What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is the Woman’s March anti-Semitic? (1 Viewer)

Yeah, not the most inclusive statements in the world.

I'll be going to the Baltimore march with my wife and kids today. Let's hope there's no stupid remarks like this there. Oh, and my kids can withstand 2 hours in sub 40 F temps listening to adults talk about things they have no idea about.

Here's the Tablet report.

The development of the origins of the Women’s March and its transformation into a vehicle that promoted a small coterie of women—three of whom bizarrely professed their admiration for the openly anti-Semitic, homophobic, and misogynistic Nation of Islam preacher Louis Farrakhan—was a deliberate act, one that had nothing to do with the general spirit out of which the March was born.

The anti-Semitic affiliations destroy the message.  They cancelled the Northern California march because it was mostly white women who signed up.  Seriously...

Apparently it’s actually the Women’s March for Minority Anti-Semites Against Homosexuality.

Great message.  

People are weird.

Last edited by a moderator:
One could also argue that it’s racist. White women are reluctant to share leadership with minority women in this movement. 

I think these flimsy antisemitic allegations are about discrediting the Women's March because it advocates the right of US citizens to boycott Israel.  Tablet is a staunchly pro-Israel outlet.  WM also advocates "extreme" ideology like medicare for all, ending mass incarceration, indigenous rights over their environment, and ending wars.  

I'm always weary of laws with friendly names and WM cites a lot of those.  There might be some overkill there.  But there's a lot of good reform ideas here.  See for yourself: http://womensmarch.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/WM_Portrait_JAN17_2019.pdf

There's nothing about promoting antisemitism.  Not even close.  It's a broad-based appeal to marginalized communities, as opposed to a token #####hat march.  But because it can be tied to a boogeyman and actually challenges institutional power, it's being attacked as antisemitic.  

One could also argue that it’s racist. White women are reluctant to share leadership with minority women in this movement. 
At the rally and march I attended in Baltimore, there were about 10 speakers, which included an undocumented worker (latina), a white trans woman (who got protested by a lesbian group), at least 3 black women (politicians mostly), a female rabbi, and a maybe 2 white, heterosexual cis women.

I didn't hear anything anti-Semitic at all, and it seemed very inclusive, even mentioning the men that support the movement a few times.

At the rally and march I attended in Baltimore, there were about 10 speakers, which included an undocumented worker (latina), a white trans woman (who got protested by a lesbian group), at least 3 black women (politicians mostly), a female rabbi, and a maybe 2 white, heterosexual cis women.

I didn't hear anything anti-Semitic at all, and it seemed very inclusive, even mentioning the men that support the movement a few times.
From what I’ve heard and read, the women’s movement has splintered into multiple factions due to the inability to agree on a shared direction. And some of this can be found in disagreements among leadership roles. 

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I’ve heard and read, the women’s movement has splintered into multiple factions due to the inability to agree on a shared direction. And some of this can be found in disagreements among leadership roles. 
I don't know which faction put this one on. I just went to contribute to the numbers of people there.

Users who are viewing this thread