What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If I were to move from Milwaukee? (** Now in Vegas with a Vasectomy **) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

offdee

Footballguy
Agree Summerlin is superior, but frankly Henderson is nice, too. It listed as #1 in the nation for adult and family recreation some time ago.

I used to play baseball, flag football, golf tournaments, and a **** ton of softball in the Henderson area. IIRC you played QB for Whitewater (notable to me because I am a Johnnie), so if sports are still your thing let me know.
Solid notebooking GB. If you need someone to drop dimes on the flag football field, get in touch.

Zow

Footballguy
Agree Summerlin is superior, but frankly Henderson is nice, too. It listed as #1 in the nation for adult and family recreation some time ago.

I used to play baseball, flag football, golf tournaments, and a **** ton of softball in the Henderson area. IIRC you played QB for Whitewater (notable to me because I am a Johnnie), so if sports are still your thing let me know.
Solid notebooking GB. If you need someone to drop dimes on the flag football field, get in touch.
I definitely did about a decade ago. Sadly, my current physical fitness (thanks to kids and billables) has relegated me to the golf course the last few years and I'd be embarrassed to try to run a good route these days. I'll reach out though to a contact I think I still have who plays to see if he's got a line somewhere.

Osaurus

Footballguy
Random moving question: I need to get boxes to start packing things up. Where's the best place to get moving boxes for a decent price?
Check craigslist or Facebook marketplace.
Good call. Just checked Craigslist and found 22 UHaul boxes for $15 nearby. Appreciate it GB.
You can also put a request on Freecycle too for your area of town. You might get lucky (with free boxes that is)

parasaurolophus

Footballguy
Random moving question: I need to get boxes to start packing things up. Where's the best place to get moving boxes for a decent price?
Check craigslist or Facebook marketplace.
Good call. Just checked Craigslist and found 22 UHaul boxes for $15 nearby. Appreciate it GB.
No. Dont. My biggest regret about our move from MKE to CO was not putting my foot down on all the stupid boxes my wife got for free.

Buy two sizes. Get the heavy duty boxes. And that is it. It will pack so much easier. Can stack higher. Boxes wont break.

I highly reco the heavy duty boxes at lowes. Our first container was a crap show. Our second container was beautiful. Spend the money. You wont regret it.

Terminalxylem

Footballguy
Also if you want hiking recommendations for pretty much anywhere within an hour of vegas, I am your guy.
Where are the best hikes in the Red Rock area? I’ve spent a lot of time climbing there, and know the major canyons. All the approaches are unshaded and consequently, hot as ****.

parasaurolophus

Footballguy
Also if you want hiking recommendations for pretty much anywhere within an hour of vegas, I am your guy.
Where are the best hikes in the Red Rock area? I’ve spent a lot of time climbing there, and know the major canyons. All the approaches are unshaded and consequently, hot as ****.
Well if heat is a concern, I strongly recommend the spring mountains. The weather there is pretty awesome in the warmer months. 45 minutes from the strip. Bristlecone pines and aspen trees. It is beautiful.

Terminalxylem

Footballguy
Well if heat is a concern, I strongly recommend the spring mountains. The weather there is pretty awesome in the warmer months. 45 minutes from the strip. Bristlecone pines and aspen trees. It is beautiful.
Good to know. But I also was curious where the best hikes were in RRC. Which of these would you recommend and why?

parasaurolophus

Footballguy
Good to know. But I also was curious where the best hikes were in RRC. Which of these would you recommend and why?
Bridge mountain is my favorite of those.

It's a pretty tough hike with multiple types of terrain. Some pretty fun stretches where you are on sandstone steps for lack of a better term. There are nice arrows painted telling you which way to go at any of the tricky spots. It's mostly sandstone and desert scrub on the way up, but then there is an arch, a pond, and a few bristlecone pines at the top. Also what I think is the best view of the strip.

Most of those other hikes are lame. I like turtlehead if you have a shorter time frame and want a good fitness hike. Solid views at the top. I have hiked turtlehead at least 15 times and have never gone the same way twice. Not really by choice, just I find the trail kinda hard to follow at various points. But it is almost always easy to find a way up. Best advice I can give on the way up is left is best when faced with a decision. If you get too far right there are some sketchy spots that you might have to climb some 10-12 foot straight up sections. They aren't that difficult, but with a pack on it gets a little cramped and easy to get snagged in a few spots.

Ice box canyon is a fun little hike with this at the end.

If you are looking for a little less crowded hike then my favorite is called Little Zion, AKA the Park. Less people, solid shot at seeing bighorn sheep, and a super cool slick rock limestone patch that you could skateboard on. Its kinda wild. Some pretty cool views of here too.

Little Zion map and guide.

Osaurus

Footballguy
Just did Calico Hills, Keystone Thrust, and Willow Spring loop last Thursday. Bring way more water than you think you need. I did not and it was rough.

offdee

Footballguy

I'm not a hiker, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't fall in love with it. For a first time hike in Vegas, but one that would make me fall in love with it....what's your suggestion? (I love photography so views and photo ops a plus). And also tell me exactly what I'd need with me to literally not die on a mountainside.

belljr

Footballguy

I'm not a hiker, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't fall in love with it. For a first time hike in Vegas, but one that would make me fall in love with it....what's your suggestion? (I love photography so views and photo ops a plus). And also tell me exactly what I'd need with me to literally not die on a mountainside.
Red rock has some short trails with good pics for beginners.

One year my wife and I on a whim did that and we managed fine on the 1 mile trails. And we weren't overly prepared nor hikers

offdee

Footballguy
I had a first date with a 36 yr old last night (offdee 7.5, amazing huge perky naturals). Literally told her that I'd only be in town for another 3 weeks and if she's cool with that. She left my place at 6:30am this morning to go home and get ready for a first interview at 9am. Women are both crazy and awesome sometimes.

Bozeman Bruiser

Footballguy
If you still have a Facebook account you can join a Las Vegas hiking group, there are a handful of them with anywhere from a few hundred to 30k members. (in case you are unfamiliar with FB groups, just click the search option, type in "las vegas hiking" and sort by groups). I am in a few hiking groups for AZ and NM and people post trip reports and photos every day of the hikes they are doing, which can give you some ideas. The groups tend to be 70% female 30% male and the women in general are pretty fit. You could probably play the "just moved to town, never been hiking in the southwest, can anyone give me some recommendations or maybe do a meetup this weekend and show me the ropes" card. Results may vary from a couple of old ladies who drive Subarus to young onfyfans stars looking for content.

You will be getting to town during the prime hiking season since the weather will finally be cooling off.

parasaurolophus

Footballguy

Almost anything in the spring mountains will give you great views, have well marked trails, and not really need much for gear. Basically just trail shoes and water.

Terminalxylem

Footballguy

Dessert hiking is a rough place to start. Between the heat, dust, poisonous animals and thorny plants, I wouldn’t recommend it as an introduction to hiking. Not to say you shouldn’t try it, but there a much better spots to hike within a few hours of Vegas - the Grand, Antelope and Bryce Canyons and Zion NP, to name a few.

parasaurolophus

Footballguy

Dessert hiking is a rough place to start. Between the heat, dust, poisonous animals and thorny plants, I wouldn’t recommend it as an introduction to hiking. Not to say you shouldn’t try it, but there a much better spots to hike within a few hours of Vegas - the Grand, Antelope and Bryce Canyons and Zion NP, to name a few.
This is not desert hiking. I beat this drum all the time because it is just such a beautiful area and it is free.

Terminalxylem

Footballguy

This is not desert hiking. I beat this drum all the time because it is just such a beautiful area and it is free.
Fair enough. How far is that from Mount Charleston?

gianmarco

Footballguy

I don't know about you, but dessert hiking doesn't sound rough. It sounds delicious!

ChiefD

Footballguy

I don't know about you, but dessert hiking doesn't sound rough. It sounds delicious!
I'm a big fan of the Rocky Road trail.

parasaurolophus

Footballguy

I'm a big fan of the Rocky Road trail.
Watch out for mudslides.

offdee

Footballguy
The packing process has begun. Yesterday removed all art from walls and spackled all holes. Today is box packing all day with football on in the background.

The next chain of events..
  • 10/4 (Tuesday): Ship container gets dropped off by Noon
    • paid extra $50 to guarantee time, and my Dad helping me load big/heavy stuff
  • 10/5 (Wednesday): Ship container gets picked up to be delivered to Vegas
    • My apt "doesn't allow shipping containers" and I basically told them, whatever, it's happening and if you want to fine me go ahead. Normally these pods stay for 3 days but I found a way for them to pick up next day so I'll only have it in my apt lot for one night.
    • I will then live like a broke college student for 3 weeks on a blow up mattress and only my clothes and work laptop with me.
  • 10/17-10/20: 25 hr drive to Vegas over 4 days and crash in motels for 3 nights
    • I won't have any of my stuff anyways since it takes 10-14 biz days for ship container to arrive in Vegas, so I might as well take my time on the drive and sleep on motel beds versus a blow up mattress in my apartment.
  • 10/20-10/26: Window of my container being delivered to Vegas apartment
    • This is 10-14 biz days...so worst case scenario it comes on 10/26, but I'm hoping it arrives earlier.
    • Whenever the container arrives I've got 2 guys from Hire a Helper at the ready to unload the container and take everything up to my 3rd floor Vegas Apt. I have these guys for 2 hrs for $220 total...so worth it.
  • 10/28: Empty Ship container picked up and removed from Vegas apt lot
So, by 10/29 I should be pretty well settled in and can start enjoying my new life. Halloween in Vegas anybody?

Last edited:

offdee

Footballguy
I had a first date with a 36 yr old last night (offdee 7.5, amazing huge perky naturals). Literally told her that I'd only be in town for another 3 weeks and if she's cool with that. She left my place at 6:30am this morning to go home and get ready for a first interview at 9am. Women are both crazy and awesome sometimes.
Update on this one..

I realized who she reminds me of, for a visual... Shailene Woodley with natural 34D's.

She texted saying she wanted to see me again before I leave so we setup to have sushi Thursday night. I told her I don't do dinners on date #1 until chemistry is confirmed so it was a little joke on the date that she was only worth drinks at that point. My text convo...

Amanda: I'm free Thursday night
offdee: You're not free anymore. You're mine Thurs night.
Amanda: I like the sound of that (kissing emoji)
offdee: You've achieved sushi status
Amanda: oh yay!
offdee: Looking forward to it.
Amanda: I'm looking forward to it as well (kissing emoji)
offdee: Just a pre warning for you...if you come back to my place I'll literally have a half of a couch and a blow up mattress there. Classy I know. lol We can role play being in college again.
Amanda: Oh my! haha

offdee

Footballguy
I told her I don't do dinners on date #1 until chemistry is confirmed
You actually say this out loud to women?

I do. I'm very open and honest, and ultimately being this blunt... which reads as "real" and "confident", is attractive to women. Hot women don't want a nice cookie cutter guy...they want to be intrigued (and in a weird way, almost lightly offended). Ever hear the saying "don't put P on a pedestal" ? Just how it works.

Mr.Pack

Footballguy

How long ago did you play for WW?

offdee

Footballguy

1999-2003. Before they started winning 10 nat’l titles in a row. I was a playoff one and done type QB.

Last edited:

Terminalxylem

Footballguy
Update on this one..

I realized who she reminds me of, for a visual... Shailene Woodley with natural 34D's.

She texted saying she wanted to see me again before I leave so we setup to have sushi Thursday night. I told her I don't do dinners on date #1 until chemistry is confirmed so it was a little joke on the date that she was only worth drinks at that point. My text convo...

offdee: Just a pre warning for you...if you come back to my place I'll literally have a half of a couch and a blow up mattress there. Classy I know. lol We can role play being in college again.
Interesting how forward you are. Never would have been so presumptuous in my (remote) dating days. It probably helps to screen with online interactions before meeting in-person.

Double kissing emoji sounds promising, but do women ever call you out on the bluntness?

Caveman33

Footballguy
Update on this one..

The perks of being a 7.5. From a homely guy, this probably would not be smooth. I like honesty and bluntness but I've never been good at flirtation. It was always forced and unnatural. I remember texting a girl something like "pencil me in..." Reflecting upon my past makes me cringe.

Terminalxylem

Footballguy
Update on this one..

The perks of being a 7.5. From a homely guy, this probably would not be smooth. I like honesty and bluntness but I've never been good at flirtation. It was always forced and unnatural. I remember texting a girl something like "pencil me in..." Reflecting upon my past makes me cringe.
I don’t know where I’d qualify on his scale, but I never had trouble finding dates. Still, I recoil a little at how assertive he is in that interaction.

Caveman33

Footballguy
Update on this one..

I don’t know where I’d qualify on his scale, but I never had trouble finding dates. Still, I recoil a little at how assertive he is in that interaction.
I think the assertivenes is fine. But I struggle to understand these situations from the female perspective. My dating history is limited and I rarely ever attracted any women who wanted flings or FWBs. All the women who expressed interest seemed to be infatuated and blind to my faults. I would terminate things quickly because I worry about taking advantage or hurt feelings. But apparently there are women out there who simply want sex and I'm jealous of playboys like offdee who get to enjoy these casual flings.

*I have received a decent amount of hook-up offers from gay men. I sort of wish I was gay.

Soootch

Footballguy
Yo, babe, you’re cooking me ravioli in my apartment and then I’m gonna xxxx that xxx xxxxx xxxxx like I’m the ****ing Gordon’s Fisherman, then you’re making yourself scarce, Offdee don’t share a bed until dat xxx is certified USDA Prime, capiche?? And it’s BYOB, trick.

Soootch

Footballguy
Update on this one..

I think the assertivenes is fine. But I struggle to understand these situations from the female perspective. My dating history is limited and I rarely ever attracted any women who wanted flings or FWBs. All the women who expressed interest seemed to be infatuated and blind to my faults. I would terminate things quickly because I worry about taking advantage or hurt feelings. But apparently there are women out there who simply want sex and I'm jealous of playboys like offdee who get to enjoy these casual flings.

*I have received a decent amount of hook-up offers from gay men. I sort of wish I was gay.
I lived in Midtown Atlanta for two years and never received one proposition from a gay dude :kicksrock:

Caveman33

Footballguy
Update on this one..

I lived in Midtown Atlanta for two years and never received one proposition from a gay dude :kicksrock:
It is a nice self-esteem boost. Last month, one of my classmates told me he was polyamorous and he wanted to take me to his fancy house and ride around on his boat. Thankfully, I bailed on that offer and he dropped the class soon after.

Soootch

Footballguy
Update on this one..

It is a nice self-esteem boost. Last month, one of my classmates told me he was polyamorous and he wanted to take me to his fancy house and ride around on his boat. Thankfully, I bailed on that offer and he dropped the class soon after.
Only guy I’d give it up for is Sean Lee from the Cowboys. Just a gorgeous man, and has that vibe like he’d really bring it. If you’re gonna go down that road, no half measures imo.

mr. furley

Footballguy

years ago, at a bar with a group of friends. my roommate and i were posted at the bar waiting for a bartender.

two guys rolled up and offered to buy us drinks. me, not being interested in men, declined the offer.. chatted for a minute.. got my drink and went to find my other friends.

my roommate, also not interested in men, stayed and let them buy him a couple rounds. his reasoning being "free drinks, man! chicks do it to me all the time!" hard to argue against that one.

Mr.Pack

Footballguy

1999-2003. Before they started winning 10 nat’l titles in a row. I was a playoff one and done type QB.
Had a few friends who played there prior (89-92ish) Mostly baseball players, one Pitcher made it to AAA for awhile

Terminalxylem

Footballguy
Update on this one..

Of course good looks, financial stability, and “game” help (not necessarily in that order). But some of it is the age he’s targeting. Women in their 30’s and up tend to know what they want, and are less into cat-and-mouse play than younger women. And I think the apps one uses probably narrow it down further to casual (ie. sex) vs. serious (long term romantic) dating.

Terminalxylem

Footballguy
Update on this one..

Update on this one..

Yeah, it’s crazy to think how different dating must be in the msm world. My gay friend from high school has described it to me on a few occasions, in graphic detail. He’s married, middle aged but still has extramarital casual sex fairly frequently.

If you’re curious, I suggest the new Netflix Dahmer documentary. Looks like fun-and-games until the cannibals show up.

Terminalxylem

Footballguy

years ago, at a bar with a group of friends. my roommate and i were posted at the bar waiting for a bartender.

two guys rolled up and offered to buy us drinks. me, not being interested in men, declined the offer.. chatted for a minute.. got my drink and went to find my other friends.

my roommate, also not interested in men, stayed and let them buy him a couple rounds. his reasoning being "free drinks, man! chicks do it to me all the time!" hard to argue against that one.
Your old roomie should also watch the Dahmer doc.

ChiefD

Footballguy
I’m glad this thread took this turn.

And btw, if you are not gay and a gay guy hits on you, consider it the ultimate compliment. Means you are attractive to BOTH sides.

You are the Power Ranger of the dating world.

Caveman33

Footballguy
Update on this one..

Update on this one..

Yeah, it’s crazy to think how different dating must be in the msm world. My gay friend from high school has described it to me on a few occasions, in graphic detail. He’s married, middle aged but still has extramarital casual sex fairly frequently.

If you’re curious, I suggest the new Netflix Dahmer documentary. Looks like fun-and-games until the cannibals show up.
I'd like to watch that documentary. Last year, I briefly lived with a gay couple who engaged in open relationships. They told me about the cruising spots around town and even had an app that tracked how many people were at one. They would take GHB recreationally. The one guy was quite funny. I was eating dinner that he cooked when he offered GHB to another guest and then turned to me and said, "Don't worry, I put some in your food so you'll be feeling it soon." They and their friends were always laughing and having a good time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread