What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

IDP Help Needed (1 Viewer)

petey13ca

Footballguy
I have a question I need help with.  I am becoming more familiar with deeper idp, but I’m in a very deep idp league and that’s where I struggle and can’t seem to find good info on some players.  Can you tell me if any of these guys have a chance to contribute moving forward in dynasty or if it’s best I cut bait:

Kwiatkowski Chi

Reeves-Maybin Det

Rileyu Atl

Jake Ryan

Melifonwu NE

Phillips DT Buf

Shelton DT NE

M. Peirce DE Bal

A Taylor LB Clev

Conte S TB

Vellejo LB Ari

Harlan Miller

We start 11 idp per week for some context.  Even a couple words on each would be like gold.  Thanks so much for considering responding.

I have a question I need help with.  I am becoming more familiar with deeper idp, but I’m in a very deep idp league and that’s where I struggle and can’t seem to find good info on some players.  Can you tell me if any of these guys have a chance to contribute moving forward in dynasty or if it’s best I cut bait:

Kwiatkowski Chi

Reeves-Maybin Det

Rileyu Atl

Jake Ryan

Melifonwu NE

Phillips DT Buf

Shelton DT NE

M. Peirce DE Bal

A Taylor LB Clev

Conte S TB

Vellejo LB Ari

Harlan Miller

We start 11 idp per week for some context.  Even a couple words on each would be like gold.  Thanks so much for considering responding.
If it’s DT-required rather than a combined DL league, then Shelton has some value there.  DT is like TE...there aren’t enough good ones for everybody so you end up with big tiers of longshot guys on rosters.  I think Shelton is ahead of that level and an acceptable low-end starter candidate.

Pierce won’t light the world on fire, but there is a lot of vacated QB pressures in Balt and he is in line for more work.  A worthy gamble.

I still like Reeves-Maybin but LB in Detroit is crowded.  I used to like Riley but he’s been disappointing.  Deep leagues he’s still rosterable but wouldn’t want to start him.  On the other hand both Ryan and Kwoatkowski should be strong bench values.  Both are reliable middle-tier producers.

Nothing else on the list interests me at all.

If it’s DT-required rather than a combined DL league, then Shelton has some value there.  DT is like TE...there aren’t enough good ones for everybody so you end up with big tiers of longshot guys on rosters.  I think Shelton is ahead of that level and an acceptable low-end starter candidate.

Pierce won’t light the world on fire, but there is a lot of vacated QB pressures in Balt and he is in line for more work.  A worthy gamble.

I still like Reeves-Maybin but LB in Detroit is crowded.  I used to like Riley but he’s been disappointing.  Deep leagues he’s still rosterable but wouldn’t want to start him.  On the other hand both Ryan and Kwoatkowski should be strong bench values.  Both are reliable middle-tier producers.

Nothing else on the list interests me at all.
No love for Phillips in DT required leagues?

Kwiatkowski Chi

Reeves-Maybin Det

Rileyu Atl

Jake Ryan

Melifonwu NE

Phillips DT Buf

Shelton DT NE

M. Peirce DE Bal

A Taylor LB Clev

Conte S TB

Vellejo LB Ari

Harlan Miller

Great response by Arodin. I will add my 2 cents...

I am a big fan of Kwiatkowski and he will be a FA after this year. I have been stashing him in my leagues (16 team, 43 man rosters) but have a lot of room to do so.

I am a fan of Phillips and think he is at  least a hold in DT required leagues. 

The others don't excite me.

As has been mentioned there aren't really any must keeps in that list.  Starting requirements do play a role though because there are a couple DT that are decent to roll the dice with as mentioned above.  Everybody else is waiver fodder for the most part.  Very interchangeable depending on injuries as the season approaches. 

Users who are viewing this thread