What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

In PPR, who holds more value......Ridley or Vereen? (1 Viewer)

bluesclues

Footballguy
Both are avail in my league.

It is PPR and Dynasty, and I am torn between which to pick as my turn is up in the draft.

Any thoughts as to who holds the most PPR Value head to head would be appreciated.

I think you have to go with Ridley. Even if Vereen would get more catching I think Ridley will dominate with overall touches until he is de-throned, which may be awhile.

I want both!

This day in age we have many teams running the 2 back system. Ridley should still get about 290 carries and Vereen will be the guy catching the passes that could equal that of Sproles. Ridley is a strong RB1 as he may even be utilized more in the pass game, remember they are thin. Vereen will be a nice RB2 if they use him the way I think they will and thats split out more and he already will assume the woodhead role. Just my thoughts

Ridley has been the better player by far through two seasons and I don't expect that to change all of a sudden.

Vereen is one of the more overrated RBs in FF right now.

Vereen's the new Mewelde Moore IMO. He'll show enough flashes to keep owners wondering, but he's not shown to be able to sustain health (even in a backup's backup role).

And comparing him to Mewelde at this stage is probably kind (as Mewelde had shown much better through 2 NFL seasons)

I don't even think Vereen is even 2nd in line for carries (if Ridley did ever happen to get hurt).

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely Ridley. But, if he has trouble handling the ball early on (which he has a history of), it would not suprise me to see Vereen get a shot at the starting job (given he can remain healthy).

Vereen's the new Mewelde Moore IMO. He'll show enough flashes to keep owners wondering, but he's not shown to be able to sustain health (even in a backup's backup role).

And comparing him to Mewelde at this stage is probably kind (as Mewelde had shown much better through 2 NFL seasons)

I don't even think Vereen is even 2nd in line for carries (if Ridley did ever happen to get hurt).
Who do you think is their RB2?? Bolden? Blount? I hardly doubt either of them will get the start over Vereen, unless injury or some type of game planning make it necessary for them to take over.

Definitely Ridley. But, if he has trouble handling the ball early on (which he has a history of), it would not suprise me to see Vereen get a shot at the starting job (given he can remain healthy).

Who do you think is their RB2?? Bolden? Blount? I hardly doubt either of them will get the start over Vereen, unless injury or some type of game planning make it necessary for them to take over.
Feel very confident that either Bolden or Blount (some other back) will take over Ridley's role (leaving Vereen in his role).

I don't see high upside with Vereen :shrug:

Feel very confident that either Bolden or Blount (some other back) will take over Ridley's role (leaving Vereen in his role).

Blount or Bolden? You feel confident, huh? Do you also feel confident the economy will rebound and that we can reach world peace?

:goodposting:

Why do you feel this way? Ridley had the 7th most carries in the league last year and had a respectable 4.4 ypc. Bolden is an undrafted FA with an unremarkable 2012. Bount, while talented, has terrible hands and can't pass block and has all kinds of character red flags. This is not a recipe for Ridley losing his job.

While people cite Ridley's (overblown imo) fumble issues, unless we see him get worse in the area, I don't view it as a real concern

Value is not the same thing as asking, "Which is the better pick in round whatever." I suspect Vereen will be going anywhere from 3-6 rounds later than Ridley in redrafts, and for probably twice as much in auctions, so in those respects, Vereen will be the better value, IMO, but Ridley will still likely put up more fantasy points this year. But that doesn't make him the better value.

Why do you feel this way? Ridley had the 7th most carries in the league last year and had a respectable 4.4 ypc. Bolden is an undrafted FA with an unremarkable 2012. Bount, while talented, has terrible hands and can't pass block and has all kinds of character red flags. This is not a recipe for Ridley losing his job.

While people cite Ridley's (overblown imo) fumble issues, unless we see him get worse in the area, I don't view it as a real concern
Meant if Ridley were to get injured.

I don't view him in any danger of losing job outright to Blount or Bolden.

Ridley has been the better player by far through two seasons and I don't expect that to change all of a sudden.

Vereen is one of the more overrated RBs in FF right now.
I am shocked, shocked that EBF has this opinion of Vereen! :o

I just finished a 12 team PPR draft where I was planning to reach on Vereen in the 4th, but was surprised to see Ridley available for me there. I took Ridley hoping Vereen would get to me in the 5th, but of course that didn't happen.

I currently regret not taking Vereen anyway, but I'm optimistic that Ridley will perform well again this year.

Users who are viewing this thread