What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I'm stuck! - Bateman, D. Moore, or Waller? (1 Viewer)

greenline

Footballguy
I've been wrestling with this for a bit and I'm torn. 🏈

12 team league, 2 keepers (in round drafted). Not sure draft positions yet. 

A lot of premium keepers this year league-wide.  I have Cooper Kupp in the 3rd, so that's a gimme, but I'm torn on one of the following: 

DJ Moore - 4th Rd 

Darren Waller - 6th rd 

Rashod Bateman - 12th rd 

Who would you keep there?  I like Moore with the upgraded QB situation.  I really like Waller but a bit concerned about targets with Davante Adams there now.  Bateman is interesting and cheap but I don't love that offense and not sure if he's even a WR3 this season. 

What do you guys think? 

I go with Waller in the 6th.  Seems like good value and should still give you a top 5 TE fairly easily.  

I can keep Waller one more year (I had him in '21 as well) so I'd love to get a piece of that offense which I think we will be throwing a lot! 

I think it's got to be between Moore and Waller.  Moore hasn't scored over 4 TD's in a season.  Is this his outlier season?  Waller has increased competition for targets but should also see less coverage geared towards him.  My pick would be Waller.  He should have the higher score to median average between the two.

agree with it being between Moore and Waller...  I think Waller has the better value, thus I am leaning that way.  

When doing keepers I look at value. Bateman in the 12th is by far the best value.
But he is by far the biggest question mark.  What good is a good "value" in a late keeper if he isn't even worth starting?  With this few keepers I have had much better success forgetting about value and going with the best players.  The only time the best player approach might be avoided is if it's a first round pick and you are in a position to get the guy (or equivalent player) anyway.  Then you can throw him back because you will get him anyway.  

But he is by far the biggest question mark.  What good is a good "value" in a late keeper if he isn't even worth starting?  With this few keepers I have had much better success forgetting about value and going with the best players.  The only time the best player approach might be avoided is if it's a first round pick and you are in a position to get the guy (or equivalent player) anyway.  Then you can throw him back because you will get him anyway.  
Well then, that's where we different. Bateman will absolutely be startable in my opinion so it didn't even cross my mind. With those few keepers, that also means many more players available for drafting.

Well then, that's where we different. Bateman will absolutely be startable in my opinion so it didn't even cross my mind. With those few keepers, that also means many more players available for drafting.
I agree that Bateman will be startable and like him this year.  However, as a keeper I want less risk especially when I can keep a more talented option.  

Seems like a huge risk with Bateman.  I wouldn't even have him in the conversation.  

For me, the choice would come down to Moore and Waller.  I lean towards Waller.

Tight End position is top heavy and not that many at the top. Waller in the 6th is a no brainer for me. Solid WR's can be had anywhere this year.

When doing keepers I look at value. Bateman in the 12th is by far the best value.
I was thinking this same thing. I traded away DJ Moore. Mayfield is better than Darnold.  Waller can be awesome but he doesn't play full season usually.  Bateman, I think will crush this year and LJax it's playing for a contract extension and had worked on placement. 

I think Moore is good but limited upside. Bateman may have better year or equal year for a12th and you'll be brilliant. 

I was thinking this same thing. I traded away DJ Moore. Mayfield is better than Darnold.  Waller can be awesome but he doesn't play full season usually.  Bateman, I think will crush this year and LJax it's playing for a contract extension and had worked on placement. 

I think Moore is good but limited upside. Bateman may have better year or equal year for a12th and you'll be brilliant. 
I'm higher on Moore than you but agree that Bateman for a 12th could be a steal.

One might actually be able to draft Moore in the 4th.

I would keep Waller.  Adams should help alleviate some of the coverage on Waller.  McDaniels knows how to manipulate mismatches and I bet he's drooling to get Waller matched up with a LB up the seam.

I'd probably have to say Waller, though I like Bateman a lot. Think about what you'd have to spend to get any of these guys back. Waller will be a 3rd, while Bateman probably 9 or 10. A lot more value between 3rd round and 6th round than between 9/10 and 12. Keep Waller, then target Bateman one round above ADP.

I tend to look at average ADP in high stakes leagues. These folks pay a lot of money and do their homework. Waller is going in rounds 5-6. Moore is going in rounds 3-4. So this doesn't really help much when comparing the two. I think it comes down to whether Moore will have positive regression on TD's and whether Adams will help or hurt Waller. I would go with Moore.

I've been wrestling with this for a bit and I'm torn. 🏈

12 team league, 2 keepers (in round drafted). Not sure draft positions yet.

A lot of premium keepers this year league-wide. I have Cooper Kupp in the 3rd, so that's a gimme, but I'm torn on one of the following:

DJ Moore - 4th Rd

Darren Waller - 6th rd

Rashod Bateman - 12th rd

Who would you keep there? I like Moore with the upgraded QB situation. I really like Waller but a bit concerned about targets with Davante Adams there now. Bateman is interesting and cheap but I don't love that offense and not sure if he's even a WR3 this season.

What do you guys think?
You are getting the best value keeping Bateman. Waller is a 6th round value, maybe 5th.

Waller. There is no sure thing as a Ravens WR. Moore is the best player, but only a round difference b/w where you draft him and where you can keep him.

Users who are viewing this thread