What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is Bob Sanders even playing? (1 Viewer)

Had three tackles, so he played. Hard for a SS to get tackle opportunities when the team he is playing against has zero offense.

nfl.com recap said he left game in second half with unspecified arm injury... they didn't say if or how much time he might miss.

Had three tackles, so he played. Hard for a SS to get tackle opportunities when the team he is playing against has zero offense.
Sanders is a FS; Doss is their SS.Not many opportunities against a horrible offense, with a lot of "3 and outs."

Sanders will have his share of good games, but as I mentioned in other posts, he will be inconsistent because he is playing FS. If Sanders was back at SS, he'd be a machine. Don't expect high numbers from him at FS.

Sanders is supposed to have an MRI on his arm today. Sanders said it felt like a cramp - I hope it isn't serious.

man, i love sanders as a player, but his all out style seems like it keeps him on injury report every single week.

Sanders is a FS; Doss is their SS.Not many opportunities against a horrible offense, with a lot of "3 and outs."

Sanders will have his share of good games, but as I mentioned in other posts, he will be inconsistent because he is playing FS. If Sanders was back at SS, he'd be a machine. Don't expect high numbers from him at FS.
in general, FS not as productive...sanders could be exception.

he is tied for third in nfl among safeties (and DBs) with michael lewis & mike brown - 28 tackles.

greg wesley is another FS doing well... 26 tackles (top 10 among safeties) in only 4 games.

in general, FS not as productive...sanders could be exception.

he is tied for third in nfl among safeties (and DBs) with michael lewis & mike brown - 28 tackles.

greg wesley is another FS doing well... 26 tackles (top 10 among safeties) in only 4 games.
Agreed. Another is Madieu Williams, although he's hasn't played for the past two games.

Sanders also had 3-4 plays on Barlow where he hit him hard but didnt wrap up and tackle him. He was 100% going for the ht yesterday and not the tackle..Could have had a 6-7 tackle game easily.

Sanders is a FS; Doss is their SS.
Don't get too caught up in their listed positions. The Colts play a ton of Cover 2 in which the two positions are virtually interchangeable.The bottom line is that San Francisco stinks and didn't provide the db's many opportunities. Consider:The Niners ran a total of 56 plays. - 14 were incomplete passes and one was a fumble which means no tackle opportunities. - He was also sacked 5 times, 4 by linemen and once by a linebacker. - The defensive linemen also accounted for 20 other tackles (in add. to sacks) So of 56 plays, the LB's and DB's had a chance at a total of 17 tackle opportunities.As for Sanders injury, the latest is that it's a biceps strain. It's not something he can hurt worse by playing so it's a pain issue. Sanders is a tough dude as evidenced by his aggressive hitting style. IMHO, he's playing Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread