What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If there were fantasy Rookie drafts held today (1 Viewer)

• Darren McFadden

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matt Forte

• Jonathan Stewart

• Rashard Mendenhall

• Kevin Smith

• Ray Rice

• Chris Johnson

• Steve Slaton

• Felix Jones

• Tim Hightower

• Eddie Royal

• DeSean Jackson

• other

• Total voters
1. Mcfadden

2. Forte

3. CJ3

4. Stewart

5. Slaton

6. FJones

7. Ryan

8. Jackson

9. Royal

10. Rice

11. Hightower

12. Avery

13. Flacco

14. Hardy

15. Mendenhall

Last edited by a moderator:
How did I miss this thread 2 weeks ago?Right now:1. CJ32. Stew3. Forte4. DMC5. Slaton6. Jackson7. Royal8. Mendenhall9. Ryan10. Felix11. Rice12. FlaccoObviously this will differ in different formats. Ryan/Flacco get bumped to 5 or 6 in 2 QB leagues.
:unsure: WHERE IS HIGHTOWER?!

10. Rice

11. Hightower

12. Avery

13. Flacco

14. Hardy

15. Mendenhall
:popcorn: It's very hard to judge a rookie class this early in their careers. With such a small sample size of games, it's almost impossible to say with any authority who's for real and who's a fraud. This is especially true of the WRs and QBs since they usually take 2-3 years to develop. That said, I think I'd break it down like this by position:

QB

1. Matt Ryan - Showing flashes of talent and intangibles. Could be startable as early as next season if he keeps improving.

2. Joe Flacco - Still just a project with a high ceiling.

RB

1. Jonathan Stewart - Like what I've seen so far. Should be a stud eventually.

2. Chris Johnson - Probably overrated, but you can't ignore the pedigree and the early results.

3. Felix Jones - Impressive early results. Think he could be better than CJ when it's all said and done.

4. Rashard Mendenhall - Injury and slow start bump him down a bit. I still think he'll pay dividends eventually.

5. Matt Forte - Solid, but probably overrated. Wouldn't rely on him in a dynasty.

6. Steve Slaton - I'm not a big fan, but he's playing lots of snaps and putting up decent stats.

7. Darren McFadden - RB7 might be too harsh. Not sold on his talent though and the Raiders are a mess.

8. Ray Rice - Good training camp buzz has fizzled. I'm a fan of his skills, but he's in the bermuda triangle right now.

9. Kevin Smith - Not really sold on him. Decent early production though.

10. Tim Hightower - Doing well for a late pick. Starter material? I have my doubts.

11. Tashard Choice - Good player to stash for cheap. Has some talent, but impact could be 2-3 years away (if ever).

WR

1. Eddie Royal - Looks like the real deal to me. Value is somewhere between Holmes and Coles.

2. DeSean Jackson - Impressive start. Might be a little bit of a one trick pony, but it's a good trick.

3. Devin Thomas - Raw with tons of upside. Beginning to contribute.

4. James Hardy - Getting meaningful PT for a good team. You have to like the red zone potential.

5. Jordy Nelson - Doing pretty well so far. Interesting prospect when Driver moves on. Will have to compete with Jones.

6. Malcolm Kelly - Like his talent. Injuries worry me.

7. Donnie Avery - Good athlete with immediate opportunity. Lots of upside. Lots of risk.

TE

1. Dustin Keller - Looks like one of the safer picks in this class. Big upside in the coming years.

2. John Carlson - Good stats and pedigree.

I'm probably highest on Stewart, Keller, and Royal. I think those guys are legit. I also think Felix is the real deal, but it remains to be seen how big of a workload he can handle. Chris Johnson, DeSean Jackson, and Matt Ryan look very promising. I think Mendenhall will eventually be a solid starter in the NFL. If you're a rebuilding team and you can afford to wait 1-2 years, I would consider making a move to get him.

Last edited by a moderator:
10. Rice

11. Hightower

12. Avery

13. Flacco

14. Hardy

15. Mendenhall
:unsure: It's very hard to judge a rookie class this early in their careers. With such a small sample size of games, it's almost impossible to say with any authority who's for real and who's a fraud. This is especially true of the WRs and QBs since they usually take 2-3 years to develop. That said, I think I'd break it down like this by position:

QB

1. Matt Ryan - Showing flashes of talent and intangibles. Could be startable as early as next season if he keeps improving.

2. Joe Flacco - Still just a project with a high ceiling.

RB

1. Jonathan Stewart - Like what I've seen so far. Should be a stud eventually.

2. Chris Johnson - Probably overrated, but you can't ignore the pedigree and the early results.

3. Felix Jones - Impressive early results. Think he could be better than CJ when it's all said and done.

4. Rashard Mendenhall - Injury and slow start bump him down a bit. I still think he'll pay dividends eventually.

5. Matt Forte - Solid, but probably overrated. Wouldn't rely on him in a dynasty.

6. Steve Slaton - I'm not a big fan, but he's playing lots of snaps and putting up decent stats.

7. Darren McFadden - RB7 might be too harsh. Not sold on his talent though and the Raiders are a mess.

8. Ray Rice - Good training camp buzz has fizzled. I'm a fan of his skills, but he's in the bermuda triangle right now.

9. Kevin Smith - Not really sold on him. Decent early production though.

10. Tim Hightower - Doing well for a late pick. Starter material? I have my doubts.

11. Tashard Choice - Good player to stash for cheap. Has some talent, but impact could be 2-3 years away (if ever).

WR

1. Eddie Royal - Looks like the real deal to me. Value is somewhere between Holmes and Coles.

2. DeSean Jackson - Impressive start. Might be a little bit of a one trick pony, but it's a good trick.

3. Devin Thomas - Raw with tons of upside. Beginning to contribute.

4. James Hardy - Getting meaningful PT for a good team. You have to like the red zone potential.

5. Jordy Nelson - Doing pretty well so far. Interesting prospect when Driver moves on. Will have to compete with Jones.

6. Malcolm Kelly - Like his talent. Injuries worry me.

7. Donnie Avery - Good athlete with immediate opportunity. Lots of upside. Lots of risk.

TE

1. Dustin Keller - Looks like one of the safer picks in this class. Big upside in the coming years.

2. John Carlson - Good stats and pedigree.

I'm probably highest on Stewart, Keller, and Royal. I think those guys are legit. I also think Felix is the real deal, but it remains to be seen how big of a workload he can handle. Chris Johnson, DeSean Jackson, and Matt Ryan look very promising. I think Mendenhall will eventually be a solid starter in the NFL. If you're a rebuilding team and you can afford to wait 1-2 years, I would consider making a move to get him.
:goodposting: Very good roundup but u are seriously nuts if you have mendy at 4 still and run DMC that low

:hophead: Very good roundup but u are seriously nuts if you have mendy at 4 still and run DMC that low
Mendenhall - You have to look at the big picture. Yea, he wasn't playing much and he's out for the season with an injury, but he's still a 21 year old first round pick on a team with a great young QB. Unless he's a mammoth bust, he'll probably get his crack at starting in 2010. Guys like Slaton and Forte have beaten him out of the gates, but there's plenty of time for him to catch them. Remember, everyone and their brother had Anthony Thomas ranked ahead of Deuce McAllister after their rookie seasons. You have to try look beyond the early results and determine whose talent is a mirage and whose is legit. Mendenhall isn't a superstar, but I don't see any reason to believe he can't eventually be a productive starter in PIT. McFadden - I've never really felt that his game would translate to the pro level. When I watch him run, I don't see an elite NFL RB. His body type and running style just don't quite align with that I've come to expect. Additionally, the Raiders are a total disaster. They've been in constant rebuilding mode for years and there's no end in sight as long as Al Davis is at the helm. I see McFadden as the perfect storm of an overrated talent and a horrendous organization. RB7 may be harsh based on his college production and his draft pedigree, but I'm certainly not excited about his prospects. I really can't see myself taking him over Stewart, CJ, Felix, Mendy, or Forte. Maybe Slaton.

How did I miss this thread 2 weeks ago?Right now:1. CJ32. Stew3. Forte4. DMC5. Slaton6. Jackson7. Royal8. Mendenhall9. Ryan10. Felix11. Rice12. FlaccoObviously this will differ in different formats. Ryan/Flacco get bumped to 5 or 6 in 2 QB leagues.
:mellow: WHERE IS HIGHTOWER?!
Out of my top 12, probably 13-16ish. I might take Keller and Carlson ahead of him, depends on the format. Maybe Thomas, Hardy and Nelson as well.

buy low on mcfadden in dynasty.

the last two weeks with turf toe have soured some owners. they're worried he didn't take over the starting position with fargas out. he's looked average but he wouldn't have even suited up one of those games if fargas had been healthy.

he looked very very good the first two weeks. he hit the holes hard and broke off several long runs. he'll return to that form again once healthy.

Users who are viewing this thread