What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

@icon - should I buy a new Bronco or new Jeep? (1 Viewer)

Otis

Footballguy
I had been looking at Bronco Raptors for a while now and was close and then it dawned on me that I shouldn’t spend $100k on a Ford. Then I got reintroduced to Jeeps this weekend and drove through a few dealers. Saw a High Tide edition up on that 35” rubber with the lift and it looked AWESOME. and was half the price of the raptor. And still fit my use case which is mall crawler roof and doors off smoking a stogie on a nice summer day.

Any reason I should NOT get the Jeep but instead should get a Bronco or Bronco Raptor?

Also note, I have been eyeing the wrangler Rubicon 392 with the 35” tire recon package and it is also incredible. It’s $90k but man 470hp looks fun. Still, unnecessary spend for my use case. The High Tide gets me there at $50k

Talk to me icon. I don’t know how to @ you. Someone send a MOAB bat signal or something pls thx.

Braptor is a bit extra with the 37” tires and flares. I’m a 2 door guy - my Bronco stickered for around $37K and I just upgraded the tires for $1500.

The Grenadier looks interesting. North American pricing is released next week and they will start taking orders in June for late 2023 delivery. Maybe worth checking out if you want something that most people have ever heard of but will likely become an instant classic.

I wouldn't buy anything right now. Prices are inflated and real estate about to become a deal.

Both of these posts.

Grenadier stands out and we know you like that. Plus, not American-made, so that thing should last, though expensive, the maintenance.

For real, that thing looks dope. And Jeeps are overrated, over-priced and way overdone at this point. I had a couple back in the day. The newer ones seem like glorified minivans, from what I hear, though I have not owned one.

ETA tried to quote Bozeman Bruiser but didn't come out that way.

Grenadier stands out and we know you like that. Plus, not American-made, so that thing should last, though expensive, the maintenance.
lmao, you want to talk about American made lasting and you're touting a vehicle made in Britain?

Not really, I'm touting a Look at Me vehicle for Otis Supreme..

I know nothing about British vehicles, but he will get more looks with that thing, than some Jeep, which I've owned (the old ones are better). Also, I've driven Toyotas for years and the wife, and friends for that matter, that go American. Not close. The whole built to last thing is bs. So I stand by the non tongue-in-cheek part.

The Jeep 4xe is the sweet point for cost of ownership. It depreciates extremely slow and it gets the tax rebate as a plug in hybrid. It is one of the vehicles with the lowest cost of ownership over the first 3 years if you are planning on selling it right away.

The Jeep 4xe is the sweet point for cost of ownership. It depreciates extremely slow and it gets the tax rebate as a plug in hybrid. It is one of the vehicles with the lowest cost of ownership over the first 3 years if you are planning on selling it right away.
Well duh.

For real, that thing looks dope. And Jeeps are overrated, over-priced and way overdone at this point. I had a couple back in the day. The newer ones seem like glorified minivans, from what I hear, though I have not owned one.
Meh. Kinda looks like a Range Rover.

Jeeps are cool, hold their value for sure. I've been reading about serious reliability issues for the Bronco, which is unfortunate but probably expected for a new platform.

Don't rule out a 4Runner. Almost as capable as either of those. Much more comfortable ride for the 99% of time you aren't on a trail, and much more reliable than either. Can't go topless though.

eah, those The Jeep 4xe is the sweet point for cost of ownership. It depreciates extremely slow and it gets the tax rebate as a plug in hybrid. It is one of the vehicles with the lowest cost of ownership over the first 3 years if you are planning on selling it right away.
Yeah those are sweet. I know a guy with one and he says going full electric on the trails is a completely different experience - instant torque plus silence.

An old one.

Jeeps are cool, hold their value for sure. I've been reading about serious reliability issues for the Bronco, which is unfortunate but probably expected for a new platform.

Don't rule out a 4Runner. Almost as capable as either of those. Much more comfortable ride for the 99% of time you aren't on a trail, and much more reliable than either. Can't go topless though.

The older ones could. The new ones look like a bulky plastic mess to me but Im sure theyre great. I slo dont like (modern) Toyota interiors.

Neither, they're both American. Honda, Toyota, Nissan? Even Kia and Hyundai have been upping their game.

@Look at Me!!

Yep, it works.
You too can get a Jeep
Also seems to get terrible reviews. Though I test drove in one this weekend and liked it.

Topless is a key point here. My happy place is roof off, doors off, with a cigar and 70s rock blaring as I cruise to the grocery store on a Saturday afternoon to pick up oregano for Mrs. O.

@Look at Me!!

Yep, it works.
You too can get a Jeep
Also seems to get terrible reviews. Though I test drove in one this weekend and liked it.

That is the thing about jeeps, they are stressful to drive above 75mph, they are loud, they are rougher riding at any speed, and they are a stellantis vehicle which means they are one of the worst when it comes to reliability.

Against all odds they are almost always in the lowest 3 depreciating vehicles with the 911 and then the Toyota of the month. Google lowest depreciating vehicle and without fail amongst any list they are there.

The jeep has a decent warranty, so if you don't care about the negatives dive right in. The cost of ownership is pretty cheap those first couple years.

The benefit the 4xe specifically has is it gets both tax breaks and it is cheaper to drive from being a plug in.

If you can deal with the fact that you are driving a jeep. I test drove one a few times over a couple months and I could not pull the trigger. I love buying cars and it makes economic sense, but driving a jeep wrangler is not a fun experience in Houston traffic .

Topless is a key point here. My happy place is roof off, doors off, with a cigar and 70s rock blaring as I cruise to the grocery store on a Saturday afternoon to pick up oregano for Mrs. O.
Polaris Slingshot is the way to go for this use-case.

Didn't know Jeeps hold their value THAT well. As well as Toyota? Let's see it.

Reliability for a new FORD Bronco can't be good. I'd bet money on that without ever looking it up. I have a post in that thread about being out of your mind if you buy the first year model. Or just having funny money, which, well good for you!

4Runner blows doors on all of them, all things considered, and it's not even close.

Reliability for a new FORD Bronco can't be good. I'd bet money on that without ever looking it up. I have a post in that thread about being out of your mind if you buy the first year model. Or just having funny money, which, well good for you!

4Runner blows doors on all of them, all things considered, and it's not even close.
I’d look at a 4Runner if the roof came off.

Love my Bronco - have had it for about 5 months now. Not a single issue - such a fun ride.

Spent no where near 100k for it.

Here on L.I. You will never use the Braptor for its intended use - rock crawling.

Good choices. My is a Singer DLS and their new Turbo. Though to be honest that would just begin the list. Lol.
I had to look that one up. My god, I think I fell in love. Time to go buy a Powerball ticket.

I’d look at a 4Runner if the roof came off.
Not me, wife mentioned slight interest but it's not an attractive vehicle and the Car and Driver review is pretty bad.

IMO looks more the G-Wagon than a Rover.

My pushback against the bronco would be there are A LOT of them out in the wild, especially in affluent areas which I’m sure Otis lives in. You’re going to see yourself coming and going quite a bit/aren’t unique.

Just something to consider.

My pushback against the bronco would be there are A LOT of them out in the wild, especially in affluent areas which I’m sure Otis lives in. You’re going to see yourself coming and going quite a bit/aren’t unique.

Just something to consider.
There certainly won’t be scarcity value in a Jeep either.

But the Broncos are pricier and aren’t really doing anything more for me/aren’t necessary for my use case. Just saw one on a lot at Ford. It was nearly $20k more, after the $10k dealer markup. The pretty spartan Jeep without all the luxury add ons will probably do what I need.

Users who are viewing this thread