What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I'm starting Alex Smith over... (1 Viewer)

butcher boy

Footballguy
Tom Brady on Bye so I'm starting Alex Smith over David Garrard.

Who's with me here? Was the great half he played a sign of good things to come?

I wish I had that option. Have both Brady and Big Ben both on byes this week (guess I had a few too many beers at the draft). Tried to grab Smith and he was gone. Have to choose between Sanchez, Stafford, Delhomme, Young/Collins, Bulger. :goodposting:

The Man with the Plan said:
Against the Colts? Bad idea.
I haven't had a chance to watch a colts game this year. I see them scoring a ton of points so wouldn't it be a good idea to pick up A. Smith for a bye week fill in? SF should be behind a lot of the game and need to pass to catch up. Is the Indy pass D that good?

The Man with the Plan said:
Against the Colts? Bad idea.
I haven't had a chance to watch a colts game this year. I see them scoring a ton of points so wouldn't it be a good idea to pick up A. Smith for a bye week fill in? SF should be behind a lot of the game and need to pass to catch up. Is the Indy pass D that good?
That's should have happened when they played the Cardinals. And the Seahawks. And the Titans. And the Rams. As it turns out the garbage time stats for most of these opposing qbs have been well... garbage. The Colts defense has allowed 2 passing touchdowns this season. 2I guess if no one else is left and you have to start him go ahead. I doubt he'll lose points for you but I wouldn't rule it out either. I don't think he's a good start this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr. Nasty said:
I wish I had that option. Have both Brady and Big Ben both on byes this week (guess I had a few too many beers at the draft). Tried to grab Smith and he was gone. Have to choose between Sanchez, Stafford, Delhomme, Young/Collins, Bulger. :goodposting:
Stafford is going to throw for 300 yards against the Rams.

butcher boy said:

You may want to rethink that. Check who Garrard is facing this week and how they rate against the pass.I'm considering benching Schaub for Garrard. Likely won't do it, but DG is in for a big week.

I'm stuck between Henne and Smith in another league, currently rolling Henne but may change.

butcher boy said:

You may want to rethink that. Check who Garrard is facing this week and how they rate against the pass.I'm considering benching Schaub for Garrard. Likely won't do it, but DG is in for a big week.

I'm stuck between Henne and Smith in another league, currently rolling Henne but may change.
:rant: No way I'd be starting Smith over Garrard this week.

As a quick aside, in a Qb/Flex league where QBs are very important, I had the #1 waiver spot and chose Shonn Greene over Alex Smith. Needless to say, I'm not completely sold on his comeback.

Brady on a bye so I'm stuck with Smith, Sanchez or Stafford. I like Stafford if Calvin plays, but Smith is in the line up for now.

There's no way I would start Alex Smith over David Garrard this week either. Garrard owner should be cautious however, as he's been terrible on the road. I certainly wouldn't bench Schaub for Garrard. That's the very picture over roster over-management.

butcher boy said:

Schaub has been on fire all year. He is always a "must start".

Casting Couch said:

Schaub has been on fire all year. He is always a "must start".
I know, my only point is he shouldn't bench Garrard as DG is a top 10 start this week IMO.

Tom Brady on Bye so I'm starting Alex Smith over David Garrard.Who's with me here? Was the great half he played a sign of good things to come?
Did you see what Garrard did to TEN D last time? And now they might be missing some of their secondary. You might be sorry. I don't see IND D as a pushover.

Users who are viewing this thread