What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is this Gio’s week? (Sneaky thoughts inside) (1 Viewer)

Gatorman

Supreme Elite Maximum Tier
Hear me out on this one. The rb situation in Tampa seems to be settling in a bit but this week they bat the rams in a pretty great game for defenses and offenses to be honest. 

the rams and bucs both have dynamic offenses and defenses so this may be the one week where Tampa may actually trail and Brady may be in the gun a bit more bc of the rams rush. That really kind of leads to Gio being the go to back in this one.

the counter argument is that teams have been able to run on the rams but does that seem like the game plan Tampa would go with here, or stick with if they were down a TD.

if any week is going to be a gio week it should be this one, right?

Nah. Gio's a complete afterthought. One of the biggest reasons for the Gio push in the preseason was that he was supposedly a much better pass blocker than the others.

That has meant zero during the first 2 games, especially after Fournette sold out and dove in order to pick up a blitz last week. And except for that one drop that led to an interception, Fournette has looked really good catching the ball.

Hear me out on this one. The rb situation in Tampa seems to be settling in a bit but this week they bat the rams in a pretty great game for defenses and offenses to be honest. 

the rams and bucs both have dynamic offenses and defenses so this may be the one week where Tampa may actually trail and Brady may be in the gun a bit more bc of the rams rush. That really kind of leads to Gio being the go to back in this one.

the counter argument is that teams have been able to run on the rams but does that seem like the game plan Tampa would go with here, or stick with if they were down a TD.

I am with you on this!  The LAR DL will put pressure on Brady and limit his time in pocket.  Dump off to Gio will be a likely move to get the play off and sacrifice downfield play.  

The team just doesn't need this guy right now. Long season though and all it takes is one injury to thrust him into more snaps and touches but right now he is pretty quiet. 

I cut him @Gatorman earlier this week so if you start him and find success, please spike the football because on the surface I think this is a big long shot. But if you're right it will be one heckuva bump come Monday. 

I could see him getting more run in week 3 for the reasons you mention.   If he doesn't, then probably safe to cut him loose.    I still think he makes some noise this season, but I'm kind of expecting it to be late in the fantasy season.

I am guilty of buying the preseason hype. I have him as an RB5/6 in several leagues. It's a long season and lots can happen, but he sure has been a disappointment so far. 

Go was digned up at the start of the season which may be part of the reason he hasn't played many snaps yet.

I'm hoping Gatorman us right about this. I have Bernard on all of my teams.

Pretty sneaky sir :shark:

-QG

He was down for a while after the TD but walked off on his own although with a slight limp.  Haven't heard anything about the seriousness of the injury.

Kudos for this great call. 20 PPR points in my league yesterday. 

he was dropped by someone Sunday AM, a team desperate for RBs.   :lol:  

There is a sketch of a strategy here, but it is going to be really hard to predict game scripts where TB will be behind. Gio always produces when he is given the touches though.

Did you start him?

#36 RB? Sure, why not. But this is a blind dart throw pure'n'simple. Maybe it's a bullseye, maybe you hit the bartender in the eye.

In most other formats it is difficult to see where there isn't a better option available.
Lucky bartender.

Users who are viewing this thread