What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I'm Starting Randy Moss Over_________ (1 Viewer)

Nyss _ only bc I have to

Please blow up randy... you've been such a 1st rd bust

If I had garcon I'd start him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have torain / blount in over him at flex, but I'm going back and forth.
i'd sure start blount over moss or torain.i'm starting moss over torain at flex, because there is no alternative to torain on monday night if he doesn't play.

I am starting Moss in every league I have him I would never want to sit him and miss out on a huge game

League 1 - Moss Over Harvin

League 2 - Moss Over Welker, Smith (Car), Gaffney

League 3 - Moss Over Berrian

League 4 - Moss over no one only have 3 WR's this week

League 5 - Moss over Armstrong

League 6 - Moss over Welker, Amendola

Was tempted to start him, but I remember hearing he won't be in on any 3rd down plays. Also, he would be absent from any sort of hurry up offense if it were to occur. Going with Garcon over him.

Got Breaston in over him for now. Going back and forth. PFT did have a post that said he wouldn't be in on all offensive plays, but nothing about 3rd downs or hurry up offense.

What about play action on 2nd and short to medium?

Do you really think they aren't gonna try going deep to Randy at least once each quarter?

Start him with confidence... The catering is better in Tennessee:)

I'm sitting S. Moss and Witten

Randy HAS to explode one week and I feel this is it.

He's got a chip on his shoulder now for Minn and Tenn is the right fit.

I see 75-90 yds. and 1-2 tds.

He's due for at least one td of 40+ yds.

C'Mon Randy!!! One time!!!

I'm in the exact situation in one league, having to choose between Garcon and Moss this week. Like Moss' upside but feel Garcon's safer, with a good chance at blowing up as well. Decisions, decisions...

Going with Manningham over Moss tommorrow, can't see how Manningham doesn't score a TD vs. Dallas tommorrow, not sure I can say the same about Moss.

Sit Moss at your own peril, he has scored a TD in every single debut for every NFL team he has had.

Sit Moss at your own peril, he has scored a TD in every single debut for every NFL team he has had.
:goodposting: I'm not convinced this is going to work out any better for Moss than it did in Minnesota but if there was one week to start him this is it. I expect the Titans, like the Vikings, to get the ball to Moss a lot tomorrow to justify the decision to claim him. And if the Dolphins single up Davis on him like they have in the past that could open the door for the Titans to take some shots to Moss downfield.

This just in from Mort on Twitter:

mortreport Chris Mortensen

RT @cdat: @mortreport is Randy Moss a go tomorrow? >> Titans say he has entire game-plan dialed in. First week impression strong w coaches

How good is Vonte Davis? Good enough to keep Moss in check or was his last game against them (when he was with NE) a fluke and Moss wasn't a big part of the game plan?

I've got Mike Wallace, TB Mike Williams, CAR Steve Smith and Nate Burleson and I think I'd start any of them over Moss. Just don't trust him this week.

BTW, I don't quite get the Burleson rankings. He's got 24 catches on 32 targets for 266 yds and 3 TD's over his last 4 games and he's projected for 3 for 43 yds and .3 TD's and 5 for 48 yds and .2 TD's.

Last edited by a moderator:
In a start 3 WR league, I've got Megatron, Lloyd, Fitzgerald, Moss, Austin, and Woodhead. I'm starting Megatron and Lloyd for sure, but planning on starting Fitz over Moss.

Now with all this 1st game blowup talk you guys are making me nervous leaving Moss on the bench. I can't possibly start him over Fitz, right? :confused:

packersfan said:
Dez said:
I expect the Titans, like the Vikings, to get the ball to Moss a lot tomorrow to justify the decision to claim him.
:lmao: You really think Jeff Fisher is that weak?
:thumbdown: I expect the Titans to get Moss the ball early and often in an attempt to get CJ space to work. It has nothing to do with justification.

packersfan said:
Dez said:
I expect the Titans, like the Vikings, to get the ball to Moss a lot tomorrow to justify the decision to claim him.
:shrug: You really think Jeff Fisher is that weak?
:goodposting: I expect the Titans to get Moss the ball early and often in an attempt to get CJ space to work. It has nothing to do with justification.
It has nothing to do with the absurd idea (which I never stated obviously) that Fisher is weak. However, if you don't think the Titans want to show people why they added Randy Moss I think you're all kidding yourselves. They have a good team and now they added a HOF talent. Of course they're going to want to show people what he can bring to the team and why they are now better because of him. They've had two weeks to figure out how to get him the ball and my belief is that, like the Vikings did, they will target him often as a result.

I've had M. Wallace in over him all week, but really questioning that.

If I do decide tostart him, it'd be over M.Wallace, L.Evans, and J.Knox.

Mike Williams west (SEA). Love the matchup against AZ, and he torched them last time, but Moss also has history of lighting it up in first game with new team!

Users who are viewing this thread