What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If the Ravens let Jamal go. (1 Viewer)

Traders2001

Footballguy
IThey know what Taylor can do , in fact they liked him better then Jamal.

SO why would they let both walk . They dont have such a bad team ,

They need to get a QB but otherwise the defense is still good , at WR they are set .

They could be playoff contender if they would just sign a QB and keep Taylor.

There are a lot of third down backs who can be had for a lot cheaper than the money it will take to sign Taylor. Ravens need a feature back. While it would make some sense to keep Taylor and draft Lendale White, its way to soon to think White will be a Raven.

Maybe the team is just ready to give up on Boller and rebuild. When rebuilding, you usually want to get your RB last. Lewis and Taylor are expensive and geting older. If the team is going to rebuild a new contender, neither will be a part of the next go around.

IThey know what Taylor can do , in fact they liked him better then Jamal.

SO why would they let both walk . They dont have such a bad team ,

They need to get a QB but otherwise the defense is still good , at WR they are set .

They could be playoff contender if they would just sign a QB and keep Taylor.
Because he's an average back and they would need to pay him FA money. Why not draft a rookie who's younger and pay him less. I've also read on the board that his attitude wasn't the best last year and felt some animosity towards the team for matching his offer sheet and spoliling his chance at being a starter. The plan mid season was to use Chester down the stretch they reverted back to Jamal perhaps due to these issues.

I think the real reason was posted by Ravnzfan a couple weeks ago ---- Chester Taylor started blowing off practices near the end of last year, and Billick has had enough of that.

With the glut of top FA RBs it is a buyer's market. Why should the Ravens sign either Jamal or Taylor when someone better may be available at a similar price? Also I think alot of teams are holding off on resigning their own FAs while the CBA is still being figured out.

Users who are viewing this thread