What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Inaugural Salary Cap, Contract PPR League with IDPs (1 Viewer)

soccer27playa

Footballguy
I am setting up a salary cap, contract PPR dynasty league with IDPs. This league will require dedication and activity outside the NFL regular season. Although you may not need to be on daily it will require you to check the activity that is going on in the league. Be sure to view all league settings, rules, and scoring before accepting a team in this league. The league will cost $25 with 100% payout and I cover the myfantasyleague site fees. All transactions will be handled through leaguesafe as this requires a minimal fee and protects all involved parties.

http://www14.myfanta...13/home/67704#0 (league website)

http://football14.my...704&tid=3957606 (charter - not a ton of reading)

Please post or email me with any comments, questions, concerns, or suggestions at soccer27playa@aol.com.

Thanks for looking and I hope to have you in the league!

I am going to make this league free this year as to work out potential kinks that may develop throughout the year and season. This way no one loses out on money. I will still cover league fees myself so join up today and have some fun and good competition.

I was going to sign up for this league just to give it a shot since it was a different format than anything else I played and required a different draft strategy than otherwise might take when you factor in actual NFL salary caps from 2013. However, at a FREE league now......not really interested in putting in the time to study those salary caps. People will put in a "free" effort for a free league.....I don't think the $25 is out of the question. I do think there are some kinks that would have to be worked out in this format that you will stumble on. So, I am interested if you decide to keep it at $25.....but at free, I don't think I'm willing to make any type of effort to study and try to win. :)

I would like it to be paid but I'm not getting as much interest so this year will be free and hopefully next year we can play for money. At least if you try it you aren't out anything. Sorry for letting you down. Would still love to have you if you change your mind.

Allright, if my friend, Alan, is in it (above), then I guess I will try it. You can send my invite to wflcommissioner@cfl.rr.com (What's up, Alan?) LOL

Maybe you would be willing to see how sign-ups go? It's still a long way until you would need to draft, and if you get enough guys, then maybe we all could agree on a little compensation for the work it's going to take to figure out who is draftable and who isn't in this format with real NFL salary caps. Alan and I both know a lot of people. Your concept is a different idea. We both have been commissioners of leagues for quite a while. I would imagine we would both be available to bounce some ideas off? I would rather we all throw in $25 and let $5 of the franchise fee to go to pay for the MFL setup---no need for you to pay that----that's crazy. Then we all have $20 in the pot to play for and maybe you just spread smaller prize amounts to more people in year 1 to give everyone a chance to win a little something. In the end, I think free just compels people to not try and doesn't give you a true picture of what works and what wouldn't work. I would also suggest maybe a "keeper" league instead of a "dynasty" league might be easier to manage with the salary caps coming from actual NFL teams. That way, each year, you only have to worry about 4,5, or 6 players to carryover from year to year with fluctuating salary caps instead of a whole roster? Anyway, send me an invite and I will go with your decision. But maybe at least be open to see what happens in the next few weeks before you pull the plug on the money aspect?

I am definitely open to ideas so we can discuss them. I'm not against money but I hope to fill the league. I don't mind paying for the site. It's my hobby. I sent the invite

Doing good. Looking forwards to all comers. Commish has done a great job with the website-nice look and even pays the MFL hosting fee. There are some good guys already have gotten to know in the league. Whether the league is free or ends up with a small fee, it'g going to be a good year. If you haven't played any IDP or salary cap type leagues, c'mon and give it a try. If you're an experienced player, chances are you haven't tried it with an actual NFL salary cap, so that'll be a new challenge. Looking forward to more of you jumping in here before it fills up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just throwing a quick "shout out" to the commissioner in this league. He's got some good ideas on this league, but he's also been open to listening to the group to make sure everyone has input. It'll be a bit of a challenge for anyone as they maneuver real NFL salary caps into the fantasy world. It'll will be a fun challenge for the veterans (I've been playing for 24 years; another guy even longer than that) but also a fun way to delve into a new league, new format if you are looking for something a little different but don't have a lot of experience. Come on----grab that last spot. You can be playing fantasy football again shortly after the Super Bowl is over!

Users who are viewing this thread