What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Important Fence Question - ***EXCITING UPDATES WITHIN*** (1 Viewer)

Which location would you put the fence?

• Location 1 - before the door

Votes: 34 79.1%
  • Location 2 - after the door

Votes: 10 23.3%

• Total voters
Both might be a good option for flexibility. Having things delivered if locking is an option. Sorry didn't read whole thread...not sorry lol...

A stone path is not there yet but will probably be added. I am getting a new driveway, garage floor, and front steps/stoop sometime in the next month. 
I have to recommend an epoxy finish on the garage floor.  Never thought I would care about a garage floor, but I love the finish on ours.

I have to recommend an epoxy finish on the garage floor.  Never thought I would care about a garage floor, but I love the finish on ours.
Yeah, I've thought about this. The only problem with this is if I go this route, the OCD in me will want to tear all the sheetrock out, reinsulate, paint, and install all new shelving.

May be a long term idea. 

Did you and Mr. R do it yourselves?  Been thinking about doing this.
Nope.  We bought this house in 2017.  (It was only one year old.)  The previous homeowner had it done professionally, I think.  We had no idea it mattered, but it didn't take long for us to realise just how nice it is.  The floor never gets that concrete cold feel.  The epoxy covers what would normally be the baseboards as well, making a swallow water-proof basin.  That means a careful spray with the hose cleans it without much effort.  It even looks nice.  Ours is a pebbly black/gray/light gray effect.  It's just better.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fence is being finished today. Decided to go with Location 1 - before the side door. We also have a new dog - a black lab mix - so the fence is coming it at a good time. Now I just need to clean up my yard since it's all discombobulated at the moment.

This was the last major project at my house since we bought it 12 years ago. I've done almost all of the work myself except for the roof, concrete work, and this fence. I've remodeled:

1. Kitchen (we kept the old cabinets because they are nice wood, custom cabinets. we painted them white, did new countertops, backsplash, tile floors, etc)
2. Master bath
3. Guest bath
4. Half bath
5. Painted everything. Twice in some cases already.
6. All the landscaping
7. New lights and ceiling fans everywhere
8. New sockets and switches
9. New electrical panel and 200A service (i hired this one out as the undergound wire was broken)
10. New furnace and air (the company i work for did this)

Time to really enjoy it. Now it will be just puttering around in the yard.

The fence is being finished today. Decided to go with Location 1 - before the side door. We also have a new dog - a black lab mix - so the fence is coming it at a good time. Now I just need to clean up my yard since it's all discombobulated at the moment.

This was the last major project at my house since we bought it 12 years ago. I've done almost all of the work myself except for the roof, concrete work, and this fence. I've remodeled:

1. Kitchen (we kept the old cabinets because they are nice wood, custom cabinets. we painted them white, did new countertops, backsplash, tile floors, etc)
2. Master bath
3. Guest bath
4. Half bath
6. All the landscaping
9. New electrical panel and 200A service (i hired this one out as the undergound wire was broken)

If your wife is anything like mine... she'll think it is time to put it on the market and find a new project house soon.

Just tell her with rates the way they are you'd be crazy to buy/sell right now.

2. Master bath
3. Guest bath
4. Half bath
6. All the landscaping

If your wife is anything like mine... she'll think it is time to put it on the market and find a new project house soon.

You are not too far from the truth. We've toyed with the idea of selling and buying a lake house in Wisconsin and moving there in about 2 years. It would be our retirement home - we love it up there. With the way things are going lately we aren't sure at this point.

But we are ready if need be.

2. Master bath
3. Guest bath
4. Half bath
6. All the landscaping

You are not too far from the truth. We've toyed with the idea of selling and buying a lake house in Wisconsin and moving there in about 2 years. It would be our retirement home - we love it up there. With the way things are going lately we aren't sure at this point.

But we are ready if need be.
Yes! Wisconsin is where it’s at!! :)

How did I miss this thread initially? The exciting update would have been way more suspenseful if I didn’t read the whole thing in one night.

Users who are viewing this thread