What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is there any one player you would trade Dez for in a PPR right now? (1 Viewer)

I own Dez, and getting some interesting offers. But that team is 7-0 and I don't believe the potential upgrade at other positions warrants diluting the strength of my top lineup for the playoffs. If I was 3-4 or 4-3 and the playoff picture was less clear, then yeah I'd sell Dez for the right offer.

Healthy is part of this, it is football. Graham is great but the injury and his zero should have us all shaking, NE shut him down cold with a CB and a little help. Face it, Saints don't have many WR weapons, you can always double Graham and NE showed the way.

I approached the Dez owner with what I thought was a fair trade but he said it would take too much. Im thinking about counteroffering him too much

Jamaal Charles, easily. Matt Forte, too. Both have almost as many catches as Dez, and both get signficant yards on the ground, as well. Both have as many, or more TDs, as well.

As far as talking about NE shutting out Graham, the same thing has happened to Bryant. Week 1 againt NYG (who sucks against WR), and against Washington. He had 6 points and 8 points in those games (PPR).

He's a great player, and if you have him on your roster, you're doing well, but to try to act like he is untradeable is just silly. You wouldn't get those offers in a competitive league, but if you did, you'd be a fool not to take them.

Manning - for sure

Calvin - potentially

Charles - probably

Graham - as of today - no, not with injury uncertainty

Dez and BJGE have been offered for AP from a RB needy team in a .5 PPR.
I have AP, and will probably offer him for Dez and Woodhead.

I would definitely trade Dez for Manning, Calvin, Charles and Graham. I would probably trade him for Forte (in PPR).

Because of emotional bias, I would give strong consideration to A.J. Green. But a quick glance at both their schedules tells me Dez is better set up in the 2nd half.

I offered Blackmon/Bowe for Dez in a 16-team to start negotiations... and he accepted it! This is a pretty competitive league, too. I thought it would cost considerably more. This was last week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Healthy is part of this, it is football. Graham is great but the injury and his zero should have us all shaking, NE shut him down cold with a CB and a little help. Face it, Saints don't have many WR weapons, you can always double Graham and NE showed the way.
Jimmy Graham is about 6'6, 250, 4.5, 40 inch vert, great hands, & possibly the most precise passer in the NFL. Every receiver gets taken out of a game here and there - Calvin, Dez, AJ, Marsh, etc... The only thing that has me a little nervous is his injury, couldn't have less concern about the doughnut.

In redraft there are a lot of guys I would trade him for 1 - 1. McCoy, Forte, Charles, Graham if healthy, Manning, Calvin,

In dynasty there are only a handful, McCoy, Graham, Gronk, Green, maybe Julio this offseason

I would prefer the following players going forward over Dez Bryant in a typical redraft PPR league (assuming start 1/2/3/1 with 1 flex):

Jamaal Charles

LeSean McCoy

Matt Forte

Adrian Peterson

Calvin Johnson

Rob Gronkowski (yes, I said it)

In a typical dynasty PPR, I would prefer McCoy, Green, or Gronkowski.

& you haven't accepted that because? yea BJGE can prob be dropped, but dez for ap straight up is a deal as a dez owner I wouldn't take.
There's context to every deal, which is why I don't get into it too much on these forums.

I already have VjAx, Fitzgerald, Mike Wallace, and Hakeem Nicks on this team whereas I'd be starting SjAx and Ridley if I traded for Dez. It comes down to points. AP plus Wallace (who are both past their byes) should score more than Dez plus (insert RB2/3 here) ROS. :shrug:

I also can't really judge AP on the smallest of one game sample sizes where the Vikings broke in an obviously under-prepared QB on MNF. With Ponder now starting, AP could easily out-score Dez for the rest of the season at a more premium fantasy position.

& you haven't accepted that because? yea BJGE can prob be dropped, but dez for ap straight up is a deal as a dez owner I wouldn't take.
There's context to every deal, which is why I don't get into it too much on these forums.

I already have VjAx, Fitzgerald, Mike Wallace, and Hakeem Nicks on this team whereas I'd be starting SjAx and Ridley if I traded for Dez. It comes down to points. AP plus Wallace (who are both past their byes) should score more than Dez plus (insert RB2/3 here) ROS. :shrug:

I also can't really judge AP on the smallest of one game sample sizes where the Vikings broke in an obviously under-prepared QB on MNF. With Ponder now starting, AP could easily out-score Dez for the rest of the season at a more premium fantasy position.
I hear you, their offense just looks like a train wreck to me.

So Graham is a non-factor from here on out? He's been figured out?

So Graham is a non-factor from here on out? He's been figured out?
He will never be figured out but I think they don't have a WR that helps him. Which let's D's double team him without fear of an outside threat

I know what you guys are saying about the other players. Have you looked at Dez's schedule?
Charles and McCoy have equally easy schedules, per the FBG rest of season SOS. You have a legit argument with Forte, Graham, and Gronk, although positional considerations probably play a heavy part in people's reasoning there. AP and Calvin have tough schedules, but obviously the track record of matchup-proof production is what is driving the preference there.

Not saying you're wrong, just giving the other side.

I know what you guys are saying about the other players. Have you looked at Dez's schedule?
Charles and McCoy have equally easy schedules, per the FBG rest of season SOS. You have a legit argument with Forte, Graham, and Gronk, although positional considerations probably play a heavy part in people's reasoning there. AP and Calvin have tough schedules, but obviously the track record of matchup-proof production is what is driving the preference there.

Not saying you're wrong, just giving the other side.
On a personal note, grew up it Pitt, not a Cowboy fan by any means. I agree with everything you said.

Users who are viewing this thread