What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is Duante Culpepper a good comparison for EJ Manuel? (1 Viewer)

Cupepper was both bigger and considerably faster (which I think matters here). Otherwise pretty similar IMO.

I think Jason Campbell and Vince Young are the probably the best comps overall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Culpepper was a phenom in college, if he were to be drafted in 2013, No.1 overall, no doubt in my mind. His QB rating his Senior season was 170. Played for Central Florida when they were nobody, completed 73% of his passes, 28TD/7Int after 25TD/10Int his Junior year. 3,690/pass, 460/12 rush TD to make 40 TDs his Senior year.

EJ Manuel is interesting but he has a long way to go in order to be as good as DC was in the NFL before he blew his knee out. My opinion.

DC played in '96-'98...over 15 years ago he was in college, where does the time go?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're looking for a possible next Daunte Culpepper, keep your eye on Brett Hundley.

Cupepper was both bigger and considerably faster (which I think matters here). Otherwise pretty similar IMO.

I think Jason Campbell and Vince Young are the probably the best comps overall.
So he's going to suck.

Culpepper was a phenom in college, if he were to be drafted in 2013, No.1 overall, no doubt in my mind. His QB rating his Senior season was 170. Played for Central Florida when they were nobody, completed 73% of his passes, 28TD/7Int after 25TD/10Int his Junior year. 3,690/pass, 460/12 rush TD to make 40 TDs his Senior year. EJ Manuel is interesting but he has a long way to go in order to be as good as DC was in the NFL before he blew his knee out. My opinion. DC played in '96-'98...over 15 years ago he was in college, where does the time go?
:goodposting:Manuel can't touch Culpepper as a pure athlete or as a passer / QB IMO. Culpepper was truly remarkable prior to ruining his knee. Strictly as a passer he was absurdly good -- plus he was as big and fast as most pass rushing DEs. Remember Peyton Manning's historic 2004 season? He finished as the #2 fantasy QB that year behind Daunte Culpepper...

Users who are viewing this thread