What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is McGahee worth a 4th rounder in next years FF (1 Viewer)

Joe T

Footballguy
Trying to come up with McGahee's value next year. In most drafts around the fourth round you can still get guys like Warrick Dunn or maybe Willie Parker or the like.

I think the guys in that range have a better chance to succeed in '06 than McGahee.

Hmmm, no, I think late 3rd round is about right.

Hmmm, no, I think late 3rd round is about right.
Too early in my book. You'll be passing on better players.Would you rather have Dunn or McGahee next year?

Who will do better, KJ or willis?
Is avoid both a choice?I'd have to say Willis if those are my only two choices. But I'd prefer neither as they will both be overvalued again.

Who will do better, KJ or willis?
Is avoid both a choice?I'd have to say Willis if those are my only two choices. But I'd prefer neither as they will both be overvalued again.
:confused: :confused: If you can get a starting RB in the 4th round you better grab him. For one, unless McGahee gets hurt this year or retires, he will never last to the 4th round in any league next year. IF so, I want in on that league. Dunn is servicible but he's 31 or 32 years old.

I believe he's at worst a 2nd round pick in both dynasty and redraft formats. He looks like a marginal RB1 or excellent RB2 to me. But then, I didn't win any hardware last year. I'd take him in a heartbeat over K. Jones . . . :) Certainly a 4th round steal . . .

Trying to come up with McGahee's value next year.  In most drafts around the fourth round you can still get guys like Warrick Dunn or maybe Willie Parker or the like.

I think the guys in that range have a better chance to succeed in '06 than McGahee.
FWP or Dunn are better than McGahee?!? no way.

McGahee is one of only 10 or so RB's that will get the bulkload of the carries from their teams, upwards of 350 carries , possibly.

Parker will split with someone, and even Dunn split with Duckett in '05..

McGahee is a true featured RB..

in the ever increasing world of teams switching to RBBC format, McGahee's stock should be much higher than a 4th round pick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to come up with McGahee's value next year. In most drafts around the fourth round you can still get guys like Warrick Dunn or maybe Willie Parker or the like.

I wouldn't touch him until the sixth at the earliest.

Trying to come up with McGahee's value next year.  In most drafts around the fourth round you can still get guys like Warrick Dunn or maybe Willie Parker or the like.

FWP or Dunn are better than McGahee?!? no way.

McGahee is one of only 10 or so RB's that will get the bulkload of the carries from their teams, upwards of 350 carries , possibly.

Parker will split with someone, and even Dunn split with Duckett in '05..

McGahee is a true featured RB..

in the ever increasing world of teams switching to RBBC format, McGahee's stock should be much higher than a 4th round pick.
I agree with everything you said.But how do you argue with the fact that they both outperformed McGahee in '05?

:confused:

McGahee and KJ are the most hyped and overrated players in the Shark Pool.

:goodposting: I think we might be in the same boat.

I was leaning toward the 5th though.

:goodposting: I think we might be in the same boat.

I was leaning toward the 5th though.
Since I won most of my leagues last year, 5th/6th is the same difference.

It's pretty annoying having my post being called fishing by staff around here.I expect it out of people like JAA.

But hmmmm.... let me think, last year when I said McGahee would finish as the #16 RB over all that was called fishing as well. Where did he finish? RB #16.

I'm guessing FBG will probably have him as the concensus #4 RB again, and yet again I will be called a fisherman.

:shrug:

McGahee in the 4th, J. Jones the 5th, McAllister in the 6th. You'll be able to take two stud WRs in the 1st and 2nd, maybe Gates in the 3rd... Money baby, pure money!

Thinking on the real value of McGahee is thinking outside the box... which I might add seems to be discouraged around here.

:(

4th round? :lmao: Does the 13th ranked RB usually go in the 4th round? :confused:

4th round? :lmao: Does the 13th ranked RB usually go in the 4th round? :confused:
I don't have him ranked 13th.Is that where you have him?

I don't have him ranked 13th.Is that where you have him?
No thats where he ranked last season with only 5 TDs.2004: 9th ranked RB - on less than full season

2005: 13th ranked RB

You are expecting him to play on an amputated leg?

A sole starting RB in todays NFL, with so many teams going to RBBC, is quite valuable.

For that reason alone, McGahee will in all probability be picked well before the 4th round.

I would not take McGahee in the 4th round or earlier. If I happened to go strong with WRs early and had 3 WRs and 1 RB, I would grab him in the 5th I suppose.

I'd rather have Reuben Droughns than McGahee. Better production out of a player I can get later.

Someone needs to call a marine biologist into this thread so he/she can do a research paper on shark herding behavior.

A sole starting RB in todays NFL, with so many teams going to RBBC, is quite valuable.

For that reason alone, McGahee will in all probability be picked well before the 4th round.
He probably will, but that is not the question. Should he?

I say no way.

5th Round for sure.

This is a 3 team league, right?
c'mon dude. It's 4 teams! 3 is an odd number!
I like playing double headers each week.
:fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy: :fishy: GB the school of fish mentality in here, it helps the rest of us build solid teams while others go off hype not numbers.
:rolleyes: The reason you quoted me is.... ?FWIW, I doubt I'll draft McGahee in redrafts next year. But I'm more sure that he'll go long before the 4th round in a 12 team league. Probably in the 2nd, which puts him around the #15 player selected - 5th round in a 3 team league.

I would say third round is likely where he should go, given that he is the primary RB for his team, but taking into consideration what he did last year. That said, I will let someone else take him while I grab a top-shelf WR in the third round.

I would say third round is likely where he should go, given that he is the primary RB for his team, but taking into consideration what he did last year. That said, I will let someone else take him while I grab a top-shelf WR in the third round.
Maybe. Depends on your league's format. If you start 2-3 RBs in a non-PPR league, where does the #13 RB go? If you start 1-3 RBs and it's PPR, I can see him slipping into the 3rd.

Does anyone really think McGahee won't do better next year?

Maybe it's just me, but I see the Bills improving at OL and QB.

Defense will be better, thus allowing them to run more.

I'll rank Mcgahee as a top 10 RB in most leagues, if that means he's a 3rd rounder in your league, great.

he's pretty much undraftable
OK you are obviously joking here, but why can't there be a serious discussion about this?I have him preliminarily ranked as the 20th ranked RB and would rather take another 25-30 WRs above him, especially if this is a start 3 WR format. That puts him as an early 5th rounder in my book.

What about that Buffalo offense do you like? This is a bad question for you since you are a fan of the Bills, but with Moulds gone, Losman at the helm, that offense is going nowhere.

There are backs I can have later that will do better and I would rather have a solid WR corps than wasting early round picks on a RB.

Sorry, but McGahee should not touch the first 3 rounds, and anything after that is debatable.

But I'm more sure that he'll go long before the 4th round in a 12 team league. Probably in the 2nd, which puts him around the #15 player selected - 5th round in a 3 team league.
Why does that matter? Who cares if he is the 15th player selected. That doesn't mean he should be selected, just that the majority of people are wrong.

he's pretty much undraftable
OK you are obviously joking here, but why can't there be a serious discussion about this?I have him preliminarily ranked as the 20th ranked RB and would rather take another 25-30 WRs above him, especially if this is a start 3 WR format. That puts him as an early 5th rounder in my book.

What about that Buffalo offense do you like? This is a bad question for you since you are a fan of the Bills, but with Moulds gone, Losman at the helm, that offense is going nowhere.

There are backs I can have later that will do better and I would rather have a solid WR corps than wasting early round picks on a RB.

Sorry, but McGahee should not touch the first 3 rounds, and anything after that is debatable.
IT's LENT!That's why you are so adamant about this fishing trip....

EDIT - that's a collective you, as in the few of you who insist on trying to convince the rest of us that Mcgahee is a round 4 pick

But I'm more sure that he'll go long before the 4th round in a 12 team league. Probably in the 2nd, which puts him around the #15 player selected - 5th round in a 3 team league.
Why does that matter? Who cares if he is the 15th player selected. That doesn't mean he should be selected, just that the majority of people are wrong.
:shrug: I'm just saying that's where he'll be picked. If you don't like the value, ok.I'm more responding to the other posts than your original one, although I really don't agree with you there either. I do agree that certain RBs will be better values.

Will that be Dunn? Is he even back in Atlanta next year?

Parker? Maybe if the Steelers don't acquire another RB and Staley is done. I doubt Parker drops to the 4th in that situation. Is he's the lead RB, he'll be taken in the 2nd.

Jamal Lewis? :unsure:

Players I could see outperforming McGahee, which does not include a rookie that probably will as well:

LaDainian Tomlinson

Shaun Alexander

Tiki Barber

Edgerrin James

Clinton Portis

Domanick Davis

Larry Johnson

Brian Westbrook

Rudi Johnson

Thomas Jones

Curtis Martin

Warrick Dunn

Corey Dillon

Jamal Lewis

Reuben Droughns

Lamont Jordan

Deuce McAllister

Steven Jackson

Julius Jones

Just like last year, McGahee will not be on any of my redraft teams. He'll once again go higher than when I'm willing to take him.

The same can probably be said for Julius Jones and Deuce McAllister. Some guys others just value way more than I do.

Just for clarification - PPR / non PPR?

Assuming non PPR, I agree with:

Players I could see outperforming McGahee, which does not include a rookie that probably will as well:

LaDainian Tomlinson

Shaun Alexander

Tiki Barber

Edgerrin James

Clinton Portis

Larry Johnson

Warrick Dunn

Lamont Jordan

Steven Jackson

PROBABLY

Rudi Johnson

MAYBE

Domanick Davis

Thomas Jones

Brian Westbrook

Jamal Lewis

Reuben Droughns

MOST LIKELY NOT

Deuce McAllister

Curtis Martin

Julius Jones

Corey Dillon

He probably will, but that is not the question. Should he?

I say no way.
IF everything on the Bills remains status quo from last year, then you're right, he probably shouldn't go before the 4th...but we know he will.However, I'd be surprised if the Bills will again play as bad as they did last year.

You also have to take into account that McGahee is a talented RB, who will now definitely be two years removed from that horrific knee injury he suffered.

I'd say a legitimate case could easily be made for drafting him in the 3rd round of a 12 team league.

But for those arguing that there's no way he should be drafted that high, you wouldn't get much of an argument from me.

Just for clarification - PPR / non PPR?

Assuming non PPR, I agree with:

LaDainian Tomlinson

Shaun Alexander

Tiki Barber

Edgerrin James

Clinton Portis

Larry Johnson

Warrick Dunn

Lamont Jordan

Steven Jackson

PROBABLY

Rudi Johnson

MAYBE

Domanick Davis

Thomas Jones

Brian Westbrook

Jamal Lewis

Reuben Droughns

MOST LIKELY NOT

Deuce McAllister

Curtis Martin

Julius Jones

Corey Dillon
Which would put him at back 11-16which is clearly not round 4

so please pack up your reasonable post and start bashing mcgahee!

this thread is not about reasonable posts!!

Users who are viewing this thread