What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Interesting/bizarre/unique/funny crime thread? they drove dead roommate to the bank to withdraw his money (1 Viewer)

'Extreme Stalker' Has Family's Home Under Siege

A Utah family has become the victim of extreme stalking involving unwanted service providers repeatedly being sent to their home, according to the homeowner and police. Walt Gilmore's family in suburban Salt Lake City has been the target since August of a stalker using phone calls and texts to send a parade of people to the home for legitimate services as well as illegal activities, the Deseret News reported Friday. The AP reports that up to 20 people per day arrive saying they were called to provide electrical, plumbing, tree-trimming, and towing services, according to Gilmore, who says others sent to his house are seeking illegitimate business: "They have police records. Criminals. Felons. Active warrants for their arrests coming to my home. They're looking for drugs. They're offering prostitution," Gilmore said.
Gilmore said he has spotted people taking pictures of his house, looking inside his windows late at night, and sitting in cars parked outside — actions he believes were triggered by the suspect hiring people online from a website that pays people to spy on others.

A police car is now parked outside around the clock and Gilmore has put up a large yellow sign in the driveway with "ALERT" in big red letters. Below it says, "If you have been asked to provide any services to this address such as a car tow, home repair, locksmith, plumbing, food deliveries or anything else, please call the North Salt Lake Police."

And at the bottom in bold letters: "We are all victims of this scam."
Damn. That's pretty brutal. I hope they catch the SOB. 

I think there was a thread dedicated to this, but it's a fascinating story.  Always amazed at people who could be set for life on a tropical island but end up being caught because of too much greed

https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-an-ex-cop-rigged-mcdonalds-monopoly-game-and-stole-millions
That was fascinating. :thumbup:

It's surprising it went as long as it did given how random his method was, and the types of characters he was quickly dealing with.

It was super disappointing at the end of the story to see how little jail time everyone involved got.

I think there was a thread dedicated to this, but it's a fascinating story.  Always amazed at people who could be set for life on a tropical island but end up being caught because of too much greed

https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-an-ex-cop-rigged-mcdonalds-monopoly-game-and-stole-millions
Yeah. I remember reading the thread. Crazy. I always told my kids "nobody ever wins these games" but I didn't know just how close to the truth that was. Nobody who didn't know "the man" won. 

Portland man used dog poop to make bomb 

A Portland man now faces felony criminal charges after police say he created a homemade bomb containing dog feces and tricked a former friend into setting it off.

Robb Alexander Stout, 48, placed the bomb into a plastic tool box and filled the box with dog feces he’d collected from his dog and dogs that had defecated around a courtyard, according to a probable-cause affidavit. He then set the toolbox up to explode upon opening, police say.

When he opened it, “it exploded with such force that it sounded like an M80 going off and the dog scat was blown out of the toolbox,” according to the affidavit.

:lol:  

German Nurse may have killed as many as 300 patients, one of most prolific serial killers in history

Summary

OLDENBURG, Germany (NYTIMES) - The new nurse arrived at the intensive-care unit of Delmenhorst hospital with a solid letter of reference, describing him as someone who worked "independently and conscientiously".

In a crisis, it said, he reacted "with consideration" and was "technically correct". It gave no indication that officials at his former hospital in Oldenburg, Germany, had grown deeply suspicious about the number of deaths while the nurse, Niels Högel, was on duty. Or that they had barred him from contact with patients and effectively pushed him out.

Before long, similar suspicions arose at Delmenhorst. Within four months, a patient, Brigitte A., died under his care. Others, Hans S., Christoph K. and Josef Z., followed. All were identified with only a last initial under German privacy laws.

Today, Högel, 42, is considered the most prolific serial killer in the history of peacetime Germany, and perhaps in the world. Officials suspect that as many as 300 patients may have died by his hand over five years starting in 2000.

Still, it took more than a decade for a full investigation by the authorities, who exhumed more than 130 bodies in Germany, Poland and Turkey as they struggled to define the scope of his crimes. Högel has admitted to killing 43 people, has not ruled out killing 52 others and denied killing five.

There's a woman at my office with a very common last name. Think like "Jones". Her mother's maiden name was "Jones", and her mother by coincidence married a guy who's last name was also Jones. So she was a Jones-Jones, and then she actually met and married a guy who also had the same last name. So she became a Jones-Jones Jones.
Speaking of common last names, my mom's maiden name was "Smith" and my sister married a Smith.  Now divorced, but still... somewhat coincidental. 

The Mike Postle poker cheating allegations have been crazy to follow.  The amount of work people at twoplustwo, YouTube and Twitter put into researching and documenting the live streams is wild.  

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29/news-views-gossip/mike-postle-cheating-allegations-faq-first-post-1753388/

If you start from the beginning (ignore the first post), it's like CSI Las Vegas about RFID technology, bulging hats, keys on the table and spreadsheets of data before/after he supposedly starting to cheat.

Joe Ingram has about 30 hours+ of videos on YouTube if you really enjoy poker and have the time.  
so what is the prevailing theory at this time? Is there a favorite as to how he was actually cheating?

Users who are viewing this thread