What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I want to expand Congress to 1,000 and divide it by an even 50 States, that will work. If we're gonna expand the Supreme Court then let's go all the w (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
Won't be a long diatribe about it, I tend not to cut and paste and then 1-up folks, it's just not my style so I will start this thread as a sounding board which is what most MoP threads are. We're in the Political cesspool so feel free to grab a broken bottle from behind the bar but be careful because you might get cut. 

-20 Reps per State and everyone gets a fair shake, population surplus is of no matter, don't care how many they cram into Los Angeles and Miami, every state is equal or they are free to go on their own. No longer will the entire country be a slave to urban inner cities which are horrific environments to live, I say that as a Native Miami, Floridian who also spent the better part of a decade in Los Angeles, feel free to post your resume and what exact urban metropolis you have gifted your presence to, otherwise please don't act like you understand anything that is day to day in URBAN AMERICA and I mean it in capital letters. 

-Cheers FBGs

And sincerely, I'm not trying to pick a fight but this gets old and we can keep tracing it back to when the first Jersey Color threw the first grenade but it doesn't end well and 50-100 year wars have been started on much less so I do ask all of you, please please please have mercy on each other and assume we are all on the same side, we just cannot express it the right/same way. 

-Another thread title could have been MoP disagrees "strenuously" with expanding the Supreme Court so please snicker and don't shoot the messenger, just trying to find a way where we can talk and not condemn one another. 

I said Cheers but really I do love most of you so thanks in advance. 

MoP

We have a good set-up as is. Maybe unwind some of the gerrymandering.

No way should 2 Dakotas have double the say as say Cali. They already have too much say with the 4 Senate seats IMO.
The reality is i couldn't disagree more HOWEVER, let's re-read the OP and mind you this General has like 5x the amount of liked Posts that MoP does and I don't believe for a second it's just because he is Left minded and has a big following here. 

Maybe we should get rid of the Dakotas or chop them up into other States? Maybe we should condense or shrink the United Staes from 50 down to say 30-35? We could combine a few States and then base the representation on the new populations? Imagine the entire MidWest becoming one large State, something much larger than California. 

-All kidding aside, California should be it's own country if they want. I lived there for almost a decade and it really never felt like I was in the United States the entire time I was there...I did enjoy my time there but it didn't feel like America. It was very free spirited and progressive, for sure it was all those things but it feels very different than most States i visit and it's fair to ask if they should possibly be their own country, or something separate from the rest of the other States and it is fair to ask about the possibility of a couple States in this mindset, California is certainly not alone but perhaps they should be left to find their own path, the folks there might be happier and should be free to vote themselves OUT of the United States without condemnation from the rest of us. 

The reality is i couldn't disagree more HOWEVER, let's re-read the OP and mind you this General has like 5x the amount of liked Posts that MoP does and I don't believe for a second it's just because he is Left minded and has a big following here. 

Maybe we should get rid of the Dakotas or chop them up into other States? Maybe we should condense or shrink the United Staes from 50 down to say 30-35? We could combine a few States and then base the representation on the new populations? Imagine the entire MidWest becoming one large State, something much larger than California. 

-All kidding aside, California should be it's own country if they want. I lived there for almost a decade and it really never felt like I was in the United States the entire time I was there...I did enjoy my time there but it didn't feel like America. It was very free spirited and progressive, for sure it was all those things but it feels very different than most States i visit and it's fair to ask if they should possibly be their own country, or something separate from the rest of the other States and it is fair to ask about the possibility of a couple States in this mindset, California is certainly not alone but perhaps they should be left to find their own path, the folks there might be happier and should be free to vote themselves OUT of the United States without condemnation from the rest of us. 
A lot to think about here :lol:

I like the PNW chances in this new world order here. Give me Oregon / Washington / Idaho / Alaska and throw in The Big Island. We’ll take NorCal as well.

When and if packing the Supreme Court is ever a real possibility, your argument here will be a worthy one to pursue. But that’s not now. 

Why stop at 1000? The Founders wanted a ratio of 1-per-30,000 persons*, which would be approximately 11,000 representatives in 2021.

*excluding Indians not taxed and three fifths of all other Persons, of course.

Won't be a long diatribe about it, I tend not to cut and paste and then 1-up folks, it's just not my style so I will start this thread as a sounding board which is what most MoP threads are. We're in the Political cesspool so feel free to grab a broken bottle from behind the bar but be careful because you might get cut. 

-20 Reps per State and everyone gets a fair shake, population surplus is of no matter, don't care how many they cram into Los Angeles and Miami, every state is equal or they are free to go on their own. No longer will the entire country be a slave to urban inner cities which are horrific environments to live, I say that as a Native Miami, Floridian who also spent the better part of a decade in Los Angeles, feel free to post your resume and what exact urban metropolis you have gifted your presence to, otherwise please don't act like you understand anything that is day to day in URBAN AMERICA and I mean it in capital letters. 

-Cheers FBGs

And sincerely, I'm not trying to pick a fight but this gets old and we can keep tracing it back to when the first Jersey Color threw the first grenade but it doesn't end well and 50-100 year wars have been started on much less so I do ask all of you, please please please have mercy on each other and assume we are all on the same side, we just cannot express it the right/same way. 

-Another thread title could have been MoP disagrees "strenuously" with expanding the Supreme Court so please snicker and don't shoot the messenger, just trying to find a way where we can talk and not condemn one another. 

MoP
I agree we are all on the same side, I like how you demonstrated that by saying maybe some of these states should get on out and form their own country.

Also no experience in Urban America - but those cities likely makeup a huge part of our economy.  Running from them will tear the economy down (at least in the short term)

Of the originally proposed first twelve amendments to the Constitution, eleven have passed. Ten form the Bill of Rights, and the eleventh passed in 1992 as the 27th Amendment.

It's high time we pass the twelfth. Proposed in 1789, it would set the maximum size of any district at 50,000 constituents -- giving us over 6,000 representatives today.

Of the originally proposed first twelve amendments to the Constitution, eleven have passed. Ten form the Bill of Rights, and the eleventh passed in 1992 as the 27th Amendment.

It's high time we pass the twelfth. Proposed in 1789, it would set the maximum size of any district at 50,000 constituents -- giving us over 6,000 representatives today.
Been saying this for years. The House needs to be much bigger.

I like the PNW chances in this new world order here. Give me Oregon / Washington / Idaho / Alaska and throw in The Big Island. We’ll take NorCal as well.
The remaining states will need a guarantee that the newly formed PNW will not horde the potatoes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been disagreeing with this for years. The Senate is fine.
The Senate is fine, but we don't need two of them. If we're going to to turn the House into the Senate, we should correspondingly turn the Senate into the House for good measure.

-Cheers FBGs

MoP
Nope

— every district split into 10 districts

— every representative spends almost all of their time in their home district

— remote voting and remote debates

Sam Quentin said:
— every district split into 10 districts

— every representative spends almost all of their time in their home district

— remote voting and remote debates
Sounds glorious. Especially the remote voting and debates. Seems so unnecessary to have everyone in DC so much of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread