What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is Tampa the worst 4-0 ever? (1 Viewer)

Sabertooth

Footballguy
I've watched two Tampa Games this season. They got some bogus calls against Wiggins in the Minnesota game that were well documented here. They got the obvious fumble against Green Bay which still confuses me. How can a ball be ruled a fumble but there is no recovery? Griese also had a 3 point non call on an intentional grounding that may have move the Bucs out of field goal range.They got some very questionable calls against Detroit as well. Mind you they beat Detroit and Green Bay by a combined 4 points. And these are two teams with 1 one between them all season. I think the wheels are going to fall of the Bucs soon. They're lucky to be 4-0 and really should be 2-2 if not for officiating. Just a head's up, their line still is weak and they haven't played any good teams yet. Just wait until the run up against Carolina, New England and Atlanta in the playoffs. This quote from the NFL.com site if laughable: "Tampa Bay moves to 4-0 on the season and is serving notice it will be a force to be reckoned with. " :popcorn:

I've seen this happen before - a team seems to get all the calls their way one season but gets screwed the next season.

better to be lucky than good.Caddy got hurt, and Griese played 2 1/2 quarters with a cuncussion. Every team can be tough, especially after a bye week. I look forward to Tampa being the worst 5-0 team ever after they play a very weak NY Jets team.

:lmao: Hopefully, by the end of the year, they'll be the worst team to ever play in the Super Bowl too. :thumbup: Oh btw, for the bitter thread starter...every team catches breaks and has some thrown against them throughout the year. This isn't new. 4-0 in the NFL is 4-0. Can't ask for a better start.

better to be lucky than good.

Caddy got hurt, and Griese played 2 1/2 quarters with a cuncussion. Every team can be tough, especially after a bye week. I look forward to Tampa being the worst 5-0 team ever after they play a very weak NY Jets team.
:goodposting:

How do you have a posting about worst undefeated teams and not mention Washington?Off the left upright....ugghh.Their win at Dallas.....apparently Dallas forgets about guys going deep over the middle. (ie, Moss in the first quarter yesterday)..and they barely beat an inept offense in Chicago.No one mentioned it but I don't think that Pollard TD was a catch. Harrington is bloody awful.Griese isn't going to win you a Superbowl but he does what is asked of him in this offense pretty well. People love hating on him though. I'm not sure why because I find myself endeared to anyone who drinks so much at parties they fall down the steps! :banned:

I don't know. Tampa has had a bunch of lucky calls go their way. Haven't seen any of the Redskins games so I could be wrong. I just think the wheels are going to fall of the Bucs bus sonner rather than later. True 4-0 is 4-0....just ask the Vikings of the past few seasons. Caddy won't be much help in weeks 13-16 IMHO.

Right, so you're basing the Bucs record on a "bunch of lucky calls", despite not having seen all their games. Great analysis there. Nothing to do with their excellent defense, a running game that was 2nd-best in the league the first three weeks, a resurgent Joey Galloway, an offensive line that has been better than expected, very solid special teams....nope. All because of "lucky calls". Well, alrighty then. I'll open my calender up for December and January then since I won't have to look forward to any playoff football.

I did win on my bet on Det this past week. Perhaps it would be wise to continue to bet against TB.

Fwiw, Griese was knocked silly yesterday. I'll take a team getting a win with a punch-drunk QB and their starting RB on the sidelines any day.

There was a play, Pittman remembered, when he felt he had been open on a pass play."Brian, what happened?" Pittman asked in the huddle.Griese looked at Pittman for a moment, then asked, "What, Pitt?""I just asked you a question," Pittman said. "Did you see the checkdown?"Griese stared, trying to focus. "What are you talking about?" he asked."The checkdown," Pittman said. "The checkdown was open."Griese looked at him vacantly, as if Pittman were speaking in a foreign tongue. Finally, he said, "Are you sure?""I was like, "What are you talking about, man?"' Pittman said, laughing. "Forget it, man. Forget it.' That's how I knew Brian was messed up."On the sideline, Gruden could see that Griese was affected, too."I could tell in the way it affected his rhythm, his footwork," Gruden said. "His timing is one of the strengths he has. He was short on a couple of his drops."There were some plays he was out of character. He usually makes great decisions."

The Bucs won't play New England in the playoffs unless they reach the Superbowl. That's just unlikely. I don't think the Patriots have what it takes to make it this year.In reference to the Green Bay game, the whistle already blew so they couldn't challenge if they had recovered, but they did challenge rather or not he fumbled. Silly rule, but that's the rule.I'd rather be a lucky 4-0 team than an unlucky 0-4 team. I'll even admit that I don't think the Bucs belong in the top 5 in the Power Rankings, but the Bucs are clearly one of the top 10 teams in the league.The NFL is a lot about luck. Would the Jets suck right now if Chad Pennington was healthy? Would the Bears be just as bad with Rex Grossman? Would the Patriots have won yesterday minus all those injuries? They aren't pointing to the shirt and the Bucs aren't going to apologize for being 4-0.

TB should have lost yesterday. There is no way they overturn Pollards TD catch if that game is in Detroit, it was ruled a TD on the field and I watched the replay 10 times and still could not come away with a conclusive call. Then the very next play Mike Williams catches a TD pass and does not get his second foot down..a rookie mistake.

TB should have lost yesterday.

There is no way they overturn Pollards TD catch if that game is in Detroit, it was ruled a TD on the field and I watched the replay 10 times and still could not come away with a conclusive call.

Then the very next play Mike Williams catches a TD pass and does not get his second foot down..a rookie mistake.
How can you possibly say Detroit should have won that game? I am not saying the Bucs played good. They did not. But Detroit certainly did not either. They did absolutely nothing on offense until the last drive of the game. All of their points came on turnovers which set up good field position. Actually both teams played poorly yesterday and the Bucs were lucky to pull that one out, and if the TD had not been overturned then Detroit would have been lucky to pull it out. I don't think you can say either team should have won.

but the Bucs are clearly one of the top 10 teams in the league.
:lmao:
:confused: Oh wait...you think 0-3 Green Bay is still the better team, right?
Time will tell but like one poster said Tampa Bay could be 2-2 right now. With that said Green Bay could easily be 1-2, or 2-1 as well. Them the breaks but breaks give a false sense of hope. That is what you are clinging too.

If that is so funny who would you put ahead of them????????
In a random order I would take these teams in front of TB:New England

Cincinnanti

Pittsburgh

Baltimore

Indianapolis

Denver

San Diego

Philadelphia

Atlanta

Carolina

Seattle

almost making the list would be Washington, and Jacksonville

You might not agree, but like I and others have said, Tampa Bay is a 2-2 team right now.

:confused: Oh wait...you think 0-3 Green Bay is still the better team, right?
Time will tell but like one poster said Tampa Bay could be 2-2 right now. With that said Green Bay could easily be 1-2, or 2-1 as well. Them the breaks but breaks give a false sense of hope. That is what you are clinging too.
:lmao: :lmao: you people here kill me. Green Bay could easily be 2-1 :lmao: If Green Bay didn't make so many mistakes, they could easily be a lot of things, like a good football team, which they aren't.

I love the "Tampa could be 2-2" shtick. Philly could be 4-0 too, if Trotter didn't get tossed. Atlanta could be 4-0, if Vick played better in Seattle. Dallas could be 3-1, if they didn't choke against Washington. Arizona could be undefeated, had they started McCown from the start. New Orleans would be undefeated, if they were playing in New Orleans. Chicago would be undefeated, if Grossman didn't get hurt. Pittsburgh could be undefeated, if New England wasn't better. Green Bay may have a win, if they weren't horrible. And on and on and on and on. :hophead: :hophead: :hophead:

over Washington?  :no:

:hophead:
Hey Eagle fan. Raise your index, middle and ring fingers on one hand, and raise your index, middle, ring and small fingers on the other. See the difference? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
You might not agree, but like I and others have said, Tampa Bay is a 2-2 team right now.
:lmao: :lmao: No, see...they're a 4-0 team right now. You might want to go check the standings.
Are you denying they have been lucky in three of their games and because of two calls they were able to put 2 W's in the column instead of 2 L's. Are you denying that?Like I said, a false sense of hope will result and Tampa Bay as a 4-0 team right now will surely have you disappointed come season end.

What's so funny?First of all, they've had a top 4-5 D for the last 5+ years, but the crappy offense made it hard when it's a parade of 3 and outs. The bucs spend the lowest % of money on the offense, and now that they have a running attack, the D suddenly comes back to life. It's not rocket science.

So again, top 2-3 D, without question.

Solid rushing attack. Pittman and Caddy will be able to control the game, and the clock.

Two solid WRs, and a Trent Dilfer ish QB.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking

That's week 3 power rankings.

Go find 5 teams to jump the buccaneers.

The only teams I could even consider being CLOSE, would be

Giants, Seahawks, Chargers, Broncos, Falcons. And you could argue the bucs are better then all of those teams. So again, give me your top 10. I'm sure it will be as informative as your response. As Bill would say, you are what your record says you are.

:lmao: :lmao: No, see...they're a 4-0 team right now. You might want to go check the standings.
Are you denying they have been lucky in three of their games and because of two calls they were able to put 2 W's in the column instead of 2 L's. Are you denying that?Like I said, a false sense of hope will result and Tampa Bay as a 4-0 team right now will surely have you disappointed come season end.
Every team gets the benefit of a call at some point. If Detroit was the better team, they would have converted some of those INTs into touchdowns. They didn't, so they lost. If Green Bay was the better team, they would have won at home. They had a BS PI call go their way that led to a touchdown in the first half. Don't see you mentioning that anywhere. :confused: The refs called Pollard out of bounds after viewing the replay. Let me apologize for accepting their viewpoint of it with a little more credibility than the that of the bitter Packers fan on the fantasy football message board.

Right, so you're basing the Bucs record on a "bunch of lucky calls", despite not having seen all their games. Great analysis there. Nothing to do with their excellent defense, a running game that was 2nd-best in the league the first three weeks, a resurgent Joey Galloway, an offensive line that has been better than expected, very solid special teams....nope. All because of "lucky calls".

Well, alrighty then. I'll open my calender up for December and January then since I won't have to look forward to any playoff football.
I saw most of the Minnesota game where they got a 45 yard touchdown called off the board on a phantom Offensive pass interference call.I saw all of the Green Bay game where they got a no call on an intentional grounding that wasn't even a rollout, nor did it make it back to the LOS. Also saw Griese fumble a ball that wasn't even cocked to through and it was called a fumble, but the refs blew a quick whistle therefore Tampa kept possession.

I didn't see, but I read about the end of the Detroit game as well. Face it, this team could easily be 1-3 and they haven't played anybody yet. They've almost lost two of these games and who knows what happens if Wiggins is (correctly) given the touchdown earlier in the Minnesota game.

The teams they've played are a combined 3-12 so far. So take away the Tampa games and they are 3-8 vs. the rest of the league. Hardly a tough schedule. And they barely won 2 or 3 of those games.

I'd be willing to bet Tampa loses 2 of their next 4.

Could've, should've, ought to be, it just doesn't matter.The Buccaneers are 4-0. Not 2-2, not 1-3, but 4-0.And that is the rest of the story.

In a random order I would take these teams in front of TB:New England

Cincinnanti

Pittsburgh

Baltimore

Indianapolis

Denver

San Diego

Philadelphia

Atlanta

Carolina

Seattle

almost making the list would be Washington, and Jacksonville

To answer the last post this is what I wrote above if you would have read. In a game to game scenario I would take these teams against Tampa Bay and feel very comfortable.

Right, so you're basing the Bucs record on a "bunch of lucky calls", despite not having seen all their games. Great analysis there. Nothing to do with their excellent defense, a running game that was 2nd-best in the league the first three weeks, a resurgent Joey Galloway, an offensive line that has been better than expected, very solid special teams....nope. All because of "lucky calls".

Well, alrighty then. I'll open my calender up for December and January then since I won't have to look forward to any playoff football.
I saw most of the Minnesota game where they got a 45 yard touchdown called off the board on a phantom Offensive pass interference call.I saw all of the Green Bay game where they got a no call on an intentional grounding that wasn't even a rollout, nor did it make it back to the LOS. Also saw Griese fumble a ball that wasn't even cocked to through and it was called a fumble, but the refs blew a quick whistle therefore Tampa kept possession.

I didn't see, but I read about the end of the Detroit game as well. Face it, this team could easily be 1-3 and they haven't played anybody yet. They've almost lost two of these games and who knows what happens if Wiggins is (correctly) given the touchdown earlier in the Minnesota game.

The teams they've played are a combined 3-12 so far. So take away the Tampa games and they are 3-8 vs. the rest of the league. Hardly a tough schedule. And they barely won 2 or 3 of those games.

I'd be willing to bet Tampa loses 2 of their next 4.
naw... what's the action...jets

miami

BYE

49ers

Panthers

TB should have lost yesterday.

There is no way they overturn Pollards TD catch if that game is in Detroit, it was ruled a TD on the field and I watched the replay 10 times and still could not come away with a conclusive call.

Then the very next play Mike Williams catches a TD pass and does not get his second foot down..a rookie mistake.
How can you possibly say Detroit should have won that game? I am not saying the Bucs played good. They did not. But Detroit certainly did not either. They did absolutely nothing on offense until the last drive of the game. All of their points came on turnovers which set up good field position. Actually both teams played poorly yesterday and the Bucs were lucky to pull that one out, and if the TD had not been overturned then Detroit would have been lucky to pull it out. I don't think you can say either team should have won.
I will say they should have won. Pollard had possession while he was in bounds, I thought it was pretty clear. Therefore DET should have won.

The refs called Pollard out of bounds after viewing the replay. Let me apologize for accepting their viewpoint of it with a little more credibility than the that of the bitter Packers fan on the fantasy football message board.
Not at all bitter about the Packers. To give credence to an argument bring some facts. The only fact you bring is that Tampa Bay is 4-0 and that is that without admitting that they are lucky to be 4-0 right now. I dont give Green Bay any credit because they deserve none due to the piss poor playcalling from the coaching staff. I am seeing things without rose colored glasses on while you and others refuse to see what has been presented. Keep with the 4-0 stuff because that will only go so far. As far as Tampa Bay being a top 10 team... well... I said my peace on that and if you cannot accept it then fine. No harm no foul but I am not living with a false sense of hope.

No harm no foul but I am not living with a false sense of hope.
That's because your team has no hope. For the rest of what you said, I already addressed it. Every team catches breaks throughout the season...the good ones take advantage of them.

I've watched two Tampa Games this season.

They got some bogus calls against Wiggins in the Minnesota game that were well documented here.

They got the obvious fumble against Green Bay which still confuses me. How can a ball be ruled a fumble but there is no recovery? Griese also had a 3 point non call on an intentional grounding that may have move the Bucs out of field goal range.

They got some very questionable calls against Detroit as well. Mind you they beat Detroit and Green Bay by a combined 4 points. And these are two teams with 1 one between them all season.

I think the wheels are going to fall of the Bucs soon. They're lucky to be 4-0 and really should be 2-2 if not for officiating.

Just a head's up, their line still is weak and they haven't played any good teams yet. Just wait until the run up against Carolina, New England and Atlanta in the playoffs.

This quote from the NFL.com site if laughable: "Tampa Bay moves to 4-0 on the season and is serving notice it will be a force to be reckoned with. "

:popcorn:
Yeah, Tampa doesn't have a great defense, solid running game, and a decent air attack...you're right, they flat out stink. :lmao:

If Green Bay was the better team, they would have won at home. They had a BS PI call go their way that led to a touchdown in the first half. Don't see you mentioning that anywhere. :confused:
Um, Driver caught the ball on that one too. So even if they hadn't called PI, that play stood. Actually I think the Packers declined that one. I thought it was incidental contact, but Driver did make the catch, I'm pretty sure.

In a random order I would take these teams in front of TB:Cincinnanti
:hifive:
Cincy is all luck. Lucky they played the Bears, Vikings and the Texans, lucky they drafted Chad Johnson, lucky they have Carson Palmer, lucky they hired Marvin Jones.All luck. They're going to fold and Green Bay will be playing the equally unlucky Houston Texans in the Super Bowl.

HOMER @ RJ it's cool that you disagree. You just aren't viewing things objectively. Proof is in the pudding. We don't we revisit this thread in a month?

Cincy is all luck. Lucky they played the Bears, Vikings and the Texans, lucky they drafted Chad Johnson, lucky they have Carson Palmer, lucky they hired Marvin Jones.All luck. They're going to fold and Green Bay will be playing the equally unlucky Houston Texans in the Super Bowl.
:potkettle: :lmao:

HOMER @ RJ it's cool that you disagree. You just aren't viewing things objectively. Proof is in the pudding. We don't we revisit this thread in a month?
I've said many times in the past few weeks that this Bucs team has flaws. I don't trust Griese primarily. But to say they should be 1-3 or 2-2 is pretty absurd. Good teams find ways to win games, on the road (which they've done twice, in hostile places to play) and when they aren't playing well (yesterday). They have a top-3 defense, a very good running game, and an easy schedule. You certainly won't want to be bumping this thread a month from now.

How more objective can you get than records? 4-0 is 4-0. Bucs and Bengals haters can be quiet please.

Just sayin'

If they are a playoff team, they will make the playoffs. However, I am not sure they are.
who are you SURE of.... the pats.... and??? Colts??? the VIkings or Lions or Bears??

Users who are viewing this thread