What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is McCafferey the consensus 1.01 pick in redraft? (1 Viewer)

Raptors409

Footballguy
Had him last year. Scored 40 points multiple times. The list of elite players includes him, Gurley, Kamara, and Mahomes.

Hill used to be in this tier.

You're on the clock with the #1 pick. Whatever scoring you want.

Who are you picking?

I'd pass on Gurley (knee, too risky) & Saquon (team is horrible) at #1

For me its between CMC (beast last year), Kamara (no Ingram), and Zeke (safe) for #1 overall. Id probably rank them:

CMC

Kamara

Saquon

Zeke

Gurley

I'm not touching Gurley early.  The end of the year and the playoff usage scares me.  I could see his touches being dialed back a fair amount in the regular season even if he is completely healthy.  I think it's between McCaffrey and Barkley with Zeke and Kamara close behind.  

I'd pass on Gurley (knee, too risky) & Saquon (team is horrible) at #1
The Giants were terrible last year and Saquon had 1,300 rushing, 91-721 receiving and 15 TDs.  I think he could put up similar numbers this year even though they might be worse than last year.

I think people picking Barkley are ignoring just how bad that Giants team is. I realize they are bad last year. I realize he did awesome anyway. I just feel like 2 years in a row of incompetence around him has to wear him down. I still have him ranked #3 overall though.

Personally, it's really close between the top 4....Barkley, CMC, Zeke and Kamara.  Really hard to rank them right now.  

In PPR, definitely not unreasonable to have CMC #1 overall.  Right now, I would probably go Barkley, CMC, Zeke and Kamara.  But if I have a top 4 pick in a draft, I am very happy with any of these RBs on my team.

considering no one is putting chubb in there, and he will be there.... Yes. 
Issues with Chubb for this season is he has way more competition than CMc, Zeke or Saquon. Also we haven't seen him really used as a receiver either. 

Is this the best young crop of RBs in a few years?  
While Mixon hasn't gotten to the Zeke level yet, he could make the jump at any point. The Bengals, in theory, have hired a better and more innovative OC. They spent their first 2 picks on blockers. Mixon's 16 game pace last year was 49 receptions, 1673 yards and 10 TDs. If the offense is a little better and AJ stays healthy, there is room for that TD number to improve.

I think people picking Barkley are ignoring just how bad that Giants team is. I realize they are bad last year. I realize he did awesome anyway. I just feel like 2 years in a row of incompetence around him has to wear him down. I still have him ranked #3 overall though.
Talent rises.....everyone said the samr thing about tomlinson early on.....

I’d gladly take McCaffrey or Zeke over Barkley in redraft.  It’s between those 2, Barkley isn’t even considered 1.01 in redraft for me.

Barkley, CMC and Zeke are your current big 3 with Barkley usually going 1.1, before NFL draft was seeing this as around 80% of the time and don't think draft changed much.

Kamara lives alone in his own tier at player 4 and after he goes the world opens up.

I've drawn the dreaded pick 5 in 3 out of my 7 leagues I've done so far this year and have picked a different player every time. Pick 4 is that spot where drafts start getting interesting.

Right now if  I could pick where I wanted to be in drafts my order of preference would be:

1. Top 3

2. 4

3. As far back in round one as possible.

Zeke i think is closer to the consensus number 1.  He's got a couple of seasons of pure consistency behind him and has been injury free

i like Barkley but there is a tiny bit more risk there...potentially more reward

Clear top 4

Barkley in a tier of his own.  Then Elliott, McAffrey, Kamara in no particular order.  Big drop after those 4.  

Talking about top 5 all being RBs in ppr- that’s not usual. I’d take Hopkins at 5 personally, gurley has too much risk at this point of the offseason. Kelce could have a season worthy of a top 5 pick, not that I’m advocating him there. 

I think there’s a good case for a lot of dark horse top 5 guys- can juju get there with brown gone? Conner? Could leveon get so much work that he gets there on volume? OBJ is still good. Davante adams doesn’t have a lot of competition for targets. Bruce arians/mike Evans pairing is intriguing. We make a top 5/10 list every year and it always looks different at the end of the year (usually.) The league winners are the top 10 guys who weren’t thought to be there. 

CMC owners would be thrilled if Christian increased his once-in-a-decade 98% of RB snaps from 2018. 

We have seen his high water snap count folks. Sell now, sell high. Snag your four firsts. 

Whether you want to believe it or not ... the Giants were a much better team the 2nd half of last season. they were 4-4 and lost 2 of those games by 1 pt and 1 game by 3 pts (a FG with :22 seconds left) . They could have easily been 7-1 the  2nd half if their defense didn't blow 3 leads in the final minute or less of each game. 

They averaged 27 pts over the last 8 games ...31 if you take away the TEN game which they got shutout ... they averaged 34 pts in 3 of the 4 games without O'dell. 

In those last 8 games they rushed for over 1000 yards and 8 TDs (equates to 2000 and 16 Tds over 16 Games) ... They started the season with New Coach , New Offense and entirely new Oline so as expected it took some time.

The line is going to be much improved with a year together and the addition of Zeitler at RG. 

Probably not this season but Saquan will have a 2000 yard rushing season and I believe this season he will break the the Yards from Scrimmage record  ~1800 Rush ~800 Receiving

I'm all in on Mixon with the 4-6 pick. I see no better value this year. I'd take him 1.1 but obviously don't need to.

Consensus, no. I've got the #1 pick in my startup dynasty and I'm strongly considering CMC because I think Jones will be a huge bust.

For redraft, I think you have to go Barkley because Eli has at least this year. If the Giants go to Jones early, Barkley easily drops below CMC, Kamara, and Elliott. Jones will kill Barkley's value as soon as he's the starter.

PPR: 
1. CMC
2. Barkley
3. Kamara
4. Zeke
5. No one

Non PPR:
1. Barkley
2. CMC
2b. Zeke
4. Kamara
5. No one

First FBG draft in this year, round one went:

McCaffrey

Kamara

Barkley

Elliot

Kelce

Johnson

Hopkins

Gurley

Adams

Gordon

Bell

OBJ

First FBG draft in this year, round one went:

McCaffrey

Kamara

Barkley

Elliot 

Kelce

Johnson

Hopkins

Gurley

Adams

Gordon

Bell

OBJ
I'm assuming PPR.

Man, ther's such a crazy drop off after top 4.  I guess Kelce makes sense there without hill and in 1.5teppr.

JamieMurphy said:
Yes, the FBG FFPC is ppr with 1.5ppr for TE

Edited 8 hours ago by JamieMurphy
spelling
With that many abbreviations I am trying to imagine which word could possibly have been spelled wrong.

😛

I'd rather have the 4th pick this year and take whoever falls.  Will likely be Kamara, which suits me just fine.

My only concern with CMC is Cam poaches goal line TDs, but I'm taking him whenever he's available. After that, I try to get Kamara. Barkley's a great back on a terrible team that may have a rookie playing QB sooner rather than later, and Zeke...I doubt he's going to get suspended, but he isn't known for making good choices and he's one dumb move from being out the season.

If you had 1.1 wanted to take Barkley, CMC, Kamara or Zeke , I wouldn't argue with you.  My choice would be Kamara though 

Gurley isn't even in the first round for me.  I can see him getting half the touches he got last season.

Barkley is no1, followed by Zeke, then Kamara, then CMC (they have to rest him more then they did last season).  After that probably Mixon.

Users who are viewing this thread