What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If Qbs were reversed (1 Viewer)

If the QBs were reversed, whod have the best chance to win?

• Steelers with Hasselbeck

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seahawks with Rothlisberger

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I vote Seahawks with Ben because I don't think a QB who has a running game like the Seahawks have needs to do as much as a QB who has to make due with FWP and the bus.

I went with Steelers because I think it's their defense that will make the difference. Both QB's are capable.

I vote Seahawks with Ben because I don't think a QB who has a running game like the Seahawks have needs to do as much as a QB who has to make due with FWP and the bus.
"make due"?I can't remember a steelers team that wasn't a tough running team

Seattle...#3 rushing teamPittsburgh....#5 rushing team

Not a big difference at all.

Its funny that the results are what they are considering that there are many who think Big Ben is in the elite tier for QBs.

Its funny that the results are what they are considering that there are many who think Big Ben is in the elite tier for QBs.

"make due"?

I can't remember a steelers team that wasn't a tough running team
Seattle...#3 rushing team

Pittsburgh....#5 rushing team

It might not be a big difference, but it is a difference. Is it a bigger difference than the defense? Perhaps. I didn't read the question to necessarily suggest that the opponent would be the same, just that the QBs would be reversed.

Maybe this is more just a reflection that people think the overall team of the Steelers is better than the overall team of the Seahawks. It may not have much as much to do with the comparison between the 2 qbs.

Maybe this is more just a reflection that people think the overall team of the Steelers is better than the overall team of the Seahawks. It may not have much as much to do with the comparison between the 2 qbs.
Well then Big Ben shouldn't get as much credit as he is for his playoff record, now should he.

Well then Big Ben shouldn't get as much credit as he is for his playoff record, now should he.
I agree with you but you can't deny that he's done a great job in the situation that he's been in. I think most of the voters on here feel that Hasslebeck would do just as good a job as Ben has in the Steeler system. I happen to agree.

And just for the record, even though I'm a steeler fan, I don't necessarily think the Steelers are a better team than the Seahawks. I think the Steelers will win for this reason alone--they are more battle tested than probably any playoff team in the history of the nfl. They've had such a difficult road to get here that I just can't see them faltering now. Going by talent alone, these 2 teams are pretty comparable I think.

And just for the record, even though I'm a steeler fan, I don't necessarily think the Steelers are a better team than the Seahawks. I think the Steelers will win for this reason alone--they are more battle tested than probably any playoff team in the history of the nfl. They've had such a difficult road to get here that I just can't see them faltering now. Going by talent alone, these 2 teams are pretty comparable I think.
On the same token, you can say that the Steelers are so battle tested and have had a tough run to get here that they will be worn out and will falter.You can't measure intangibles and people can look at them from either way.

Roth is a second-year QB; if he's performing at Matt Hasselbeck's level already, it's realistic to expect his career will rival the best of his generation. Hasselbeck is in his seventh year in the league and his fifth as starter, and he's definitely among the top 10 QBs in the NFL.

I think both Quarterbacks are good. But I think, based on the complexity of the west coast offence, that it would take Big Ben longer to master the Seahawks offense then visa versa.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the same token, you can say that the Steelers are so battle tested and have had a tough run to get here that they will be worn out and will falter.You can't measure intangibles and people can look at them from either way.
Agreed. It's just a matter of opinion and perspective and being a Steeler's fan, mine is obviously different than yours. Good luck to your team this weekend on what I hope will be a great game.

Seattle...#3 rushing teamPittsburgh....#5 rushing team

However, what we have seen as of late is that the Steelers are becoming increasingly one-dimensional - they cannot run the football. They got away with it vs the Broncos but historically-speaking you expect a team turning one-dimensional like that to start throwing lots of INTs.Now, the Sehawks played a complete game in whipping the Panthers. Far more impressive.

I think both Quarterbacks are good. But I think, based on the complexity of the west coast offence, that it would take Big Ben longer to master the Seahawks then visa versa.
That is another reason why I cite to the running game. As somebody mentioned above, Pittsburgh is increasingly a passing team. The game would be on Matt's back, and he isn't familiar with the system. Ben would have to do less because he could rely on Alexander. His lack of knowledge about the system would be less devastating.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think both Quarterbacks are good. But I think, based on the complexity of the west coast offence, that it would take Big Ben longer to master the Seahawks then visa versa.
That is another reason why I cite to the running game. As somebody mentioned above, Pittsburgh is increasingly a passing team. The game would be on Matt's back, and he isn't familiar with the system. Ben would have to do less because he could rely on Alexander. His lack of knowledge about the system would be less devastating.
:confused: The Steelers ran the ball more than any team in the league this season. 549 rush attempts, 378 pass attempts. That's nearly 60% on the ground, which is unheard of in today's NFL. Statistically I would venture a guess that they're the most run-oriented team in the NFL in the past 10 years. If they aren't, they're close.

If anything, the exact opposite of what you said would be true.

I don't think they're increasingly a passing team.I think a good D schemes to stop the run and might leave something open so they attack with the pass. A couple years back when the Pats openned the season with Dillon, I believe they started their first game with like 20 straight passes or somesuch.

The gameplan might be X but the D is giving almost inviting you to do Y so you adjust the gameplan.

IMO it doesn't make Pitt a pass happy team

:confused:

The Steelers ran the ball more than any team in the league this season. 549 rush attempts, 378 pass attempts. That's nearly 60% on the ground, which is unheard of in today's NFL. Statistically I would venture a guess that they're the most run-oriented team in the NFL in the past 10 years. If they aren't, they're close.

If anything, the exact opposite of what you said would be true.
I disagree. You're looking at attempts. Let's look at results:Steelers: 5327 yards of total offense. 2223 rushing yards (41.7%). 3104 passing yards (58.2%)

Seahawks: 6089 yards of total offense. 2457 rushing yards (40.3%). 3632 passing yards (59.6%)

Now, let's factor in the attempts. You already mentioned that the Steelers had 928 attempts. 549 were rushing attempts. 379 were passing attempts.

The Seahawks had 993 attempts. 519 were rushing attempts. 474 were passing attempts.

Combining those figures, we get:

Steelers: 5.74 yards per attempt. 4.05 yards per rushing attempt. 8.19 yards per passing attempt.

Seahawks: 6.13 yards per attempt. 4.73 yards per rushing attempt. 7.66 yards per passing attempt.

The Seahawks were upwards of a yard per rush more effective than the Steelers were while the Steelers were more successful in the passing game on a per attempt basis.

The Steelers may have run more often than the Seahawks, but they were much less effective at it than the Seahawks were.

Users who are viewing this thread