What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is TY Hilton the most underrated WR in dynasty? (1 Viewer)

King of the Jungle

Footballguy
* Apparent young stud qb

* Aging wr #1

* Overlooked success in his rookie year

* Praised this offseason for work ethic and improvement

What am I missing here? IMO this guy may be talked about as a top 10 dynasty receiver after this year. Talk me in or out of my madness.

I can see the argument for it.

As to whether he can crack a top ten, I guess that would depend on your views on age with respect to dynasty value.

If you shy away from any player with very many miles on him, I don't know if the 9-10 area is out of the question.

For me, since I wouldn't devalue a player in his late 20's whose game wasn't super-reliant on speed, I think he'd get pushed down into the 15-20 range dynasty-wise, because that pushes him down below the Marshalls and Fitzes and Bowes and such for me. But I'm definitely eager to see how he develops this year, and am targeting him as a good value where he seems to be falling in redrafts.

I don't think he is undervalued at all. There is a ton of hype surrounding Ty. The coach speak about him this training camp is through the roof. Everyone knows his qb is the 2nd coming and noone thinks dhb is going to hold him back from shining this year.

I already unsuccessfully tried to trade for him in my dynasty league.

I don't think he is undervalued at all. There is a ton of hype surrounding Ty. The coach speak about him this training camp is through the roof. Everyone knows his qb is the 2nd coming and noone thinks dhb is going to hold him back from shining this year.

He might be underrated by the general population. But I don't think he is underrated by anyone who owns him.

He might be underrated by the general population. But I don't think he is underrated by anyone who owns him.
Correct. I don't think you can get him for less than a 1st.

Last edited by a moderator:
In one of my non-PPR dynasty leagues, an owner recently traded David Wilson for Hilton straight up. I thought that was a crazy price to pay for Hilton. Not seeing him as underrated.

I think he is one of many.

Givens

Sanders

Garçon

Britt

DeSean

Gordon
Funny that those 3 would be considered "underrated" like Hilton. If anything, I think they've been hyped up in the very recent past in terms of dynasty values to insane amounts.

Givens

Sanders

Garçon

Britt

DeSean

Gordon
Funny that those 3 would be considered "underrated" like Hilton. If anything, I think they've been hyped up in the very recent past in terms of dynasty values to insane amounts.
Agreed. I'd consider Gordon and Britt overrated and say Garcon is hyped about right if he stays healthy - which I guess means he's overrated too...

Givens

Sanders

Garçon

Britt

DeSean

Gordon
Agreed. I'd consider Gordon and Britt overrated and say Garcon is hyped about right if he stays healthy - which I guess means he's overrated too...
Hilton owner here, but would move him for Gordon. He looks like a WR1. Definitely not overrated. Hopefully he stays on track.

* Apparent young stud qb

* Aging wr #1

* Overlooked success in his rookie year

* Praised this offseason for work ethic and improvement

What am I missing here? IMO this guy may be talked about as a top 10 dynasty receiver after this year. Talk me in or out of my madness.
You don't make it to the top 10 based on situation, you've gotta have some serious talent to back it up. Hilton had a very good rookie year, but I haven't seen enough from him to start speculating that he might make the jump to the level of a guy like Demaryius Thomas, Victor Cruz, Percy Harvin, Larry Fitzgerald, or Vincent Jackson.

For my money, the most underrated receiver in dynasty right now is Michael Crabtree. Prior to his injury, his ADP had him going in the early 3rd round as the 10th receiver off the board. Since his injury, his ADP in startups has fallen all the way to the 10th round as the 51st receiver off the board. That's bananas.

T. Y. looks like a Randall Cobb/Percy Harvin type. He gets punt return yardage (my league it counts). RW is getting old and DHB isnt a threat. I'm a buyer all day. What's he run 4.3?

T. Y. looks like a Randall Cobb/Percy Harvin type. He gets punt return yardage (my league it counts). RW is getting old and DHB isnt a threat. I'm a buyer all day. What's he run 4.3?
He's more of a deep threat than those guys and reminds me most of Santana Moss.

He's more of a deep threat than those guys and reminds me most of Santana Moss.
Excellent post and great comparison.ETA--Same height, both ~185 lbs, both ran in the 4.3's, both from Florida.

Users who are viewing this thread