What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Intruders - new show on BBCA 8/23 (1 Viewer)

jamny

Footballguy
From writer and executive producer Glen Morgan (The X-Files), Intruders is about a secret society devoted to chasing immortality by seeking refuge in the bodies of others. A contemporary, chilling, paranormal tale set in the moody Pacific Northwest, the eight part series spins a fascinating and complex web of drama. As strange, apparently unrelated events start happening, multiple story-lines – a missing wife, an assassin covering his crimes, a child on the run – begin to intertwine to reveal a conspiracy that will forever change our understanding of human nature. Produced by BBC Worldwide Productions, the series is based on British novelist Michael Marshall Smith’s ‘The Intruders’. Intruders premieres Saturday, August 23 at 10/9c on BBC AMERICA.

Jack Whelan (John Simm), a former LAPD cop with a troubled and violent history, finds the quiet idyllic life he has crafted with his wife, Amy (Mira Sorvino), shattered when she vanishes. Jack is drawn deeper into the mystery when his high school friend, Gary Fischer (Tory Kittles), shows up on his doorstep asking for help with a murder case. Initially dismissive of Gary’s claims, the more Jack investigates the more complex and surreal his discoveries become. What Jack uncovers leads him down the dark path of his own past and closer to the terrifying revelations about a secret society known as Qui Reverti.

In order to conceal the truth, an assassin named Richard Shepherd (James Frain) is embarking on a series of lethal executions and is in pursuit of a seemingly innocent nine-year-old girl, Madison (Millie Brown) – a run away with a score to settle who could be the end of them all.

With Gary’s help, Jack is determined to find and save the wife he loves, at any cost…

“Because in the beginning, there was death.”

Simm previously starred in the hit BBC AMERICA series Life on Mars, State of Play and Doctor Who. He is joined by Sorvino, whose multi-award winning body of work includes Mighty Aphrodite, Norma Jean & Marilyn and Human Trafficking. BBC AMERICA welcomes James Frain (The White Queen, Tron: Legacy, True Blood) and Tory Kittles (True Detective) to the channel, and 10-year-old Millie Brown (Once Upon a Time in Wonderland), making her debut in a series lead role

Under the direction of Eduardo Sanchez (The Blair Witch Project, Exists) and Daniel Stamm (13 Sins, The Last Exorcism), the creative team includes acclaimed production designer Mark Freeborn (Breaking Bad), and the series has music by Bear McCreary (The Walking Dead). The series is executive produced by Jane Tranter (Criminal Justice, Getting On, Da Vinci’s Demons) and Julie Gardner (Getting On, Doctor Who, Torchwood) for BBC Worldwide Productions, Glen Morgan and Rose Lam (The L Word). BBC Worldwide distribute the series internationally.

Intruders is part of BBC AMERICA’s slate of dramas including original series Orphan Black, The Game, A Poet in New York,Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell, Ripper Street, In The Flesh, Atlantis, and Doctor Who.
link

Not much on right now. Only 8 episodes.

first episode wasn't bad,, still not really sure whats going on
Yeah, that was pretty crazy...and violent.

In for now.

Check out the EW recap

A couple of things in the recap I didn't pick up on. One being that the yearbook that the girl who killed herself in the tub had pictures of the cop and his FBI friend in it.

first episode wasn't bad,, still not really sure whats going on
Yeah, that was pretty crazy...and violent.

In for now.

Check out the EW recap

A couple of things in the recap I didn't pick up on. One being that the yearbook that the girl who killed herself in the tub had pictures of the cop and his FBI friend in it.
gotta hand it to the guy whos wife went missing she was pretty hot
Mira Sorvino

Haven't seen her in a while. Looks amazing for 47.

A quick description I saw online:

A secret society devoted to chasing immortality by seeking refuge in the bodies of others.
I didn't even get that that's what's happening. Is the guy shooting everyone a servant to people doing this? He is the shepherd.

Why did the little girl say "you brought me back too soon"?

Definitely not a show to watch drunk.

Decent, but I'm sure I'll lose interest. Paranormal or sci-fi is rarely my thing and nothing in the pilot made me care enough to want to figure out what's going.

Plus the only character that seemed interesting took a shotgun blast to the face.

What's the verdict on this? I've watched two episodes and it's not really doing it for me. Worth it to keep watching?

What's the verdict on this? I've watched two episodes and it's not really doing it for me. Worth it to keep watching?
I have two episodes left to watch. I've enjoyed it. It's a bit slow at times but I'm interested to see how it wraps up.

Users who are viewing this thread