What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Indefinite New England Patriots Thread (4 Viewers)

This would be a very nice step in the right direction:
Let's say they extend Barmore. Add him to the list of Onwenu, Uche, Borne, Dugger, Henry, and Jennings. I hear they are working on an extension for Judon as well. That would be 8 guys they reupped. You added in White, Gonzalez, Pop, Sow, and Mapu from last year plus Stevenson. That's 14 players / starters. That already seems like a decent core (although I would suggest we are a long way from being able to declare anyone from the last draft as long-term solutions yet). My biggest nit to pick is they really didn't bring in much help with all their cap dollars they had to spend.

This would be a very nice step in the right direction:
Let's say they extend Barmore. Add him to the list of Onwenu, Uche, Borne, Dugger, Henry, and Jennings. I hear they are working on an extension for Judon as well. That would be 8 guys they reupped. You added in White, Gonzalez, Pop, Sow, and Mapu from last year plus Stevenson. That's 14 players / starters. That already seems like a decent core (although I would suggest we are a long way from being able to declare anyone from the last draft as long-term solutions yet). My biggest nit to pick is they really didn't bring in much help with all their cap dollars they had to spend.

I think that is bigger than a nit...it's very valid...I get that they are not a desirable destination, but they could have brought in some solid vets on one-or-two-year deals that would give them more depth and helped with the change in culture they are going thru...there is still time this offseason but unless they add a Higgins or Aiyuk (which are long shots) I don't see how they can put a dent into all that cap space and I don't see how that is a positive.

BEST best case scenario;
Patriots draft Marvin Harrison Jr at 1.3 ... which is just enough incentive to bring Tom Brady out of retirement, signing a two year deal.
Brady mostly calls his own plays, negating the lack of experience of the new coaching staff.
Harrison, Douglas and Henry give Brady the quick hit targets that he covets and the 2 second release time negates any poor play from the O-line.
NE goes on to win back to back championships ... again.

Aiyuk still out there and now T. Higgins has requested a trade.

I've got to think NE is making calls. Or I at least hope so.

I'd trade #34 + something else and pay the $'s all day vs. taking the next N. Harry at 34.
If you are Higgins or Aiyuk, why would you agree to sign an extension with NE?
Besides more money, the undisputed #1 offensive weapon and probably biggest star on a big market team.

I'd trade #34 + something else and pay the $'s all day vs. taking the next N. Harry at 34.
Besides more money, the undisputed #1 offensive weapon and probably biggest star on a big market team.
Aiyuk will get a bag of money once he plays out his contract from any team he wants. Would he really want to go to a team with a rookie QB, no offense to speak of, on a team that is going to finish in last place, and won't be all that competitive for 2-3 years? IMO, the Pats would have to overpay to get him to go to NE. Sure, I get it that players care about money . . . but I also think they care about winning.

Aiyuk will get a bag of money once he plays out his contract from any team he wants. Would he really want to go to a team with a rookie QB, no offense to speak of, on a team that is going to finish in last place, and won't be all that competitive for 2-3 years? IMO, the Pats would have to overpay to get him to go to NE. Sure, I get it that players care about money . . . but I also think they care about winning.

Every player is different...money speaks louder for some more than others...Ridley's choice appeared to come down to the Pats and Titans...that was not a decision based on winning.

Could simply be pre-draft noise but there is a buzz that the Giants want Maye who many believe is headed to the Pats...if the Pats could be guaranteed they could get JJM at #6 I wonder if they would do it since they appear to be very high on him...I think the only way to guarantee that would be to take Maye at #3 and see what happens at #4 and #5...the other question is what would be the cost of moving from #6 to #3?

I want Maye so much more than JJM. I dont care if the Giants throw in next years 1st round pick, I wouldnt make that trade. I believe in Maye long term so much more even if he starts slower.
This and I wouldn't want to help the Giants out of general principle. Would not be fun to be on the wrong side of a QB swap like that.

Storyline: The Enemy of My Enemy is My Friend:

C'mon Patsguys, work with me, here, and let's will this into existence!!!

No love lost between the Kraft and Mara families, and the WFT'skins and Giants are fierce intra-Divisional rivals.

Consensus opinion, as it stands going into tonight: Washington standing pat at 1.02 and selecting Jayden Daniels, QB LSU. This is becoming as much a foregone conclusion as the Bears taking Caleb Williams first overall. So much so, that vetted sources are agreeing that the Giants are conducting talks in earnest with the Patriots, to move up to 1.03 and take Maye, who would be available with Daniels presumably gone at 1.02.

New England extracts a King's ransom of capital from the Giants, and compels the Giants to consummate the deal prior to the WFT'skins being on the clock, or actually making their selection at 1.02.

The trap is sprung, and the Giants are conned: Washington selects the QB they've wanted all along, Drake Maye with the 1.02, and the Giants are left holding their hat in their hand at 1.03 with Maye off the board, and having given up a boatload of assets to move up to 1.03, only to find they guy the covet, gone...and to a Divisional foe, no less.

Who's with me?!!

The only scenario I like less than Maye at 3 is JJM or Penix.

I'd rather fashion a Drew Brees offense around Bo Nix than hope for the potential of Maye, the vaporware of JJM or the over-promise of Penix.

Please Washington screw up and pass on Daniels.

Storyline: The Enemy of My Enemy is My Friend:

C'mon Patsguys, work with me, here, and let's will this into existence!!!

No love lost between the Kraft and Mara families, and the WFT'skins and Giants are fierce intra-Divisional rivals.

Consensus opinion, as it stands going into tonight: Washington standing pat at 1.02 and selecting Jayden Daniels, QB LSU. This is becoming as much a foregone conclusion as the Bears taking Caleb Williams first overall. So much so, that vetted sources are agreeing that the Giants are conducting talks in earnest with the Patriots, to move up to 1.03 and take Maye, who would be available with Daniels presumably gone at 1.02.

New England extracts a King's ransom of capital from the Giants, and compels the Giants to consummate the deal prior to the WFT'skins being on the clock, or actually making their selection at 1.02.

The trap is sprung, and the Giants are conned: Washington selects the QB they've wanted all along, Drake Maye with the 1.02, and the Giants are left holding their hat in their hand at 1.03 with Maye off the board, and having given up a boatload of assets to move up to 1.03, only to find they guy the covet, gone...and to a Divisional foe, no less.

Who's with me?!!
fwiw, if a trade a 3 happens, I'm calling a dark horse not equal to Giants or Raiders. Something obscure like the Rams or the Seahawks.

Anyone else here listen to Bert Breer on 98.5 today? Made some real interesting points about where Daniels-Penix-Nix were in their career when they were the age that Maye and JJM are at now...they all would have not been drafted or been a late day 3 pick.

Users who are viewing this thread