for coke or X. Go figure.What's worse, is it won't be the last time. :shock: :confused: :wacko: :bag: ***Blackjack at the HardRock is like playing against satan*** :devil:

I'm back....and I will bump it during prime-time tomorrow.Happy F'n Halloween.  Here's my costume... :bag:
Prime-time bump with some notes/misery you might enjoy...The Sat. before the Dallas game, my buddy calls from a comped Four Seasons room in Vegas saying to get up there. :excited: I bite. :yes: We :banned: all night and get back @ about 7:30 A.M. I had the wherewithal to get a wakeup call...while my buddy had the intuition to pull the phone out of the wall once I passed out. :angry: :boxing: Anyway, YES, I missed the morning games. Bare with me here, because it's not what you think. I woke up to see they were all in the second half and go down to the book to watch my dreams shattered. So, now, I'm rooting for Dallas (have no allegiance to Philly), thinking I have just saved myself some dough. And when Dallas pulls it out, I think of the break I got and go straight to the ATM for an afternoon game I can't lose on because no brilliant gambler can go 0 - 2. The gods are with me!My "buddy" convinces me on the Denver over. Fine. His earlier luck/ploy helped...I'll take it. $400 on a bet that was done by half-time...couldn't even get a rush off it. Pockets emptied in less than 24 hours...and the stripper I thought I was about to bang the night before was just looking for coke or X. Go figure.What's worse, is it won't be the last time. :shock: :confused: :wacko: :bag: ***Blackjack at the HardRock is like playing against satan*** :devil:
I've played craps from at The Hard Rock and had about the same luck. I've never won there, you're right it is cursed.Sonny, glad you're back man. You missed my 5 reasons on why Dallas is going to win this week too. Oh well.If you want to get your money back, take Michigan St. plus 4 and double it up on the Lions vs. Raiders. 2 upsets happening in The Great Lake State this weekend.

Tough bets there, I like MState, but not the Lions.I love the Donkeys to rebound versus a squad they have owned in recent years.Hey Sonny - the stripper did you a favor, too. The ones that come to your room have nasty cooch going. (too many bachelor parties to count).

Tough bets there, I like MState, but not the Lions.I love the Donkeys to rebound versus a squad they have owned in recent years.Hey Sonny - the stripper did you a favor, too. The ones that come to your room have nasty cooch going. (too many bachelor parties to count).
Jesus, this is sick. It's like a guy comes back from rehab and his buddies crack a couple of cold ones... :( ........trying..............ugh...........to................resist....................<Colorado State should roll Wyo> :ph34r:

I guess you DID take a bath, but not on the Feebles. I missed that part a bit.Anyway, don't chase losses with more gamblibng unless you can handle losing more $$. Take a break, relax, re-invent your wheel. This has been a rough NFL gambling year.(But if you are looking for even more locks - FState to cover v. Notre dame - ND always gets way too much credit, and FState will tear them a new one)

I guess you DID take a bath, but not on the Feebles. I missed that part a bit.Anyway, don't chase losses with more gamblibng unless you can handle losing more $$. Take a break, relax, re-invent your wheel. This has been a rough NFL gambling year.(But if you are looking for even more locks - FState to cover v. Notre dame - ND always gets way too much credit, and FState will tear them a new one)
I dunno if that is a lock either. ND always bites you in the ### just when you think they are done and can't cover. Now if you are willing to ban yourself for a week, I'd put money on it. :P

How did this guy get back on? Thought he banished himself......
At least Sonny has some credibility. You have none. As in zero. To make matters worse you think you are entertaining. To make matters even worse your avatar....is that like a gay Darth Vader?I don't come around here much so I will probably miss a witty reply from you.My guess "Oh yeah well you suck."Here is what you should reply"Everyone laughs at me and my gay avatar. I try to fool them into thinking it doesn't bother me. But to be honest....my inner child has been molested and I am reaching out. This is my only social outlet. I am the guy that everyone laughed at in the shower, not just for my lack of girth and length, but that funky discoloration. <whimper> But this is the only home I have. My wife kicked me out years ago. I RULE!"

For the record, I am a fan of neither. However, I am a "reformed" compulsive gambler...aren't we all? As such, I follow it, and this is my first 5-Star play of the year. First of all, it is wise to wait and see a month of football before you go big. Well, we're here. And I've seen enough. :boxing: Being an avid contrarian, this line wreaks of hype...on both sides of the ball. The Dallas Bandwagon Train has left the terminal...sold-out. We love you, Bill... :wub: Whereas, the birds that used to flock together are nowhere to be found...dissention, I say! :shock: Only a month ago Philly, would have been favored by 5 or 6 going into little 'd'. Now, not only were they only laying 1, but the herd is betting the cowgirls. I see today we're down to a pick em'. :excited: That's it...I'm in.Have fun getting yards, Mr. average-back Hambrick. And when did Quincy become Donovan...and Carter become McNabb? Did I miss something? How quickly we forget. There are more Rush fans than I thought...The Eagles fly south, to their recent home away from home, to comfortably nest and lay some turds on Bill's new dye job. While the Dallas Bandwagon Train, about to leave the station, stops for "fans" to get off... :no: Bill is great, but not a miracle worker...not in one month. Next year.Philly is not nearly as bad as everyone WANTS to think. And don't worry, I'll bump this either way. My self-imposed banishment will be for one week...not including lurking. :ph34r: No posts for a week! :shock: I ask for nothing in return...only gratitude. ;)
How many great teams seriously have the Iggles beat this year? If you want to talk about a fluke overrated team, it's Philly IMO. What reasons do you have that states they are a lock? Couldn't beat the Boys ealier in the year, the only team above .500 for the last few months was GB (one over) that they beat and if not for NO fumbling at the goal line, could have lost yesterday.I really don't which way I will bet on this game (probably won't) but then the Cowboys can take care of a top NFC team in Carolina, that means something. I just haven't seen Phily really have a significant win this year to really say they will win.

At least Sonny has some credibility. You have none. As in zero. To make matters worse you think you are entertaining. To make matters even worse your avatar....is that like a gay Darth Vader?I don't come around here much so I will probably miss a witty reply from you.My guess "Oh yeah well you suck."Here is what you should reply"Everyone laughs at me and my gay avatar. I try to fool them into thinking it doesn't bother me. But to be honest....my inner child has been molested and I am reaching out. This is my only social outlet. I am the guy that everyone laughed at in the shower, not just for my lack of girth and length, but that funky discoloration. <whimper> But this is the only home I have. My wife kicked me out years ago. I RULE!"
:eek: :rotflmao: :shock: Damn, don't sugar coat it kid. Let him know how you feel. Don't think you will be around too much more to see his reply either.

Dude...seriously...you don't know who that is in his avatar? What...are you 14 or 15 years old?

Friday morning and I am down big time on the Cowboys. They couldn't stop the run or the pass.They aren't the No.1 ranked defense in the league. No, I didn't lose a sig. bet to say it it's just what I and everyone else saw on national T.V.I will say this. Miami looks to be a lot better team with Jay Fiedler. For the sake of the AFC, they better hope Griese goes back in. Fiedler does a nice job of moving around the pocket and making accurate throws on the run.Miami is again a playoff contender and Wanny hasn't been fired just yet!

At least I stick to my guns. If I banished myself, you wouldn't see me posting a month later. Talk about not having credibility.Not sure who has less: you or Sonny. If you don't come here often, then butt out. You haven't been in on the debate from the beginning so you have no say in it now.Yes, he must be 15. My avatar is classic!! Only astute, educated individuals would know the origins.

At least I stick to my guns. If I banished myself, you wouldn't see me posting a month later. Talk about not having credibility.Not sure who has less: you or Sonny. If you don't come here often, then butt out. You haven't been in on the debate from the beginning so you have no say in it now.
Sonny said he'd banish himself for a week, and he did.Anyone reading this thread from the beginning would know that...Boot.

Ok, here we go again? Let's see another prediction. This time you have the home team, are they a lock to win at home against Dallas who just let up 40 points against a stale Miami offense.Is it a lock?

At least I stick to my guns. If I banished myself, you wouldn't see me posting a month later. Talk about not having credibility.Not sure who has less: you or Sonny. If you don't come here often, then butt out. You haven't been in on the debate from the beginning so you have no say in it now.Yes, he must be 15. My avatar is classic!! Only astute, educated individuals would know the origins.
I just read this crap, Brittle.Read the thread before you make allegations. I said ONE week. And I kept my word.Actually, I missed TWO weeks, because Dodds (or whoever got it), didn't return my e-mail asking to get back on.Wow, I used to give you the benefit of the doubt, assuming you acted like a moron just to get attention.I was wrong. You really are a tool. :sp: By the way, my analysis of the overdone "Eagles are terrible" hype was, in actuality, not that far off...just a little premature.Conversely, I would also argue my analysis of the Dallas/Parcells effect getting ahead of itself, was also somewhat true...albeit early.

Users who are viewing this thread