What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If you were invited to the White House for dinner with Trump, would you go? (1 Viewer)

If you were invited to the White House for dinner with Trump, would you go?

• Yes (and I do not support Trump)

Votes: 56 34.1%
  • No (and I do not support Trump)

Votes: 97 59.1%
  • Yes (and I support Trump)

Votes: 11 6.7%

• Total voters
I can think of plenty people who held the office that were not particularly nice or good people. If that's the standard you want to use then fine. But I think there's more than a little disingenuousness to say it has little to do with politics.
There's no one else even in the team picture.  I wasn't a fan of George W Bush as a President, but it wasn't because I didn't think he was a good human being. Every President has had a few faults. But none were even comparable to what we currently have in office. He's a top ten worst person on the planet.

The Commish said:
If there are cameras from the news outlets, yes.  Otherwise, why waste my time?
I think for me it’s the opposite. If for some reason I was involved in something notable, like a championship team or something, I’d likely not go. Just a function and here I am in a picture or video with this infamous pol. No thanks. - But if I had some time to go on a personal level, with no danger of endorsement in the press, I’d do it. See the White House, give the Big Orange a piece of my mind, plus enjoy a good meal? What’s not to like?

To clarify, I’d like to see the menu in advance, fast food doesn’t do it for me. I want the White House kitchen.

I don't care how much you hate the dude (and I do), how do you pass this up?  At worst you could troll the dude and get kicked out.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I think for me it’s the opposite. If for some reason I was involved in something notable, like a championship team or something, I’d likely not go. Just a function and here I am in a picture or video with this infamous pol. No thanks. - But if I had some time to go on a personal level, with no danger of endorsement in the press, I’d do it. See the White House, give the Big Orange a piece of my mind, plus enjoy a good meal? What’s not to like?

To clarify, I’d like to see the menu in advance, fast food doesn’t do it for me. I want the White House kitchen.
I wouldn't go if part of a sports team. I could make my point that way. 

I would do it but find some sort of legitimate cause to try and get him to act on.  Like how Kanye got that drug dealer lady out of jail.  Maybe ask him to make it a law that all fantasy football off topic forums need to have the posting of images turned on.  Or make the Monday after the Superbowl a national holiday.  

Could I secretly record the event? If so I want to change my vote to yes. Might be pretty easy to catch him make a racist remark.

Serious answer is - NO.

I do not have an overriding interest in seeing the White House - so the only reason to accept an invitation is because I wanted to meet the man.  I don't want to meet Trump.  I don't want to meet Melania.  There is nothing about Trump that suggests I would want to socialize with him in any fashion.  He is an ####### - and I have no desire to have dinner with #######s - no matter the position they hold in government.
But you would miss out on calling him out in person. That's got to be rewarding.

I would do it but find some sort of legitimate cause to try and get him to act on.  Like how Kanye got that drug dealer lady out of jail.  Maybe ask him to make it a law that all fantasy football off topic forums need to have the posting of images turned on.  Or make the Monday after the Superbowl a national holiday.  
See if he'll appoint Judge Reinhold to the Supreme Court. 

Absolutely I would go. No question.

Not only is the office of the presidency, but my opinion of Trump is currently based solely on what I've observed, heard, or read about.

60-90 minutes with the man himself would be worth more than all of that combined. Even more if I could get a word in edge-wise...

Absolutely I would go. No question.

Not only is the office of the presidency, but my opinion of Trump is currently based solely on what I've observed, heard, or read about.

60-90 minutes with the man himself would be worth more than all of that combined. Even more if I could get a word in edge-wise...
I would say that's a pretty good way to form an opinion about a person.

If I had access to hours of video that showed he/she is an unqualified #######, yes. 
That's cool. But this is a historical figure we're talking about.

I'm not saying anyone's mind will be changed after meeting the guy. But even just confirming an opinion with first-hand experience about someone that clearly affects so many people emotionally and otherwise is an opportunity of a lifetime IMHO.

I'm not saying anyone's mind will be changed after meeting the guy. But even just confirming an opinion with first-hand experience about someone that clearly affects so many people emotionally and otherwise is an opportunity of a lifetime IMHO.
Plus free eats. White house or white castle - I'm in if someone else is buying. 

I would not want to eat with Jeffrey Dahmer - and he was a historic figure.

I would not want to eat with MBS - he is a historic figure.

Maybe I just don't put "historic figures" up on the same pedestal as others.  There are people I fundamentally like, or fundamentally dislike.  I don't care about their station in life. 

Of course I would.  Who wouldn't want to meet one of the two greatest Presidents that have ever served in their lifetime?  

...and I wouldn't give a damn about how much more ice cream he may get.

(no trace at all of TDS in some of these responses.)

I'd go regardless of who the President was at the time.  It's not like anyone gives two craps about whether any of us would show up or any statement we would make anyway.

Hitler was a historical figure too. 

Yes. And I would want to meet him also. I don't constrain my learning about people to just those I like or agree with.
Do you think there is something Hitler might show you in person that would change your mind about him?

”I mean the Holocaust was really bad...don’t get me wrong...but Adolf and I chatted about art and dogs.  He’s pretty down to earth, really.”

I really couldn't because I don't get days off work. Normally, to get a day off, I'd have to close the restaurant for a day. Many things are worth that, but not hanging out with Trump.

I've never heard him say anything enlightening, interesting, or particularly useful to me as a human being. I could only imagine trying to have a personal conversation with him would be some blend of boring and irritating. 

Some questions-

1. Do I have to sign an NDA?

2. Do I have to have the meatloaf?

3. Does it have to be dinner, or can we just Hannity and chill?

4. Do we get to call any world leaders while I’m there or see the nuke button or any other cool stuff?

5. Can I invite other current/former staffers (mooch/hope/haley/Jacob wohl)

6. Any chance I can turn this dinner into an appointment to his cabinet? (Acting AG sounds good)

7. Can I get all the McNugget sauces or just one? McRib off the table?

Of course I would.  Who wouldn't want to meet one of the two greatest Presidents that have ever served in their lifetime?  

...and I wouldn't give a damn about how much more ice cream he may get.

(no trace at all of TDS in some of these responses.)
Stop...it’s not derangement to not want to sit down with this man.  Also calling him one of the two best is laughable.

Stop...it’s not derangement to not want to sit down with this man.  Also calling him one of the two best is laughable.
No.  No TDS here....

I really couldn't because I don't get days off work. Normally, to get a day off, I'd have to close the restaurant for a day. Many things are worth that, but not hanging out with Trump.

I've never heard him say anything enlightening, interesting, or particularly useful to me as a human being. I could only imagine trying to have a personal conversation with him would be some blend of boring and irritating. 
"useful to me as a human being"?  Nope, nothing here.

Do you think there is something Hitler might show you in person that would change your mind about him?

”I mean the Holocaust was really bad...don’t get me wrong...but Adolf and I chatted about art and dogs.  He’s pretty down to earth, really.”
Still good.....

Could I secretly record the event? If so I want to change my vote to yes. Might be pretty easy to catch him make a racist remark.
...keeping with the MSM story..

Yes, insult/annoy a thin skinned autocrat in his own home. What could go wrong?
"autocrat".  Haven't heard that one in awhile.

Hitler was a historical figure too. 
...and there it is....we've made it to a "Hitler" comparison....conversation OVER!

Nope...all is good.  No TDS in  any of these responses.

Tough call.   It's a historic opportunity.  The office should be respected.......and in the past, if it were someone like George W. Bush....I would go, tell him that I admired him even though our political beliefs weren't in unison.  

If It was offered right after he won...sure; as I thought he was interesting from his Howard Stern interviews.  He seemed different back then; more well rounded.  Now, he just seems to be so invested in his MAGA schtick  that it would probably be boring. 

I don't think I'd go.  I don't respect the guy. I don't admire him.  I wouldn't want my son to grow up like him nor my daughter marry someone like him.

No.  No TDS here....

"useful to me as a human being"?  Nope, nothing here.

Still good.....

...keeping with the MSM story..

"autocrat".  Haven't heard that one in awhile.

...and there it is....we've made it to a "Hitler" comparison....conversation OVER!

Nope...all is good.  No TDS in  any of these responses.
Nobody actually compared him to hitler...but don’t complain about board discourse while calling posters deranged. 

Also, there is nothing deranged about those things people said about him.  No more so than thinking he is a good president.

Users who are viewing this thread